Realization.

I Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6, "Yoongi?" My smile falls.   "Are you meeting with him?" He asks awkwardly.   I nod. "Yeah."   "Well can you spare a few minutes before you go?" He moistens his lips.   "I guess." I answer slightly confused.   He steps forward and takes a couple of breaths before looking up into my eyes. He steps forward some more. When he was about five feet away he stops.   "Hyejin, I like you." He breaths out.   My heart stops. What did he just say? My eyes widen.   Did he just say what I think he just said?   I like you.   I-I don't know what to say. I have always wanted to hear those words but just whenever I've fully given up do those old dreams come true.   It's a little selfish of him. It's like me being with someone else set him off. Why wouldn't you confess earlier?   I was an open book, there was no way he didn't know that I liked him. I am easy to read most of the time.   "I just wanted to tell you that." He speaks up once more. "I want you to leave him and stay with me."   I stayed silent. A part of me wanted to drop to my knees and burst into tears of happiness. That same part wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him I like you too.   But that part of me is overwhelmed by the other half of me. Which was on the majority. The other half doesn't want him anymore. He had his chance and now he thinks he can sway my decision by this little confession.   Yoongi pulls me into a hug. "Please."   A tear slides down my cheek. Over Yoongi's shoulder I saw Jimin standing not too far away. From the expression on his face I could tell he heard everything.   It broke my heart to see the look on his face. A large frown and dull eyes stared back at me. He steps backwards before stepping away out of my sight.   I try and take a step around Yoongi but he stops me. "Are you going to answer me?"   I put my right hand to my face covering my eyes. Damn that look on Jimin's face, it's got me feeling all sorts of weird things.   "Hyejin?" Yoongi pulls my hand away from my face.   I let out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry." I say to him. I look him in the eyes. "Had you came and told me this three or four months ago I would've happily accepted your confession."   I pause. "But do you know how long I've waited to hear you say what you just said? I waited for almost seven years. I embarrassed myself on a daily basis to prove to you that I was in love with you. But you always pushed me away..."   "Hyejin?"   "Let me finish." I say startling him. "And now here you are confessing your liking towards me? Right whenever you've found out that I've moved on?" I scoff. "It doesn't work that way with me, Yoongi."   "I-." He pauses. Emotional pain emitted inside me. Not because of my rejection towards him but because of Jimin. Everything I was feeling right now was because of him.   "I have to go." I sigh. "I'm really sorry, Yoongi. I hope we can still be friends."   I move around him but he stopped me once again.   "At least tell me you like the guy right?"    Do I like Jimin? Hmm, considering my sudden emotional wreck of a brain and body I must be. I wanted to be with him. He made me happy.   He was the ray of light in my life that had been dark since the day I decided to stop pursing Yoongi. He was cocky, yes. We fight all the time too. But that was what I somehow came to love.   Somehow I can't even imagine a day without Jimin harassing me or vice versa.   "Yes I do." I answer.   "One last question." He bites his lip.   "Hmm."   "Is he a good guy?"   I nod. "Everyone has him pegged as something he's not. I think he's a very sweet guy who likes to say cheesy things to try and impress me."   Yoongi lets out a low chuckle. "I'm sorry I confessed so late."   "It's okay. I want to thank you because I don't think this would've happened otherwise."                           I knock on Jimin's front door and Mrs. Park answers. I press a finger to my lips to shush her.   "Hyejin." She whispers. I wave goodbye to Namjoon as he drives off. He and my brother's talk was brief but he says he got everything across to him and that I needed to give Jin some time.   "Where's Jimin?" I whisper back.   "He's in his room. He seemed a little off earlier can you cheer him up a bit?"   I nod. "Yeah, I can."   I quietly head upstairs to his room. I open his door and see that he's lying face down on his bed.   I quickly pounce on his back.   "Ow." He groans and looks back to see who's on top of him.   "Boo." I tickle at his sides.   "Hyejin? What are you doing here?" He asks turning over. I sit down straddling his hips and cross my arms over my chest.   "Why didn't you wait at the park?"   "I overheard something I didn't want to hear and I didn't want to stay and hear more."   "Hmm..." I put a finger to my lips.   "Why aren't you with Yoongi?" He questions me.   "I turned him down, that's why." I smirk.   "What?" He sits up quickly. "But he's the guy you've liked for like ever?"   "No he's not. I haven't liked him for over three months now." I scoff. "I told you he's been pissing me off lately."   "You really rejected him?"   I nod.   "Why?"   "Well for one, like I said earlier, I don't like him like that anymore. And two I like someone else."   "Really? Who?" He asks confused.   I giggle. "What happened to your cocky self? Wouldn't right about now be the time you said something like, 'I know you like me?'"   "Well I am very irresistible." He fans himself.   I snort rolling my eyes. I move in and give him a peck on the lips.   I pull away and his eyes are wide.   "Wait?" His facial expression changes many times but finally settles on a smile. "You like me?"   "Nah, how'd you guess?" I smirk.   He pulls me down for a sweet kiss.   "I like you too." He smiles onto my lips.   "You better." I reply.   "Will you be my girlfriend?" He quickly asks.   "I don't know? It sounds like hard work." I pull my lips away from him a bit to smirk down at him.   He pouts.   "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." I chuckle pressing my lips back onto his.                             After officially getting our together Jimin and I head downstairs to tell his grandma the news.   His grandma was watching the evening news whenever we entered the living room. She smiles when she sees the wide smile on Jimin's face.   "I knew you could cheer him up." She chuckles. "Why were you upset in the first place?"   "I almost lost someone important to me."   "That's why I keep telling you to get a girlfriend to take care of you! You're a mess!" She sighs. "Maybe she'll distract you from all the hardships you've gone through in your life."   I bite my lip. I remember whenever I found out about Jimin's parents. His mom left their family. She left her own son, because she didn't want to deal with being tied down. Then there was his father who died from alcoholism not long after she left.   Lucky for him Mrs. Park his grandmother took him in and cared for him.   He laughs a bit. "Well grandma I've fulfilled your wishes."   "Huh?" She says confused.   "I have a girlfriend." He smiles wide. My heart flutters at the sight of it.   "What?" Her jaw drops. "Hyejin, is he messing with me?"   I let out a small giggle. "No he's not."   "Oh my god." She stands as fast as her seventy-four year old self can stand and pulls Jimin into an embrace. "I can die happily now knowing this."   "Don't die on me yet." Jimin responds hugging her tight.   "But wait are you over you know who?" She backs away looking into his eyes. "Oh never mind that, you'll learn to love her anyways. When are you going to introduce me to her?"   I finally decide to step in. "Hi, I'm Kim Hyejin, Jimin's girlfriend." I bow.   "You? Hyejin?" She says shocked. "You've finally asked her out?" She turns to Jimin.   "Grandma you're embarrassing me." He pouts.   Mrs. Park pats him on the shoulder before pushing him out of the way. She takes my face into her hands.   "Please take care of him." She smiles wide. She's too cute.   "I'll try he's pretty hard headed." I smile trying to hide my smirk.   "No I'm not." He scoffs.   Mrs. Park chuckles. "I'm glad that you're finally together! I remember the day that he told me he had a crush on this girl." She chuckles. "When I found out it was you I was ecstatic because I knew you were a good person."   "Ah, thanks." I smile. "Won't you tell me about the time he told you he liked me?"   "How about we don't..." Jimin starts.   "Oh hush." Mrs. Park puts a finger to his lips. "I've been waiting for this day for a long time."   Flashback:   -Jimin's POV-   I thought people said high school was fun? I thought that being a Freshman would be the time of my life.   In ways it was good. I had just started puberty prior to school starting. I got my armpit hair finally, now the guys couldn't make fun of me and call me a gir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter