Chapter 2 - For the Love of the Sky

Almost Over You


Donghae's POV


Dara is so stubborn. She doesn't understand how much I worry over her. Seriously, she will be the death of me.
I was so surprised to saw her there. Everyone's shocked as I am. We're staring at her, who by the way, was standing at the edge of the school's rooftop.
The first thing that would come to normal people's mind upon seeing this was that she wanted to jump off the building and end her life but I knew her better so I rushed to the place where she was and bring her some senses.

I was about to shout her name to call her but she wasn't there anymore. I searched for her and heard someone yelling.

"YAH! Are you crazy?? Do you think everything will be solved if you end your life here? What's your problem, huh? There are a lot of people out there who were suffering 10x than you are now. Seriously, little girl?! At your young age, you've already lost all hopes? C'mon! You need a friend? To remind you that this is not right? that suicide is bad, huh?? If that's what you need, try me! You, idiot! Aisht! I'll whack some senses into your head!" the guy said.

He was holding her arms tightly. I felt angry upon seeing it and took my steps towards them ready to punch his face but was taken aback when she shrieked,
"WHAT??!! If there's someone crazy here, it is YOU. You heard me? And for your information, Mister, I am not committing suicide! I have friends! And I know that suicide is bad! How dare you grabbed me by my waist and touched me? Huh? ERT!!!"

The guy was dumbfounded but immediately recovered and countered, "No one would take interest in that (eyeing her figure). Excuse me! And, any normal people who could have seen you would think the same as me. Idiot!"

I found myself near them as I grabbed Dara's right hand and looked at the guy who was smirking at her.
"I'll take her, bro. Sorry for troublin' you.", I told him and faced Dara, who was still fuming in anger.

He let go of her arm and whispered roughly, "Crazy girl..." Then, left us.

Waiting for her to calm down, we sat on the floor with our back resting at the wall of the rooftop.
"Hey..." I said, looking at her.
She raised her tiny face and looked at me. Her brown eyes now calmed and reflect purity.
"Sorry.", she sighed. "I just wanted to take a photo of the sky. You know how I love them, right? And, I need to capture that view so I ended up there. I'm sorry."

This was not that first time that she lost her senses just to take a photo of the sky. One time, we were waiting for the green light for us to cross the street when suddenly, she sprinted and rushed to the other side making all cars swerved and honked their horns. Her reason? She saw the sun setting and a huge tree covered the view so she has to make her way quickly to capture it. Another when she suddenly want me to stop the car at the middle of the highway just to take a photo of her beloved sky. I can only sigh and shook my head.

"Dara, you know how many times I told you to be careful, right? What if a great wind passed by and, you, being so light and petite was carried away? I won't have a crazy best friend anymore." I told her with a small smile on my face seeing his flabbergasted face. Cute. I inwardly said.

"Yah!" She shrieked.
"Just kiddin'. But, please, promise me that this will be the last time you'll be this clumsy. Look at the guy a while ago, he thought you're committing suicide. Haha." I laughed.
"That, idiot. So meddlesome!", she blurted.

I stood up and grabbed her hands. "Let's go. Care to treat me for ice cream? For proving your sincere apology?" I wiggled my brows and .
"Aisht! Really now? Aigoo..you're crazier than me!", she said smiling.
I pout and smiled widely.

'Being with her makes me so happy', I told myself.


Jiyong's POV
 

I was enjoying my nap time at the rooftop when something caught my eye.

'What the?', I  whispered, shocked at what was before me.


A girl was standing at the edge of the brick fence. She seemed lost and was reaching out in the air with her phone.
"Oh, no. She isn't going to jump off, right?" I thought inwardly and was scared to see her lost her balance.

GOSH! I rushed towards her and grabbed by her waist then we stumbled on the floor. She was slightly wincing in pain and I immediately ask her if she was okay. She didn't say anything as she rubbed her . I took her arm to make her stand and then I don't know what's gotten into me that I suddenly felt alarmed that she might have fallen or she might die there and then. Whew. I felt my blood boiled. Chincha! This girl. I suddenly blurted,

"YAH! Are you crazy?? Do you think everything will be solved if you end your life here? What's your problem, huh? There are a lot of people out there who were suffering 10x than you are now. Seriously, little girl?! At your young age, you've already lost all hopes? C'mon! You need a friend? To remind you that this is not right? that suicide is bad, huh?? If that's what you need, try me! You, idiot! Aisht! I'll whack some senses into your head!"

'What am I saying? Suddenly 
offering myself to be her friend? Aisht! This girl has gotten me loose my sanity already.Chincha!!'

Then, she lifted her face, annoyed and begun,

"WHAT??!! If there's someone crazy here, it is YOU. You heard me? And for your information, Mister, I am not committing suicide! I have friends! And I know that suicide is bad! How dare you grabbed me by my waist and touched me? Huh? ERT!!!"

Wow. This girl. I just have saved her life and now accussing me? It's official. This girl is crazy.

I looked at her astounded. I eyed her figure. Well, it's not really bad but I shouldn't let her know that. Hmph! Besides, there's really nothing for her to boast except for her face. She's pretty.

WHAT? No. No. No. I washed that thought quickly and regained my self and told her, "No one would take interest in that. Excuse me! And, any normal people who could have seen you would think the same as me. Idiot!"

She was fuming in anger but she was cute. Haha. I wanted to laugh at her expression when suddenly, a guy appeared behind her and told me, "I'll take her, bro. Sorry for troublin' you."

Keeping a serious face, I smirked at her and muttered, "Crazy girl..." then left them behind.

Upon going down the stairs, I suddelnly realized I haven't asked her what could be the real deal with her standing there, almost jumping off.
But, why am I even concerned? She's a total crazy anyway but I hope she won't do that anymore.
Also, who's that guy? Is he her boyfriend or something? I don't know why but I don't like him.

What? Jiyong! Stop thinking non-sense.' I told myself as I made my way out.


Dara's POV

I've always been in love with the sky. I don't know when it started but I always feel happy when I see it displaying different colors, blending and all. I'll never get tired of staring at it.

To keep it's beauty within me, I started capturing photos of it wherever I am, whatever circumstances I am in. I know I just have to take a shot of the sky and I won't let that moment slipped.

Donghae always warned me on this habit of mine because I really get clumsy and forget my senses. I always end up compromising my safety.
But...but..can you blame me? Look at it this way, when you see the person you love, isn't it just natural to be lost in your own world and take time to appreciate them and completely fall in? Right. right? No?. >_<

Well, I'm just really thankful that Donghae's been so patient to me ever since. Nobody can take my weirdness the way he handles it. So glad to have him as my best friend.

Thinking back, that guy really pisses me off. HAH! How dare him yell at me like that? He even touched me! That ert! I hope I won't encounter him anymore. 
I am not crazy like him. He suddenly yanked me down. It hurts with my hitting the floor, you know. And, how dare him tell me that nobody will be interested in me? UGH. The guts!!! It's official. I hate him.