"Who's the white chick?" O_o

YAH!!! He's not my BOYFRIEND, he's my COUSIN!

 

 

Min’s Pov:

 

I kept fidgeting in the passenger’s seat. I sat up straighter and crossed my legs. I stared down at my outfit and sighed. Uniforms so much… I ran my hand over the skirt again and practically growled. You know what’s almost as bad as uniforms? Mandatory skirt wearing. That’s what. Fashion annoyance aside I was extremely nervous.

 

I pulled the visor down and checked my makeup to see if I could find anything wrong.

 

Smudged eyeliner?

 

…Nope.

 

Lip gloss on my chin maybe?

 

…Nu-uh. All clear.

 

I sighed and snapped the visor closed. My makeup looked fine, just like it had the last time I checked it. Two minutes ago… My appa looked over at me out of the corner of his eye. He just shook his head and smiled ahead as he drove. I bit my lip nervously.

 

"Appa? What if no one likes me?" I asked quietly.

 

He reached over and patted my leg.

 

"I already told you sweetie, they're going to love you. Why wouldn't they?"

 

I kept giving him my scared puppy eyes. He peeked over at me out of the corner of his eyes, but kept driving. I didn’t stop so he looked over at me again. This time he sighed.

 

"Your cousin will be there. You've already got him on your side. Everyone else will love just as much as we do in no time." He said trying to sound encouraging.

 

I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms. It wasn't my fault I was nervous. It was my senior year and I had to start over in a new school. Not just a new school though. A new school in a whole new country! We had all been really busy this summer. Moving in with my Mamie (my nickname for my Grandma*may-mee*) and helping to get everything settled after my Grandfather's funeral.

 

I didn't have any time to go out and try to make friends. The only other teenager I'd hung out with since I got here was my older cousin. He was a senior too and he already went to the school I was transferring to. So at least I knew ONE person, but still. Aside from him I knew literally no one at school.

 

 I felt like I was being thrown into a shark tank here.

 

The other students had already been in school for two weeks. But there were problems with some of my paperwork. It all had to be resent, and rechecked, and refilled. So I wasn’t allowed to come to school until today. I couldn’t just try to sneak in with the other students at the beginning of the year. By this point everyone was already settled in.

 

Meaning that when I got to school things were just that much of a bigger deal.

 

So this goldfish being nervous was pretty justified.

 

Right?

 

Yeah… uhm…

 

RIGHT!

 

The car was slowing down and it wasn't until it had completely stopped that I realized we were parked outside of the school's gates. It looked so huge from the outside. I had to find my way around inside there? I was so doomed.

 

"We're here~!" Appa sang cheerfully.

 

Why is he so cheerful?

 

Oh yeah, cuz he doesn't have to go to a new high school.

 

Lucky him.

 

I groaned and tried to just stay still. Maybe if I don’t move he won’t see me… Oh yeah, that’s T-rex not Dads. He reached over and unbuckled my seatbelt for me. I pouted at him. I really don’t wanna do this. ‘Allah, Buddha, Jesus… someone help me.’ I thought desperately.

 

"Appa, do I have to?" I whined.

 

He just patted my head and smiled back at me.

 

"Ne, now go. It's your fist day and you're already late."

 

He laughed as I shoved my bottom lip out further.

 

"Have a good day sweetie. Fighting!" he cheered happily.

 

I stared at him sadly for a few seconds before opening the door and heaving myself out of the car. I sighed as I walked up the sidewalk to the main entrance. I’d only saw a couple of kids so far. Probably because I was about five minutes late for the first bell.

 

They were staring at me really hardcore.

 

"Who's the white chick?" I heard a girl ask her friend.

 

They weren't even trying to hide it at all.

 

"Here we go already. ’Let's all stare at the white girl.' Aish..." I mumbled to myself.

 

I just shook my head and kept walking.

 

It took me a while, but eventually I found the office. I stood outside of the office door and shuffled my feet for a while. I really didn't feel like going in yet. If I did that would just mean I’d have to go to class. I took a deep breath to calm down my nerves. I stopped shuffling my feet and started thinking.

 

'Why am I freaking out? It's just a new school. I can handle this. Minyoung, fighting!'

 

I put my fist up and cheered myself on for a minute until I had the courage to actually go in. Then I smiled and opened the door. As soon as I walked in the secretary stared at me like I was an alien. Rude much?

 

"I'm here to see Mr. Park, I'm a new student."

 

She opened to say something, but she ended up looking like a fish with its mouth gaping open. She sort of shook herself, and stood up. She walked around her desk and lead me into the principal’s office. Mr. Park was a short chubby man, but his eyes were friendly. He said 'Hello' and started talking to me about the school.

 

After the basics Mr. Park walked me around the school personally. He showed me where the cafeteria was, the bathrooms, and my locker. He even waited while he make sure my combination worked and had me put my things away.

 

When we were done with the tour he showed me to my class armed with nothing bit an empty binder, two blank notebooks, and a mechanical Hello Kitty pencil. He wished me 'good luck' and made his way back towards his office.

 

I stared at the door warily, but pulled myself together and opened it before I lost my courage.

 

The whole class immediately turned their heads toward me. They all started whispering. One girl was even pointing! ‘oh come on…’ The teacher was writing on the board, but when he heard all of the whispering he turned around and finally noticed me.

 

"Can I help you?" he asked slowly, like he was speaking to a toddler.

 

'Chincha?" I thought, clearly frustrated.

 

I handed him a note from Mr. Park. He scanned his eyes over it, and when he was done he smiled brightly at me. He turned towards the rest of the class, who were eagerly waiting to here who the white girl standing in the middle of their class room was.

 

"This is Miss Kim. She's a transfer from the U.S. and will be joining us for the rest of the year."

 

He held his hand out and gestured for me to introduce myself.

 

"Annyeong!" I said happily.

 

"Kim Minyoung imnida. Please take good care of me."

 

I bowed then gave the class the warmest smile I could manage. They all stayed quiet and kept staring at me like I was a science experiment. I was starting to feel uncomfortable, but luckily the teacher realized it and came to my rescue.

 

"Where should I put you?" He asked himself.

 

He tapped his finger on his chin for a minute as he looked around the room.

 

He had a bit of an 'ah-hah!' moment and smiled in satisfaction.

 

"You can sit next to Doojoon. -Doojoon, raise your hand."

 

I scanned my eyes around the classroom and saw a boy sitting near the back next to the window slowly raise his hand. I bowed to the teacher then made my way to the seat beside Doojoon. I stared at him for a minute before I stuck my hand out towards him. He just stared at it for a second.

 

"I'm Min." I said quietly.

 

He stuck his hand out too and shook mine.

 

"Yoon Doojoon. Class President." He said simply.

 

I smiled up at him, and eventually his lips turned up into a small smile too. I let my eyes scan over him. He didn’t look like some dangerous weirdo... He did the same to me and I guess he came up with the same conclusion as me because he kept smiling and started a conversation with me.

 

I had a good feeling about this kid.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Well, there's the first chapter.

I feel like it's allot shorter than I meant for it to be.

Probably be able to post chapter 2 tomorrow.

Ke ke ke, no school = Asianfanfics.com time

 

Well, Later Skater!!! ^-^

 

-MsRandelyn