Chapter 5

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

            “Hello.”

            Jongdae just looked at Junmyeon who was standing at their front porch. Then he continued munching on his Toblerone bar while sitting on a couch at the front porch.

            “Mind if I join you?” Junmyeon asked.

            Jongdae nodded. Junmyon sat beside him.

            “What are you doing here? You don’t have a date today?” 

            “Well, since you’ve declared yesterday that I was exclusively yours, there’s no reason for me to date others.”

            “So now, you are bothering me?” Jongdae took a big bite of his chocolate and munched on it. “You know the reason why I messed up your life yesterday?”

            “You got jealous.”

            “Ha!” Jongdae laughed exaggeratedly. He almost chocked because of what he did. “You know, that wasn’t funny.”

            “I know. It’s difficult to not having someone to date when you really want to date someone.”

            Jongdae looked at Junmyeon. “Are you blaming me why you don’t have a date?”

            “Well, a bit.”

            “A bit?” Jongdae wants to throw his chocolates at Junmyeon.

            Junmyeon turned to him and smiled. But he wasn’t expecting what Junmyeon did next. He placed his face near Jongdae’s.

            “I’m your guy now, Jongdae. If they saw me having a date that s not you, they will ask you questions. Just like what Kris and Chanyeol did to you yesterday. You ran out of alibis and you looked like a fool in front of them because of me. I don’t want that. I admit I’m a bit of a player. But I won’t allow that I will e the cause of your discomfort.”

            In Junmyeon’s every words, Jongdae also distances himself from Junmyeon because their situation feels awkward. And the loud beating of his heart added to the awkward situation. His heart is beating louder, wilder.

            What is this guy doing to him?

            “I’m not–” Jongdae stilled when Junmyeon’s thumb touches the side of his lips.

            “You have chocolate smudges here…” Then he the tip of his thumb. “Hmm. Sweet. You’re not going to have cavities in that, Jongdae?”

            Jongdae ransacked his mind on what he should say for Junmyeon to get away with him. But his heart was getting in the way. He can’t think. His heart is loudly beating and his mind also went haywire. For the first time in his life, he backed out. He distances himself from Junmyeon.

            “G-go away, Junmyeon! Youk arek disturbing mek.” Jongdae paused for a second, then he turned to Junmyeon. “If you laugh, I’ll punch you!”

            Junmyeon just looked at him, move away and he laughed loudly. Jongdae wants to punch Junmyeon right there and then. He embarrassed himself for panicking, and yet he still laughs at him. But after watching Junmyeon and listening to his lively laugh, his annoyance is slowly dissolving. So instead of taking his laugh as an insult, it’s like a lullaby. What happened is, Jongdae just watched Junmyeon until the latter’s stomach hurts from too much laughing.

            Junmyeon was wiping tears from his eyes when he finally calmed down. His cheeks are still red from laughing when he turned to Jongdae. Laughter was still visible in his eyes, though.

            “Sorry.” Junmyeon loudly cleared his throat. The two of them was quiet for a while. “The weather is nice. Too bad, you’re just here in your house.” Junmyeon extended his hand to him. “Let’s take a walk, Jongdae.”

            It was really the right time to think straight, to tell him to drop dead and rot in hell. But instead of doing what his mind is telling him, he just reached for Junmyeon’s hand. The moment their hands touched, Jongdae felt something that resembled a light volt of electricity. He just looked at Junmyeon from where he is sitting at the couch. Jongdae blinked once. Twice. But he still can’t get a proper explanation to what he feels right now.

            Ah, what the hell! He just stood up and they went outside holding each other’s hands. They walked into an unfamiliar place. They arrived at a high place that is surrounded by trees and the view of the beautiful Yellow Sea can be seen below. Jongdae doesn’t even have an idea how they end up there because he was busy munching on his chocolate and looking at their hands.

            “This is what I like about this place.” Junmyeon said. “You can appreciate the beauty of the scenery without anyone disturbing you. And it’s walking distance from your home. Do you know that the view is more beautiful when you are horseback riding? Especially in the late afternoon. You could see the water in the sea, shining like crystals with the fading light of the sun.”

            Why is it that everything’s normal when they are holding each other’s hand like that? While they are always bickering. Or maybe Jongdae always argues with Junmyeon because he his kisses were nothing to Junmyeon. Jongdae just took a big bite from his chocolate to ignore the dull feeling in his chest. He immediately felt a pain from his mouth that creeps to his head.

            “I’ve been looking for a place like this.” Junmyeon continued. “Private, great view, nice house, complex facilities and amenities, a place one could relax after a hectic day of work. Also, it reminds me of the house I grow up with back in Seoul. Minus Yellow Sea, of course.”

            Jongdae touched his cheek and pressed onto it to relieve the pain that he is feeling. He also stopped himself from whimpering. But he can’t really help it because of the pain. Jongdae whimpered.

            “I agree with Siwon when he turned this place exclusively for men. Finally, a place we, men, could call our own. Even if he allowed women in here, still, the club members are the one who decides on–Jongdae? What’s wrong??

            Jongdae shook his head. “Let’s go back. My feet hurt.”

            “You’re holding your cheek.”

            “What do you care?” Jongdae growled at Junmyeon. He lets go of Junmyeoon’s hand then he decided to go back. But the problem is, he doesn’t know the way back.

            And when the pain flicked again, he unconsciously slapped Junmyeon’s chest. When Junmyeon gasped, he whimpered.

            “It hurts…”

            “Jongdae, why? What’s happening to you? What hurts?”

            “Nothing!” Jongdae snarled. “Nothing hurts! Where’s the way back? Why did you bring me here? Are you planning anything–” Jongdae decided to turn his attention somewhere so that he won’t embarrass himself in front of Junmyeon. But the pain kept on growing and there was no way he could handle it anymore. In the end, his anger was projected towards Junmyeon as he keeps on pinching and slapping his chest while pressing on his cheek. And despite all of that, Jongdae doesn’t hear anything from Junmyeon. And all the while, Junmyeon was comforting Jongdae with his gentle touch.

            “You’re having a toothache?”

            “No!” Don’t make me fall in love with you, you moron! “I’m having a heart attack!”

 

-----------------------------

 

            Jongdae doesn’t know what position he should do while lying on his bed and how long should he pinch his cheeks to get rid of the pain that he feels on his tooth. Since Junmyeon brought him back to his Ryeowook hyung’s house, he doesn’t stop from crying in his room. He’s brave and bold, but when it comes to toothache, he easily surrenders. Even both of his hyungs who are just looking at him and Junmyeon beside him, wasn’t able to do anything.

            “It’s been a long time since I saw Chen-chen cry.” His Ryeowook hyung said. “The last time he cried when he was in high school.”

            “He ran towards his school bus to catch up with his classmates.” His Heechul hyung continued. “Then he tripped and fell to the ground. Such a stupid kid.”

            Jongdae looked at his brothers and glared at them. He wanted to shout at them to get ou of his room. But he can’t do it because of the pain in his tooth.

            “We should bring him to the dentist.” Junmyeon suggested. “We can’t let him go on like this.”

            “He won’t go with you. If he’s not feeling well, his decision-making .” Ryeowook said.

            “But he’d been crying for almost an hour now.” Junmyeon said.

            “Just let him. The medicine that he took will take effect anytime now.” Heechul said.

            Jongdae buried his face in his pillow again, and when the room became silent, he thought that they already left him. But he was surprised when he felt the bed dips and he heard Junmyeon’s voice.

            “Jongdae, I’ll bring you to the dentist, okay? So that they can take care of your tooth.”

            When Jongdae raised his head, he saw Junmyeon’s worried expression. He almost forgot about his tootache with Junmyeon’s face only a few inches away from his. His heart beats erratically. But why is that it was like a new habit for his heart to beat wildly every time Junmyeon is with him? What does Junmyeon have and his heart reacts like that? It seemed like… he liked him. More than liked him.

            It seems like there’s something flickered in his head when he felt the pain on his tooth. He grabbed for the monkey stuffed toy that is beside him and smacked it against Junmyeon’s face. Maybe his feelings got mixed up. From the annoyance because of the pain on his tooth to the weird feeling from his wildly beating heart. How could Junmyeon make him feel this way? Why him? Why now? When did all these start?

            “Jongdae, stop that.” His Heechul hyung scolded him. He called him by his real name. It seems like Jongdae had gone overboard. “Junmyeon cares about you so you better be grateful.”

            “Junmyeon is the only one who puts up with you. Don’t wait for him to give up on  you.”

            But he didn’t stop from smacking Junmyeon with the stuff toy. He wanted Junmyeon to give up on him. So that he leaves him alone. So that his weird feelings for him will go away too. But Junmyeon remained beside him and continued taking his slaps.

            ‘I will bring you to the dentist, Jongdae.” Jongdae smacked him but Junmyeon just closed his eyes and doesn’t left him. “The dentist will not touch your teeth, I promise. Just let him do an examination so we’ll know what to do to minimize, if not, stop the pain.”

            Jongdae just responded with a smack on Junmyeon’s face.

            “Junmyeon, just leave him alone.”     

            “You can’t do anything. He’s really like that.”

            That’s right! Go away from me! Stop making me feel all this! Jongdae got tired and Junmyeon still stays beside him. His brothers also gave up on them.

            His Heechul hyung sighed. “Okay, I give up. Ryeowook, do you have any food on your kitchen?”

            “Nothing, hyung. Let’s just eat at Rider’s Verandah. I’m sick of the people here.”

            His brothers left. Jondae and Junmyeon are staring at each other and they were the only people in Ryeowook’s house. They are having a staring contest on who will be the one to give up first. Junmyeon’s face was a bit red from smacking his face with a stuff toy earlier. But Jongdae didn’t hear any complaints from him. Then Junmyeon moved to pick a tissue paper from his tissue box and gently dabbed it on Jongdae’s cheeks to dry his tears.

            “You’re sweaty.” Junmyeon said and picked a tissue again to wipe his forehead. “Maybe you should change your shirt. Your sweat might dry in your back. That’s not good.”

            “W-why are you doing this, Junmyeon?”

            “Because I want you to get better.” Junmyeon sighed and looked at Jongdae. “Let’s see a dentist, Jongdae. I don’t want to see nor hear you cry.”

            Jongdae blinked. He forgot his pain for a moment. There was denying anymore. The crazy feeling that’s happening is his mind and heart is caused by one person. Junmyeon. Jongdae was falling in love with him.

            Jongdae hiccupped. He wants to cry again. But this time, it’s not because of the pain on his damn tooth. Because Junmyeon was looking superbly handsome, while Jongdae looked like a drenched witch of the North.

            “Don’t cry, Jongdae.” Now it was Junmyeon’s warm hand that was gently wiping away the tears from his eyes. “I promise you’ll feel better soon.”

            “Why are you not leaving yet?” Jongdae sobbed. “I looked ugly. I feel I looked like a tyrannosaurus.”

            “What?”

            Jongdae’s tears continued to flow. “I looked like a dinosaur!”

            It’s obvious that Junmyeon is confused with what he said. But after a while, he just smiled while gently caressing Jongdae’s cheek. “You don’t look like a tyrannosaurus. You looked like a pterodactyl.”

            Jongdae slapped Junmyeon’s shoulder. Junmyeon just laughed while he’s holding his arm. Jongdae didn’t know exactly why but Junmyeon’s lively laughter was doing wonders to his system already. He wasn’t a bit offended at all. Not when he saw beauty behind his ugliness.

            Now who could blame him if he had fallen for this guy?

            “Jongdae, let me take you to the dentist. Let’s just try what the dentist can do to solve your problem, okay?”  Jongdae nodded. “Good boy.”

            Junmyeon stood up then he assisted Jongdae to carefully stand up. They were standing face-to-face now as Junmyeon gently brush away Jongdae’s messy hair from his forehead.

            “You’re not a dinosaur.” Junmyeon said gently. “You’re handsome. And that will never change in my eyes.”

            Jongdae doesn’t like playboys and sweet talkers. But his heart cannot deny this particular playboy and sweet talker.

 

-----------------------------

Hi everyone! I apologize for not updating for over a week. I just have to do something important. And we're halfway to the story yay! I noticed that I made a mistake in posting the previous chapter as I labelled it as the 5th chapter. Mianhe~ And I just want to say that I will be updating for like once a week from now on because my school will start next week. I'm already in my senior year in college and I will be very busy. But don't worry. I will not abandon this story. Thank you so much for understanding. :)