Glances

Naturally

 

                 The bus is occupied by only few passengers. Ah Young signals JongHyun to sit besides her as she always feels uncomfortable inside a bus or train due to people looking at each other strangely. Plus, her mother warned her before to take care of herself when she is taking any public transport and forbids her from talking to any stranger.

Hey, Hong Jong Hyun is a stranger isn't it?

She shook her head. No.

"You don't really mind if I sit here?" Jonghyun asked.

"Oh no! I'm inviting you to sit here anyway. By the way I have a lot of things to ask you, . . . . I mean directions! Yes directions to my house!" she stuttered.

"Ahhh... of course. Let me see the address again," he then explained the path that she should follow to her home. Ah Young listened to his explaination word by word. She tried so hard of not looking to his eyes but the desires to actually looking to that gorgeous eyes is calling her. They exchange a 10 seconds glances and she was smiling crazily. JongHyun can't even stop smiling due to the awkwardness surrounds them.

         After that incident, they were quiet not knowing what to do or tell each other. Ah Young being her all love-at-the-first-sight feeling and JongHyun just don't know what to do. Surely that was something Ah Young, mom should be proud of me of getting a Seoul boy as a boyfriend.

"Ah Young, I think you might want to exchange phone number. Just in case if you got lost after this. I mean you can delete it after you reach home," he knows that this random meeting is something but he won't bothering himself thinking that there would be another meeting with this girl again after this. Fate will bring them together again if really there's something about this.

"Oh okay. Give me your phone number," she requested JongHyun telling him to give his phone number. 

           She didn't have any attention on deleting his number after she reach her home. She should grab this kind of chance for another big change in her life. No one knows what would happen tomorrow but if you make plans and put some effort in it, everything will turns out great. And still you'll never know. Suddenly she remembers that she have plenty of chocopie inside her bag. 

"Which one do you prefer? Pepero or chocopie?" 

"I'm sorry?" JongHyun was dumbfounded for a while due to her sudden question.

"Do you like pepero or chocopie?" Ah Young asked while searching for the chocopie inside her bag. 

"Pepero, because chocopie reminds me of..."

"Military," Ah Yound guessed. JongHyun was suprised that she knows about that infamous chocopie facts that he thought that was South Korean men secret. It must be her boyfriend telling her this chocopie secret.

"How did you know that?" curious JongHyun wants to know.

"I thought everyone knows that. Here you go, chocopie. Shh... I actually knows how to recreated this chocopie. Its actually a sponge cake with marshmallow between the layers of the sponge cake and covered with chocolates!" Ah Young explained happily. She loves chocopie and it turns out so many men in South Korea is actually love it too. JongHyun laugh a little bit due to Ah Young 'chochopie' joke but he still took the chocopie that Ah Young handed to him.

"But still JongHyun-shii, this chocopie brings a lot of memories during military to you. I mean you know every places that we have been visited we always have that one food that reminds us to that place. Like, tteokboki reminds me of high school and cotton candy usually reminds me of playground and ice cream. You might have different versions than mine but regardless we should appreciate this life while it lasts isn't it?" 

Ah Young, I will not delete your number.

         This random girl he met at the bus stop when he was supposed to be at YoungKwang's bachelor party. He never meet such an interesting character that he feels like he already know her before this and more like meeting an old friend. How in the world that Hong JongHyun actually meets a girl that can change his mind within a minutes?

They didn't realized that the bus is already at their stop. Jonghyun let Ah Young knows that they should off from the bus. `

"Bye?" Ah Young said to JongHyun.

"Bye. Call me when you're home."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1: 42 AM

    JongHyun is still at YoungKwang's party when he got a phone call.

"JongHyun-shii, this is Ah Young,"

"Ahhh...hi. Are you home already?" Jonghyun asks as he is concern on Ah Young's dilemma on getting back home.

"Ah yes, I'm home. I just want to tell you that," she stated.

"Good then. Ah Young thank you for the chocopie. It reminds me of my golden military days," he smiles. A lot actually.

"Told ya! Okay thank you again JongHyun-shii. I will never delete it, bye" she hung up, not wanting to hear anything from him. That would be really awkward. Like seriously Ah Young! What an embarassing statement you're telling.

"Delete what?" but she already hung up. Later, he remembers about the phone number. 

Well, we don't just exchange glances.