[ ☆ ] Decision.

Sociopathic Detective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Every fairytale needs a good, old-fashioned  villian.”
                                                               — James Moriarty.

 

In all the years that Sehun has known Janie, he has always known her to be the most careful, and well-put woman there ever was. And usually, the man could read anyone like a book, but not his female neighbor. She was covered up like a shield, and that was something he loves about her. When she wanted to work on the cases she was assigned without him interferring with her work two weeks ago, she has been nothing but happy. Happy because she was able to crack her cases without a Consulting Detective like him.

But right now, at this absolute moment, Sehun felt like a wreck as if something had hit right through him. 

"What do you mean she's missing?" The man questioned calmly and collectively. His hands fidgeted in his pockets as he stood in front of Detective Kim. The shorter man looked almost completely wiped from the thought of his co-worker gone. "I phoned her, and she didn't answer. I checked her office, but she's not even there. I don't know what to do.That's why I came to you two for help." Jongin's slender figure leaned back upon mid-air as he stared blankly at the shorter Detective. His glance shifted to Sehun. A worried look plastered on the man's darker complexion.

Jongin has always looked at Janie as his sister; his best friend. They shared secrets that Sehun never understood how the two could have such a bright and vibrant relationship. 

After sharing a long glance, the two friends looked back to Detective Kim. "Have you checked her apartment complex?" Sehun questioned, his thumb pointing behind him as if her room was visibly behind him. The detective shook his head as Sehun sighed while turing his slender body, his shoes tapping as he walked towards the doorway. He stood in front of her door, just two doors down from his room, with his knuckles tapping against the door. "Miss. Hwang," Sehun called out with another tap, "it is Sehun, might I come in?"

His head tilted close to the door in attempts to capture any sounds from her room. Yet, there was no movements. His eyes trailed down to the doorknob as his eyes picked up little details. His hands raised to halt everyone behind him as his head lifted up to the look at the door, his left hand twisting the door knob with slow strides into his neighbor's apartment.

The whole PD arrived and offered a search of help for one of their best detectives on the job. Sehun looked around Janie's apartment, realizing how simple and chic the place was. He liked it since, of course it wasn't messy and filled with scientist stuff in her room. "Detective Hwang has really nice place," Sergerant Nam uttered, "alright everyone, let's get searching; however, do not misplace or move any of Detective Hwang's belongings!"

"Everyone stop moving! Don't breath, don't talk, and don't think!" His hands flew above his head as everyone froze in their spots. "What's he doing?" Sergerant Nam questioned. Jongin turned his head and whispered to the Sergeant, "When Sehun's picked up enough evidence, he shuts everything out to enter his mind palace." The Sergeant scoffed and shook her head with a roll to her eyes, "Are you really going to let this psychopath find Detective Hwang?" Sehun's head turned with a glare attached to him, "I'm not a psyhopath, I am a high-functioning sociopath and also known as the PD's consulting detective. Now shut up."

Turning back, the six foot tall man closed his eyes and entered his mind palace, his mind moving faster than the human world. Upon entering his world, he replayed the memory and details that he picked up upon entering Janie's room. Thinking that someone might have entered her home, he retraced the footsteps starting from the enterance door. Immediately after, his eyes popped opened. "Jongin," he breathed and pointed, "check that room." Jongin hestitantly followed Sehun's finger as he opened the door to Janie's bedroom. 

His foot became nailed to the floor as he stared mindlessly at the object in front of him. Fumbling to grasp the door, Jongin froze. "S-Sehun!" He called out to his friend as the Consulting Detective came running in with an exasperated look plastering his facial features. Sehun glanced around the room, his eyes dancing across the unit until it dropped at a certain area; in center of her room. The Consulting Detective stepped in further towards the white enevlope resting on her bed alongside a bloody box that stained the blanket. "Sehun, don't," Jongin hollered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter