A Gift & Sincerity

Eric Mun, You Will Fall For Me!

Hyesung : What should I do to make him like me? I don't want those immature ways... I'm 23 for God's sake!

Hyesung just finished his classes and was currently thinking about ways to make Eric his when he stumbled across the culinary class. He watched from outside and saw those students were making desserts. Suddenly, the lecturer opened the door and invited him to join her class with a pleasant smile. Hyesung never learnt how to cook, so he was excited to learn.

'Is this how you do it?' Hyesung asked when he was in the culinary class.

As he was trying to put the pan on the fire stove, he forgot the the fire was on. He accidentally dropped the pan loudly. Everyone's eyes widen when they saw Hyesung burnt his hand.

At the same time, Eric was walking passed the culinary hall when he heard a pan fell. These accidents always occurred so he didn't care much. But he halted his steps when they shouted Hyesung's name. He peeked inside and saw the students and even the lecturer circling a person. 

Eric had never been curious before, but that day was an exception. He walked inside and saw Hyesung on the ground with so much pain on his face. He knew he should've leave the brat but deep down inside his heart, he wanted to help him.

The assistant immediately helped Hyesung to stand up and dragged him instantly to the nurse room. Hyesung didn't even looked up to see his saviour because he was too focused on his hand.

'Eric?' the nurse was surprised to see Eric in the clinic.

Hearing that word made Hyesung looked up and his heart pounded loudly when he noticed how close he was to Eric. He realised that Eric was really really handsome especially with those sharp jawline that people would die having. 

The next second, he was dragged by Eric when the older guy muttered 'Thank you'. That was when he knew that Eric was going to treat his hand.

'Geez, why the hell are you in the culinary hall?' Eric grumbled as he open the first aid kit.

'The lecturer invited me in. I forgot that the fire was on, so I accidentally placed my hand on top of the fire' Hyesung mumbled softly, he somehow knew that Eric was going to scold him.

Hyesung was waiting for the scolding but it never came. Instead he saw the quiet Eric who was gently wrapping the bandage around his hand.

'You know, Hyesung, you really should be careful especially when you're an actor. I don't want Junjin to scold you for hurting yourself' Eric gave a faint smile which made Hyesung blushed a little.

'I thought that you despise people like me... And look where you are now, helping me with my hand' he said flatly.

Hyesung : Great, Hyesung... Just when he is starting to be nice, you just have to screw up

Once again, Eric didn't scold him, 'I do... But I guess I can't help it but to help you'

That was the first time Eric said something nice and not harsh to him. He even helped him with his hand! Seeing how beautiful Eric's smile was, Hyesung wanted to see more. Somehow, he didn't want to give up.

'And if you think this is one of your ways making me fall for you, you're doing it wrong' Eric said as he put the first aid kit away on the table.

Hyesung smirked and stood up, 'Please, I'm not 10... I can do better than this. Just wait' he said confidently and walked out.

Then the door was opened again and there was Hyesung, waving his injured hand, 'Thanks btw...' 

It was a hectic day for Eric. He had to finish his gradings before tomorrow and the fact the he cancelled his plans to go out drinking tonight with his friends just made his day bad. It became worst when he saw gifts that were arranged nicely on the table.

They were not only gifts, but expensive fancy gifts. Armani and Dunhill. Eric raised his eyebrows when he saw a big card on the card. It was a card that was suitable for Valentine's Day.

*Told you I can do better <3*

Eric slammed the card on the table and went to look for a certain figure. He found Hyesung at the campus's garden. At that point, Eric didn't care if people want to say bad things about him but he needed to drag Hyesung back to his office.

'Come here!' Eric said harshly and dragged him away.

(In the office)

Eric let go of Hyesung's wrist harshly and looked at him with a intense glare. Hyesung looked behind him and smirked as he figure out what was happening.

'So... Do you like it?' Hyesung chirped while giving him a big grin.

'I. HATE. IT. I can't believe that you would be pathetic enough to buy me with money... You think that I would like you with these stupid gifts?! You're more than stupid if you think that' Eric said as he collected all the gifts and shoved them to Hyesung.

Before Hyesung could say anything, Eric's phone rang.

'Hello?'

'What, Minwoo?'

'I told you I'll tell you later. I have something unpleasant to do' Eric hissed while glaring at Hyesung.

'Yeah, see you at home' 

Hyesung's heart clenched in pain when he heard Minwoo's name. 

Hyesung : Who's Minwoo? Is he Eric's lover? Please don't... But Eric said 'See you at home', so they must've live together.

Hyesung gritted his teeth and shoved the gifts to Eric, 'If I say you keep it, you keep it... I don't give a damn if you want to throw them away. But never give them back to me' Hyesung said with an angry tone and shoved them back to Eric before exiting his office.

'YAH!' Eric called but the younger guy was to pissed to care.

'I'll just have to give these to Minwoo later' Eric sighed and placed them on the table.

Actually, he never saw what was in the gift bags and his eyes widen when he took a peek. It was chocolate bars and candies in the Armani bag while some books in the Dunhill bag. 

Suddenly, a whole new level of guilt hit Eric. He took the card and read it again. Then he noticed a small note said *turn over*

*I'm like the gifts. Just because I look like a spoilt brat, doesn't mean I am one inside... That's why I want to prove you wrong*

'I need to talk to him when I see him'

(On the other hand)

Hyesung was pleased when he had the bravery to force Eric to keep the gifts. But suddenly he started feeling anxious when he thought of Eric didn't even looked at his gifts and just threw them away. 

Oh God...

But first thing first, Hyesung needed to know who was Minwoo. 

'Junjin, I have a mission for you' Hyesung said when they arrived at Hyesung's house.

Junjin sighed and started thinking of all ridiculous missions that Hyesung could give. Every time Hyesung said a 'mission', it must be a nonsense one and he would do anything it takes to make Junjin do the mission for him.

'Find Minwoo' he said briefly and went into the kitchen to find some food.

'Wow, sure... There's only one Minwoo in this world' Junjin said sarcastically.

'I don't care... Find out everything about this Minwoo guy. I think he lives with Eric'

'Hey, guys... What are you talking about?' Andy entered the kitchen and took out a bottle of juice from the fridge.

'This guy wants me to find Minwoo' Junjin glared at Hyesung.

'Minwoo? Who's that?' Andy looked at Hyesung.

'My rival' 

'Damn, you just got caught in a love triangle' he teased.

'That's why I told Junjin to find everything about that Minwoo guy tomorrow when I have photoshoot' 

(2 days later)

Junjin could be a spy if he wanted to. He managed to gather all information about Minwoo. Minwoo was the owner of a cafe called Mystique and wasn't Eric's boyfriend. Just his best friend. 

'So, what did you know?' Hyesung asked when they were finally inside the car.

Junjin told him everything that he know. But of course, Junjin won't tell Hyesung that crucial information. He wanted to see how much Hyesung liked the guy.

'What about his relationship with Eric?'

'They lived together and been going strong' Junjin casually lied to him.

'What?! Are you sure about it?' Hyesung leaned forward as if he was hoping Junjin would say it was a lie.

'Yup, I'm sure'

'Very very sure?' he raised his eyebrows.

'Very very sure' Junjin mocked him.

Hyesung leaned back again and pouted. He trusted Junjin more than he trusted his parents but this time, he didn't want to believe him. He needed to see with his own eyes.

'Junjin, I'm not going to college tomorrow. We are going to that guy's cafe' Hyesung said and went up to his room.

'Woah, what was with him?' Andy commented when he saw a frown on Hyesung's face.

'He wants to attack Eric's boyfriend tomorrow' he whispered.

'Boyfriend? But I thought...'

Before Andy could continued, Junjin shut his mouth tight.

'Shh, he didn't know that' Junjin whispered again as he slowly put his hand down.

Andy scoffed at his boyfriend's prank, 'Tsk, you're mean'

'Please, I'm just helping him' he smirked.

(The next day)

Hyesung had to use one of his personal cars so that people won't noticed him. He dragged Junjin with him but the older guy told him that he would just wait in the car with a reason that he was afraid that Minwoo would recognised him. 

The actor was in disguise and he did a great job at it. When he walked inside, he was limping to the counter.

'Hi, how can I help you with?' the cashier with braces smiled at him.

'Hmm, one black coffee please'

'Sure... That would be 3600 won' 

Hyesung gave him the exact amount and went to find a secluded seat. Luckily there wasn't many people inside the cafe, so Hyesung could drink his coffee in peace.

'Here you go... Enjoy' the same guy served Hyesung's coffee with a genuine smile.

Hyesung : Is this Minwoo?

After awhile, Hyesung kept observing the guy. He didn't know how he should approached him but he was dying to know about his relationship with Eric. Suddenly, his thought were interrupted when he heard whispers from other tables.

'Isn't that Shin Hyesung?'

'Omo! Are you sure?'

Hyesung panicked. He didn't know what to do. If he leave, their suspicions were confirmed and worst, he didn't get to know anything about Minwoo.

'Yah, Joon! Long time no see!' 

Suddenly a man appeared from the upper floor and walked towards Hyesung. He was pretty sure the guy with charismatic aura waved his hands at him.

'How are you?!' he chirped excitedly as he took a seat beside Hyesung. With that, all the suspicion died down.

'I-I'm fine..?' Hyesung chuckled awkwardly.

The guy leaned in just to whisper, 'Don't worry, people won't recognise you now' he winked as he gave a puppy eyes smile.

'W-What?' Hyesung was taken aback by his words.

'I know who you are'

Hyesung grabbed his hands and pleaded, 'Please don't tell people that I'm here. They would chase me around'

The guy chuckled, 'It's not about that... You go to college where Eric works at, right'

Hyesung blushed because of embarrassment but he shyly nodded, 'Cool! I'm Minwoo btw'

Hyesung snapped his neck to look at Minwoo carefully. Damn, that guy is hot! 

'So you're the guy who's determine to make Eric fall for you' he smirked and Hyesung hated seeing that smirk.

Hyesung : Calm down, Hyesung... If you snap, you won't get any info.

'Yes and I will make that happen' he said with confidence.

Minwoo laughed out loud but when he heard the door was opened, he grinned widely and waved his hands at his new customer.

'Oh, my boyfriend is here' Minwoo chirped happily.

Hyesung : Eric? , I cannot let him see me here!

Before Hyesung could slipped away, his intention died down when Minwoo said a name other than Eric's.

'Dongwan-ah~' Minwoo gave a brief hug and sat down back.

'Joon-sshi, this is Kim Dongwan. My boyfriend. We own this cafe together' he said proudly.

Dongwan shook his hand and smiled, 'I didn't know you have a friend called Joon' he raised his eyebrows at Minwoo.

Minwoo chuckled and whispered, 'I'll tell you everything later'

'I'll get back to work then. Nice to meet you, Joon' Dongwan smiled and left.

Minwoo couldn't say anything when Hyesung bombarded him with questions, 'Eric is not your boyfriend?'

'WHAT?! No! I'd rather jump off a building rather than getting together with him' Minwoo laughed out loud.

'So, you guys don't live together?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

'Nope'

At last, Hyesung finally sighed in relief. So that means...

Hyesung : THAT JUNJIN BASTARD! I WOULD KILL HIM LATER!

'Let's be honest here... You did some research about me and then you come here on purpose. Am I correct?' Minwoo asked with a serious tone.

Hyesung gulped nervously. That charisma Minwoo had turn into a killer Minwoo and that was no way that you could lie to him.

'Y-Yes' replied Hyesung timidly.

Minwoo slammed his table and Hyesung winced in a thought that he might get himself killed. Or even worst, he would tell Eric all about it.

'Wah, you really like him, do you Joon-sshi' 

Hyesung blushed furiously as he didn't know what to say. He looked everywhere other than Minwoo. Then, the serious tone came back.

'Is this a bet that you made between your friends? If it does, please stop it now. I would really hate it if I have to make your life upside down'

At that point, Hyesung's pride was challenged. He gritted his teeth and tried his best to sound calm, 'This is not a bet nor will I ever make a bet involving people's feelings. My feelings about Eric is genuine. He is the first person who look at me as 'Joon', not the young master nor the actor'

Hyesung felt really great when he said it with pride. He was convinced that Minwoo could be able to understand him. But a realisation when he realised Minwoo might tell Eric all about it and Eric might hated him even more.

He held Minwoo's hands again and made the best puppy face ever, 'Please don't tell Eric that I met you... He would hate me even more. He is already not paying any attention to me nor my attempts' he unconsciously pouted at the last sentence.

Minwoo was stunned by Hyesung's reaction but later he gave him a warm smile.

'I guess you're telling the truth and I'm going to trust you. I met Eric when we were in the same high school together and after that, we parted our own ways but we still kept in touch. Ever since high school years, Eric was always smarter than me and still is. So he got an offer to study at AA Private University under scholarship...'

Hyesung : Woah, that is an elite university only rich people could attend

'Something happened there and he pleaded the people to transfer him to other universities... He didn't want to study abroad but that was the only option he got, so he did'

'What happened?' Hyesung got a bad feeling that whatever happened, it changed Eric's attitude.

'That's for me to know and for you to find out' Minwoo winked.

Before Hyesung leave, Minwoo called him one last time, 'If you're wondering what could possibly happened to Eric when he has that good looking face, just know that he was an ugly duckling before he studied overseas' Minwoo said as if he was reading Hyesung's mind.

Hyesung just smiled and waved his hands before leaving the cafe.

'So, what did Minwoo say?'

'YAH, PARK JUNJIN! YOU LIED TO ME!' Hyesung furiously yelled.

Junjin hid a smirk behind his smile and said, 'I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you'

'SO YOU KNEW?!'

'Of course, you were the one who told me to find every informations about him'

Hyesung pouted and leaned back on his seat, 'I hate you'

'But thanks to me, you found out the truth'

He pouted more, 'Whatever' 

(Next day)

Hyesung : What should I do now? I don't want to get yelled if I see him...

Suddenly, someone called for him.

'HYESUNG!'

Hyesung halted his steps with his body stiffened and trying to figure out who was it. His eyes widen when he knew, so he fasten his steps.

'Yah, Hyesung!' Eric called again.

Hyesung took a few deep breaths and turned around.

'What? Are you finally falling for me?' Hyesung smirked. He didn't want Eric to know how nervous he was.

Eric scoffed but didn't say anything, 'Iwanttosayimsorry'

'Can you speak more clearer? You're not 10, Eric' Hyesung rolled his eyes.

Hyesung saw a faint blush on Eric's face but he must've seen wrongly, 'I said... I want to say I'm sorry'

'For..?'

'For the gifts you sent me'

Hyesung never expected Eric would say sorry and he was enjoying this moment. He wanted to tease Eric more but he thought he should savour this properly.

'So, do you like it?' Hyesung asked in a teasing way.

'Well, I like the books' he admittedly shyly.

Hyesung : He looks so huggable right now...

'And the chocolates?'

'I only ate some... My best friend took all of them' he blushed slightly while scratching his head awkwardly.

'Is this mean you're falling for me just a little?' Hyesung wiggled his eyebrows.

Eric's nose twitched and hit Hyesung's head lightly using a book that was in his hand, 'Don't get carried away! You have a long way to go' 

'Yah, I'm not giving up!' Hyesung said loudly when Eric walked away.

'You should!' he yelled back while smirking secretly.

X

It was the weekend and Eric thought he could just stay in without having to do anything. But when Professor Junho called, everything changed. And now, he was changing into his black suit and riding his motorcycle to Royals Hotel. 

Professor Junho treated Eric like his real son as he only had daughters. Luckily he didn't try to set him up with his daughters. And he would dragged Eric to all kind of events and talks because he wanted to introduce Eric to many people as his 'son'. The irony was Professor Junho was doing the same thing right now.

It wasn't a surprise for Eric when he saw a huge hall with a lot of influential people. He had been to a bigger hall. Good thing that he didn't see anyone that he knew. If not, he would just go back home.

After all the introduction, Eric stood at the corner of the hall with a glass of champagne in his hand. He told Professor Junho that he would went back home in an hour. As he was drinking, he heard some guys talking behind him.

'So what brings the young popular actor here?' the guy said with a smug look on his face.

'I was invited' he replied with a cold voice.

'What makes you COME? Everyone knows that you're not a party person...' he mocked.

'One needs a change'

'But not for Shin Hyesung. These kind of events only your parents attended. Which by the way, where are they? Did they leave the young master alone AGAIN? How pathetic...' he smirked.

Suddenly...

'Opss, my hand slipped... Do you need a towel?' he chuckled softly

Everyone gasped in shocked and looked at Hyesung who his hair was wet.

'You should go back to school and learn some manners...' Hyesung said while giving him a deathly look and left for the balcony.

He didn't realised Eric because he was too furious to care about other people. That was one of the things he hated about himself. He was vulnerable whenever people mocked him while using his parents.

'Here...'

A hand reached out in front of Hyesung, showing a towel.

'Thanks' Hyesung muttered and took it. He was too annoyed to look up.

'Where is the determined Hyesung I know? Who says whatever he wants to say and stand for himself if people talk bad about him?' the gentleman said with a calm yet stern tone.

Hyesung blinked his eyes and looked at the guy. His heart beat wildly and eyes widen when he saw Eric who was staring at him deeply.

'Because what he said was right' he sighed and continued drying his hair.

Eric raised his eyebrows, 'Which part?'

'All of them. My parents are always busy. The funny thing is I'm used to it already, they've been like that since I was like what... 10? I haven't seen them for months now though we stay under the same roof... But things like that happen you know, I don't blame them for making their business the first priority. Because of them, I took the path of becoming an actor. Look where I am now, popular and loved' 

Hyesung smiled proudly but every word he said made Eric's heart clenched in pain. The older guy knew that behind the smile was pain and hurt. Someone who craved for love and attention. And another level of guilt hit him. Maybe that was why Hyesung determined to make him fall for him.

It was true that he misjudged Hyesung. Maybe the actor was telling the truth when he said he liked him. But Eric didn't want to lower his guard down yet. He wanted Hyesung to prove him more.

'You know...' Eric started. When Hyesung looked at him, he continued, 'If you really like me, try to approach me with sincerity' he smiled.

Hyesung was taken aback by his words. Suddenly he thought of a 'sincere' way. The exam week was coming up, so maybe he could work something from there.

'I get an excellent result... Top 10. Just for you!' Hyesung smirked. He admitted that he wasn't a bright student but he can work on it.

'Try not to gamble something you know you won't win' Eric sighed mockingly.

'YAH, I CAN GET A GOOD RESULT! YOU'LL JUST WAIT!' Hyesung pointed his index finger to Eric.

'For how long? Forever?' Eric smirked.

'Ha ha, very funny' Hyesung rolled his eyes.

After spending some alone time outside the hall, Hyesung had to go back when Junjin called. Before he left, he forced Eric to remember his words and he would have to ask someone to tutor him. Andy maybe.