We Hate Each Other

Eric Mun, You Will Fall For Me!

'I cannot believe that I'm going to school again!' 

A pale looking guy hissed under his breath as he was on his way to his college. If you asked why would a 23 years old guy just wanted to start school, it's easy. Hyesung was not a normal guy. He was a fame actor and he didn't have time for studies. He started his career at the age of 16 until now and he only managed to finish his studies till high school. 

'College is not school' a tall man beside him said with a calm tone as if he was already immune to his cursing. He opened up his tablet to recheck the pretty guy's schedule. So far he had nothing other than college. He was the one who persuaded Hyesung to go to college because he at least needed to have a college degree.

'It's just the same' the pinky lips on his face turned into a pout and was looking outside the window.

The man sighed, 'Hyesung, you have to get a degree at least. We don't want people to call you uneducated right'

'Whatever' he muttered as he didn't want to fight with the man. 

After 10 minutes of ride, Hyesung and his friend finally arrived at the college. They noticed a lot of college students were waiting with anticipation for someone at the college gate. 

'How do they even know I'm arriving today?' Hyesung asked a stupid question because he knew that the news about him going into a college had spread wide throughout the country. But he didn't know that they knew what college.

Seeing a fancy Mercedes that they never saw before had just arrived, they figured it must be their favourite actor, Shin Hyesung. Especially with the very tinted windows. They literally chased the car until the open car park while screaming frantically.

'It isn't going to be normal, is it' Hyesung sighed looking at his friend/manager/bodyguard.

'Unless you're not Shin Hyesung, then yeah' he replied sarcastically causing the actor to roll his eyes.

His manager, Park Junjin got out from the car first to help the guards. After they managed to make the students to stay away from the car which was a no success, Junjin opened the door for Hyesung to get out. Once he got out, he swore he wanted to get back inside when he heard loud screams and yells.

'OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! IT REALLY IS SHIN HYESUNG!'

'I LOVE YOU, SHIN HYESUNG... BE MY BOYFRIEND!'

'I THINK I'M GOING TO FAINT'

'DUDE, YOU'RE SO COOL!'

'LET ME HELP YOU GIVING A TOUR!'

Luckily Hyesung was wearing a pair of sunglasses because then, he could rolled his eyes. As Hyesung was walking, he caught a sight of a muscular figure far away from the crowd. He was walking casually while ignoring all the screams with his headphones hung around his neck. The figure must've noticed a stare he was receiving, so he halted his steps. He looked up and tried to search for the owner's stare. From there, he made an eye contact with Hyesung who was still staring at him. Hyesung didn't know why but he wanted to look cool in front of the figure. Therefore, he pretended to take gifts from and give autographs to his fans. When he secretly looked up, he could perfectly saw a scoff from the figure's handsome face.

Hyesung : What the...

The figure just made Hyesung's day bad to worst. When Junjin dragged him to see the Head Department of Maths, he was frowning so badly. But he thanked God he didn't have to see that guy's face anymore because the college was too big for you to bump into each other.

'Hyesung, try to smile a little. You need to make a good impression. I know that you already starting to hate this college, but please bear with it' Junjin pleaded before they went inside the office.

Hyesung : It's not about the college. It's about that annoying stupid guy...

But of course, Hyesung didn't want to say out loud as he didn't want to hear any nagging coming out from Junjin's mouth. He followed Junjin behind and walked inside and saw a middle-aged man smiling as if he was already waiting for them.

'Shin Hyesung, it's nice to finally meet you. When the principle told me that you're going to take maths, I was thrilled' the professor shook Hyesung's hands with a great amount of energy.

'Maths is the only subject I'm good at' Hyesung said politely. And it was true. During high school, although he excelled well in studies, he could never get excellent marks like his Maths marks and that was when he knew he loved Maths.

'I've already send all documents and your college schedules to Junjin, so everything is settled. But I just have to find someone that would help you in this college. You know how it is with the students here especially when they greeted you just now' the professor gave a laugh.

'Why not Junjin?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows. He didn't really like the idea of a stranger helping him. He understood that it  probably just a small help but nevertheless, it made him uncomfortable.

'Because it's easier to have someone close to your age to help you with your studies' he smiled brightly as if he didn't notice the darkened look on Hyesung's face.

Then, he snapped his fingers. 

'Oh, Kangta would be a good friend for you. He's the student president for Maths Department... Yeah, I should call Kangta now' he nodded in satisfaction and called the student using his phone.

'Hello, Kangta-shhi. It's Professor Junho' he greeted his student using his high-pitched tone.

'You know that the new kid is coming and I needed your help. Can you come to my office right now?'

'Sure. Thanks, Kangta-sshi' the professor smiled brightly. Hyesung figured it must've because the Kangta guy agreed to help the professor.

As if on the cue, a knock was heard on the door. 

Hyesung : That was fast...

Professor Junho opened the door and smiled brightly at the visitor. Hyesung couldn't see the visitor as the professor blocked his sight.

'Eric-ah! It's perfect that you come now. I want to introduce you to my new student' he said with a very friendly tone.

He moved aside for the visitor to walk in and as soon as Hyesung looked up, his eyes widen. It's the annoying guy! With that, Hyesung tried to keep his frown unnoticed. The Eric guy didn't seem surprised when he saw Hyesung. He just nodded lightly as a hello and sat across Professor Junho.

'Hyesung, this is Eric. Eric is my assistant in this college'

'Eric, this is Shin Hyesung' the professor looked at Eric and leaned in to whisper, 'You know this kid right. The uprising actor... So be nice to him and don't say anything that could make him pissed' 

Eric suppressed the urge to roll his eyes, 'Yeah, I know him. He's THE famous actor. Nice to meet you' he said flatly which made him sound insincere, which obviously he was not being sincere. 

Hyesung was taken aback but at the same time was pissed by the attitude he was giving. 

Hyesung : What was with the attitude?! Geez...

Professor Junho just chuckled apologetically and said, 'Well, Hyesung-sshi here likes maths and I told him that Kangta would be helping him'

Eric just looked at Professor Junho and he was giving him the 'I don't care' look. He muttered under his breath, not realising that Hyesung could heard him well.

'Good luck handling this brat, Kangta'

Hyesung was already frowning obviously.

'What is your problem?' Hyesung blurted out as he had enough with Eric's attitude. He was a straightforward kind of guy and he would say whatever what was on his mind.

Everyone looked at him puzzled while Eric just looked at him innocently as if he didn't feel sorry for what he had just muttered.

'E-Excuse me?' Professor Junho was taken aback.

'No, Professor, I wasn't talking to you' he said politely while glaring at Eric, 'I was talking about your assistant's impolite attitude... I know that maybe this is your first time seeing a celebrity up close but you don't have to give me an attitude'

Eric seemed unaffected by it and just shrugged his shoulder, 'Honestly, I don't care if you're a celebrity or not... If this makes you feel better, I dislike celebrities like you... I just wonder why all of the sudden, you want to go to college. I bet it isn't your will in the first place' 

Eric scanned Hyesung from top to bottom and nodded his head silently. Yup, he doesn't like the brat.

Hyesung's jaw dropped at his bluntness and shut it immediately before anyone noticed, 'You have no right to say that to me... You don't even know me!' Hyesung's defended himself.

'True, but like I said, I don't care' Eric shrugged his shoulder and stood up as he was ready to leave.

Hyesung : Ugh, this bastard! You'll see later... I'll make your life miserable as hell!

Then, an idea popped up inside his head. 

Hyesung put on his fake act and bowed apologetically to Eric, 'I'm sorry for the attitude I was giving you, Eric-sshi... I didn't mean it when I said those harsh words to you... Please accept my apology'

Eric could perfectly see an evil smirk behind those angelic smile. But before he could say anything, Professor Junho interrupted him.

'Aigoo, Hyesung-sshi. You don't have to apologise. Eric here is always like this, cold and harsh. But deep inside his heart, he is a nice kid' the professor reached out his long arm to pat Eric's back.

Hyesung tried not to laugh at his remarks, 'I see... Then, I want to see his nice side... But if only, he could help me around the college, instead of the Kangta guy' he dragged his last sentence pleadingly and sadly.

The professor's face lit up like Christmas lights. Hyesung was really enjoying looking Eric's frown expression and he could heard growls from the older guy.

Hyesung : Serve you right, bastard. That's a karma for you!

'Oh yes! That's a good idea... Eric, help him around ok, I'm counting on you' he smiled at Eric but Eric knew his last sentence was a threat for him.

'But I have MORE important things to do!' Eric tried to avoid the situation. He wasn't going to waste his precious time 'babysitting' this brat. He knew that Hyesung was doing it on purpose and he didn't like it for one bit.

'Such as..?' Professor Junho raised his eyebrows.

'Hmm...' Eric took a moment to find any excuses that he could think of.

'The filings and students' gradings...?' 

It was more towards a question than a statement. He cursed inside his heart when he gave the lamest excuse.

Professor Junho raised his eyebrows, 'It's okay. It won't take so much of your time. Just help Hyesung when he needs it'

Obviously he didn't dare to say out loud that Eric hated doing filings and students' gradings. Heck, he always demanded Kangta to do filings for him and it took him forever to grade the marks.

'Fine... Let's go, Hyesung-sshi' Eric gave him a fake smile which later he got a smirk in return.

Hyesung stood up and bowed politely to the professor. Junjin had told him that he won't be with Hyesung because he needed to reschedule Hyesung's schedules.

'Aren't you coming?' Eric halted his steps when he noticed Junjin didn't follow them.

'He has other work to do' Hyesung replied instead of Junjin.

'Let's go, Eric-sshi. I don't want to waste any time here' Hyesung commented like a prince-like as he walked out the door.

'So, where do we go first?' Hyesung gave a fake friendly tone.

'I'll give you a map and you figure it out' Eric said harshly while glaring at him as if to say 'I know what you're trying to do' look.

Hyesung blinked his eyes cutely, 'But Professor Junho told you to show me around' he said innocently.

Eric halted his steps and glared at Hyesung, 'You're not 10 anymore. You have brain right, I'm sure that you're smart enough to know the places here'

Hyesung instantly dropped his act and smirked at him, 'I don't care. You have to show me around before I tell Professor Junho about your involuntary behaviour' he threatened.

'I hate you...' was all Eric could say.

'I hate you more' Hyesung chirped happily and followed Eric around.

'Jerk'

''

Eric felt like smacking his own head on the wall when Hyesung didn't even pay any attention to him at all when he showed him around the campus. Instead he was too 'busy' entertaining his fans who were already chasing them both. They eventually had to hide inside the lab for awhile.

'Geez, I didn't know the students here are so passionate' Hyesung mumbled.

'Look, I know that the reason why you chose me was because you want your immature revenge... But bear in mind that whatever you're going to do next, make sure not to involve me with your stupid fans' he looked at the actor intensely to make sure that Hyesung really understood him.

Hyesung smirked when he got caught but he didn't feel bad about it, 'K' he said. Even though Eric doubted his word, he just dropped the subject.

He thanked God when Junjin called Hyesung to say that he has other schedules he needed to attend to. 

'See you tomorrow, Eric-sshi' Hyesung smirked.

'Please, that's the last thing I want from you' Eric glared and watched Hyesung getting in his car.

X

The first two weeks was hell for Eric. He literally became Hyesung's manager since Junjin wasn't there with him. When Hyesung had his own classes, Eric thought he could take a rest because there was some bodyguards with Hyesung. But he was wrong. Some of classes Eric had to teach as Professor Junho was busy with the college's meetings. And unfortunately, it was the same classes Hyesung was taking.

(Incident 1)

'Okay, everyone has received the modules that I gave out yesterday. Think of it as an exam and do it in an hour. Any questions, just raise up your hand and I'll help'

Eric knew what Hyesung was going to do and he was right. Every 10 minutes, he could heard students praising Hyesung when he solved some of the difficult questions. And every time people asked how can he do it, he would always said because Eric taught him. Which obviously was a lie. Then the attention moved towards Eric shortly before resuming their attention towards Hyesung.

The older guy checked Hyesung's file and found out that Hyesung was really good in maths. He always achieved excellent marks for maths each time of exam season.

'Mr Eric always help me whenever I need any help... Right?' Hyesung looked at Eric sweetly.

By now, Hyesung knew that Eric hated any attention especially when Hyesung found out that Eric had his own fan club. He made a mental note to ask about it.

'Hmm... I would appreciate it if you guys could focus more on your work than other people's work' he said casually but gave Hyesung a glare.

Hyesung just grinned innocently and got back to his own work. After 30 minutes, Hyesung raised up his hands before telling Eric that he had other schedules. Seeing that he had done his work, Eric let him go. Hyesung gave his modules for Eric to grade and he noticed a small message at the back of the papers.

*You look hot when you're mad ;)*

Eric clenched his fist when he read it. 

Eric : I would kill him the next time I see him!

(Incident 2)

It was a peaceful Tuesday morning when Eric didn't have anything to do besides staying in the library and read some good books. Maybe studying a little. 

As he was writing some notes in his notebook, he felt an aura in front of him. He frowned when he saw Hyesung looking smugly at him.

'What do you want? I'm not teaching anymore' Eric said without looking at him. Now, Professor Junho had started teaching again and for the first time, Eric felt blessed.

'I know. But didn't Professor Junho said if I want help, you have to help me' he said casually and tried to take one of Eric's books but Eric quickly slapped his hands.

'What help do you want?' Eric looked at him. Annoyed.

'Entertain me' he smiled evilly.

'Don't you have something better to do?'

'Like what?' he asked innocently.

'Geez, I don't know... Studying maybe' he said sarcastically. He stopped writing and put the reference book away. Now, he was reading some psychology book.

'Too lazy... I studied just now' Hyesung put his chin on the table and looked up to Eric.

'Too bad I'm busy right now. Go find someone else' he waved his hands frantically hoping that Hyesung would go away.

'It's okay... I can just sit here with you' he smirked.

'No talking' Eric warned.

Hyesung gave a wink and put his index finger on his lips, 'Not a word'

Eric didn't answered him. He knew that Hyesung couldn't last 10 minutes without talking, so he counted secretly in his mind.

'So, do you have a girlfriend?' Hyesung asked randomly.

Eric : Hmm, 13 minutes... That's new.

'None of your concern' he said shortly,

'Come on, you're no fun... I mean, I understand if you never been in a relationship before' Hyesung mocked him.

Eric's nose twitched, 'I don't have a girlfriend'

Hyesung thought of something for a moment before asking, 'Boyfriend?'

Eric stopped reading and looked up to him, glaring.

'If this is one of your way making fun of people, quit it... I don't have time!' Eric raised his voice a little.

Hyesung was confused by Eric's words. Did he say something wrong? 

'I was just asking, geez... You don't have to be so sensitive' he muttered pouting.

Eric closed the book loudly and stood up, 'This is going to be the first and the last time you're going to ask a personally question to me. I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have a boyfriend. Satisfied? Ok, good...'

Eric picked up all his books and left the library after giving the books back to the counter.

(Incident 3)

Being Professor Junho's assistant had many advantages. He had his own workplace, he got to learn so many things at a young age and he didn't have to worry about the people who was going to judge him because apparently everyone liked him. Professor Junho was a good friend with Eric's parents who were currently working in Canada, so when Eric wanted to stay in Korea after he graduated, Professor Junho helped him.

After lunch, Eric decided to finish his gradings before going home. When he opened the door, he instantly turned around and left. He halted his steps when he was sure that it was his workplace. He slowly opened the door and saw Hyesung who was sitting on Eric's chair.

'Everyone, OUT!' Eric said it out loud.

Everyone who was lining up in front of his desk paused and quickly got out from the room. They didn't want to mess with angry Eric Mun.

'What's the meaning of this?' Eric said with a cold expression without even giving Hyesung a chance to say anything.

'Just because you're a celebrity, doesn't mean it gives you the right to do whatever you want. This is a college and we have rules... Please bear it in mind! I don't care who you are but inside the campus, you're just the same from the rest. A student! And please act like one!' Eric scolded Hyesung with a harsh tone.

'Do you even know who my parents are? They are from Shin Group! One of the largest hotel chain in the world! And you have no right to say anything RUDE to me!' Hyesung argued back. No one never dared to scold him like that. Including Junjin.

'Shin or no Shin... I don't give a damn! That's their life, not yours... So you better do something that's equally good as them! Don't be a spoilt brat who uses their family influence all the time. It makes me SICK!' 

Hyesung's eyes widen at his insults and he unconsciously clenched his fist tightly, 'YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT TO ME!' and slammed the door harshly before exiting the office.

'FINE' Eric yelled back and slumped himself at his chair. He decided to procrastinate on his gradings and just went back home to take a nice long hot bath.

Hyesung took out his phone and dialled a number. He didn't even let the other side talked as he quickly interrupted.

'Get a fcking car here! I want to go home...' he unloaded his frustrations to his manager.

'Okay' 

Junjin : I wonder what he had done...

'Nope, I'm not going to talk about it' Hyesung said as soon as he got inside the car.

Hyesung was still busy as usual but that time, it was lesser since he enrolled college. It was also the day where he didn't have any schedules, so he had all time to himself. 

He basically lived on top of the hill with his family and other workers but it always be him and his workers. His family which was his parents only were too busy to pay any attention to Hyesung and was rarely at home ever since Hyesung was 10. When Junjin scouted Hyesung to become an actor, Hyesung told him to live with him as he had no one to talk to at home. Now that he was 23 years old, it had been 7 years since his debut.

(During dinner)

'Young Master, your parents told me to tell you that they wished Happy Belated Birthday and they were sorry they couldn't come home' Hyesung's main butler entered the dining room and whispered those words to him.

'Hmm' 

Hyesung was used to his parents were around to celebrate anything with him. Ever since Junjin stayed in the same house as Hyesung, he knew all about Hyesung. How the guy pursue acting in order to hide his true feelings. It made him feel sorry for the younger guy for the lack of love he was receiving. Therefore, Junjin tried his best to be his 'brother' that he could lean on.

'What happened today?' Junjin started the conversation.

'That stupid annoying guy insulted me' Hyesung said lazily as he played with his food.

'What did you do?' 

Junjin knew that people won't mess with Hyesung unless the actor did something.

'Yah, it was his fault!' Hyesung yelled defensively.

'Ok ok, I'm sorry... What did HE do?' Junjin suppressed the urge to roll his eyes.

'He started scolding me when he saw those people lining up in his office. They just wanted my autographs. I don't even know why he should get mad in the first place' he pouted.

Junjin : It's his office. He has the rights...

Of course, Junjin didn't say it out loud, 'What did he say?'

Hyesung told him everything that Eric said, no less, no more.

'But now that I think about it, I'm not mad anymore'

Junjin : This is new...

'Why?' Junjin looked up while raising his eyebrows.

'Because I'm going to prove that he is wrong!' Hyesung said with full determination.

Junjin : I should've thought about that

'How are you going to do that?' 

Hyesung shrugged his shoulder and continued eating, 'I don't know yet but I'll think of something' 

That was the first time Junjin saw Hyesung who wanted to prove someone wrong. Just because they said something bad about him. He and only him knew that Hyesung wasn't a spoilt brat. The only thing he wanted was attention from people he loved. 

Hyesung : Eric Mun, you just wait!