Chapter 4

For the First Time in Forever

 

All the family members slept in the living room after the thunder crashed happened causing all of them frightened in fear. Luhan covered them with a blanket while making sure that they are asleep. Then, he went towards Seohyun who was sleeping with Sohee and caressed her head gently. Her words earlier couldn’t leave from his mind. He felt guilty but he had no idea what he had done that made her hurt.

 

Appa!”

Luhan turned to Sehun who was awake all of sudden because of another thunder crash. The thunder crash awoke Sehun but not the other because it was not as loud as before. He went to him and Sehun hugged his father tightly, clearly that he is still afraid with it.

Luhan sat on the sofa bed and rubbed his back gently while humming a lullaby. After a while, Sehun is finally sleeping but his hands were clutching tightly onto his father shirt making it’s hard to separate him from Luhan. He didn’t mind that in fact, he didn’t sleep at all. He woke up every time the thunder crashed to make sure that they were not awake because of it. Of course he is sleepy but he didn’t want to sleep. Let his wife and children sleep peacefully while he stayed awake to protect them.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Seohyun woke up the next morning and realized that they were sleeping in the living room. She looked at her children who were still sleeping. Her eyes find the clock that was hanging on the wall to know the time is now. It’s still early and she needed to prepare their breakfast. She got down from the sofa bed and headed to the kitchen when she heard a sound from the dining room.

She entered the dining room and saw Luhan who was busy rolling a roll of kimbap. He didn’t notice her presence yet and she looked at his face that seemed to be so tired and drowsy. He covered his wide-opened mouth when yawning with his back of his hand. Finally, he saw her standing at the entrance of the dining room.

He smiled sweetly at her and greeted ‘good morning’ before he took another seaweed paper and placed a spoonful of rice on it.

Seohyun went to him and Luhan was arranging some of the sticks on top of the rice. Her eyes were on the fried egg and frowned while looking at it. “Did you fry that egg?”

Luhan turned to look at the disaster looking egg that he failed to fry it. “I don’t know how to roll it.” He said shyly while continuing his story why the egg became like that. He fried it by putting the egg in to the frying pan and the egg covered the bottom of the pan completely making it hard to move. Furthermore, the top part of the egg is still uncooked and he tried to flip it but didn’t know how. “I tried to flip it by lifting the pan several times but it breaks into pieces.”

She just watched him how he put the rice onto the seaweed paper. “Put it a little bit more.” She told him because he put too little of rice from her eyes. Luhan followed her order by adding another spoonful of rice and it became too much. “I said little not spoonful!” She scolded him.

He was smiling after he made a mistake before he covered his mouth again when yawned. Seohyun noticed that and decided to ask him why he looked so tired. “I didn’t sleep at all.” He answered shortly.

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows at his answer. “Why?”

“I didn’t want to. I’m afraid that the kids will wake up if they cried because of thunder again.” He picked a crab stick and placed it on top of other ingredients that were placed on the rice. He rolled the kimbap and removed the bamboo mat from it.

“You have to make sure that the roll is tight. If not, everything will fall off.” Seohyun pointed another mistake when Luhan rolled the kimbap. He really didn’t know how to do it. She looked at the other kimbap that was made by him and she’s totally sure that the rice and other ingredients will fall off when cut. It can also make the kimbap shape uneven.

Luhan yawned again and Seohyun couldn’t bear to see him like this. She removed the plastic gloves that were on Luhan’s hand while making the kimbap. “Go to sleep for awhile, oppa. I will do this. I will wake you up when it’s time.”

He looked at her with a sweet smile that he always gave to her. Usually, she will blush every time he smiled at her like that but not today though. He stood in front of her and lifted her chin but she avoided his eyes. Placing his hands on her cheeks, he leaned to her and crashed his lips to hers. His hand then moved to her nape to deepen the kiss and he will never forget to bite her lips for him to enter.

Seohyun pulled away from the kiss when she started to lose her breath. She breathed heavily to catch her breath while Luhan kissed her neck and nibbled it as well as it gently making Seohyun pushed him away. He was dumbfounded with her action because normally she didn’t push him like this.

But that’s not what he cared about. He grabbed her waist forcefully and leaned to her ear. She expected that he would do some sensual moves that he always loves to do but instead all she could hear from her ear is only his breathing. They stayed in the position for a long time as Seohyun was waiting for him for his next move.

 

“I love you, Joohyun.”

Seohyun hesitated whether those words are coming from his heart or just his mouth and she didn’t know which one she should believed. Of course there is no doubt that she loves him but can’t accept everything of what happened yesterday. It’s too much for her. He should know that his every action will be noticed by her and he also should know his action can affect her too. If he noticed that, he would explain to her.

“No matter what I did that I accidently hurt you, I just want you to know that I will always love you. There is no one else.” Luhan whispered before he let go of her and walked out from the dining room without looking at her.

Seohyun kept looking at him after he broke the hug and disappeared from her sight. His action totally confused her. Is he really loves her or he is just playing with her feelings? Those answer, only Luhan knows it.

 


 

Luhan was reading some files at his office while Seohyun is lost in her own world again. She really didn’t want to come to work today. Why? Because Jieun is here. She rather stayed at home, taking care of Sohee than staying here with a heartbroken again. Today, Jieun came to his office and brought a coffee for him and Luhan just drank it without noticing a jealous look from his wife. She wants to go home now.

 

“Joohyun?” Luhan called her but she is motionless. He went to her and shook her shoulder gently earning a blank look from her. “I’m having a meeting now.”

“So?” This is the first time he is telling her that he has a meeting. Okay, not the first time ever but the first time since he worked with Jieun. She thought that he would wait for Jieun to come happily and goes with her.

“You’re coming with me, remember?” Luhan didn’t understand with her strange behavior today. It seemed like she’s trying to act cold towards him.

“Where is Jieun? Isn’t that supposed to be her job? Being with you?” She raised her eyebrow while saying those words sarcastically. But she felt hurt for saying that.

“But this meeting is regarding the Choi’s company. You know the details about them but not Jieun. Now, get your lazy off from this chair and follow me.”

Lazy? She’s far from being lazy. She was an outcast, being ostracized from him.

 

“Before that, I want to attach this at the notice board outside.” Luhan took a card from his table and showed it to Seohyun. “Do you like it?”

It was an invitation for their wedding anniversary event. He put the date and the place where it will be held which is in the Lu’s company’s hall. There is also a picture of both of them in which Seohyun finds them embarrassing to look at. The picture is fine for them to look but for the staffs to look is just too cringe worthy. Putting a picture of both of them in the card is just too cheesy for her.

“Do you like it, Joohyun? I made this yesterday. It’s really hard but I finally did it alone. It looks so cute and pretty. It took hours to complete this. That’s why I came home late yesterday.” Luhan explained to her why he came back late because he wanted to finish this card that he made just for their anticipated event.

Seohyun let out a small smile while looking at the card. Actually, she tried to hide her embarrassment.

Luhan felt disappointed when she didn’t give any respond to his own-made invitation card and he assumed that she didn’t like it. He put down the card with a pout. “You don’t like it?” He asked sadly.

Seohyun looked at his pouty look. Suddenly, she felt bad for him. He worked hard alone for this and she knew it’s not easy to make an own-made card. She gave him a gentle smile. “I like it.” Luhan expression changed when she said she likes it. “But that picture looks so awkward.” She gave a comment about the picture that disturbed her since she looked at it.

Luhan looked at the card again with a frown and then he looked at Seohyun. “Awkward? But this picture looked so nice. It’s cute and you look so beautiful while I look so handsome in this picture.” He gave a reason. “Let’s go to the meeting and put this on the notice board.”

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Luhan and Seohyun were on their way to the meeting room when they encountered with Jieun. Jieun who saw Luhan quickly bowed to him and greeted with a happy smile. “Where are you going, Luhan-shi?”

Luhan smiled at her as usual. “I’m going for a meeting. I have a meeting with your father.”

Jieun nodded before she bowed at him and walked away. Seohyun felt like burning inside when these two were talking. At least she felt glad that Jieun called Luhan as ‘Luhan-shi’ not ‘Luhan oppa’.

 

Jieun walked to the office with a haughty look. Everyone in the office voiced a dislike towards Jieun because she often acted like a boss when Luhan wasn’t around. She also claimed that all the staffs should follow her words because she is Luhan’s assistant and no one should talk back to her.

When she arrived at the office, she noticed that the staffs were assembled at the notice board while murmuring something. She crossed her arms and looked at them cockily. “What are you doing here? Don’t you have a work to do? Now it’s not a time for you to chit-chat or lazy around here. Go to work now!” She said bossily.

The staffs were mumbling about her order and Jieun knew that they were talking behind her back.

“You know that you shouldn’t talk back to me or even talking about me behind my back! If I found you talking behind my back, I won’t hesitate to tell your boss to fire you or maybe I just fire you myself.” She threatened all the staffs who were now trying to look away from her eyes.

Jieun walked towards the notice board to look at what’s the fuss that they were looking at. Her eyes widened when she saw an invitation card of Luhan and Seohyun’s 10th year anniversary event. She pulled the card harshly and held it to the staffs. “Who is the one who put this on the notice board?” She yelled at them. The staffs were quiet and didn’t dare to look at her. “Answer me!”

“I-It’s the boss.” One of the staffs answered.

However, Jieun wasn’t satisfied with the answer. “Tell me the truth! Don’t involve your boss here just to cover up your !”

“I-It’s true. T-The boss was the one who-who put that. I saw it. He-He was with Seohyun-shi.” The staff told her.

Jieun gritted with her teeth while looking at the card again. She crumpled up the card and threw it on the floor before stormed off to somewhere.

The staffs exhaled a relief breath when Jieun went out from the office. Everyone started to mumble about her again. “What is wrong with her? Who does she think she is?” One of the staffs grumbled.

“I know, right? She acts like she is a boss when she is actually just a trainee here. Our position is higher than her.” Another staff added.

“Does she even know that Miss Seohyun is Mr. Luhan’s wife? I mean she should know about that since he told the new staffs that he is married and his wife is working with him and warned them not to interrupt his private life.” The staff wondered about that. After everyone found out that she is the boss’s wife 2 years ago, Luhan declared to the new staffs that he is married and have 4 children so that none of the female staffs will try to flirt or seduce him.

“Speaking about Miss Seohyun, she never acts like a boss even though she is actually the boss’s wife.”

“Yes, I remembered when she came here for the first time. That time she was pregnant and her table was placed outside because of her request but the boss treated her like a queen and a lot of staffs were jealous of her. No one knows that she is the boss’s wife until one of the staffs was reprimanded by him because she badmouthed about his wife.” The old staff recalled.

“She is really nice too. I don’t know that she is the boss’s wife when I came here for the first day. No one told me that she is the one so that’s why I’m so confused why I’ve seen here going back and forth to the boss’s office.” A new staff said.

The staffs continued murmuring about Jieun’s attitude earlier and compared it with Seohyun.

 


 

Jieun stomped off to the meeting room to have a ‘nice talk’ to someone. Once she reached in front of the meeting room, without knocking, she entered the room leaving all the people surprised because they were having a meeting.

Her eyes roamed to the meeting room to search someone specific. She turned to her left and gritted her teeth when she finally found that someone. She walked towards that person and slapped her earning a gasp from everyone in the meeting room.

Seohyun touched her cheek after Jieun slapped her all of sudden. She didn’t know why she slapped her and she was pleasantly surprised with that.

“You useless woman! I know what your intention is when you work here. You come here to seduce not to work. I don’t want to see your face tomorrow. You’re fired!” Jieun spat angrily to Seohyun and she felt satisfied with it. It’s been a long time she wanted to say this.

Mr. Lu was angry with Jieun’s attitude and was about to stand up to defend his daughter-in-law but another voice was heard. “Who are you to fire her? You don’t even have a right to slap her especially that you slapped her in front of me!”

Everyone turned to the owner of that voice and it’s Luhan who was the one who said that in furious tone. Jieun surprised to see Luhan was trying to defend her and she tried to find a reason why she slapped Seohyun. “She-She did nothing to our company. Why did you even hire her in the first place?” She couldn’t tell him the real reason which is that she is jealous that Luhan is going to marry with Seohyun not her.

Luhan walked to them and stood in front of Seohyun like he was protecting her. “Well, she did her job today, didn’t she? In fact, my father was the one who told her not to work with me for awhile until your training finished. Before you came, she was the one who did all the work. I’m not sure which part did you mean that she did nothing to my father’s company.”

Jieun was stumped when she basically dug her own grave with her statements. However, she tried to act like nothing happened and continued to blame Seohyun. “What if she doesn’t really want to work? What if she works because she wants your attention?”

“What’s wrong with that? She is my wife! Of course I would give a lot of attention to her.” Luhan retorted.

Jieun gasped with the revelation. “You’re married? But we’re dating.”

Everyone started to murmur with Jieun’s statement. Luhan raised his eyebrow when she said that he is dating with her. “Didn’t I tell you that I’m married and have four children? And what does that mean that we’re dating?”

“We did date 10 years ago.” Jieun told him.

“So you’re saying that we’re dating now because I dated you 10 years ago?” Jieun slowly nodded. Luhan scoffed, “Jieun-shi, did you just compare our so-called relationship for a half day 10 years ago with my 10 years relationship with my wife? Besides that, when did I ever say that I’m dating you?”

“You already bought a ring and a necklace for me for your proposal to me.” Jieun said in confidence.

Luhan’s eyes widened when she mentioned that. “I told you not to mention about that ring and necklace.” Seohyun looked at him sadly and Luhan noticed a pair of eyes that filled with hurt feelings watching him. Looking at her eyes, he softened and turned to Jieun. He groaned while facing her and took a deep breath. He also noticed that his father was looking at him in irk. “I’m sorry to burst your bubble but no, that’s not for you. I told you to keep it secret because that ring and necklace are surprise for my wife. If you think it was for proposal, then yes but to my wife.”

Jieun couldn’t say anything after hearing the truth from Luhan. She couldn’t believe that everything happened was all her imagination not because Luhan really likes her.

“Enough!” Mr. Lu stood up from the seat while stopping both of them. “Luhan, take Seohyun to your office now. Be with her and explain everything to her.” He said softly.

Luhan nodded and bowed to everyone in the meeting room and apologized to them for causing a ruckus while they were on meeting. Then, he wrapped his arm around Seohyun and dragged her out from the meeting room while looking at her, feeling regret with everything that he had done.

 


 

Every staffs turned to their boss and his wife who entered the office just now. They thought something probably happened in the meeting room that they came here.

Luhan saw the card has been crumpled up on the floor and he took it before opened it back. He sighed but didn’t attach it back on the notice board. He dragged his wife into his office and they could hear that their boss locked the door as a sign that the two of them need a time.

 

Luhan dragged Seohyun to the couch and made her sit beside him. He pulled her head slowly to his chest and caressed her arm gently. They stayed in that position for a while before Luhan lifted her face to face him. He looked at her and kissed her lips. It was a soft and gentle at first but then it turned into a very passionate kiss and Luhan started to make it rough.

He bit her lower lip so that she opened for him and when she did, he slid his tongue inside her and their tongue battled together.

Seohyun gripped Luhan’s coat tightly as her tongue collided with his tongue. She wanted to win so badly but Luhan is pro in this. She lost her breath but she didn’t want to give up. Luhan knew that she needs to breath and even he needs it too but he didn’t want to push her away as he was too immersed in the kiss. She knew that she can’t take it anymore as she pushed him away and breathed loudly while catching her breath.

Luhan did the same thing too but he won’t stop as he kissed her neck then to her jaw line. He started to kiss her forehead, then to her tip of her nose, after that, her chubby cheeks and lastly, her kissable soft lips. But mostly, Luhan gave a number of pecks on her left cheek after she was slapped by Jieun.

Then, they hugged each other again while Luhan caressing her silky hair. He took a deep breath and heaved it slowly. “I’m sorry. I don’t know that I hurt you a lot.” He started. “I really don’t know that she has a feeling for me because I clearly told her that I’m married.” He put his chin on top of her head. “I didn’t know that she was flirting with me. Maybe it’s because I love you so much that I don’t care and realized about everything she did.”

Seohyun felt regret for accusing him a lot of things between him and Jieun. Now she knows why he had no clue why she felt upset all of sudden that both of them ended up arguing yesterday. She removed from his hug and looked at him. “No, it’s me. I’m the one who was supposed to say sorry. I accused you a lot of things. How am I not upset when my husband is with other girl?” Seohyun told him about her concern.

He smiled and put his hands between her cheeks. “Do you think I like working with other girl? Especially I have to leave my wife alone in the office? Well, thanks to my father who made that idea and now he is looking at me like I did something wrong.”

She remembered how her father-in-law said that Luhan needs some scolding from them when he was just doing his job that his father asked to. Even his father was the one who told her not to work with him for awhile until Jieun’s training is finished.

“But thanks to her, I have a lot of things to plan for our wedding anniversary.” Luhan added.

Seohyun was confused for a moment. “Does that mean that you planned our wedding anniversary with Jieun?” She didn’t know why she felt hurt of that.

“Yes. But I’ve never thought that she thought I was planning for her.” He chuckles before he let go of her and went to his table. He searched for something in the cabinet and took out a ring box that she saw before. He opened it and smiled before he opened a necklace box and smiled again. He brought it to Seohyun and showed the box to her. “This is supposed to be a surprise for you but thanks to , she ruined it.” He muttered in annoyed.

Seohyun wanted to look at the ring and the necklace that he chose but he said no. He said that this is for the surprise and he forbade her to look at it until their wedding anniversary.

 

While they were enjoying their moment together, the door was knocked making Luhan groaned because he thought that it might be Jieun. He opened the door and Mr. Choi was the one who knocking the door. Only Mr. Choi. There is no sight of Jieun at all which made him glad.

Mr. Choi wanted to discuss about the commotion earlier and he apologized on behalf of Jieun. He told Luhan that he didn’t let Jieun to see Luhan because it might hurt Seohyun and perhaps that Luhan is still angry at her about what happened. He also informed that Jieun’s training will be end by today and she will start her training once again in his company.

He also went to Seohyun and apologized to her again and again. Seohyun forgave him but she said that she doesn’t have to forgive him because it’s not entirely his fault.

 

After Mr. Choi leaves Luhan’s office, Luhan locked the door again and sat beside Seohyun on the couch. He pulled Seohyun’s leg to his right side and hugged her tightly. He lifted her right hand and put it around his neck before he leaned to her chest.

Seohyun slowly pushed his head away from her chest as she knew his intention but Luhan leaned on her chest again while muttering something, “Hmm, my big and soft pillow.” He muttered as he tightened his hug.

“You ert! Why did I get married with you?” She snapped at him.

“Because I’m a ert and you’re a ert. Aren’t we a great match?” He said casually.

“No! I’m not a ert. You’re a ert!”

“And you love it.” Luhan said and he shut her babbling mouth with a kiss.

 

 

 

 

 


Err, nothing special with this chapter. It's just Luhan being ert towards Seohyun only.

Anyway, what day is tomorrow? It's Seohyun's birthday!!!! YAY!!! I just want to say Happy Advanced Birthday, Seohyun!

p/s: I just celebrated my birthday on 25th June. Hehehe.