Ghost

Naturally

“Why here?”

JongHyun asked her if she wanted to accompany him to somewhere ‘magical’ that night and she agreed but she never thought he will bring her to the National Library at Seocho District, Seoul. Out of 100 listed places that AhYoung thought, she didn’t expected he’ll bring her to the library. One, she doesn’t read at all and she can’t remember the last book that she actually tried forcing herself to finish until the last page.

“I have to find some files for my latest case. You don’t mind right? I thought we have agreed about this?” JongHyun smiled sarcastically. Of course, he knows that she will never expected him to bring her to the library. He was observing her reactions after he parked the car just now. Surprised but she still trying to calm herself.

“Okay, but I never expected this Jong-shii. Is there anything that I can help you out?”

“It’s okay, we find a place to sit first. I prefer the secluded area because I need a quiet place to read. You don’t mind spending the night with me right? It’s a 24 hour operating library,” he said and smile again for the second time next time. He doesn’t know why he keeps on flirting with her lately. AhYoung reactions is something that amused him the most.

            AhYoung was blushing after she heard that he wanted to find secluded area to sit and she was turning to a tomato when he said that he wanted to spend the night with her like it was something so casual to say.

They find a very secluded area to sit and JongHyun left her for a while to find some books for him. AhYoung remained seated as she feels that she is uncomfortable with the place. She was tapping the table due to boredom. Then, she noticed that she forgot to polish her nails. Seems like the library is a no-no place for her. When was the last time I went to library? During school trips? Ahh… I’m so lost in education, pabo Kim AhYoung.

After about 10 minutes, JongHyun came back and took his seat besides her.

“So this is a very ‘magical’ place isn’t it? Do you want to know why I asked you to accompany me tonight?”      

“Why?"

“Because this place is haunted. I’ve been here before and suddenly I heard a footsteps coming from behind me but there was nothing at all. Woobin and the others are not free tonight, that’s why I asked you if you wanted to come. Nothing happened when I left you just now right?” he asked.

AhYoung was white as sheet. She hate ghost so much that she never have the thought for so long and when she was reminded with all these again she feels like crying. Why would he tell me this now?

“Are you okay, AhYoung-ahh?”

“That was creepy and you left me alone? If you wanted to find any books after this, let me come with you okay? I have goosebumps everywhere right now,” she replied.

“You really freak out?”

“Yeah,”                                                                                                                                                               

“Now, now chill. I’m here. As I expected that you wouldn’t read any of the books here, I’ll bring my iPad so you can watch any movies that I have downloaded,” he said calming her not to worry about all those ghost story that he just told her. Nothing happened actually, he just wanted to play some old jokes but in return she was turning pale after listening to his story. He felt guilty.

“Wow, you really have good movies. Why would you have so much movie in your iPad?” her question was left hanging. JongHyun just smile and let her freely choose whatever movie that she wanted to watch.

“Oh My Goodness! I’ve been dying to watch Love, Rosie but I failed to download it after 6 hours of waiting. You don’t know how much I adore Sam Claflin!” she exclaimed excitedly forgetting the fact that she is in library and there are other visitors too.

JongHyun lift up his index finger telling her to slow down her voice. AhYoung suddenly remembers and following JongHyun by lifting up her index finger to too. Understood by her own clumsiness, she plug in her earphone to JongHyun iPad and play the movie. JongHyun start on typing some details on his notebook. They both were busy; AhYoung watching the movie with all the fangirling mood because of Sam Claflin and JongHyun doing his research in a serious mood.

Suddenly, JongHyun wanted to go to the toilet. He raised up and when he was about to go, he felt like someone was tugging his jacket.

“Where do you want to go? Nature calling?” he nodded as a reply.

“I wanted to come too,” she pouted.

“Okay, but we have to bring all the important things with us, “he started to pack up his notebook, smartphone and wallets. He left the others on the table and they both headed out in front of the entrance where the toilet are located. AhYoung waits for him outside beside a coffee vending machine. Luckily, there are many students outside the entrance due to the reason that they’re all university students from a university nearby.

They went out from the library at about 4 in the morning. AhYoung didn’t sleep at all because she was so determined to accompany him. However, she failed at the last 45 minutes. She fell asleep and her head was falling at JongHyun’s shoulder. She didn’t realised it but JongHyun just let it be.

As they are almost arrived at AhYoung’s apartment; AhYoung was reminded again about JongHyun ghost story. What if there are footsteps? Its 4 in the morning.

“Okay we’re here. See you again, and thanks for helping me AhYoung-shii,” he said.

“Can I ask you for one request? Please?”

“What is it?”

“You don’t mind spending the night with me right?”

JongHyun was surprised that she was using the same trick that he used just now. But this is real.

“Eh?”

“Can we just sleep in the car until 7 in the morning. I suddenly remembers your ghost story in the library,”

He was looking at her and she was looking at him too. Both of them were just looking at each other for a few seconds. Finally, JongHyun parked his car at one of the empty parking spot. AhYoung take that as a yes. She lowered her seat and turning her body to face JongHyun. JongHyun did the same thing. AhYoung closed her eyes and suddenly JongHyun said something.

“Thank you for spending the night with me,”

“Thank you for spending the night with me too,” replied AhYoung.