7

The Gonam Middle School Vampire

We spent a few months with Sera and Hyuna in Canada. They told us about their wedding and how it was going to take place at a lake nearby. They had invited all their friends, and Euaerin predicted that maybe five people would come.

 

The day of the wedding came and we were sent out to prepare things and welcome the guests whilst Sera and Hyuna got ready. It turns out more than five people came. Hundreds of people came, actually. The majority were vampires, but some were human too. Eventually, Kyungri got bored so she came over to where I was stood greeting people to show them the way.

"I'm bored. Can we go for a walk?" Kyungri whispered in my ear. "I think everyone is here now anyway."

I looked around. There didn't seem to be any people coming because they were now all at the lake.

"Okay." I said, holding Kyungri's hand. "But we have to be back in time for the wedding."

Kyungri grinned, nodding, then we started to walk together through the woods. "We won't go too far, I promise."

We walked until we were on the other side of the lake to everyone else. I could spot Euaerin and Minha, and I think they'd seen us too.

"So, did you want to talk about anything or did you just want to go for a walk?" I asked, looking at her.

"...To be completely honest, I wanted to kiss you." Kyungri said with a grin.

"Kiss me then. What's stopping you?" I giggled.

Kyungri leant in and pressed her lips against mine. Things began to turn heavy after a while, so Kyungri pulled me behind a tree so nobody would see us.

 

A few hours passed. Kyungri was on top of me and we had just finished. We heard music in the distance and suddenly remembered the wedding. We both got up quickly, got dressed and ran to the other side of the lake and took our seats next to Euaerin and Minha.

"We heard everything." Minha mumbled.

"...Don't lie." Kyungri frowned, hitting Minha's arm.

"You two should control your hormones." Euaerin said, grinning.

"Kyungri started it--" I was cut off by Kyungri who covered my mouth with her hand.

Sera came up the aisle with a girl that I'd never seen before.

"That's Hyemi." Kyungri whispered. "There's some things I have to tell you about her when we're alone."

The ceremony started. Kyungri started playing with my fingers at some point and Euaerin began to cry towards the end. When Sera and Hyuna finally kissed at the end, I think almost everybody around us was crying.

 

After that was the party at this venue nearby. People were dancing and getting drunk. Kyungri and I were sat down.

"Okay, so, about the girl who was walking Sera up the aisle earlier." Kyungri started. "She used to be part of our pack a while ago. She's Sera's best friend. But Minha and her kind of got romantic with each other and it all fell apart and got complicated and she left the pack."

I looked around the room and saw Minha sat alone and then I scanned the room to find the Hyemi girl Kyungri was talking about. She was also sat alone and I noticed she was staring longingly at Minha.

"Minha ended it because Hyemi was always getting into trouble and she didn't want to go through the pain of losing her. But I believe that they still have feelings for each other." Kyungri finished.

Just then, the song that was on ended and another one came on. A very tipsy Euaerin came over and pulled us up onto the dancefloor, insisting that we dance with her. We spent a lot of the night being dragged around on the dancefloor and meeting new people. Eventually I managed to get a moment to myself and I noticed that Minha and Hyemi were stood in a corner hugging each other. Minha looked like she was crying. I can't really remember what happened after that because I was already a little tipsy and then I ended up drinking some more.

 

I woke up the next night in a hotel room, completely in bed with Kyungri. In the room with us lying on the floor was Euaerin, Minha and Hyemi. Luckily, they were clothed.

"Oh my god, my head..." I heard Euaerin mumble as she sat up slowly.

"Good morning." I said, lifting my head up to look at her.

"I can't believe you got the bed.." Euaerin groaned, shaking her head. "I'm old, I should have the bed." She began to get up and stumble towards the bed.

"You don't want to get in bed with us, believe me." I said, quickly trying to stop Euaerin from lifting up the covers, but it was too late.

"Oh my god! My eyes!"

Her scream woke everyone up.

We ended up getting food after that before finding ourselves back in Sera and Hyuna's cabin. I noticed that Minha was looking nervous.

We were all sat around watching tv when Hyemi spoke.

"Uh.. I have something to say." She said.

"What is it?" Sera asked.

"Well.. Minha and I.. We're.. Back together. And we're going to be travelling together." Hyemi announced.

"So you're leaving with Minha?" Hyuna asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Last night, I realised how stupid it was of me to leave Hyemi like I did. So we're together now. We'll be leaving later." Minha said quietly.

Nobody said anything. The atmosphere was tense.

A few hours later, Hyemi and Minha set off on wherever they were going to, leaving the rest of us to talk about the news.

"I really didn't think they'd get back together." Euaerin said. "Minha said she'd never take her back. But then again, that was a long time ago."

Hyuna sighed. "I just hope Hyemi doesn't mess up again. Minha's delicate."

We kept talking for a while before Euaerin announced that she was leaving to travel to Dubai for something. She told us not to come looking for her because by the time we'd get there she'd probably be gone.

 

The next night when I woke up, Euaerin had already gone. My head was resting on Kyungri's lap and Kyungri was reading a book. Sera and Hyuna were in the kitchen cooking. I wiggled around a bit before rolling over and pressing my face against Kyungri's stomach.

"Hi princess. Did you sleep well?" Kyungri asked, running her fingers through my hair.

I nodded, moving my head back to look up at Kyungri with a sleepy smile.

Sera called us for food so we got up and went to eat. After that, I took a shower.

"So, where are you two going from here?" Sera asked. "I doubt you'd want to stay here for much longer. There's not much to do."

"I'm not sure. There's nowhere to go anymore. I mean, we could return to Korea but I don't know where we'd stay." Kyungri said with a sigh. "They demolished my school."

"There's other places in the world than Korea. Why don't you just travel for a while? You haven't seen that much of the world. And you could teach Jieun things." Hyuna said.

"But Jieun's not my apprentice. She's Minha's." Kyungri said.

"You care about Jieun though, don't you? Minha is letting you take care of her apprentice. The least you could do is teach her how to be a proper vampire." Hyuna said, frowning at Kyungri.

Kyungri let out a soft sigh. "I'm not even good at these kind of things myself though. But I guess I can try."

After that we decided that we'd travel around America. We said goodbye to Sera and Hyuna and set off on our long journey, not sure when we'd see them or any of our friends again.

 

felt like updating this. sorry for the long wait.