Chapter 9

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

            “Jongdae, darling. I noticed that you seem to be a little off. Is there something wrong?”

            Jongdae just snuggled closer into his mom’s hug. His encounter with Junmyeon earlier in the Emperor Café was like a huge hurricane. He kissed him and then he just left with those irritating parting words. And his damn heart just takes it all. He was supposed to hate Junmyeon. Because Junmyeon just disregards Jongdae’s feelings. He kissed him then he went back to that woman’s arms. He tried to chase Junmyeon to confront him. But Junmyeon just left. Because it takes a while for Jongdae to calm down so he wasn’t able to go after him.

            And now, he carries his dilemma to their house.

            “Mommy, something happened to me earlier.”

            “What is it?”

            “Someone kissed me.”

            “That Junmyeon guy?”

            Jongdae looked at his mom. “You know Junmyeon?”

            “He kissed you again? It seems like that guy is getting a lot from our baby.”

            “How did you know Junmyeon? And how did you know that he has kissed me before?” Then it struck him. “Heechul hyung and Ryeowook hyung said it to you!? Aish! Those two rascals!”

            “So, he kissed you again?”

            Jongdae told everything to his mother. “But to him, everything was worthless, Mom. Because everytime he kisses me, he’s always saying ‘it’s nothing.’”

            “Do you believe that it’s really nothing?”

            Jongdae leaned into his seat. “What could be his other reason to kiss me other than I really kiss well?”

            “What else do you think?”

            Jongdae looked at his mom. “He… he likes me?”

            “Son, who can resist you? You’re adorable and good-looking like me. Okay, so now tell me why things got messy.”

            Jongdae hesitated to talk. He’s really uncomfortable talking about his feelings. He hated revealing himself. Because people might see a flaw and reject him. But this was his mom. The person who is always by his side, supporting him, and the one who is ready to have a run-in with lawyers and policemen just to protect him, even if he was the one who did something wrong.

            If he exposed his feelings now, his mom would be the last person who will criticize him. He hugged her.

            “I love him, Mommy. Maybe it’s the reason why I let him kiss me even if his reason was ‘it was nothing’. It’s my first time to feel like this. To forget who I am and how I grew up to be tough just because he’s in front of me. I become weak if I start talking about him. I can’t be tough when I’m in front of him, Mommy. He’s the only one who made me realize that it is okay to be weak. Because he’s always beside me to protect me.”

            “That monkey is really lucky.”

            “His name’s Junmyeon, Mom.”

            “Okay. And then?”

            “He’s the first guy who made me take notice of others. Because I was used to only see myself and all the things that I find useful. The rest, I just discard them. But in Junmyeon, I can’t help myself but to look at him even if I’m not in his line of sight.”

            “He’s not looking at you and you’re not in his line of sight? Maybe he’s cross-eyed, son. We just have to understand him.”

            “Mommy, he’s perfectly fine. And he has the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen.” Jongdae filled his mind with Junmyeon’s smiling eyes, y lips and handsome face. “He’s the most handsome man I have ever known. And you know, Mom, he patiently took care of me when I had my toothache. Even if I punched and slapped him, he stayed at my side.”

            “Really? That sounds nice.”

            “Yes, Mommy. Now, can you blame me if I’ve fallen in love with him?”

            His mom just laughed. “You know, darling, you can’t be wrong when you are loving someone. That’s why you should not regret everything. Let me just ask this, have you told everything to him?”

            “No. I don’t want to, Mom.”

            “Why not?”

            “What if he rejects me?”        

            “What if he accepts you?”

            Jongdae thinks for a while. Mom’s right. There was fifty percent chance Junmyeon liked him as well. But on the other hand, there was also a fifty percent chance that Junmyeon doesn’t feel anything for him. Jongdae hides his face on his mom’s shoulder.

            “Mommy, what should I do? I don’t like this kind of feeling. It’s not nice.”

            “Then do something about it.”

            “I told that myself. But what should I do?”

            “Well, first things first. Let’s eat because I’m so hungry. I can hear my stomach complaining.”

            Jongdae was left in the couch when his mom stood up. Then she approached him and caressed his hair.

            “Let’s talk about this with your dad and hyungs.”

            “They might laugh at me, Mom.”

            “I’ll stab them with a fork if they dared to show even a tooth while you are talking. But I’m sure we don’t have to resort to that. I’m sure they will listen to you. Let’s go–”

            “Mommy!”

            Ever the eternal mama’s boys, his hyungs wrestled their mom with hugs and kisses. And Jongdae was greeted by their dad who is probably with his hyungs earlier.

            “It seems like something has changed in you, Jongdae.” His dad said. “You’re not your usual self.”

            “Just a little problem, Dad.”

            “About what?”

            “Matters of the heart.” His mom answered for him. His Heechul and Ryeowook hyung is at her either side, clinging like a koala. “Our baby is all grown up.”

            “You’re in love?” Like his hyungs, their father possessed the ability to make anyone around them get addicted to his smile. “But why are you sad?”

            Jongdae just threw a look to his hyungs. They are just looking at him, waiting for his answer.

            “Yes, I’m in love. His name is Junmyeon. Maybe you already know about him because hyungs probably told you about him.”

            “I haven’t heard anything about him.” His dad said before turning to his mom.

            “I really chose not to tell you, Changwoo, dear. Because I know that our sons are already grown up and because their genes came from us, they can solve all their own problems.”

            “We can actually do that, Mom.” His Ryeowook hyung said. “It’s just Chen-chen who complicates things.”

            “His problem is just simple, to be honest.” His Heechul hyung said. “All he needs to do is say it.”

            “It’s not that simple! You two don’t experience how to fall in love that’s why you are just seeing things like that!” His hyungs became silent. I knew it, these two never experience being in love. “You think this is just a child’s play? That you can just fool around everytime?”

            “Did something happen?”

            “Ryeowook, Heechul.” His dad looked at his hyungs. “Did you do something to your dongsaeng?”

            “Nothing, Dad.”

            “Boys.” If their dad’s tone is like that, he’s sure that he is really serious. And his brothers, who had so much respect for their dad, couldn’t deny.

            “Dad, we can’t meddle even if we want to help Jongdae.”

            “We’re just manipulators, not spokespersons.”

            “And what’s that supposed to mean?”

            “You’re asking the wrong person, Chen-chen. You should talk to Junmyeon, not us.”

            Jongdae is really confused with the flow of their conversation. His dad starts doing something. He talked to someone in a phone for a while then turned to his hyungs.

            “I heard that Junmyeon guy is a member of the Exo Riding Club in Incheon.” His dad said. “Prepare our chopper. Bring that guy here.”

            “Dad, what will Junmyeon do here?”

            “I’ll just talk to him.” His dad even raised a hand. “I swear.”

            Jongdae doubts his father’s acts. His mom just laughed.      

            “Changwoo dear, those movements are just suitable for me to do.” She kissed his hyungs cheeks. “Go ahead, bring that guy here. I also want to talk to him.”

            His hyungs are ready to go when Jongdae made a decision. “Hyung, wait! I’ll go with you.”

            “Why?”

            “I’ll just talk to Junmyeon.”

            “You’re going to confess?”

            “Of course not. ‘ll just talk to him.”

            “So you’re really going to confess.”

            “I said I–”

            His hyungs put their arms around his shoulders while they are making their way outside the house. “Whatever happens, we still wish you the best, Chen-chen.”

            “And you can thank us later, too.”

 

-----------------------------

Second to the last chapter! I apologize for the short chapter. But let me make up for this by showing you a preview to the Xiuhan story. :)

 

            When Luhan looked back at the day when he first met Kim Minseok, his crush, he doesn’t see anything romantic. That moment was embarrassing, so Luhan chose to forget about it.

            But he took back his words when he said to himself that he will just be contented with admiring guys like Minseok. Because even if it is a bit chaotic every time they meet, Luhan will never regret choosing those chaotic meetings over the most quiet and peaceful life.

            Because he discovered Minseok’s other side. His more lovable side…