Chapter 2

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

            Jongdae has his eyebrows furrowed while they are walking towards the clubhouse lobby of the grand Exo Riding Club. Since they came there, all of the guests are looking at him.

            “It looks like they are not happy to see me.” Jongdae said.

            “Even I would have the same reaction.” Heechul said. Jongdae pinched his side.

            “Maybe they are just wondering why we have our pet cat trailing beside us.” His Ryeowook hyung gasped when he also pinched him.     

            Jongdae’s eyebrow rises whenever they came across a club member. He’s also looking at other direction because of the interesting things that he is seeing. Or rather, interesting people.

            “Why are there so many handsome here?”

            “Because we showered them with our handsomeness.”

            Jongdae ignored his brother’s lame joke. “All of the club members are handsome?”

            “No. We’re the only one that’s handsome.”

            Instead of listening to his hyungs, he just busied himself watching the handsome guys. Everywhere he looked, he is always seeing a uniformed club member. His hyungs also told him who are the members and who are just the gueats.

            Jongdae pulled his brothers to a café bar that they came across.

            “I thought your giant worms in your stomach are hungry?” His Heechul hyung asked. “Why did you bring us here?”

            “I want to have a coffee, hyung.”

            “Hyung.” His Ryeowook hyung said. “Look who’s with Junmyeon.”

            He got curious on whose Ryeowook is talking about. He saw a man with a very sad expression on his handsome face and another man with smiling eyes at the table inside the café.

            “I wonder what Kyungsoo is doing here. Kai is still disabled right now, right?”

            “Kyungsoo?” Jongdae piped in. He remembered what his hyungs told him a while ago about the messy love life of the members of this club. “And that’s Jongin? He’s handsome.”      

            “That’s Junmyeon.” Ryeowook corrected. “He’s the man that Kai is really jealous with.”

            “All right! Let’s go.”

            While they are on their way towards the table, Jongdae can’t keep his eyes off the guy that Kyungsoo is talking to. Especially when they are just a few meters away from them. The guy’s handsomeness is really emphasized with the riding club’s uniform that he is wearing. He looked like some sort of a feudal lord or something. There are also other members that are as handsome as that guy. Or maybe more handsome. But there was just something in him that made him stand out. Maybe because he reminded him of his brothers.

            I don’t think so. But there’s really something different about him. Period.

            “Problem?” Heechul asked.

            He looked at Junmyeon’s face when Kyungsoo glanced at them. Hmm, yeah. He is handsome all right. And those smiling eyes, really cute.

            “That man’s one hell of a pain in everyone’s here.”

            Jongdae easily understood the problem of Kyungsoo and Kai so he intervened. Because he doesn’t like how Junmyeon is frowning. It doesn’t suit him. Although, that doesn’t lessen his fascination to him. Still, Jongdae didn’t want to see Junmyeon having problems. Weird.

            “Is that a problem?” He said. “Just make him confess. That’s so easy.”

            Jongdae wanted to smile when Junmyeon looked at him. “It’s not that easy.”

            “You know,” He to Junmyeon, speaking with his most gentle voice. “When someone falls in love, it’s so easy to make them jealous. Just get someone that can be his rival, let’s see if he will not suddenly confess.”

            “I hate to admit this.”His Heechul hyung said. “But I think Jongdae’s right.”

            “Of course I am.”

            “Jongdae?” Junmyeon asked.

            “Our brother.” Ryeowook said.

            “That’s me.”

            “Ryeowook, I think we still need to do something.”

            “You’re right, Heechul. Let’s go.”

            “Wait, let me call the others.”

            “Hyung, were are you going?”

            “Somewhere.” His Ryeowook hyung is pulling him away because his Heechul hyung is talking to someone in the phone.

            Jongdae wanted to stay. But, he will look like an idiot in front of other people, especially Junmyeon that has been looking at him. Maybe he realized his moves to make Junmyeon notice him.

            “Let me go with you, then.” But Jongdae stopped in his tracks when he saw the newcomers at that café bar. His day couldn’t get any better as he watched the men walk past him and go straight towards Kyungsoo and Junmyeon’s table.

            Well, will you look at that. These handsome men are gathered here, right now. And I want to be surrounded by them. He just looked at them while they are busy discussing Kai and Kyungsoo’s problem. Even his brothers were in the crowd, who called all of these guys to come here.

            “Kai loves you too.” Junmyeon remarked. “You know why? Because you’re the only one that he refused to be with.”

            “Should I be happy for that?”

            “Yes.” Taemin piped in. “It means he treasures you. Because in case he accepted your love, I’m sure you’ll be like the persons who just passed through his life.”

            “We know Kai.” His Heechul hyung said. “He’s degrading himself because of his history with his lovers. He believes that he doesn’t deserve to love someone or to be loved by someone.”

            “And who the hell is he to say that?”

            “Maybe he just doesn’t want to hurt you because he loves you. So he thinks it’s better to push you away before he hurts you.”

            While Jongdae is listening to their discussion, he can’t help but to get dizzy because of the real intention of their discussion. But he noticed that Junmyeon keeps looking at his direction even if he is behind these tall guys in front of him. And everytime he does that, he wants to glare at Junmyeon. But he really loved his smiling eyes. So he opted to like him instead.

            Kyungsoo cried again. “He’s an idiot!”

            “Ah, excuse me. Can I just say something?” He said. He can’t really take it when an angel like Kyungsoo is crying. “What do you want to do? Who do you want to help?”

            “Kyungsoo…” The guys all answered in unison.

            “So why are you defending that monster who made this man cry?”

            “We were just explaining to him Kai’s side.”

            “I’m right. You are defending that monster. My goodness, make up your minds, boys. If you want to help Kyungsoo, you need to make your move already. Now, if you’re on Mai–”

            “Kai.” Junmyeon corrected him.

            “Kai. Sorry. If you’re on Kai’s side, then you’re all useless.” Jongdae come close to him. “Guys like us should be treasured and not be given headaches, right?” Junmyeon nodded.“So whoever that Kai is, he’s crazy. He made this handsome guy cry? Can all of you allow someone as handsome as us cry?”

            “Don’t go, Kyungsoo.”

            He looked at the newcomer. A guy with a visible bandage on his head with drawings and letters was looking straight at Kyungsoo.

            “And you are…?” Jongdae asked.

            “Kim Jongin.” Kai answered. “The only man in Kyungsoo’s life.”

            “You’re Kai?” He faced Kai, while the other guys are jus looking at them. “You know, you’re so stupid. There’s someone that really loves you. Here. He’s handsome like me, he’s nice like me, and he’ll go to any length just to have you. He even planned on asking these gorgeous guys to help him get you. It’s not really my style but I think it’s the greatest thing a man would ever do for his love. Where can you find that kind of man? You’re handsome yet you’re stupid. Why are you making him suffer like that? While it’s obvious that you love him, based on what these handsome guys have been saying. So, if I were you, I’d stop being a jerk and start sweeping him off his feet.” He reached out for Kyungsoo’s cup of coffee and drank it. “Whew! It’s so difficult to give lesson to kids.”

            “You’re good.” Junmyeon said to him. “Can I invite you to dinner?”

            “How about lunch? I’m hungry.”

            “Sure.”

            They walked out of the café together. Jongdae doesn’t know how he easily come along with Junmyeon when he is the type of person who doesn’t easily trust a person that he doesn’t really know. He looked at Junmyeon as they walked side by side. Junmyeon noticed it so he looked at Jongdae. And when junmyeon smiled at him, he knew he could trust him. He didn’t know how or why, he just knew he could.

            Junmyeon stopped walking. “We’re not yet formally introduced to each other.”

            “Huh?”

            “I’m Kim Junmyeon.” Junmyeon extended his hand in front of him.          

            What a gentleman. He accepted Junmyeon’s hand. “Kim Jongdae.”

            “Nice to meet you, Jongdae.” Junmyeon smiled at him.

            “Hmm.” Jongdae noticed their hands were still clasped. “You like my hand?”

            “Huh?” Junmyeon looked at their hands and he lot go of his hand. “Sorry.”

            “It’s okay. I really have that effect on people who just met me.”

            “What is it?”

            “Shocked.”

            “Shocked?”

            “They can’t believe they met someone as handsome as me.”

            Junmyeon grinned. “You’re right.”

            Jongdae can’t help but smile. “You really like flattering someone, right? How many did you seduce with those sweet words of yours?”

            “I’m not seducing someone. When I like someone, I always tell the truth.”

            “And what does that mean?” He felt a fluttering feeling inside his chest. “That you like me?”      

            He almost choked with what he heard. Junmyeon liked him! His heart starts beating wildly. He’s used with the notorious guys in the US. But it’s the first time that he met someone and he doesn’t know how to react to his confession.

            Junmyeon touched his arm. A friendly touch. Friendly?

            “You’re smart and funny. You’re easy to be with and I like that.”  

            “And so?”

            “I’d like to be your friend. If it’s okay with you.”

            “No.”

 

-----------------------------

Hi! So here's the second chapter. Thank you so much for the comments, upvote and subscriptions. Thank you very much! :)