Chapter 2~

~Angel~

You widened eyes. Kai was just in front of you all smiles. Actually you never saw him smile, for a first time you were totally shocked, you fell in love with his angelic smile.

 

"Hyun Ni, nice to meet you, I'm Kim Jong In. Though we have some classes together it's the first time I meet you officially." 

He waited for a handshake.

"Ah...I.." As you wanted to reach his hand, someone overtook you.

"I'm Tao, Hyun Ni's brother, nice to meet you" he said with a cold tone but Kai didn't mind.

"Tao? Nice to meet you too" he replied with that angelic smile of his.

"He's here because his parents wen to a business diner so I asked him to come." explained your aunt.

 

You get ready for dinner leaving Kai with your mother and aunt.

 

You hoped that this time you'll know Kai better but your aunt never stopped to talk  and you didn't have the chance to talk to him.

After dinner, Kai excused himself and went home. Tao insisted to accompany him when you asked your mom if you could. You glared at him and he glared back.

Devastated and sad you went in your room. You hated your brother so much that the following days you avoided him and took the bus to go to college.

 

 

[ College / Break time ]

 

"Hyun Ni, your brother" said Sun Mi.

Tao asked Sun Mi to let you too alone and took the sit in front of you.

"Yah! Look at how shameful I am! I can't talk to you at home and I have to do it like this.."

You didn't reply.

"You know right, that all I want is your happiness, and that guy won't grant that wish of yours. He is in love with that Angel and rejected everyone else. Would you hope he won't do the same to you?"

Your heart ached. Of course you knew that.

"Think again, he's that popular. Why would you be that special to him?"

Having no reply from you he sighed heavily and finally said:

"Fine, do what you want. I won't stop you anymore. I hope you won't regret it all."

 

As he went far from you, Sun Mi approached. 

"Was it about Kai again?"

You nodded trying to hold your tears.

"I warned you to not fall in love with him... Geez..."

"Sun Mi-ah... "

"Huh?"

"I... I want to try... I mean, I don't want to give up without even trying my best to make Kai fall in love with me"

 

Since that day you decided to change, to be prettier so that Kai would notice you.

"Why do you always make that messy bun hairdo? It's boring to see you everyday like that"

"I only know how to do a messy bun"

"Huh? I guess I have much to teach you"

 

Sun Mi helped you a lot, "to act like a lady" she said and "forget your countryside's manners".

During the holidays you changed your hairdo, your accent and your wardrobe with also your aunt's help.

"I really like going shopping but I never have a daughter!" 

It was difficult and you didn't know if you could stay like that forever. You felt like it wasn't you.

 

In order to train you, you went out well dressed and make up on, and you didn't do the bun anymore.

 

One day you went out with your mom to a famous shop far from your home. As always you went looking for books when someone was shouting:

"Jen??? Jen!!!"

You turned your head to where that voice came from and you saw a girl of your age running to you and grabbed your hand.

"Jen..." she paused when her eyes became teary. "Where were you??? Did you know how much you scared me? I thought you died!!"

She was talking nonsense to you. 

"Excuse me... I don't know what are you talking about... My name is Hyun Ni not Jen..." you said embarrassed.

The girl stopped crying and analyzed your face.

"Jen! Don't kid me! I know you since years!"

 

She started shouting again and all people looked at you. 

Your mom appeared behind you and patted your shoulder.

"Miss, I'm sorry. She's not the person you're looking for. Her name is Ra Hyun Ni and she's my daughter. She's definitely not that person named Jen."

 

In front of an adult speaking to her, the girl calmed a little bit and let go of your hand.

Shameful she looked down and apologized to you and to everyone for shouting in the shop. 

Your mom dragged you out and you went home.

 

That was really weird to you. You wondered how much you and that Jen looked alike for a person to act like that. 

The road was so calm that you fell asleep. And when you arrived in front of the gate, you saw Kai in his car going out in prompt.

 

'Hope everything is alright...' you thought seeing his worried face.

 

Later you received a text from Sun Mi.

"Girl! Kai is with a girl!"

Shocked you replied fast.

"What? Nonsense he always reject everyone"

"I'm positive! It's a girl! N he's huggin'her!"

You couldn't believe it, you couldn't even show your "transformation" to him and he already went to a girl.

"Here a pic"

You hesitated to look at it or not, you didn't want to be hurt.

After a long time you finally looked at it.

 

'Nooooooo! That's really a girl... But wait, I know her? Her face... It's..."

 
[TBC]