Chapter 1

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

            Jongdae feels like he’s the king of the world while walking towards the wide hallway of Kim Builders, one their family’s architecture firm. All of their employees are looking at him like he’s some sort of a runway model.

            He’s been in the US for five years now because he took his master’s degree in architecture and he’s also working there. And he missed his brothers so much.

            Jongdae smiled when he remembered his brothers. Heechul and Ryeowook.

            He didn’t bother to knock at his brothers’ office door. He barged in and he saw Heechul arguing with a woman.

            “Heechul don’t do this, don’t make me hate you.”

            “I don’t want to hurt you. But–”

            “Hyung! Your girlfriend called me. She said she wants to meet you.” Jongdae turned to the woman. “Hi! Are you Heechul hyung’s girlfriend?”

            “I hate you, Heechul!” The woman shrieked and walked away.

            “Oh, she got mad!” Jongdae said. “It was just a joke, anyway.”

            “What are you doing here, Chen-chen?”

            Jongdae shook his head. Until now, his brothers love calling him by his nickname when they were still kids. But he doesn’t mind at all. He thinks of it as their endearment to him.

            “Why are you here in Korea?”

            “I gave Uncle Sam a break. You won’t follow your girlfriend?”

            “She’s not my girlfriend anymore, thanks to you.” But he smiled at him anyway. “Welcome home, bro.”

           

-----------------------------

 

            “How are Mommy and Daddy? Are they still not yet done touring around the world?”

            “I think so. We’re rich so our parents are just touring around the world.” Jongdae sat on the visitor’s chair of his Heechul hyung’s office. “The last time I talked to them, they are in Vienna. I told them to not forget bring home a Vienna sausage for us.”

            “Is that a joke?” Heechul’s face is priceless. “Did you get your corny jokes to the Americans? If that’s the case, then get out of my sight, Chen-chen.”

            “How about this? This is not corny.” Jongdae smoothened down his collar before he talked. “I’ll stay here in Korea for good. Because Mom said that you and Ryeowook hyung need to marry someone. She said that she and Dad want to have grandchildren. And for that to happen, I’m taking over this company.”

            Heechul was not rattled a bit. “Really.” He handed Jongdae a paper. “Fax this.”

            “Ah, no, hyung. I only deal with blueprints, pencils and anything that concerns me.”

            “I thought so.”

            The door opened and his other hyung entered. His eyebrows are furrowed. Jongdae smiled. “Hello, Ryeowook hyung.”

            “Who are you?”         

            Instead of answering him, Jongdae just stood up and hugged his hyung. “It’s good to see you again, Ryeowook hyung. I missed you so much!”

            Ryeowook sat at the edge of the table. “What are you doing here in Korea?”

            “He’s taking over our company.” Heechul answered. “So that we can get marry and give Mommy her grandchildren.”

            “Really.” Ryeowook took the same paper that Heechul gave to him before. “Fax this.”

            Jongdae just smiled instead of answering back. He knew that they were just teasing him because they knew that he didn’t like any office machineries. So obviously, none of them are taking his threats seriously. Oh, well. He went near his hyungs and slung his arms around their shoulder.

            “Buy me some food. I’m hungry.”

            “You went back home just to ask us buy you food?”

            “There’s no one that’s been buying you food in the US?” His hyungs just looked at each other and they both answered. “You have a huge appetite.”

            “Okay! Let’s go!”

            His arms are still around his brothers when they walked towards the elevator. This was what he liked about his brothers. They are always agreeing on what he likes, whether it’s good or bad. Especially in his mischief.

            “Do you not have any plans on settling down, Heechul hyung? You’re how old now? Forty?”

            “Thirty-one.”

            “So I rounded up. Nevertheless, you’re old. You should settle down, hyung, instead of making women cry.”

            “I’m still enjoying being a bachelor.” They already entered the elevator. “Don’t meddle with me or I’ll kick you back to mom’s womb.”

            “All the way from Vienna.” His Ryeowook hyung said and laughed.

            “What will I do here in Korea? Mom will be mad if I didn’t get to do her orders.”

            “Just mind your own love life, will you?”

            “Yeah right. Me and my nonexistent love life.”

            His hyungs became silent. For about three seconds.

            “Chen-chen, you want to come with us to the Exo Riding Club?” Ryeowook said.

            “There’s so many beasts there.” Heechul said.

            “Ah.” He said nonchalantly.

            “Beastly handsome guys.” His Heechul hyung smirked.

            “Aaahhh.” Jongdae’s eyes shone with interest. “Now, you’re talking.”

 

-----------------------------

 

            “Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?”

            The man that he called turned to him. He was confused for a moment but eventually, recognition was evident in his eyes. “Kim Jongdae?”

            “It’s me!” Baekhyun was his high school buddy. “You look so good! How many boyfriends did you have?”

            “Five hundred.” Both of them chuckled. “How are you? I haven’t seen you in a while.”

            “I just came back from the US.” He said. “How about you what are you doing here?”

            “I’m here with my cousin.” Baekhyun said. “He brings me here to search for my destiny.”

            Jongdae chuckled.  “And who’s that lucky man?”

            “It’s a secret.” Baekhyun stood up. “I need to go, Jongdae. It was nice seeing you again.”

            “Yeah, me too.”

            “So, I’ll just see you around?”

            “Okay.” And Baekhyun left.

            “Let’s go, Chen-chen.” Ryeowook said.

            “Come on, hyung. Could you please refrain on calling me that?”

            “Why Chen-chen?” His Heechul hyung asked.

            He glared at his hyung.

            “Looks like there’s something going on.” Heechul said.

            “I guess you’re right.” Ryeowook said.

            “It looks like there’s so many things going on in this club, hyung. I want to join.” Jongdae smiled at his hyungs.

            His brothers gave him a blow-by-blow account of the things that had been happening inside the exclusive club, emphasizing the chaotic romance of the club members and their lovers.

            “Kyungsoo and Kai is in the messiest situation as of this moment.” Ryeowook said.

            “You can start with them if you want to mess up a life.” Heechul smirked.

 

-----------------------------

Hello I'm baaaack! So here's the first chapter of Catch Me I'm Falling For You. I apologize for the short chapter. I'll make sure that the next chapters will be long. Thank you so much! Don't forget to upvote, subscribe and comment! ❤️❤️❤️