3

Gangster's paradise [hiatus and very slow updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You remembered setting an alarm to ring at 6.30 in the morning but it didn't ring, and it was already 7.

"Dang it, i need to get a new phone. Stupid alarm malfunctions!" You tossed your phone onto your bed angrily and sluggishly walked to the bathroom to do your morning wash up routine.

You had actually intended to wake up a tad earlier to reach school early to make up for what you did yesterday. There was no way you were going to get detention on your 2nd day of school. But your phone failed you again today, so you had to hurry up a bit if you didn't want to be late.

After washing up, you headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of milk from the fridge and a banana. You opened a self and took out a box of cereal-honey stars! Your favourite. Yeah, it was childish but it tasted good.

Grabbing a bowl from the drying rack, you poured some honey stars and milk in, and ate it as fast as you could, before devouring the banana. A good, healthy breakfast. Then you grabbed your bag, phone, wallet and keys before running out of the house. 

You reached the front gate of your school 20 minutes before classes started, so you strolled in, taking your time. In all honesty, you didn't want to face Taehyung today. He was probably going to bombard you with a gazillion questions and you did not like the idea of it one bit.

And you didn't want to meet his group of wannabe gangster friends either. Stupid boys.

But, as usual, god wasn't on your side-you were starting to think that the heavens hated you, because you came face to face with the whole BTS gang near the entrance of the school. Pretending that they were invisible, as if nothing happened-you walked past them. But then you heard an annoyingly familiar voice call you. 

You rolled your eyes and hesitantly looked back. The whole of BTS was coming your way. You felt impending doom.

"Sup. You're Ji Yoon, right?" The tallest one asked.

"Yes. And who are you?" You tried asking as politely as possible, feigning ignorance. *Remember, Ji Yoon, kind and nice image.* A self note to yourself.

He acted hurt, and gasped, "How can you not know us? I'm hurt. We're BTS, ring any bell?"

"And who are you?" You repeated your question again. You really didn't know his name. *Give me a break i've only been here for 2 days!*

"Rapmonster. Feel obliged to call me Kim Nam Joon. Only close friends can call me that." He smiled at you. You felt uneasy.

"But i'm not a friend though." You replied, monotone. *Smooth, Ji Yoon! Keep up the great work!*

"Cut the crap, Park Ji Yoon, miss genius." Taehyung suddenly said.

You gasped sarcastically. "Did you just use the C word?!" You made sure that you sounded like an innocent goody two shoes. You smirked inwardly at the dumbfounded faces. 

"Ehhh..." The shortest one rubbed the back of his neck, "You really don't know us?"

"OF COURSE SHE DOES! SHE'S JUST ACTING UP!" Taehyung fumed. But it was true! You didn't know any of their names, except for taehyung's since you two were in the same class. But other than knowing their group name, and that they were wannabes that she needed to steer off this wrong path, she knew nothing.

"Erm....I really don't..?" You smiled awkwardly. "I just tranferred here yesterday, so i don't know a lot of people..."

"Oh~" The whole gang except for taehyung answered.

Taehyung was obviously about to blow his top off. You were chuckling inwardly. 

"Well, i'm Rapmonster, the leader of BTS." The tallest one who spoke to you before said, extending out his hand. You shook it and smiled. *Keep up with this act, you're doing great, Ji Yoon!* You mentally reminded yourself. Everyone else but Taehyung followed after their leader's example and introduced themselves to you.

They had pretty weird street names, but they told you that you could call them by their real names.

"So...Erm, if you guys don't have anything else to say-" Taehyung didn't allow you to finish your sentence. "what the hell were you doing yesterday?What are you? Who exactly are you and what do you want with us?"

You knew it! You thought you could get away but no. He just had to bombard you with those questions.

Your aura suddenly turned cold. They could feel it too. You had just enough of taehyung that brat and you couldn't hold back your rebellious being anymore.

"You don't need to know, Taehyung." You gave them a crooked, dark smile, "But i'm warning you guys. Stay away from this business." *AND THERE GOES MY IMAGE!* You mentally groaned.

"You have no right to say that! Who the hell do you think you are, messing with the best gang in the neighbourhood!!" Taehyung scowled.

"I have the right to not answer that question." You smirked darkly, before turning around and walking to class.

A few minutes after you sat down at your seat, you felt a presence beside you. You had completely forgotten that the brat was your classmate and desk buddy. "Screw it." You muttered under your breath, but he heard you. 

You stood up and headed towards Ahreum's table. She was too entranced by the book that she was reading to even notice you. "BOO!" You said, dipping your head in between her head and the book.

"AHHH!" She let out a small yelp, that got drowned and mixed into the class's noise. Everyone was chatting and fooling around, so they couldn't hear it. "You cared me, Ji Yoon ah!" She placed a hand on her chest dramatically.

"Good morning to you too." You chuckled, sitting on her desk. "What's that book that you were reading so intensely?"

"It's really cool! It's a romance novel! The female lead is so cool, she's a gangster, but nobody in her school knows. She wants to escape her life of being in the shadows but there's this guy who's the male lead who's also a gangster and he keeps getting in her way!" Ahreum giggled, "And guess what? In the end, they fall in love! It's wonderful, but i haven't read till the end yet!"

*De Ja vu* You thought to yourself. You shivered at the thought. "you're interested in these things? I'd never thought that you were the type to like action thriller romance gangster stuff."

"Hehehe, i am! I admire the female lead so much! she's a great fighter! I want to be able to defend myself like her too!" Ahreum sighed dreamily, "...But that's never going to happen."

When you heard what Ahreum said, you felt a sense of pride. "Why don't you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter