On First Dates and Working Out

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Working out was never a past time for Kang Seulgi. Nevertheless, the bear didn’t detest doing the activity. Then again, being dragged into it was torture if you’re working out with Kwon Yuri. Not only did she have to do cardio, but she had to try yoga as well.

It wasn’t that she wasn’t flexible.

She was a little too tired to flex her limbs.

Plopping herself on the floor, Seulgi stared at the ceiling. She ignored Kyunhyun and Shindong comment about how big her tummy was. They can talk to the hand for all she cares. The bear didn’t even care that the great Kwon Yuri was already throwing towels at her.

She was tired.

And she wanted a hug.

She pouted.

Where was Irene Bae when she needed her?

She sat up abruptly only to meet a crumbled paper face to face. Apparently, Yuri ran out of towels and resorted to throwing pieces of old newspapers to her face. Seulgi had her eyes closed then huffed air. Sometimes she wonders if Yuri was really about to be 26 years old.

“Unnie…” She whined and earned a chuckle.

“Save that for Irene…” Yuri put her hand out, her palm meeting Seulgi’s face.

Not wanting to be ignored, Seulgi made a pouty face.

“Seulgi-ah… Stop it…”

Seulgi pouted some more.

Yuri whined.

“Fine… Fine… Come here you big bear…” Yuri gave up, opening her arms to the pouty dongsaeng.

“Tell Yuri Unnie what’s wrong. You’ve been a lot less energetic these past few days. I would have thought finally being called as Joohyun’s girlfriend would give you the needed push, if you know what I mean.”

“I don’t know what you mean…” Seulgi looked up to Yuri confused.

“You know…”

“No…”

“How young are you again?”

“21.”

Yuri pushed Seulgi then stared at the bear’s face.

“You don’t?”

“Don’t what?”

“You know…”

“What?”

Yuri ran her hand through her hair then leaned to whisper.

“Stuff you do as a couple in the room…”

“YAHHHH!” Seulgi yelled out so loud it reverberated across the practice room.

Yuri had to flinch with the sound. She didn’t know the trained singer could produce such hellish sound.

“Unnie, we have not even gone through a date yet. You expect us to… To…” The bear fought for the words which made Yuri laugh.

“You were released as a dating couple two months ago. Are you saying that you haven’t even gone out on a date yet?”

“I don’t even know how that goes. I mean, we both hang out even before I confessed. So I’m not really sure if we did or we did not.”

“You mean you go out with Irene even before you got together.”

“She usually is just at home. So I ask her out to accompany me if Krystal’s not around.”

Yuri kept silent for a moment. She stretched her legs then propped her elbow on the floor. Seulgi’s jaw dropped but she immediately closed it. It’s not really a secret how Yuri stretches her body.

“Why not ask her out today?” The older girl finally asked.

“I could but I haven’t asked her about her schedule.”

“Right, she has a gig in Music Bank…”

“I could just cook? I mean the members won’t be home till tomorrow. They all have stuff to do. Plus, Olaf is in Canada so…”

“Personal, intimate… Just don’t go to fast okay? You’re both by yourselves.” Yuri winked while Seulgi scowled at the idea of doing more than just dinner.

@@@@@@@

Seulgi got into the dorm with groceries in hand. She walked towards the kitchen already thinking of what to cook first. Of course there would be no chicken. She remembered Joohyun liked those spicy noodles so she thought of that. A little kimchi rice and Korean beef stew was for the main course, as Wendy suggested. She decided to get ice cream again for desert.

It really helped that she was better at cooking now since Irene and Wendy were too eager to teach her.

Though she could have sworn they were spending more time watching television programs every now and then.

It didn’t matter anyway. She could complain if it goes on for more than 2 days.

Too wrapped with the menu she was going to prepare, she didn’t notice a figure by the sofa

Sniff…

Seulgi heard the sound, but ignored it. She slowly placed the ingredients on the counter.

Sniff…

Seulgi looked towards the sofa and noticed pigtails.

“Yeri?” She asked then walked towards the sofa.

She the lights and saw the maknae watching what was presumably a drama on her DVD player.

Seulgi sat beside her and gave her should light pats.

“There… There…”

“It’s so sad, Unnie. They broke up because their band broke up. What will happen to you and Irene Unnie if it happens to us?” Yeri cried and buried her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Come on little one… You should know better that the band won’t break up. We might stop because of old age. But we’ll always be friends. We’ll always be together. Besides, I love Irene very, very much… I won’t leave her just because the band is no longer active. Heck, I won’t even leave you…”

“Promise?”

“You have to promise too little one. But Unnie’s promises she won’t leave you behind. Okay…” Seulgi smiled and dried Yeri’s tears with her thumb.

“Now, how about we cook dinner?”

@@@@@@@

The sweet aroma of beef with sesame seeds were filling the dorm when Seulgi heard her phone beep. Yeri, who was setting the table, heard it too and motioned to the bear that she would check it for her.

The maknae walked towards her phone and answered.

“Yoboseyo?” She asked and was greeted by a known booming voice.

“Yeri? Why are you at the dorm? Aren’t you supposed to be camping with the rest of your class?”

“I didn’t feel like it Wendy-Unnie…” The maknae replied. She placed the call on speaker and returned to the kitchen.

She placed the phone on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter