Taking Care of a Misbehaved Child

YAH!!! He's not my BOYFRIEND, he's my COUSIN!

 

Min POV:

 

 

Doojoon tuned and put his hand on Yoseob’s shoulder cutting him off mid sentence. Yoseob looked a little annoyed, but he didn’t say anything. We looked over at Doojoon. He was staring across the room at something

 

“Something’s going on with Blockb.”

 

As soon as he said that everyone else dropped what they were doing and stared across the room at whatever Doojoon was talking about.

 

“What’s Blockb?” I asked Yoseob.

 

“They’re the other group of kingkas.”

 

Yoseob sat up straighter to get a better look. I still couldn’t see where they were looking at. I looked all around the room to try and figure out who they were looking at, but I was still confused. Junhyung watched with a bored look on his face.

 

“I wonder what Kyung did to piss Taeil off so bad?” he asked, laying his head down in the palm of his hand.

 

‘Kyung?’ I thought to myself.

 

That guy from earlier had said his name was Park Kyung. Could that be him? I looked back over at his table just in time to see him getting his head slammed into the table by a shorter boy sitting next to him.

 

“Ouch.” Kikwang said flinching as he watched.

 

“That’s gotta hurt.” Hyunseung mumbled to himself.

 

“Taeil’s really pissed.” Doojoon said quietly.

 

“But that never happens…” Dongwoon added confusion in his voice.

 

I stared at the guy they were talking about. He was shorter than most guys, and he had short reddish brown hair. He looked familiar. When I thought about it a little bit I remember seeing him in class. So he’s a senior and he’s has class with Doojoon and me. Hmm…

 

I lifted my head back up and saw Taeil pulling Kyung up by his collar. Even thought Kyung was a lot taller than Taeil he just let him yank him around. It didn’t sound like he gets mad very often, so maybe since it doesn’t happen very much it seems that much scarier when he does.

 

My eyes widened as he started dragging Kyung across the room towards our table.

 

“What’s he doing?” Yoseob asked confused.

 

“Is he gonna kick his or something?” Junhyung asked, sounding a little less bored now.

 

Their faces became confused the closer they got to our table. ‘Please, please, please, don’t let this have anything to do with me.’ I thought desperately. He stopped a few feet away from our table and pushed Kyung forward. ‘God damnit.’ I tried to keep my face calm as I stared in between the two. Taeil’s face was calm, but Kyung looked embarrassed.

 

“Apologize and ask for forgiveness.” Taeil said in a bored tone.

 

Kyung stared at me for a second, and then looked around at the others sitting with me nervously. They were all completely confused and looking between me and Kyung.  He looked back at Taeil.

 

“But hyung~” he whined nervously.

 

“What, you’re embarrassed?” Taeil asked.

 

The look on his face clearly said that he was. Maybe even a little scared.

 

“Well I’m embarrassed everyday having a pabo dongsaeng like you.” He told him angrily.

 

He raised his arm and pulled it back threateningly.

 

“Now apologize before I really embarrass you by beating you like a misbehaved child.” He spat.

 

He pulled his arm back further and Kyung flinched and wrapped his hands around his head to keep himself from getting hit in his already sore and throbbing head.

 

“-MIANHAE!!!” he yelled frantically.

 

“Do it properly.” Taeilsaid edgilly.

 

Kyung pulled his arms down and put them by his sides. He was tense. Like he expected to get hit at any second. He bowed ninety degrees and stood straight again. Taeil put his arm down too and shoved his hands in his pockets as he waited. Kyung his lips nervously.

 

“Mianhae Kim Min-ah. Please forgive me for-” He eyed Junhyung nervously, “-my previous actions.”

 

He stared at me waiting for me to say something. I looked around the table and everyone was staring between me and Kyung with confused looks on their faces. I stared at him for a minute then looked over at Taeil. He was watching me with a semi bored look on his face. I smiled at him. This whole thing was ridiculous.

 

“You do realize I already took care of this, don’t you?” I asked him, amusement clear on my face.

 

He nodded and looked away.

 

“It’s only right that he apologize after disrespecting you like he did.” He said calmly.

 

I looked back at Kyung. He looked like he was sweating bullets. He looked so nervous and uncomfortable it was kind of pathetic. I decided to be nice and take pity on him.

 

“You’re forgiven.”

 

I had to keep myself from laughing as he let out a huge sigh of relief.       

 

Thank you.” He said bowing again.

 

“Hyung can I go now?” he asked quietly.

 

Taeil stared at him for a few seconds before he looked over at Junhyung. He nodded towards him.

 

“Apologize to Joker for touching what’s not yours.”

 

Kyung stared at him, but turned to Junhyung and bowed.

 

“Mianhae Joker.” Junhyung looked over at me confusion on his face.

 

I looked back at him just as confused. I didn’t understand it either.

 

Taeil turned to me. “From now on Kyung is gonna keep his hands to himself.”

 

He grabbed Kyung the collar and pulled his face down towards his.

 

“Got that?” he asked threateningly.

 

“D-dae hyung.” Came his quick and shaky response.

 

He lowered his voice, but I could still hear him even though he was whispering angrily in Kyung’s face. I know he didn’t mean for us to hear, but I’m pretty sure that with how deadly quiet the cafeteria had gotten our whole table heard him loud and clear.

 

“You mess with her again and I’ll beat the out of you. Arrasso?”

 

Kyung’s eyes widened nervously as he quickly nodded his head. He pushed Kyung away from him and gave him a disgusted glare. He shifted his eyes to the far wall.

 

“Now go your wounds.” He said, jerking his head towards their table.

 

Kyung lowered his head and quickly made his way across the room and back to his table like a kicked puppy. Taeil shook his head at him and turned back to us. He looked at me and gave me a half bow.

 

“This won’t happen again. Hopefully you won’t let his actions reflect poorly on the rest of us.”

 

His voice had such seriousness in it that I almost felt like I was hypnotized. I stared into his eyes for a while. They seemed cold. I bowed my head to him without breaking our eye contact. He turned around and walked across the room, passed his table, and walked towards the exit doors.

 

I stared at his back in amazement. ‘What the hell just happened?’ I asked myself. As the doors slammed shut behind him my mouth started opening and closing like a fish. I was so confused I couldn’t even think straight right now. The entire cafeteria erupted with talking.

 

They all me.

 

“What the hell was that?” Junhyung asked. He sounded confused and aggravated.

 

“What did he mean ‘Kyung’s gonna keep his hands to himself?” Doojoon asked carefully.

 

“What did that slime-ball do to my Minnie Noona!?” Yoseob asked clutching onto my arm dramatically.

 

“I… uh…” I tried, but nothing really came out.

 

I kept staring at the door in confusion. I shook my head to try and clear my thoughts.

 

“I was… at my locker by myself because Doojoon had to go see Mr. Park.-“

 

“Good going Doojoon!” Yoseob growled at him across the table. “I’m blaming you.” He pouted

 

Doojoon glared at him but I just ignored him and kept going.

 

“I couldn’t find my phone, but I knew I brought it to school because I’d just texted Seobie a few minutes before the bell rang. Then that Kyung kid shows up and he has my phone. I guess I dropped it or something… At first he wouldn’t give it to me -teasing me or something- so I snatched it back from him. Then he starts flirting with me. I wasn’t really paying attention to him. So then he tries some cheesy pick-up line on me, and he grabs my .”

 

I look up at Junhyung. His eye is twitching and his hands are in fists. I run my hand through my hair and laugh a little.

 

“So I slammed him against a locker and practically ripped his arm off. I gave him a speech about respecting women and that if a girl doesn’t respond to you it doesn’t mean you can her. Then I came here.”

 

They were all quiet for a while. They just stared at me.

 

“Remind me not to make her angry.” Kikwang pretended to whisper to Dongwoon.

 

The table burst out in laughter at that. Junhyung pushed Kikwang playfully. After that the rest of lunch was quieter than usual. There was a bit of an awkward vibe since what I’d named the ‘Kyung incident’. It was like no one knew how to act after that.

 

 

 

When Doojoon and I got back to class that Taeil guy was already there. There were only a handful of kids there because we still had a few minutes until the bell rang. We sat down in our usual seats and sat our books down. I got out my notebook and turned it to an empty page.

 

I let my eyes wander across the room and they stopped on him. He was sitting there by himself. There seemed to be a good sized gap between him and anyone else. Like the others were keeping their distance from him. The minutes passed and the bell rang. Our teacher walked back into class and started our lesson.

 

I couldn’t concentrate though. I was paying more attention to the boy across the room than the teacher. He just sat there silently taking notes and trying to act normal. For the rest of the day he ignored everyone and acted like nothing happened. And even though I’m pretty sure he knew I was watching him he made sure not to look at me once.

 

After school Jun and I went out for some shaved ice. I could tell he was making an attempt not to let things get too quiet, but it was still more silent than normal though. I was still thinking about earlier. Trying to figure out what exactly had happened. When I got home I was still thinking about it. Thinking about the guy from earlier.

 

Lee Taeil.

 

I’d never even heard him speak before, let alone talked to him. But today he makes one of his dongsaengs apologize to me and threatens to beat him up in front of the whole school. It made no sense at all. My mind was racing. And what did he mean by ‘touching what’s not yours’?

 

And why would he have to apologize to Junhyung for anything? He’s my cousin. He doesn’t own me.

 

“AISH!!!”

 

My voice echoed around my quiet bedroom. No matter where I went it was quiet and it was really starting to aggravate me. I stomped over to my radio, flipped it on, and pushed play. I could hear it selecting one of the CDs. I pushed shuffle and stomped back over to my bed. I flung myself down on it as music started pouring out of my speakers. I buried my face into my pillows and tried to put today out of my mind.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Well, I'm sorta in a rush right now.

I don't have time tonight to edit the foreward.

I'll do it as soon as I can.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it

 

Comment and subscribe please! ^-^

 

 

Bye-bye my babies!

 

-MsRandelyn