Chapter 4

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

           Why did I kiss him? Jongdae is asking the same question for about a hundred times now while he’s leaning on the tiled wall of the bathroom and lathering his hair with shampoo. After the scene at the clubhouse earlier, he went to his Heechul hyung’s house where he chose to have a shower.

            Until now, it was still a big puzzle for him. Did he just let his hyung’s persuasion get him that’s why he kissed Junmyeon? But his brother didn’t order him to do it. He was fully aware of how his brothers manipulated the people around them. So, it’s impossible that it’s his brother’s fault that he did that hideous thing. So it’s his fault then? Because not even Junmyeon told him or asked him to kiss him.

            “I didn’t kiss him!” He said, and then he reached out for his bottle of shampoo. “Am I right? I didn’t kiss that guy. It’s just my imagination.” He shakes the bottle. “That’s right. Just agree with me.”

            With his conscience cleared, he enjoyed his shower more. But the memory of his kiss with Junmyeon is like an insect that keeps bugging him over and over again. Plus, the fact that Junmyeon doesn’t even had a reaction with what had happened. In the US, when you kissed someone, the two people will talk about it then they will continue their conversation in a cool and dark room. But why does Junmyeon didn’t talk about it? He doesn’t even follow him. Jongdae didn’t know why but there’s something piercing his heart.

            Why didn’t he follow me? Why didn’t he talk to me? Is my kiss nothing to him? When he gets tired of lathering shampoo to his hair, he stood under the shower. My kiss is something!

            It’s impossible that Junmyeon didn’t feel anything with his kiss. Hello! It’s his kiss. After he showered, he went out to his room. He was choosing for something to wear when his brother called out to him.

            “Chen-chen, are you still alive?” He doesn’t answer. “Don’t kill yourself. You still have a visitor to attend to.”

            “Visitor?”

            “Junmyeon is here.”

            “Junmyeon?” Jongdae didn’t know why but his heart suddenly beats wildly. For the first time, he bit his own tongue because he lost himself for a moment. “Ouch! Ouch!”

            “Chen-chen, your face won’t change. You still look like a dinosaur so get out of your room.”

            “Hyung!” He quickly opened the door to get back to his Heechul hyung but he saw Junmyeon’s handsome face. His heart started beating unusually fast.

            “I brought back your lunch.” Junmyeon said and raised the paper bag. “Your hyungs said you still haven’t had your lunch. I just took it from you to annoy you. I didn’t mean to make you starve.”

            “I’m…” Damn! Where is his annoying hyung when you need him? He was nowhere in sight. Jongdae cleared his throat. “I’m not hungry.”

            “If that’s the case, then I’ll just leave your food here. So that you can eat something when you get hungry.”

            Darn! What was with his heart? “No, thank you. Just bring it with you. I’m on a diet. Or you could just give it to my hyungs. Both of them have four stomachs and they can eat all of that.”

            “Are you sure? The restaurants are far from here and when you get hungry, it might take a while for the food to arrive if you ordered.” Junmyeon walked and placed the paper bag on the center table. “In any case, I’ll just leave I here, okay? Bye.”

            Bye? That’s it? Junmyeon didn’t say anything about their kiss that happened in the clubhouse. How could he ignore a thing like that?

            “Wait.” Jongdae stopped Junmyeon and went near him. “Where’s Heechul hyung? I heard his voice earlier.”

            “He just left. He doesn’t want to hear our conversation.”

            “Why? What did you tell him that we are suppose to talk about?”

            “Nothing. It’s about the food that’s why I came here. Anyway, I want to apologize for what I did earlier.”

            “E-earlier?” Wait, if there’s someone who should apologize, it should be him because he kissed Junmyeon.

            And wait, why should I apologize? I. Did not. Kiss him.

            “I just left you at the restaurant while I am the one that asked you to join me for lunch. Then I took your food away.”

            That’s it? Jongdae knew Junmyeon didn’t do anything wrong. But why is he waiting for Junmyeon to say about something else? And Jongdae noticed he is asking so many questions.

            “Yes.” Jongdae agreed. “It’s right that you apologize. It’s your entire fault.”

            Junmyeon just smiled at him. And it looks like Jongdae’s chest has been kicked by horses. He went near the paper bag and looked at the contents inside, so that he can just distract himself from what he is feeling right now.

            “It looks like these are all expired.” Jongdae said. “I’m not–”

            “Nah, I don’t think so.”

            Jongdae gasped because Junmyeon is behind him, looking inside the paper bag. His position placed him so close to Jongdae, his face was almost touching him. His stubborn heart starts beating wildly again. But he didn’t let Junmyeon notice that. No way! So Jongdae continued standing still.

            “This is expired.” He reiterated. He opened the bag. “Smell it.”

            “Yeah, I can smell it.”

            Jongdae noticed that Junmyeon was talking about something. He was sniffing him. There was this tingling feeling when he felt Junmyeon’s breath near his ear. Jongdae can’t take it, he took a step away from Junmyeon and faced him.

            “Let’s make this clear, shall we? Do you like me?”

            Junmyeon thinks for a while, and then he just smiled at him. And darn him! He was getting addicted to Junmyeon’s smile by the minute! And darn him again for noticing it!

            “As far as I know, you were the one that kissed me first.”

            “I… I’m…” Damn! I can’t believe he could put me into this kind of situation! And still act as if it was nothing to him. How dare him! “It was just your imagination. I didn’t kiss you.”

            “You kissed me.”

            “You have evidence? Any witness?”

            “There is.”

            “Who?”

            “Me.”

            “You’re not counted.” Jongdae picked up the paper bag. “Okay, fine. I did kiss you. So what? It’s nothing. I just did that to distract you and get the paper bag from you.”

            “I wasn’t distracted. And you didn’t get the paper bag from me.” Junmyeon reached out a hand to Jongdae and gently pinched his cheeks. “You’re so tensed, Jongdae. If I were you, I’ll just forget that small kiss. It’s nothing for me, anyway. I’m used to those kinds of things.”

            Jongdae gawked at him. Somehow, Junmyeon’s words seemed to have cleared his head, though his heart didn’t stop beating crazily.

            “My dates kiss me all the time, for no particular reason. I don’t mind. If you want to do the same, go ahead, I won’t mind at all.”

            “I’ll just pretend I didn’t hear that. Because I know that you are crazier than me.”

            “Hmm. What now? I like someone who’s crazier than me.”

            “And your point is?”

            “This.”

            Junmyeon trapped Jongdae’s face with his hands and kissed him on the lips. Jongdae wasn’t expecting that so he wasn’t able to react. But why is he not reacting if they are kissing for a while now? Is it because he likes the way Junmyeon’s warm and soft lips is kissing him? Or the way he gently kisses him?

            Jongdae! Wake up! The guy is… kissing you! Being surprised is an understatement. A guy was kissing him without his permission! This guy! But before he could detach himself from Junmyeon, he detach from him first. Junmyeon finished their kiss.

            No! That wasn’t our kiss! He was the one who–ah, what the heck!

            “Now we’re even, Jongdae.”

            “What?”

            “Hmm.” That’s it then Junmyeon turned away from Jongdae.

            He headed for the door and Jongdae was left dumbfounded. What did just happen? Or was there anything that happened? Because of the fast turn of events, Jongdae wasn’t sure if what he thinks what happened really happens. Jongdae touched his lips. But it seemed so real.

            “How’s your converstion with Chen-chen?”

            “Who’s Chen-chen?”

            “Heechul hyung’s talking about our brother.”

            Jongdae’s attention was turned to the door. His two hyungs are there.

            “It’s fine.”

            “We don’t see any bruises and scratches. I think your conversation went just fine.” his Ryeowook hyung looked at him. “Chen-chen, just go to your room, okay? Don’t go out until you’re dressed.”

            Junmyeon and his Heechul hyung looked at him. But Jongdae’s attention was with Junmyeon. Why can’t Jongdae move now while earlier, he was so smug? Is is that easy to shut him up? Just kiss him and its fine? It’s so cheap! Jongdae approached his hyungs.

            “Chen-chen, didn’t I tell you to get dressed first? You went–”

            “He kissed me.”

            “What?” His brothers asked in unison.

            “He kissed me.” He pointed at Junmyeon. “Earlier. While you two are out.”

            Jongdae waited for his hyung’s punches to Junmyeon. But their gazes just remained on them and his hyungs both grinned.

            “Awesome!”

            “Let’s call up Mom.”

 

-----------------------------

 

            Jongdae’s jaw is starting to hurt because of smiling at the people they come across with. He doesn’t know what their problems are but since he’s not rude, he’s returning their smiles. When he arrived at the open-air restaurant, he learns why he’s suddenly famous.

            “You must be Kim Jongdae.”

            Two people are looking at him from the table near him. “Yes?”

            “You really kissed Junmyeon? Then why is he with another woman?”

            “Huh?”

            “Chanyeol, sweety, just don’t mind other’s business, okay?”

            “But Kris…” Chanyeol wasn’t able to continue his words when Kris kissed Chanyeol’s cheek.

            “By the way, my name is Kris. And this is my husband, Chanyeol.”

            Jongdae wasn’t into mushy stuff. But he liked looking at the couple in front of him. It’s like… it’s like he wants to be envious.

            “So why are you not with Junmyeon?” Chanyeol asked. “Did you two fight? Lovers’ quarrel?”

            “Lovers’ quarrel?”

            “Yeah, and I want to ask how you manage to tame another playboy of Exo Riding Club?”

            “Chanyeol, honey…” Kris looked apologetically at Jongdae.

            “No, it’s okay.” Jongdae assured. “Wait, playboy? I was kissed by a playboy?” He remembered what Junmyeon said to him the other day.

            “My dates kiss me all the time, for no particular reason. I don’t mind. If you want to do the same, go ahead, I won’t mind at all.” So that’s why his kiss was nothing for him. Because that monkey is a playboy and he doesn’t care about how many people did he kissed.

            “Who spread that rumor? I just didn’t kiss him. He kissed me too.” Chanyeol gawked at him while Kris smiled at him. “And he kissed me in front of my brothers.”

            “Ah. If that’s the case, what your brothers said was true.”

            “My brothers?”

            “We knew about Junmyeon and you because of them.” Kris answered. “If I’m not mistaken, they really intended to spread the rumor.”

            Jongdae just occurred to him why his brothers didn’t do anything when he told them Junmyeon had kissed him. Because he just made a huge mistake. He told him his purpose of going back home. That he will find someone for them to marry. Now, the situation has changed. It seems like his brothers are finding him someone to marry. So they could get rid of him.

            But why does his brothers chose Junmyeon over the other nice guys from the club? Or, his brothers just asked Junmyeon to annoy him. And the worse thing could be, Junmyeon just kissed him because his brothers asked him to.

            Why? Junmyeon won’t kiss him unless his brothers ask him?

            Jongdae’s become more irritated when he saw Junmyeon entered with two women. Junmyeon glanced at him and smiled as a greeting. That’s it then they sat at the table near theirs. His mood is not good.

            “Is that his girlfriends?” Jongdae asked.

            “No.” Kris answered. “They are just guest here. There is a seminar at the Exo Guesthouse, one of the hotels here at the riding club. Advertising seminar to be exact. They belong to that group.”

            “Really?” Jongdae excused himself from her own group and went to Junmyeon’s table. He stood in front of them. Junmyeon’s smile still hasn’t left his lips when he turned to Jongdae.

            “Yes?” One of the women asked, clearly annoyed by his presence. “Do you need something?”

            Jongdae wants to pour the water in the vase to her. “Yeah. I want my guy.”

            “What guy?” The other woman asked.

            Jongdae pointed to Junmyeon that’s watching them. “That guy.”

            “Is that so? Junmyeon told us he’s not into a relationship at the moment.”

            “When did you ask him? The day before yesterday? Well, his status has changed yesterday.”

            The two women were taken aback a bit. But they immediately recovered. “You mean, you were the one that’s been rumored that was twice kissed by Junmyeon?”

            “Yeah.” Why does Jongdae waste his time talking to these kinds of people? He’s on his way back to their table when the woman talked.

            “You were just kissed by Junmyeon twice? What’s the big deal? I can kiss him more than twice.”

            ! “And who told you that it’s just a kiss that happened to us?”

 

-----------------------------

And Jongdae's sassiness saga continues. Lmao. Please please please leave a comment, subscribe or upvote. That would really mean so much to me. Thank you so much! :)