Chapter 3

For the First Time in Forever

 

Seohyun sat while daydreaming about their wedding reception for wedding anniversary. She sighed thinking that her parents-in-law wanted to do it from the beginning. Meaning that everything started with all the vows and such. It’s not that she didn’t like it; she likes her parents-in-law’s idea but they have to do it in church where they got married 10 years ago. It’s in the city and Seohyun wasn’t fond with that.

She wanted to celebrate at her village and if possible she wanted all the villagers to celebrate as well. However, thinking about her villagers coming to the city making her felt nervous and lots of question going through her mind. Will they come? Do they want to come? Can they get used to the city’s style of living? Will the people that mom and dad invited accept them?

Those questions were in her mind after her parents-in-law told her that they decided to celebrate at the city and the venue they will be using is the company’s hall. The hall is really big and can fit thousands of people. Of course her parents-in-law would love to invite their friends for this event.

 

“Joohyun?”

Seohyun brought back to her sense after Luhan called her at the next table. Luhan decided that Seohyun’s place for working is placed in his office much to Seohyun’s protest. He said that it would be easy for both of them to communicate or gave some papers for Luhan to sign. But Seohyun knew that’s not Luhan’s intention. His real intention is just to see her face while working because he claimed that he would be able to do his work after seeing her face. However, Seohyun thought the opposite and she’s right, he couldn’t focus on his work because of her presence in his office.

 

“I’m calling you.” Luhan said.

Seohyun blinked and realized what he meant. She stood up and went to his place. He asked her to stand beside him and she followed his order.

Once she stood beside him, Luhan grabbed her waist and pulled her aggressively making her fell and eventually sat on his lap. He back hugged her and placed his chin on her shoulder.

Seohyun rolled her eyes when she once again was fooled by him. He always used a serious tone when it comes to work matter but it turned out that he wanted to hug her or kiss her. That’s it! It’s not because of work or something. She couldn’t differentiate between whether he called her for work purpose or affection purpose. She didn’t know how she could easily fooled by him.

Luhan kissed her neck making Seohyun flinched and tried to push him away but he tightened his hug. She is scared if someone entered his office and saw them in this position. That’s enough for his parents saw them in weird position before. Well, they didn’t do ‘it’ in the office but the position seemed like it. It was on her seat and Luhan came to her. He hovered on her by using his knees as his support on her chair and she didn’t know how on earth he could balance himself on the chair. He sat on her lap while facing her before both of them kissed each other. Then, they heard a gasped from someone and both of them turned to the voice and saw Luhan’s parents looking at them with open-mouthed and wide eyes. All four of them were silent and froze in their position until Seohyun pushed Luhan once she aware of her surroundings.

 

Luhan lightly kissed at the back of her ear and he whispered asking her why she looked so moody. Seohyun hesitated to tell him about her concern to the villagers. She didn’t want to disappoint her parents-in-law but at the same time she also didn’t want to disappoint her villagers who also like her family too. “Just tell me what is it, Joohyun. I will help you if you have a problem.”

Seohyun sighed. Should she tell him? What if he feels disappointed with her worries? “I-I thought that, I mean I was thinking about the villagers.”

He turned to her with a frown. “What about them?”

She bit her lips while fiddling her fingers. How is she going to tell him about this? “Um, I don’t know. I just don’t see them coming to our wedding anniversary event.” Luhan raised his brow. He was confused with that and asked her why. “You know, they’re not used with city’s kind of party. I’m afraid that they will feel left out and I’m afraid that your parents’ friends will say something bad about them.”

Luhan placed his index finger on her lips and shook his head. He assured her that his parents will stick to the traditional style like what the villagers always do. He also convinced to her that his parents will always on the villagers’ side and she didn’t have to worry about that. Even so, Seohyun couldn’t help it but expected the worst.

 

The door was knocked and Luhan groaned when it interrupted their moment. He removed his hand from Seohyun and gave her a peck before she went to her place. He smoothed his coat and cleared his throat before he said ‘come in’.

The door was opened by Mr. Lu along with two people; one is an old man around early sixties and another one is a young lady around mid-twenties. Luhan and Seohyun stood up upon seeing Mr. Lu and bowed to him.

Mr. Lu introduced the old man who is known as Mr. Choi and his daughter, Choi Jieun to Luhan. Mr. Choi is Mr. Lu’s friend as well as his business partner. His daughter would like to do some training in Mr. Lu’s company and asked for Luhan’s guidance to guide her everything so that she prepared to work in her father’s company.

Mr. Lu turned to Seohyun with a smile. “Seohyun-shi, from now on, you don’t have to work with Luhan-shi.” He told her.

Seohyun tongue’s tied when her father-in-law said that to her. Did he just indirectly say that he fired her? “Do-Does that mean I’m fi-fired?” And made Luhan to work with other girl? Luhan turned to her in shock and then turned to his father.

Mr. Lu chuckled. “No, dear. Now that Luhan needs to guide Miss Choi, she will help him everything for her to learn. Once she finished her training, you will help Luhan again. For now, take a rest. I know my son gave you a tough job and you didn’t like it.” He said while glaring at his son with a smirk.

Luhan rolled his eyes when his father mocked him. Who said that he is giving her a tough job?

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan and Seohyun were busy doing their work in the office when the door was opened without a knock. “Luhan-shi!” A lady’s voice was heard. She sounded so cheerful. The lady who called Luhan just now is Choi Jieun, the girl whom Luhan was asked to guide. And the girl who took everything from Seohyun.

Luhan looked at her with a slight frown on his face; clearly he didn’t like what she did just now. “Did you know how to knock the door before enter?” He mocked her.

Jieun bowed to him as apologies and smiled sheepishly. “I’m sorry. I just want to tell you that we’re late for meeting.” She reminded him.

Luhan looked at his watch and widened his eyes when he realized that he is late for the meeting. He immediately packed all his stuff. “Let’s go!” He said to Jieun without saying anything to Seohyun who was there watching them silently feeling hurt.

 

It’s been a week Luhan became Jieun’s mentor and Seohyun didn’t like it a bit. From her eyes, she knew that Jieun tried to flirt and caught Luhan’s attention all the time. What made the things worst is that Luhan seemed to not realize at all about her gestures towards him. Seohyun assumed that Luhan likes to be with her and she noticed that he seemed to ignore her whenever Jieun is around.

She wondered if Luhan remembered her. Even after 10 years, she still remembered who Jieun is. She was the one who kissed Luhan 10 years ago in front of Seohyun when she and Amber went to the shopping complex. That’s when Seohyun found out about Luhan’s playboy act. She felt extremely hurt that time but tried to be strong and thought that Luhan didn’t like her at all because they were forced to get married. They haven’t confessed their feelings that time. But seeing them together now brought that hurt feelings back.

She sometimes questioned herself if she’s not pretty in Luhan’s eyes anymore. There’s no doubt that Jieun is extremely pretty, prettier than her. Well, Jieun likes to wear fake eyelashes that made her eyelashes longer and thicker. She also applied a very dark red lipstick. Let’s take about her dressing throughout her training here. The skirt that she wore is really short that probably just to cover her and the shirt that she wore made her cleavage completely exposed. There is no doubt that Luhan will attract to her iness.

 


 

“Jieun-shi, if you don’t mind, can I stop at the shopping complex for awhile? I want to buy something.” Luhan told Jieun when he was parking his car in the parking lot at the shopping complex. They came back from a meeting of another company who would like to do a business deal with the Lu’s Company. Luhan wanted to buy something but he needed to ask Jieun’s permission first if she’s okay with it since she is a guest in his car.

“Sure! I don’t mind it, Luhan-shi.” Jieun said excitedly because she thought that this will be like a date with Luhan.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Seohyun came out from elevator to go back to the office. She wanted to know if Luhan is back or not. When she reached the office, Luhan wasn’t there. She looked around outside his office and noticed that there are not many people there. She was confused why there are no people here. Then, she saw the clock that was hanging on the wall. Oh, it’s lunch time. No wonder there’s no one here.

She thought about Luhan. Is he having his lunch with Jieun? When she thought about that, it made her lost her appetite for today. How she can be calm if her husband was eating with other girl? He didn’t text her or anything and it made her feel sad.

She headed out to the pantry. Who knows maybe she could find something to eat? Although in Luhan’s office have their own private pantry, she didn’t have any feeling of eating any of it. She is used eating with Luhan and without him, she felt lonely.

 

“There she is! Seohyun!”

Seohyun turned to the voice and Mr. Lu as well as Mrs. Lu were there. Mrs. Lu was the one who called her and signaled her to come to them. They were with Mr. and Mrs. Choi. Yes, Jieun’s parents.

By the time she reached to them, Mrs. Lu held her hand with a smile. “This is my daughter-in-law, Seo Joohyun.” Mrs. Lu introduced Seohyun to Mr. and Mrs. Choi.

Both of the elder Choi showed a stun expression on their face. It looked like they were shock that she is the Lu’s daughter-in-law.

“Daughter-in-law? As in Luhan’s wife?” Mrs. Choi asked. Both of Seohyun’s parents-in-law nodded with a satisfied smile which made Mr. and Mrs. Choi looked at each other with an unbelievable face. “But, our daughter said that Luhan is dating with her.” She continued.

The smiles from the elder Lu faded away with Mrs. Choi’s claimed that Luhan is dating with her daughter. Seohyun felt like her heart was stabbed with thousands of knife. Her eyes started to brim in tears with that revelation. She even could feel that their 10th year anniversary event won’t happen by now.

 


 

“Let’s go to that shop.” Luhan pointed at the jewelry shop.

Jieun’s eyes widened when Luhan said that he wanted to go that expensive jewelry shop. She felt so happy that Luhan is going to buy something for her.

Both of them entered the shop and were greeted by the workers there. Luhan’s eyes wandered while searching for something and went there in instant after his eyes landed on the display that placed the rings. Jieun followed him and her heart fluttered all of sudden upon seeing the rings.

Luhan looked at the rings on the display and asked the worker to take the ring that he wanted for him to look. He observed the ring closely and he was not satisfied with it. He asked the worker to take another ring. He kept doing that until he found the ring that he felt contented.

Jieun scoffed at Luhan’s choice of the ring. It looked so simple and doesn’t suit him at all. At least he should pick the one which have a lot of design. She would feel embarrassed wearing that later.

The worker gave a bag to Luhan and his eyes once again caught a necklace on display. He asked the worker about the price and he was interested to buy that necklace. He decided to buy that necklace and again, Jieun didn’t like with Luhan’s choice. She wondered why he likes something simple when he could’ve just bought something expensive to match with his wealthy people’s image.

 

After he bought the ring and the necklace, they walked along the shopping complex. Jieun pouted when Luhan bought something simple for her and hoping that he changed his mind to buy another that looked much better than the one he bought. Luhan noticed that Jieun looked so sad and asked her something. “Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?”

Jieun turned to Luhan with a pout and nodded.

“Well then, let’s go to the food court.” Luhan suggested.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Mr. and Mrs. Lu brought Seohyun along to the shopping complex to buy something for her wedding anniversary event. Seohyun didn’t have any mood to buy anything. How could she able to buy something for her wedding anniversary after she heard that Luhan is dating with Jieun from Jieun’s parents’ mouth?

Her parents-in-law felt bad for her but from her face, it seemed like Seohyun knew it all along about the two of them. Mrs. Lu decided to ask her about this. “My sweetheart, do you perhaps knew about them before?”

Seohyun turned to her with a bewildered look because she asked that kind question. She didn’t answer instead she nodded while looking down. Her tears threatened to fall and she tried to hold back to make sure that her mother-in-law didn’t saw it.

“Since when?” Mr. Lu asked after he heard his wife asking her about Luhan and Jieun.

Seohyun didn’t answer or more like she didn’t want to answer. She was afraid that her voice will crack if she answered and they knew that she’s crying. She didn’t want to cry in front of them.

Mrs. Lu hugged Seohyun and soothed her. She glared at her husband for making her hurt even more although she felt guilty for asking her. Then, Mr. Lu kneeled in front of her and lifted her face. He put his palms on her cheeks and caressed it with his thumb. “Don’t worry, my dear. We will always by your side. Luhan needs a huge scolding from both of us for hurting you.”

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

After shopping for awhile, Mr. Lu, Mrs. Lu, and Seohyun went to the food court because they were hungry and tired. Seohyun kept quiet all the time and spent most of her time daydreamed about earlier. Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Lu were talking about the business and their planning to expand it to another country.

Seohyun jumped a little when Mrs. Lu put her hand on her shoulder. “It’s time to go back.” Mrs. Lu told her. Seohyun blinked for awhile and nodded once she absorbed her mother-in-law’s word. Seohyun told them that she would like to go to the washroom for a while.

 

While Seohyun was about to make her way to the washroom, she froze and her heart ached when she saw Luhan and Jieun sitting together while eating. Luhan was talking to her happily and this is just reminded her of what happened 10 years ago. She couldn’t take it anymore. She thought that she wanted to go to them and went berserk towards them but this place had a lot of people and she didn’t want to humiliate her husband.

She stood still watching their moment. She wanted to cry when she saw Luhan took out a ring box and opened it while showing it to Jieun. Luhan was smiling when he showed it to her and Seohyun leaves that place immediately.

 

She came back a few minutes and her parents-in-law were worried because she took a long time in the washroom. Mrs. Lu was about to go to the washroom just to search for her because she thought that something might happened to Seohyun.

However, they noticed that Seohyun looked dull than before. Her eyes were swollen and a little bit red suggesting that she might be crying while she was in the washroom. They didn’t ask anymore as it could make her hurt again. That’s enough for what had their son done to her.

 


 

Omma? Omma!”

Seohyun startled when Taemin shook her shoulder. She didn’t realize that she was in reverie from the time she left the Lu’s mansion. Right now, Minho sent her and her children back to their home because Luhan told her that he will be back late tonight and asked Seohyun to go home first with their children. Seohyun as usual was so disappointed with that. Today is definitely her worst day and she couldn’t describe how worst it was.

“What is it, Taemin?” She asked Taemin.

“Sohee wants cookies.” He said shortly. “And we want cookies too.”

Seohyun smiled a little at him before she took a small basket that filled with the kids’ foods. She opened the plastic of the bag of cookie and gave them. She reminded them to not to mess the car since they were not in their father’s car. She watched them in bliss before she turned herself to the window’s car and stared absentmindedly.

 

“Seohyun-shi? Seohyun-shi?” Minho called Seohyun who was staring at the window’s car all the time for the ride but Seohyun seemed to be so lost in her thought.

Omma!” Sehun patted Seohyun’s arm and finally she became aware of that Sehun was calling her. She smiled and asked him why. “We have arrived, omma.” Sehun informed her.

Seohyun looked outside and saw Taemin, Jongin, and Sohee were waiting for her, waiting for her to open the door so that they could enter the house.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Seohyun and her children were having dinner without Luhan. Seohyun glanced at the clock hanging on the wall every one minute. She wondered what he was doing right now. She started to think a lot of negative things happened between Luhan and Jieun. Of course, she should trust her husband but she couldn’t help it to think about Luhan probably spending his time with Jieun in hotel or something. The more she thought about it, the more she felt hurt.

Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun noticed the gloomy look from their mother. They started to sense that something might happen between their parents and with their father absence for today’s dinner, they knew that both of them were not in a good term now. They too couldn’t help but felt sad as well. They didn’t want something bad happened to their parents.

The door was opened by someone making their thought disappear and their attention turned to the sound of the door opened.

Appa?” Sehun got down from the chair and went to the living room. Taemin and Jongin followed Sehun after they saw him running towards the living room.

Appa!”

Seohyun could hear her sons cheering when their father went back. Instead of welcoming him, she continued eating with Sohee and fed her blankly.

Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun dragged their father to the kitchen. Luhan smiled while looking at both Seohyun and Sohee totally unaware Seohyun’s despondent look. He kissed Sohee’s cheeks earning a chortle from her and then he kissed Seohyun’s forehead but she didn’t even spare a glance at him.

“Have you eaten?” She asked him coldly without looking at him.

“Yes, I did with someone.” He answered while pinching Sohee’s cheek.

Someone? “With who?” Jieun?

“With Jieun.” He answered shortly.

Seohyun put down the chopstick on the table harshly making her sons jumped in surprise but Luhan didn’t react to it because he didn’t notice at Seohyun’s action earlier. He was playing with Sohee.

“I need to take a shower first. Then, I will back, okay.” Luhan went to the upstairs for a shower.

Their sons looked at both of them in sorrow. That’s not what they wanted in the first place when they dragged their father here. They hoped nothing will happen to them.

 


 

The night time as usual, Luhan will play or read a book to his sons. He always did this for them every day. Seohyun wanted them to read books so that they would gain more knowledge or at least she wanted them to have more imagination in their mind. In the living room itself, they prepared a bookshelf for them to put their story books and either Luhan or Seohyun will read to them.

 

Oppa?” Seohyun called Luhan. “Sohee is sleeping so I want to go to the room first.”

Luhan nodded at her with a smile before he turned to the book that he read for his sons. He continued to read and when Seohyun disappeared from their sight, Taemin, Jongin, Sehun eyed each other like they asked one of them to ask something about their mother. Luhan noticed about his sons’ weird behavior and decided to ask them what’s going on.

Appa, is there anything happened to omma?” Taemin asked.

Luhan frowned with Taemin’s question. “What’s wrong with omma?”

Taemin told him on how their mother looked so glum today. Sehun also added that their mother was dreaming by the time she reached the mansion until they reached to the house. Appa, do you and omma perhaps-” Jongin asked but he couldn’t bear to ask it. Taemin and Sehun took a quick look at Jongin. They knew what he was going to ask their father in fact they didn’t even want to hear that word too. “Do appa and omma fought?” Jongin asked softly.

Luhan flinched when Jongin asked him whether he and Seohyun fought. He assured them that their parents didn’t fight which made them relieved but they asked why their mother acted like that. “I don’t know but appa will ask omma about that, okay?”

 


 

Luhan went to the room and saw Seohyun and Sohee were sleeping. He looked at Seohyun. His sons’ words still lingered in his mind and he couldn’t stop thinking about it. According to them, Seohyun looked so gloomy today and he needed to know why. He went to her and woke her up. He didn’t care if she was sleeping or not but he wants to talk to her now.

“Joohyun! Joohyun! Wake up!” He woke her softly so that Sohee didn’t awake.

Seohyun groaned when Luhan woke her and Luhan whispered to her ear saying that he needs to talk to her now outside their room. She woke up and followed him to one of the room which will become Sohee’s room later. By the time they reached there, rain started to fall heavily.

 

“What do you want?” She asked sleepily.

“Our sons said that you looked so sad today. Is there anything happened?” He began.

Seohyun kept quiet and avoid Luhan’s eye contact. “Nothing happened.” She tried to sound like it but it’s really hurtful especially when Luhan was the one who asked her that.

“If nothing happened, then why our sons said that? They even asked me if we fought-”

“Our sons knew that there is something wrong with me. Do you even know if I have a problem?” A lightning flashed and a small thunder crashed was heard after Seohyun said that.

“How am I supposed to know when you’re not telling your problem to me? How am I supposed to know when you said ‘nothing happened’ to me?” Luhan raised his voice when he started to lose his patient.

“Do you know that I’m hurting inside because of you? Do you know how much heartache I’ve gone through today? Do you know what have you done that made me so heartbroken? Do you even know?” Seohyun screamed at the top of her lungs all her frustration to Luhan.

Luhan was silent after Seohyun’s outburst. Seohyun wiped her tears because of that. She didn’t intend to scream at him but it’s too much for her to keep it inside. “I-I don’t want to fight with you. Please leave me alone. I just want to stay away from you for awhile.” She said softly before she left him dumbfounded with her words.

 

BOOM

 

Seohyun screamed when a loud thunder crashed came making the room leaves in darkness. Luhan rushed to Seohyun and straight away hugged her knowing her fear of thunder and lightning.

“Are you okay?” He asked her in concern.

They heard a crying voice in their room. “Sohee!” They said in unison. Both of them quickly to their room and Sohee was crying because of the thunder earlier. Seohyun held her and rubbed her back while cooing.

Appa! Omma!” Other voices were heard from the door. It was their sons who came from another room. They climbed up the bed and Luhan hugged them while trying to calm all of them.

 

The thunder crash brought the family together.

 

 

 

 

 


Well, we have kind of fluffy and romantic Seohan in last chapter, how about a little bit conflict? I know you don't like Seohan with conflict.

Honestly, I can't describe the thunder crash sounds like. I tried to search for it but it says 'boom' so that's why I used it but I don't think thunder supposed to sound 'boom'. Then, I remembered EXO's song, Thunder where they sang 'boom, boom, boom, boom, boom'.