Pepper

Naturally

       Its a new Saturday for JongHyun. Previous Saturday was indeed one of the best night for the five of them. He was late for one hour but the party was still great. He brought a small carrot cake that he requested her grandma to bake that evening. His grandma thought that the cake was for a girl since JongHyun never asked her personally to bake a cake. Unluckily, he forgot to tell that the cake is for YoungKwang because his grandma already decorated it with pink cream and strawberries. 

“ Halmoni, its for YoungKwang-hyung. Remember that he is going to marry in another two weeks time? The bachelor party? “

 

“Yah, during my days we don't really have party for the groom by eating carrot cake. How supposed I know. Anyway, if you don’t want it, send it to Hyeri will you? You know how she likes you so much, give her some chance will you Jjong-ah?” replied her grandma. 

 

    Lee Hyeri is the girl who live next door to Jonghyun’s grandma house. When he was young, they used to play together but up until when

JongHyun entered high school, puberty just hit him. He treated Hyeri as a best friend that he always did when they were young but she just wants more. She already confessed to JongHyun when he graduated from the law school but he just can’t lie to himself. There’s no sparks regarding on the idea of the two of them together.

 

“It’s okay Halmoni, I’m willing to take this beautiful cake that has been craved by your precious hand to the party. I’m pretty sure they are going to eat no matter how it looks because you know how they love your cakes,”  he took the cake and gave his grandma a kiss on the cheek and run towards the nearest bus stop.

 

But there was another thing that happens on the same Saturday. He met Ah Young, the girl at the bus stop. Her story about 'midtown' and chocopie was ‘something’. He still save her number but he just couldn’t put any names to add Ah Young as a new contact person in his phone.

 

Chocopie

 

Ulsan girl

 

She-don’t-want-to-delete-my-number

 

Ah Young

 

The list goes on but why would he save, he didn’t even dare to send a ‘hi’ to her. Hong JongHyun, change please. 

 


           Its one fine morning in Ah Young's apartment. Ah Young's apartment, I like it. I have my own house now.  

Green tea in one hand and her right hand is holding her phone scrolling on the latest Korean gossips on Allkpop. She was suprised when she saw an article mentioning on the Girls Day members Yura that met his former virtual husband after ' We Got Married ' in Inkigayo. She has been the a faithful shipper of Yura and her husband and when she saw the photo that Yura uploaded on Instagram everything came back like a lightning. Fangirling. His husband finally follows her back on Instagram and the feeling is so good that makes Ah Young smiles goofily. She adores this couple so much and she actually want them to be together in real life.

She immediately call her favourite cousin.

"JiYoung Unnie did you know that Yura and JongHyun met again in Inkigayo! Oh My God, how I'm supposed to live JiYoung-ahh. They like each other aren't they? They even follows each other on SNS," said Ah Young excitedly. She is in that world again, fangirling about other people's happiness. I don't know who's actually lucky in the pairing. Is it Yura or JongHyun?

"Omo!Omo! Did they? How can I actually missed their reunion? Yah Ah Young you better record the Inkigayo episode this week, I'll visit to your house as soon as I got home," claimed JiYoung. Ah Young and JiYoung's is 17 years apart but they are too close within each other. From Ah Young's point of view, she respects JiYoung as her own sister and JiYoung never treats Ah Young as a younger ones but as best friends. On JiYoung's wedding day, Ah Young got so overwhelmed and she cried so hard because she knows that she will never able to spend her days with JiYoung like before. 

 "Don't forget to buy me the 'Balienese Sarong' Unnie! I keep on searching the thing in Internet. When are you going back home anyway?"

"Yah! You don't even put that special date on your reminder? It's tomorrow evening. You have to pick me at the airport around 1pm. I've got so much luggage and please rent a big taxi. You can actually make an online reservation so that you wouldn't messed up your day tomorrow Ah Young-ah. You know sometimes you are just too clumsy and I can't handle it," replied JiYoung

"Arasso. I know its tomorrow but I don't know the exact time you're going to arrive. No worries I'll be at the airport as early as I can. Where are you heading now?"

" 'Pura Luhur Uluwatu'. Yeah.. that was stated on this brochure. Suk Won says that it is a sea temple. Oh Ah Young! You should really come here next time, you just going to love it,"

They finally hang up the phone call and back to reality. She look back at Yura and JongHyun photo. They look happy. I wonder when will I meet my own JongHyun?

 

JongHyun?

 

“My name is Hong Jong Hyun.”

 

Speaking of JongHyun, she also met ‘JongHyun’ last Saturday. A very nice, young and handsome man which she could actually vote for him for ‘Asia Next Top Model’ nominees.Who wouldn’t vote for him?

 

      There is one tiny little voices in her head requesting her to actually meet JongHyun again for no reason. She feels that she have to meet him again and share a nice conversation again while drinking a cup of Capuchino. She love it. Oh, and the glances how I could forgot about it. There were sparks? No, no, no! It was definitely a firework and he couldn't stop smiling isn't he when that moment just happen randomly? Or did he just find me some sort of weirdo or stalker trying to catch his attention?

 


"SungJoon, I need to go to the washroom first. Just order anything will you," said JongHyun. 

             SungJoon, Woobin and JongHyun are at the airport waiting for their schoolmate to arrive from Germany. This friend of them fly back from Germany to South Korea to attend YoungKwang's wedding that will be held at Grand Hyatt Seoul tomorrow night. While waiting, SungJoon feels like eating Korean Beef, so he forced all of them to have beef for lunch.

"Can I get some fresh pepper please?"     

SungJoon can't keep his eyes off to the girl next to their table. She keeps on eating the fresh chilli with the beef. Cut, dip in the special sauce, insert the beef cutlets into and add up with the green pepper. Furthermore, she is not having any company eating with her but she enjoys it like she never taste beefs before. What a strange girl. Isn't it too spicy?

         Woobin is looking at SungJoon and he follows SungJoon's eyes. He is also looking how that girl eat all the pepper like that green thing that she is holding with her fingers is not spicy at all. 

"She's mad isn't she?"

"Yup, I have to agree. She looks healthy though. So, I don't know how but she is a very strange girl," responsed SungJoon.

         After they ordered their favourite beef dish, JongHyun walks towards their table. SungJoon and Woobin were busy updating their tweets that they are at the airport waiting for their friend. JongHyun doesn't feel like opening his phone at all. He tries to make small conversation with his two buddy until their food arrived. The beef looks really delicious and JongHyun really want to have the taste of that freaking beef.

"Yah, look at the girl beside our table. She keeps on eating the beef with pepper," SungJoon whispered to JongHyun's ear.

          JongHyun turns to his right and watched intensely the girl beside her. Sometimes, she only eat the pepper alone. Suddenly JongHyun look at her face again. Stop the music! It can't be?

"Ah Young?"