Painting of You (chap 2)

Painting of You

The day was getting late and it was evening already. All the students were heading home, emptying the school building one by one. Kibum walked slowly, not really wanting to get home. He didn’t have a shift tonight, so he didn’t have to go to the café.

“Haaahh…” Kibum let out a deep breath. His mind was wandering, not taking notice of his surroundings. Suddenly, an arm draped itself around Kibum’s shoulder, followed by a voice.

“Hey there beautiful...” a voice reached his ear along with a blow of air, made him shuddered.

Kibum turned around to face a handsome boy, around his age. A familiar face indeed. The boy smiled at him. And he pouted at the boy.

“You startled me.”

“I can see that.” He chuckled and started to ruffle Kibum’s hair with his other hand. The younger one tried to dodge away, but failed.

“Stop that!”, and he did.

“Aren’t you happy to see me? Don’t you miss me?” the other boy asked. Now, it’s his time to pout.

Kibum snorted at the questions. “Of course not. Why would I miss you? I saw every single day of my life.” Kibum put his hand on top of the boy’s arm that was around his neck. He tried to pull it off. “Jjong-hyung, let me go.”

Jjong, or to be exact, Jonghyun, instead of releasing the poor boy, he pinched him on the cheek. A pain groan was heard from Kibum as he struggled to break free.

“Ouuhh...you’re so cute... My little baby is growing...”

“Hyung...I’m not your baby... I’m younger than you only for a year!!” he rubbed his cheek once it was let go by Jonghyun. He continued to walk straight, making Jonghyun a bit confused.

“Hey Kibum! Aren’t you going the wrong way? We just passed the street to your house.” Jonghyun informed him, but was ignored by the younger.

“I guess you don’t want to go home huh? Let’s go to my place then.” Jonghyun dragged Kibum with him. He knew Kibum for a long time and knew exactly what Kibum was feeling right now. Kibum never felt comfortable with his family. Even staying at his empty house, not really had to face his parents, would make it better. Well at least after that day. The day when his family and his life changed.

_____

“…..you should’ve seen that girl. I mean, you really should’ve seen her.” Jinki blabbered around. His hands were moving everywhere, emphasizing his story. Yup, Jinki was now in his apartment, with his brother and best friend, and had been telling (forcing) them the story about his encounter with the “beautiful girl” back at school.

Taemin and Minho, who sat in front of Jinki, just gave him a bored face. He had been telling them the same story, consisting the same person and the same words for about two hours. Give them a break!

“Hyung...” Taemin called slowly.

“….really, you should’ve met her...” Jinki kept blabbering, he didn’t notice that Taemin was calling him.

“Hyung..” Taemin tried for the second time.

“…haahh..that beautiful girl, I should’ve asked her name…” Jinki sighed hard, still engrossed with his “girl”.

“HYUNG!!” Taemin shouted. And this time, it worked. Jinki was finally looking at him with a rather confused face.

“what’s wrong Taemin-ah?”

“Stop that! I’ve heard your story for about two hours and I’ve had enough.” Taemin was angry at his hyung. He was tired. Really tired. He got  scolded because of Jinki and now he had to listen to his story all night long. Geez..

“Calm down Tae..” Minho tried to calm Taemin by patting his shoulder.

Taemin took a deep breath and sighed. He looked at his hyung who was staring back at him with a confused face.

“By the way, what did Mrs. Kim said to you, hyung?” He changed the topic. Jinki looked up for a second, thinking. He then looked at Minho and Taemin. His eyes filled with a glint of excitement.

“You wouldn’t believe this, I was asked to give three of my best paintings to be showed in the school’s exhibition.” He told the younger ones excitedly. He really loved painting and it was an honor for him to be showing his paintings to many people.

“Wow, that’s really great hyung. Congrats then.” Minho congratulated him. He knew very well that Jinki was really happy.

“Thanks Minho.”

“Yeah hyung, congrats. I know you’ll make a great painting. You’re very talented.” Taemin got up from his seat and hugged Jinki. Jinki chuckled at Taemin’s cuteness and hugged him back.

“Thanks Taemin-ah… I was thinking about finding a model for my painting, and maybe that girl will be a right choice.” Jinki dazed off once more. Taemin looked at his hyung with disbelief. Then, he got up and dragged Minho out the living room, heading to the front door.

“Taemin, where are we going?” Minho asked.

“Home. I won’t waste my time hearing Jinki hyung’s story about the same girl all over again. If we don’t leave now, we’ll be staying up all night listening to him again.” Taemin put on his shoes in a hurry.

“Hey, you don’t have to be so rude. I’m really going to ask the girl about becoming my model. What do you think?” Jinki showed up in the hallway, looking at his brother who was ready to leave. Minho was still putting his shoes on.

“Whatever hyung. As long as I don’t have to listen about your story, it’ll be fine with me. Bye hyung.” Taemin opened the door and stepped out. Minho following behind.

“See you tomorrow hyung. And please don’t stay up too late.” Minho waved at him.

“Fine, I won’t. Bye.” Jinki waved back. They sure were a lot mature than him, despite the fact that they were younger. Not long, Taemin popped his head inside, making Jinki tilted his head in confusion.

“Go home sometimes hyung. Umma misses you. Good night.”

Jinki smiled at him. “I will. Good night.”

_____

The next morning

Jinki walked down the hallway at school. He yawned and stretched his arms. He hadn’t had a good night sleep due to his mind which was replaying the girl’s face over and over again. And now he looked as messy as ever.

“Hey hyung!” Minho walked to him. Jinki greeted him back.

“Wow, you’re early today. Not to mention, a bit messy.” Minho was surprised. Jinki wasn’t the type of student who would arrived school early in the morning. He was usually late. Very late. And all happened for one reason. Painting.

“I was thinking about the girl all night and I couldn’t sleep, so I woke up early and now I’m here.” Jinki shrugged his shoulders. The both of them were walking aimlessly while chatting with each other. They passed the classrooms, heading for nowhere.

Not long enough, they were nearing the main hall. Jinki remembered yesterday’s scene when he accidentally bumped the girl. After all, the girl was walking from this direction when he bumped her.

Curiously, Jinki ran to the main hall. Minho, who was startled by Jinki’s sudden movement, immediately ran after him.

“Hyung, where’re you going?”

Jinki stopped in front of the big doors, leading to the main hall. ‘Maybe she’s in there’ he thought to himself, hope rising in his heart.

“I’m looking for the girl, Minho.” Jinki took a peek inside. It was filled with only a few acting students.

“What are you doing here?” a voice asked him from behind.

“I said I’m looking for the girl.” Jinki replied without looking back, thinking it was just Minho asking him.

“Who? What girl?” the voice asked again.

“The girl I told you before. Didn’t I just tell you yester-“Jinki turned around, facing the source of the voice who was not Minho. “-day”

Jinki looked at Kibum, well more like examining him. He noticed the short black hair which framed his pretty face and the slim figure. He looked at his face again. It was indeed the ‘girl’ from yesterday!

“Who?” Kibum asked again, he looked at Jinki weirdly. Jinki was sure a handsome boy with tall body and lean figure. But, Kibum found one more thing about Jinki the moment he saw him. Jinki was rather messy.

He looked at Jinki’s face once again.

“You...”

“Huh?”

“You’re not a girl! You’re a boy!” Jinki exclaimed. Kibum stood there, stunned. He lost his words at Jinki’s sudden statement.

‘WHAT?!’

 

 

****

here's the 2nd chap.

enjoy!!

rave