Happy Birthday Baby Bear

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene settles herself on the kitchen stool while Wendy and the rest slaved on what should be Seulgi’s Welcome Home slash Birthday Party. Irene had just arrived from a hellish week which rendered her useless in the preparations. She was too tired. And to add to her current dilemma, she has not gotten a gift for her girlfriend yet.

It was either there were schedules or there was no time to stop and pick up a gift for her girlfriend. She couldn’t ask the others because she really wanted it to be between the two of them; something extremely intimate.

She feels guilty as she looked at the wrapped presents above the fridge. Those boxes were just waiting for her bear and none of them had her name on it. She sighs. Looking at her watch, she wondered if she still had time for last minute shopping. If only she knew how to buy off her phone apps just like Yeri did. She was about to stand up and take her chances when the door opened. Unfortunately for her, Seulgi had just entered their threshold.  

There was that loving smile from her bear;

That warm happy smile she always loved.

The rest of the girls walked up to her and gave her girlfriend furious hugs. She smiles when Seulgi herself walked over and kissed her lips.

“Not happy to see me?” The bear asked lightly caressing her cheek.

“She is super tired, Unnie. All she could do is sit there quietly. She hasn’t even moved.” Yeri frowns in worry and Seulgi immediately cupped her cheeks seeking for a truthful answer.

“Are you sick?”

“No… Love... I’m fine. Go get changed.”

“Seulgi! Don’t go inside the Unnie Room yet. You have clothes in Joy’s bed if you need them!”

Seulgi nods and leaves the kitchen. Naturally, Irene frowns not knowing what the three were up to. She decides not to ask still thinking of how to compensate her lack of gift.

They had a good lunch and everyone was happy to hand their gifts to Seulgi. Of course Irene could only watch them. Her girlfriend does not ask for whatever she would give. She receives the usual hugs and kisses as the rest of the girls banter on which gift was the best. She sighs, would Irene have given the best if she had the chance?

Later in the day, Seulgi and the two maknaes were now lounging in the living room while Irene and Wendy prepared the table for dinner.

The Canadian glances at their leader and so her distressed eyes as she watched the maknaes help her girlfriend open gifts from fans.

“No gift options huh?” She whispers for only Irene to hear.

“I was too busy… Besides, how could I top these?” Irene shows her promise ring and sighs.

“I already heard you say that the other time. And I am telling you, she doesn’t need material things. She just needs you.”

“It’s still her birthday. You guys even have gifts for her. I couldn’t even help…”

Wendy raised her brows then shook her head.

“What do you think you’re doing now, Unnie?”

“Stop making me feel better… I am feeling worse. I am the worst girlfriend ever…”

Wendy looks around and sees their landline phone. She dials a number and Irene could only look at the Canadian, dumbfounded.

“Unnie, it’s Wendy. Can you pick me, Joy and Yeri up? We would like to stay in your dorm for a while. Yes. It’s that time Unnie. Thank you. I’m glad I asked perm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter