Chapter 6

For the First Time in Forever

 

It’s 11.00pm now and Luhan just came back from his office because there are lots of works that need to be done and he isn’t the type who likes to procrastinate in work or everything. If he wants to do something, he will do it until he’s done no matter how long does it takes.

When he got back home, his house was dark and only few lights opened indicating that his family members are already sleeping. He asked Seohyun to go home first because of the kids and he didn’t want her to get tired. He feels bad whenever she is tired with all the works and he wants her to take a rest although she is stubborn sometimes.

 

He quietly twisted the knob of his bedroom door slowly so that he doesn’t wake Seohyun and Sohee from sleeping but there is something wrong with the knob. It feels like it’s stuck and he twisted again and again with the same result. He tried to shake the knob vigorously and it took a while for him to realize that the door has been locked from inside.

That’s weird. Why would Seohyun lock the door when she knows that he is not back yet? Is it because of Sohee? Sohee now knows how to open the door all by herself so it’s no surprise that Seohyun do this. He knocked the door softly but loud enough for Seohyun to hear. However, the door still isn’t opened making him knocked over and over again when he heard the lock of the knob has been unlock and the door was opened.

He was about to enter the bedroom when he felt a hand pushed his chest with a towel and his nightwear in between his chest and Seohyun’s hand. Afraid that the towel and his nightwear fall, he holds it and Seohyun’s hand withdraws from it and quickly shut the door while locking it without getting a chance for Luhan to enter.

Everything happened so fast and Luhan blinked when Seohyun did that to him. What is wrong with her? Is she mad at him for coming back so late? But she knew that he will back late today and she even saw the works that he needs to do to complete it. Feeling dissatisfied, he knocked the door again so that she will give him an explanation.

Seohyun opened the door but only her head popped up with no room for Luhan to enter. “What?” She asked coldly.

“What is this?” He showed his towel and nightwear.

She smiled cutely at him. “Well, that’s for you to take a shower and sleep.”

Luhan raised his eyebrow because he doesn’t understand of what she meant. “Well yes, I get that but why are you giving me this? Why you didn’t let me to get inside the room?” He was sure that she is doing this because she was annoyed with him for coming back late today.

“You’re not allowed to be with me until the reception. So, in two weeks we are separated.” She declared.

Wait, what? Separated? Not allowed to be with her until the reception? Why is she doing this? He can’t separate with her for 1 second! He just can’t. “What do you mean? Why we must separate?”

“I’m just following the tradition; you’re not allowed to see your partner until the wedding day.” She answered with a cheeky smile.

He looked at her with what-are-you-talking-about-is-this-some-kind-of-joke look. “What kind of tradition was that?” This is unbelievable!

She shrugged her shoulder. “It’s a tradition and I like something traditional. It’s something that every couple does before they get married.”

He sneered at her reason. Well, he admits that he is a bit traditional kind of person too but maybe not now. “I’m your husband and we’re married. Then, everything is settled.” He took a step before she stopped him with her hand on his chest.

“We’re going to recreate our wedding and it has to begin from the start and it begins now. So now my little deer, take a shower and call me when you’re done. I will give your things for you to sleep in the living room.” She pinched his cheek fondly.

“I can’t sleep with you either?” He shouted in incredulous.

She put her index finger on her lips to show that he is being too loud before she playfully smiled. “Yes, my deer, you can’t!” She smiled again and waved her delicate fingers before she closed the door without forgetting to lock it.

Luhan lost his words and perhaps his mind too as he started to make some weird action when Seohyun told him that he can’t be with her for the rest of two weeks until their reception. He can’t accept that. He will make sure that he will find a way to be with her and she will give up with her stupid idea.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan rolled his body to the left and right as he couldn’t sleep now. Why? Seohyun just chased him out of the room and now he has to sleep in the living room alone. They were not allowed to be with each other until that reception.

He was so used to sleep with Seohyun that he always looked at her sleeping face all the time. It made him feel calm and happy but now how is he supposed to sleep when there’s no one beside him. Even the bolster didn’t do justice for him to hug because he prefers to hug Seohyun instead.

Feeling frustrated because he couldn’t sleep, he took his phone and opened a message application. He pressed a button and started to mumble something before he sent it to her. If he can’t sleep, he will make sure that she couldn’t too.

 

Seohyun startled when her phone beeped indicating that there is an incoming message and it was from Luhan. He gave a voice message to her. She pressed the play button to listen to him.

“Are you sleeping? You. Must. Not. Sleep. If. I. Can’t. Sleep.”

She giggled with his voice message. She pressed the button and made a snoring sound and sent it to him.

 

Luhan made an irritated face when she sent him a snoring sound. Then, he received a text from her saying,

 

Baby Hyun
Who says that?

 

He pressed the button again while muttered, “Me! Now, talk to me. I don’t want you to sleep,” and then, he sent it to her.

He waited for her reply but she didn’t. The worst thing is that she listened to his voice message but she didn’t reply. Because he feels infuriated, he sent lots of voice messages to her with a threaten saying that she shouldn’t sleep when he is not sleeping and asked her to talk to him. However, Seohyun read the message but she didn’t reply which made Luhan infuriated more.

His phone vibrated and finally Seohyun replied to him. He was happy but frowned when he read her message.

 

Baby Hyun
I’M SLEEPING, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF @^*%!
GO. TO. SLEEP. DON’T. DISTURB. ME.

 

Okay. Maybe, he just went overboard.

 


 

Because of what happened that night, Luhan spent his time attaching to Seohyun at the office with enormous amount of affection that he could give. He didn’t care about his work at all and all he needs is to hug Seohyun and kissed her a number of times until he feels bored with it. But is feeling bored while giving Seohyun affection in his dictionary? No and never!

 

Oppa, can we sleep at the mansion today?” Seohyun asked Luhan in glee.

Luhan glanced at her before his eyes turned to the road. He didn’t know why she wants to sleep there and why she looks so excited about it. “Why?”

“There is something that I want to discuss with mom and dad about the reception.” She finds a reason so that he agreed to it.

He frowned because he thought that everything has been done for the reception. “Is there anything to discuss? Didn’t we finish everything already?”

Seohyun pouted when he sounds like he disapproved her idea to stay at the mansion for one night. “We can always add something to make our reception merrier.” She waited for him to open his mouth but he is so focusing on the road when the car is actually in idle. She put her hands on one of his arms that were holding the steering and shakes it while doing an aegyo. Oppa, please! Can we sleep at the mansion today? Please!”

Luhan’s weakness is her aegyo and it only comes once in a blue moon. Her pouts and cute voice melted him in instant. In the end, he agreed that today they will sleep at his mansion.

Seohyun threw her hands off in the air while cheering when Luhan finally agreed with her. She leaned to him and gave a peck of kiss on his cheek and then, smiled smugly.

He smiled when he felt her lips on his cheek. She is not good at showing her affection to him and rarely initiates the kiss or something but when she did, it’s always spontaneous and that’s what he likes about her.

 


 

Luhan came out from the bathroom after Seohyun asked him to take a shower first once they arrived at the mansion. When he came out, she is not in the room. He thought that she must be with the kids and perhaps she’s already taken her shower in other room so he shrugged it off.

Then, he came out to his room after he wore his shirt and pants. By the time he came out the room, he noticed something different and weird. Why does he feel that his mansion is quiet? There is no sound of his kids playing around or Seohyun’s voice while warning the kids about safety or something. Where are they?

 

“Luhan, dinner is ready.” Mrs. Lu called him from downstairs.

He looked at his mother and asked about Seohyun and his kids. “Mom, where is Joohyun and the kids? I don’t see them and the kids seem to be so quiet.”

His mother smiled at him teasingly. “They’re here waiting for you. The kids behave really well today. Come down now.” She asked him to come down.

Without any doubts, he came down but much to his dismay, he couldn’t find them there or a better word is they’re not there. He started to feel suspicious about this. There is something that they’re trying to do like a prank or something.

“Mom, where are they? You told me that they’re here.”

His mother turned to him in confusion. “They’re not there? Then, try to search them at the kids’ playroom.”

Luhan couldn’t understand what’s wrong with her. Just now, she said that Seohyun and his kids were at the dining table while waiting for him but there is no sight of them at all and now she suddenly asked him to find them in their room? What is this? He saw Jinri and Soojung were trying to suppress their laugh. That’s it! He knows that Seohyun and the kids have set up some prank on him. That’s why Seohyun eagers to ask him to stay here.

 

He thought that they will surprise him in the playroom once he entered there but they’re not there either. He started to get impatient with their disappearance so he decided just to call her with her phone. He waited for her to answer his call.

 

Hello? Seohyun finally answered.

“Hello? Where are you and the kids?”

Are you having your dinner already? She avoided his question.

“I don’t care about that! Now, tell me. Where are all of you?”

We’re at home.

“Home? You mean our home?” He asked in disbelieve.

Yes. She replied casually.

“What?” Luhan shouted, startling everyone in the house. Then, he ran to the front door and realized that his car is gone. That means Seohyun and the kids had gone back home using his car without he noticed but when did she gone? “When did you go back?”

Uh, when you take your shower? I think?

“You leave me alone? You and the kids leave me alone? How dare you, Joohyun? How could you betray me? Wait until I come and you and the kids will get from me. Watch out, Joohyun, Taemin, Jongin, Sehun, and Sohee! I will teach you one by one! Just wait!” He said in scary tone.

Seohyun laughed at his warning like it’s not a big deal. We will wait for it, oppa. Right, kids?

Yes! His kids’ voice echoed in his phone.

“Appa, tonight we will sleep with omma!” Sehun shouted in glee.

We can hug omma too! Taemin tried to make his father jealous.

Omma will kiss us! Jongin added another fuel to the fire to his father’s jealousy.

Appa, go away! Dawn’t take omma fwom Shohee! Sohee scolded her father with her cute voice.

Luhan could only grit his teeth while holding his anger towards everyone including Sohee. He will make sure that everyone of them will get his scolding for leaving him alone.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Appa, are you sleeping?” Sehun asked while giggling when Seohyun made a video call with Luhan making him irritated.

Luhan groaned in annoyance when his son because today his children will sleep with Seohyun at home while he had to sleep alone in his parents’ mansion. They left him for real.

Seohyun lifted her phone to show her face and to look at her husband annoyed look. She couldn’t stop laughing at him every time he whined about they left him. He wanted to go back so badly but his parents didn’t let him. She heard that he threatened the butlers so that they could send him back to the house but his parents didn’t let them and be on Seohyun’s side.

 

“Don’t make that kind of face. You’re not looking cute.” Seohyun pouted when Luhan showed his angry look that made him looked bad and not cute.

“So what! I don’t want to look cute.”

“But you’re cute.”

“I. AM. NOT. CUTE.” He muttered angrily. He never likes to be called cute.

“Yeah, right! But you looked younger than me. I’m not beautiful anymore.”

Luhan has a baby-faced that makes him look young. Seohyun sometimes didn’t like how he looks younger than her. They said that after a woman gave birth to a baby, they will become less beautiful making her felt not confident about her looks in Luhan’s eyes.

 

“What are you talking about? You’re always beautiful to me. Don’t you dare to say that you’re not beautiful!” He warned her because Seohyun’s beauty is still amazing. She is million times prettier than other girls out there.

Appa!” Sohee leaped to the screen and puckered her lips closer to the phone to kiss her father.

Luhan enjoyed seeing them having fun even though they were having fun without him but it made him forget about everything of what they had done earlier.

 


 

Two weeks had passed just like that and Luhan feels like a hell without Seohyun. He saw Seohyun every day except during weekend at his office and he couldn’t just control his hormone every time he sees her. If possible, he wants to kiss her non-stop and so does his dirty mind too. He missed everything about her especially her petite body that he loves to hug during sleep.

Every day before they gone to sleep, Luhan and Seohyun always made a video call to see each other’s face. Seohyun is feeling bad when he slept alone, so she decided to send her kids to him so that they could accompany him. Without her kids and husband, she finally realized how lonely she is when they’re not around. So that’s how Luhan felt when he slept alone.

She didn’t want to tell him that she’s lonely because this idea was her idea so she had to endure it although she missed them so much. Luhan could feel that even without she’s telling him and he decided to split the kids so that both of them will have a company to sleep before their reception.

 

On the day before the reception, both of them were having a gathering with their friends kind of like a bachelor and bachelorette party but it’s not exactly a party. It’s just hanging out with best friends.

Luhan and EXO went to their favorite café for hangout; The Grace Café, which also Seohyun’s old workplace. Meanwhile, Seohyun and her café workmates whom they known as Soshi, went to the café that was located at the village since Luhan and EXO were at their café. As for their kids, Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun followed their father while Sohee is with her mother.

 

“Boys, do you know what day is tomorrow?” Suho asked them about their parents’ anniversary.

“It’s appa and omma 10th years anniversary!” They cheered in happiness.

“Then, you will get to see how your parents got married before. You’ve never seen them got married before so does we all.”

They looked at them in confused. “Suho samchon, you’ve never seen our appa and omma got married before?” Jongin asked curiously.

“Yes, we never know that your appa had married.”

The boys turned to their father like they asked for an explanation from him. Appa, why don’t you invite samchon before?” Taemin couldn’t understand why his father would do that.

Luhan feels uneasy with the question. It’s not that he doesn’t want to answer it. It’s just that it’s hard for him to explain to them why and how their parents got married in the first place.

“Finish your banana split now.” He avoided the question and the boys followed their father’s order as they started to scoop banana split now. He turned to Suho and made some faces as he told him not to bring that topic again.

 

Ten years ago, a huge change happened in his life like a storm. From a playboy who always flirted with girls and dated a number of girls within a short time, to a father of four and a faithful and loyal husband to a lady whom he just met on the day he got married.

He never thought that his marriage with Seohyun will last long because the reason why they got married was to make her late mother happy. The surprise thing is that he never had any intention to divorce her after that even though they didn’t have any interaction for 7 months. They were like a stranger than a married couple before they lived together under the same roof.

But one thing for sure is that Luhan never regret in marrying Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

 


*knock knock* Hello? Anybody here? LOL!