Art

Naturally

Two days passed without any KakaoTalk, Whatsapp, calls and not even message. She thought at least he could try to stalk on her Facebook or follow her on Instagram but none! The 'grabbing' hand gestures was already a positive sign for him to step on the next stage. Did he missed it? Was it that hard to just say hi?

"AhYoung-ahh, Mr Shin wants to see you. I think he wants to tell you about your work proposal," said Minah, her co-worker. AhYoung has been work at National Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art Korea at Gyeonggido, two months ago after she moved to Seoul. Her intention is just one; to make sure her painting is display at the museum. Art is her passion and all she ever wants is to make sure her proposal on to display her precious work at the museum a success. 

      She knocked Mr Shin's door slowly. Nervous inside but she hides it to accept whatever the result will be with a brave heart. Please say yes, please say yes, Oh just say yes.

"Miss AhYoung, please sit," he shows her to take her seat. She follows his order diligently. High hopes in the air and she sensed that a good result she'll be hear in any moments. Mr Shin look at her and she raised her eyebrows pretending that she didn't know what was the reason that she was called to enter the room.

"So?" she asked.

"I'm sorry to say this you. We have to reject your proposal Miss AhYoung. It's not because your work is not good enought, they were amazing I assure you. I love it, but we don't just accept any work from anyone so I hope you undestand," he explained so that she wouldn't feel so down. 

      AhYoung close her eyes. It's not about accepting the outcomes but the reality hit her hardly. How long has it been? Two months of waiting. Her mother is asking her when she can come to Seoul and look by her own eyes that her dreams are displayed on the wall of the museum. This is the best place to show her talents to the outsiders, if they can't display it, then who will? 

"Mr Shin, if you excuse my rudeness. Why did they accept Kim Hyuna's work then? She was fresh graduate students just like me but her work has been display at this museum just after 3 days of proposal. I waited for two months. I'm curious why can't I display it here?" AhYoung said it without so much curiousity but full of accusatory. Hyuna do nothing, she came handed to AhYoung her proposal to give to the board members and after 3 days, AhYoung saw 5 of her paintings are already on the wall.

"Well, if you want to know I would gladly tell you that. She is a fresh graduate student from University of the Arts London.You just graduated from a local university. That is why," he told her harshly. AhYoung never felt insulted before and that was just too disrespectful. He shows her the exit and AhYoung stomped off from the room. Mad.

That was it? Because I graduated from a local university? I bet Mr Shin don't go to school to define what 'art' means.


JongHyun is signing a few papers on his table. Too much cases that he have to handle since he is a newbie. He is working like a cow and he don't know how workaholic he have changed. 

"You'll come next week aren't you? Its Donghun's birthday party. Don't work too much please, and come visit me often will you? Your dad has been missing you lately," 

        His mother has called him 5 times this week to ask how he was doing. He didn't mind at all but he is too tight with work. Donghun is his nephew, his sister's son. Donghun is a good boy and they used to play soccer together at the park. It seems that he couldn't play with him anymore. Aishh... I should have made plans with him.

Suddenly, his phone is ringing. He look at the caller id and he is suprised. He picked up the call and couldn't even say his hi.

"Yah! Unnie. You know what, they rejected my artwork. How can they rejected my dreams. Unnie, I've been working like a robot before I came to Seoul to finish my paintings and they rejected it. You know what is more hurtful to hear? They told me that they don't approved my proposal because I was graduated from a local university and they don't want to display my artwork. Why Unnie? It's because I'm a nobody and they don't want to display it. Unnie I want to go home and hug you and tell you everything. Can you say that 'It's okay AhYoung-ahh, you can try again' ?" AhYoung explained, unknowingly that JongHyun was on the other line. 

"It's okay AhYoung-ahh, you can try again,"

"Unnie?" AhYoung thought she have heard it wrongly. She look at it again at her phone. Mistaken. It was a wrong number. Jiyoung's name on her contacts is just below JongHyun's name. Her fingers must have slip a little when she choose JiYoung's name. Ahh... Pabo Kim AhYoung.

"Hong JongHyun-shii, want some ice-cream?"

             JongHyun saw her first. They agreed to meet at Hangang Park late that evening. She was looking at her phone walking aimlessly without noticing anyone who are also walking on the path. This will be their third meeting this month, he don't know know what he was doing anyway. AhYoung has been considered as 'friend' and that idea was coming from himself. It wouldn't hurt no one because he is not in any relationship with anyone right now. However, to imagine AhYoung as someone special to him would be really fast isn't it? Ulsan, a painter, have a cousin and what else does he know about her? 

AhYoung saw him. 

He laugh and she starts on laughing too. They ended smile to each other and they walk towards each other.

"Okay first of all, you've heard everything! I was mistaken, I thought I was dialling my cousin number. How was I sound, pathetic aren't I?" she blurted out everything that she have wrote on her note in her phone. Checking back to her phone and look if she missed anything. JongHyun can't stop laughing, not because he is sympathy with what happen to her, but he feels so happy when he finally meet her, again. Honestly, he feels strange of his new self. Not that he doesn't like it, he really try to understand it.

"You can always tell me whatever problems that you encounter AhYoung-shii, we are friends anyway?" he told her to initiate her to tell everything about herself. Deep inside himself he really wants to know about Kim AhYoung. Where is her favourite place to eat? What her favourite colours? Where did she work? What time she goes home? He is full of curiousity. The last time he was in love deeply is when he met Nana for the first time. Nana has always been together with his guys but it seems that Nana never had feelings to him. One-sided love, he could tell. 

          Indeed he didn't even try to confess to Nana but he make a goo assumption that she never interested on him since they met. SungJoon, she likes him and she bravely confessed to SungJoon that she is in love with him in front all of us 5 years ago during our monthly dinner. Unlucky to her, SungJoon is in relationship with Kim Yu-Jin, an actress which her stage name as UEE. With her broken heart, she fly to Europe to find herself back.

Well, they met again recently. The friend that they picked up from the airport was Nana. 

"Awhhh, well you already know everything that happen to me today. I work at the National Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art Korea at Gyeonggido. Two months ago, I sent them my proposal to display my artwork and they rejected due to the reason that I graduated from a local university and I'm not famous. Do they even know what art means," she pissed off and JongHyun saw her pouting angrily. He thought that was cute.

"Why don't you try for Wooseong Museum? I know the owner of that museum," he calmly said. 

"Wooseong Museum is too grand, I mean why would Wooseoug display my artwork. Theirs are the best in the world," she replied. 

"At least you should try," he argued. 

"Wait, you know the owner of Wooseong Museum? Did you mean you actually know the great and handsome So Yi Jung?" she cried loudly not believing what she just have heard. The famous So Yi Jeong that debuted as a young potter at the age of 16. His family owned the museum. Rich, handsome and talented. Who would've thought that she could meet him, her role model with the help of JongHyun. 

"Keep on dreaming AhYoung-ahh, he is married already," he said while drinking his coffee. It was cold and he feels that coffee might relieve the coldness a little bit. So Yi Jeong was his senior at middle school, ShinHwa Middle School. They got along so well and sometimes YiJeong would call him regarding on cases that involves with court or agreement. 

"I know that and I don't really get jealous with Mrs So Ga Eul. She seems a very nice person and you know what? When they announced their marriage to the public, I was really suprised because everyone know how playboy he is and he is marrying a teacher? The least that I have expected. I thought she would be the model from Project Runway or Kendall Jenner. How did they fall in love? When did they meet? I was curious you know," she told him. He is amused with this AhYoung girl. Never in his life he meets someone that never hide herself. She exposed everything that she was thinking and tells everything she wants too.  On the other side, JongHyun is a very shy guy, he keeps hiding whatever thought that he have in his head.

"They met during school days but Ga Eul didn't go to the same school. Yi Jung doesn't like her at all when they met at the first time. He told me Ga Eul is so naive and innocent, too good for him. Somehow, they get along too well and Yi Jung promised her that he'll meet her again in the next 4 years if she hasn't find her soulmate yet. She waited for 4 years and they met again. Well, the rest is history" he story-telling to AhYoung what happen to So Yi Jeong and Chu Ga Eul.

"Oh wow. You go girl!" she exclaimed.

"You will love Ga Eul. She's nice. I'll call her to meet you if you want to give her your proposal?" AhYoung nodded and say her thank you a lot of times. JongHyun saves her life again. Being an amateur artist, it will your ultimate dreams to display your artwork at the public. It doensn't matter if at the end you get a harsh critics or a motivated praised. After all, you managed to get your work display.

                 They were walking and talking without noticing that they have reached to the end of the path. Both of them decided to go for a dinner together since AhYoung told him that she cried for the whole lunch hour after her boss rejected her proposal. Hungry, and tired of walking. Despite all of the problems, she feels so relieved after she had told JongHyun everything. He doesn't mind at all. Listening to her stories and she keeps on telling him. It has always been AhYoung dreams to have a husband that is a good listener. What a naughty thought you have up there, AhYoungie~


Okay, that was all for chapter 5. Hope you guys enjoy.

Yi Jeong and Ga Eul part was from Boys Over Flower. I shipped them hard, since 2009!

Next chapter will be their conversation during the dinner. Drop some comment, will you? 

SojungBae