8

The Gonam Middle School Vampire

Over the next few decades, Kyungri and I explored most of America. We met a lot of other vampires and also a lot of humans. We spent a lot of time in the wild exploring and hiding in abandoned buildings during the day, but at night we'd go out into the towns and go in the bars or other places, socialising with whoever we met. Eventually, we ended up staying in Los Angeles for a while. Kyungri seemed to be liking it a lot, but I wanted to explore more. One night, we had an argument which was one of my biggest regrets.

"Kyungri, I want to leave and explore somewhere else." I said, leaning against the wall of the old, abandoned church we were currently in.

"But I like it here, can't we stay a little longer?" Kyungri asked with a frown.

"You say that every time I want to move on. That's why it's taken us thirty years to explore all of America." I sighed, shaking my head.

"I don't want to leave. And since I'm your master now since Minha left you with me, you have to stay with me." Kyungri stood up, approaching me.

"I don't want to stay here." I said. "I want to go."

"We're not going anywhere." Kyungri said, starting to look irritated.

The same bickering of "I don't want to stay" and "I don't want to leave" kept going on for a good ten minutes before Kyungri lost her temper.

"Fine! Leave without me! See if I care!" Kyungri yelled.

"Fine! I will!" I yelled back, then I stormed out of the church, not looking back.

I didn't know that would be the last time I saw Kyungri for a very long time.

 

I ended up back in Texas with some girls I'd met called Chungha and Sejeong. They were both vampires too and had been married for a long time. We were sat in the living room of their apartment talking about where I would go next.

"Well, from what you've told us, I don't think going to South Korea is an option. I wouldn't recommend North Korea either. We went there once and it was awful." Chungha was saying.

"Europe is a good place to explore. There's a lot of countries." Sejeong suggested.

"I've been to Europe before, but I didn't really get to explore too much. I think I'll go to Europe." I said, nodding a few times.

"There's always a few werewolves in Europe though, especially Italy, so I'd try and avoid Italy if I were you." Chungha said.

So I decided to go to Europe. I said goodbye to Sejeong and Chungha the next night and began the long journey.

 

My time in Europe was probably the wildest years of my life. I met a few young vampires like me and we did a lot of stupid things but it was fun. We threw parties in the streets in every country we went, we stole cars and raced them through the countryside, got arrested a few times and lots more. We stayed together for almost eighty years I think before the fun ended and we went our own ways after exploring all of Europe together. This time, I decided to return to Korea since I definitely knew it was safe because everybody I knew there and everyone who knew of my past was dead. I ended up adapting to human life again, working in a café and having my own apartment. I only had a few friends and I didn't tell them much about my past, I just made something up.

It was a boring day in the café, not many people were coming in. I was scrolling through my phone, sat down behind the counter, when I heard a familiar voice from the other side.

"Well, this isn't what I expected you to be doing when you left all those years ago."

I looked up. It was Kyungri.

"Kyungri? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I've been in Korea for a while. I just wanted to check up on you." Kyungri said. "So, how about you tell me what you've been up to after all this time?"

I made us drinks before sitting at one of the tables with her and telling her everything that happened after I left her in the church.

"And then after leaving Europe, I came back to Korea and this is where I've been ever since." I finished.

Kyungri smiled. "It seems you've had your rebellious teenage vampire years, then. You're an adult now, aren't you? It's been almost one hundred years since we last saw each other."

I nodded. "I'm one hundred and thirty three years old now."

"You're getting old now." Kyungri grinned, nudging my leg under the table. "Honestly, I can't remember my age. I must be around two hundred sixty now. Oh god, that's old."

"But you're still pretty and you look young." I said with a smile, reaching across the table to squeeze Kyungri's hand gently. "No matter how old you get or if you get ugly, you'll always have me."

Kyungri looked down at our hands before looking up at me again. "Jieun, I still love you."

"I still love you too." I said, squeezing her hand again.

"Can we try again with the whole dating thing?" Kyungri asked.

I nodded with a smile. "Of course."

"Let's leave here, Jieun. Let's explore." Kyungri said, standing up.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I said, then we got up together and left the café together holding hands, never looking back.

 

kinda short, but i hope you like it!!