The Finish Line

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They have improved since the first day of therapy. But this was really entertaining for Tiffany to say the least.

She eyed the couple with amusement in her eyes. The last time she saw them, Seulgi was still trying to woo Joohyun. The older woman pretty much gave in as they trekked down memory lane. Now, it seemed the tables have turned.

The therapist noted how those puppy dog looks were sent to the taller woman who barely put up an angry face.

Perhaps Seulgi was upset about something?

There was only one way to find out.

“So… How have you two been since last we met? I hope we continued to make progress.”

Joohyun eyed her wife, but Seulgi, the better half who mostly talked during their previous, was not speaking.

Not in any way

“Alright, let me rephrase that, Joohyun could you please tell me how have you two been since we last saw each other.”

“We were doing fine. We went out on dates especially on weekends. We visited our nieces here in Seoul and in Daegu. We were really having a great time. But I…” Those eyes turned to Seulgi and Tiffany noted how the younger woman turned away.

“I think I upset her but I haven’t figured out why.”

“Did you try asking her?”

“I did… Well… I think I did. But she hasn’t responded to me since.”

“You’re giving her the cold treatment eh, Seulgi?”

“It’s not really worth the worry. Believe me.” Seulgi suddenly replied surprising Joohyun.

The older girl moved closer to her wife and held her hand.

Thankfully, Seulgi didn’t put up a fight. Tiffany smiled knowing, yes, the younger woman was upset. It was clearly not enough to totally fight off Joohyun’s advances.

“You know Seulgi… Our first lesson was, looking for what was good about your relationship. You two have been great rekindling your love for each other for the past few months. Honestly this is the first time I’ve seen you in this state. If I were Joohyun I would worry too. In this regard, I think I have to move to the next level of your therapy. The second lesson is opening up.”

She saw Joohyun pull Seulgi’s hand making the younger woman face Tiffany.

“I know there will be times you’d be upset with each other. It is not a crime to feel bad about things in the relationship. What is bad is what you are doing now.”

Tiffany eyed Seulgi who turned her gaze away.

“It might just be a small misunderstanding that upset you. The mere fact that you refuse to talk about it with Joohyun would only make it bigger. You know why?”

Seulgi and Joohyun shook their heads, listening to the therapist.

“You both assume things.”

The older woman looked up to her wife and pulled the hand, holding it with both of her hands.

“Joohyun, has Seulgi always been this way whenever she is upset with you?”

The woman nodded at the question eyes still glued to Tiffany.

“I see. It seems you are really opposites. I noticed that you are vocal when you are. So would it be safe to assume you tell her if you’re upset?”

“Yes.”

“But do you sometimes scream at her?”

Joohyun eyed at the floor before nodding.

“Okay, so here it is. I want you two to note these two things. Talk about your problems. No shouting.”

Tiffany took both of their hands and smiled.

“You two love each other. You both know that. Since you started our sessions, you made an effort. Wanting to fix your marriage means a great deal for both of you, that’s why you haven’t skip any of them. Now, I want you to know that talking about your problems doesn’t make the relationship weak. It makes it normal. All couples argue. You two are different individuals. You can’t expect to be always in tune to what the other needs and wants. Compromise, you have to both decide which is best for you as a couple and not as an individual.”

Tiffany placed Seulgi’s hand over Joohyun’s.

“No shouting. No screaming. Keep your emotions in check. It won’t make the situation better if you add fuel to the flame. And yes, sometimes we all get to shout our feelings when we can’t control them. It never hurts to apologize when we hurt the people we love. My advice, take time to back off if you feel you are not ready to talk. Be angry at the situation but never be angry with your spouse.” Tiffany smiled as she saw Seulgi entwine her fingers with Joohyun who in turned smiled.

“Now, Seulgi, let’s practice. Why were you upset with Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter