[ ☆ ] Confrontation.

Sociopathic Detective.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like to believe that love is, is a reciprocal thing that can't really be felt truly, but one.”
                                                                                                                                         — Sean Penn

[ Luhan ]

"You're not being serious, are you? He didn't even ask you on a date or nothing?" He questioned as Janie stared at her paperwork. It has been over three weeks since the news of their kidnapper was captured by Luhan's younger brother, Sehun. And here he was, sitting in front of his best friend, who recently went back to work ready to avenge herself and prove to their kidnapper that she was stronger than her.

"I'm serious," she replied, monotone. The tall brunet sat down in front of his friend as he stared blankly to her. His index finger pressed to his lips while his elbow propped up against the chair's arm. "and no, he didn't." Luhan sighed while shaking his head in disbelief, but what can he say? It was his own brother the two were talking about; the very smart one and very high-functioning. "Then I don't know what to say," he replied to Janie as his hands flailed softly.

"Ni!" The voice startled the man as his head turned slowly to the door. "Goodness, Jae," Janie spoke while flailing her arms with paperworks in them. The man chuckled, but only to be stared down by his best friend. "I'm sorry, my lovely sister." The female, whom looks younger, spoke with a pouty and a sort pouty voice while wrapping her arms around Jannie's neck and shoulder. Janie chuckled and patted the female's arm. "It's fine, but what are you doing here? I thought you were going to London for three weeks." 

Her head turned slightly to the female while blinking for a minute. "Oh, and Luhan, this is my one year younger sister Jaelyn. Jaelyn, Luhan." Sister? The man blinked while dazing out of space. He thought back to the two and a half years that Luhan has known Janie, but never once did he know that she had a sister. Jaelyn raised herself from Janie and smiled towards Luhan, but the man didn't notice much of Jaelyn's facial features as he stood up and extended his hand to her. "Pleasure to meet you, Luhan." She took his hand as she smild once more and gave him a firm shake. 

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Jael-" he looked up and immediately lost his voice. The female he was holding hands with, was by far, the most beautiful creature he has ever laid eyes on. Her brows raised slowly with a smile. 

From an inch or two away, Janie raised her eyebrows as well. A playful grin plastered on her lips as she watched the sight of the man choke up right in front her eyes. "Well," she spoke while standing up, "I'm going to go to work, and you two," she trailed off as she grabbed her purse and paperwork. "You two be accquainted." Janie patted her younger sister's arm and walked towards the door. 

"Oh yeah," Jaelyn exclaimed while turning to her sister, "is it okay if I stay here for a bit?" Janie turned her back with a smile, "Why wouldn't I be okay with it? But can I know a reason why?" The younger released her grasp from Luhan as he was still at a daze because of her. "I got a job offer here! Mom and dad thought it would be nice if we got to bond a little more, since.. you don't really come home much." She pouted and looked down to her feet. The gasp and widen eyes from Janie surprised Luhan, and the room was filled with joyful screams.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you! Of course you can stay here! Matter of fact, you can live with me—be my roommate!" Jaelyn blinked and questioned if it was really okay for her to stay. 

Watching from a distance, Luhan felt some sort of excitment. An excitment that he thought that he would be able to get to know Janie's younger sister better. "Alright, well, I've got to get to work, so hang out with Luhan and I'll be back in the afternoon! Luhan, take her out and get to know her better because I have a feeling that you two are going to be great." Janie's brows flinched up, giving the man a short scare before chuckling and turning to Jaelyn. 

"How about it then? Would you like to go explore the city?" He held his arm out to her as she looked down and smiled, gradually taking his arm with a nod. 

 

"Good morning, Detective Hwang!" Many of the officers greeted as Janie flashed a smile while giving a nod to those who greeted her. She made way to her office as she stopped to give the case files to the filer. "Thanks, Detective Hwang," she nodded once more before making her way towards the depths of her office. 

Once arriving to her spacious and private office, she sat down behind her computer as she powered on the electronic. Before she even had a moment to breathe, a knock on the door startled her. She shouted for the person to enter while sorting her things into place. "Detective, the Chief wants you in his office for a mandatory meeting." Janie nodded while sighing, waiting for the door to close behind the Sergeant. She groaned loudly before getting herself up. "I can never catch a break, can I?" 

The life of being a very busy detective then reminded her as to why. Waltzing to her door, she swung it open and walked out with her heels clicking against the marble floors. As she arrived at the Chief's office, she knocked before letting herself in. Once she set foot into the man's office, her eyes noticed the all too familiar six foot figure. "Ah, Detective Hwang! I thought you weren't going to make it." The Chief smiled while motioning her to sit before everyone in the room present. 

"So what's this about?" The brunette questioned while adjusting her skirt. The Chief placed a white envelope sealed with the seal of the most powerful woman in the country. She blinked, hesitantly taking the envelope into her hands. "The Queen's requested your presence, which means, you have to accept this job." Janie starecad at the envelope before opening the darn thing. 

"Oh my goodness!" She gasped with her hand flying to her lips before staring back up to the man she calls her boss. "She's offering you a million dollars with extra expenses, and not only that, but she's also wanting Sehun to help with the investigation. She asked us for our best detectives, and so she will recieve them." Janie, with her hand still to her lips, blinked in an ulimate utter. "Sir, I can't possibly take this job, it's way above me." 

"Janie, my dear! Think about it, she verbally said in the letter that it's not until the next two months time. You have all the time to take the job. It's just to investigate the murder of the royal, my dear. The murder of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter