[ ☆ ] Affection.

Sociopathic Detective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The strange thing was, he wanted to like everyone. He just couldn't find a way to do it.”
                                                                                                                                — David Guterson.

 

It's been nearly months since the incident that Janie was put through. The fear that woke her up every night despaired barely weeks ago—and now her body shivered with anger. She wanted to catch the son-of-a- that took her hostage. The blonde-brunette knew who her capturer was. She heard the voice way too clearly to be able to remember it—a female capturer. But she was useless, Janie had been put on leave for her protection since they declared her as a primary part of the case. 

She sat in her single seat sofa while holding a rubix cube in her hands, twisting the toy as she stared mindlessly out of space. The woman was going out of her mind, she was way too bored with nothing to do. All she does everyday is sit around her home and do nothing. Sometimes she reads, sometimes she watches television, but she really wanted to go back to work.. Frustrated, Janie groaned and threw the cube to the ground, curling herself into a ball within her single sofa. A pair of feet appeared behind the rubix cube, the masculine hands lifted it up into their hands. 

"No need to take your frustration out on the cube now, darling." A chuckle escaped the masculine voice as the figure moved in closer for Janie. She sighed with a smile and uncurled herself, standing to greet the taller figure. "Luhan," she muttered while reaching to wrap her arms around his neck. Since the incident that the two both experienced, Luhan has been coming to her from time to time just to check up on her. "How are you feeling today?" He questioned once he released her from his tight grip. 

The brunet stared at the person he called sister as she sighed and shook her head. "I'm bored, Luhan. I'm going mentally crazy! I need to be productive!" Janie exclaimed loudly as she flailed her arms and hands. Getting a grasp on her expression and insane movements, Luhan chuckled and shook his head. He knew how hard it was to be on lockdown for her. They practically experienced the same thing except he was composed and completely normal. 

"It takes time, Janie. You're the main course of the investigation, she took you and me. I don't matter as much, but you're a federal agent, and it's a big deal to the department, darling. Don't rush the need of your protection." 

Janie stared at the brother of her everlasting crush, Sehun. The man sat with his elbows propped to his knees, staring back at her. She smiled and exhaled through her nostrils. "You know," she breathed while leaning back in her seat, "you've always been better at words than Sehun." The man laughed at the fair statement and nodded allowing for Janie, herself, to release a fit laughter. "I get that a lot, but do understand that I don't have a loaded mind palace and high-functioning mind like him." He leaned in and squinted his eyes at her. The blonde-brunette returned the gesture and spoke, "I know, and that's exactly what I like about you, Mr. Charmer." 

A silly grin captured her lips as the two both let out a laughter that filled the air until they heard movement by her front door. Their faces when still, completely serious. Luhan stood up and held a hand up to Janie. He moved quitely towards the door before coming to a halt in front of it. The peep-hole was visible to the brunet as he stepped forward and stared, with one eye, into the peep-hole. He sighed and grasped his chest with relief. "Yah, Oh Sehun!" He shouted while swinging the door open. 

Janie's still figure jumped up from a finger resting by her lips with her elbow propped on the sofa's arm to completely standng up. She breathed in and ran over to the door, standing behind Luhan with her hands resting on his inner wrist.

[ ☆ Sehun ]

"You scared the living hell out of us! What do you think you're doing shuffling around outside her door?" His older, half, brother questioned with an exclaimed voice and expression. Sehun's eyes had been way too focused on the hands that Janie had rested on his brother's wrist. He stared mindlessly until he snapped himself back from his mindless thoughts. He looked up to meet her eyes, only to discover that her eyes were filled with fear and trauma. He then only realized that she still hasn't recovered from her abduction four months before. 

He breathed out breathlessly and gave a meek smile, "I just came by to inform Janie that the person who abducted the pair of you is now in custody, but if I was interrupting anything—I do apologize." He dipped his head down for a split second before turning towards his designated apartment room. "Wait, Sehun!" The sound of her voice rung his ears as footsteps followed. She grasped his forearm, halting him from his mid-journey. "Did you really catch her? Can I go see?" Her questions held a so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter