Teaser #o7 : TOUCHDOWN!

The Puppet Show - a high school story filled with scandal

 

First off, Merry Christmas to all! XD

And now, revealing the 3rd female lead in the story, who is a junior. xD

I had a hard time thinking of a perfect teaser for your character.

So maybe this isn't my best so hope you don't mind, and would still enjoy this teaser as well as everyone else. XD

- Teaser # o7 -

 

 
GET IN THE GAME
It’s been a pretty tough week for yours truly. With everyone still wary of sending me the dirt on who LJ's little date last week was, I’ve had to seek it out for myself. But don’t worry, I will get over this rough patch. And like Gloria Gaynor said, I will survive.
 
 
People love to play games. Most of the time these games are fun and innocent. But when it comes to playing with our hearts and our heads, that’s when people can truly get hurt and the fun immediately stops.
 
 
Per se, LJ and A? Who is now known as the 'Cheating Couple'. Seems like all the 'Perfect Couple' thing didn't last very long when LJ keeps on hooking up with other girls. And from my latest scoop, LJ's been hooking up with his best friend Seo Jooyoon.
 
 
You know SJ, the sporty kid who keeps on hanging out with the guys, playing different kinds of sports here and there. Yea, that kid.
 
 
Well, I knew there was something a little off with how close they are even though they're best friends. It seems like they are more than just best friends. Isn't the best friend just stay as the best friend? 
 
 
I just wonder what LJ saw in her. Aside from the obvious athletic talent, SJ's a real looker. Minus the lack of curves and s, that A clearly was blessed with.
 
 
 
For Seo Jooyoon, spending time with Lee Joon and their group of guy friends without getting awkward was easier than she thought it would be. Okay, maybe not. Ever since they slept with each other, she'd been avoiding him and he'd been avoiding her too. At least he started to avoid her three days after their one night together.
 
 
 
Joon tried to talk to her at school, but she kept finding ways to blow him off or avoid him altogether. She was still pissed with him, for using her so that he could make his girlfriend jealous. And being the good best friend she is, she agreed to his little ploy. Maybe she was just a masochist? Whatever. Ignoring him, was for the best anyway. They needed to get over each other and move on.
 
 
 
That one night they spend together was due to being drunk and the they had going for too long. It meant nothing for both parties. He has a freggin' girlfriend that he loves, or not. And besides, they're best friends. They knew better than to break their friendship over some one time thing, right? They were effin' trapped in a freggin' friend zone!
 
 
 
"Hey, Yoonie," Kim Taeyeon greeted, lightly knocking on the open door of the bathroom they shared in their dorm room.
 
 
 
"Hey," Jooyoon turned around and smiled at her other best friend, who was leaning against the door frame with a game jersey in her hand and a smile on her face. "Big game tonight."
 
 
 
"I know," Taeyeon's smile grew bigger. "And you're going to be there tonight, right?" Jooyoon nodded, sports is after all her passion. "Good. I assume that's why you're sitting in front of that mirror, trying to figure out if you should make yourself look cute or not," she grinned. 
 
 
 
Jooyoon's jaw dropped and Taeyeon smirked. "Puh-lease baby girl, don't act so surprised. I know you pretty well, remember?"
 
 
 
"Yeah," she sighed. "I don't know if I want to try to look good if it's going to be cold outside and the party isn't until later tonight."
 
 
 
"I'm sure you'll look fine in anything you decide to wear," Taeyeon assured her.
 
 
 
"Thanks, unnie," Jooyoon smiled. "You're supposed to say that because you're my best friend," she then nodded at the jersey in her hands, and gave her a teasing smile. "Is that from Rein?"
 
 
 
Taeyeon slightly blushed but was able to composed herself and shook her head. "Nope. Unfortunately, I don't get to wear this jersey tonight," a lazy grin spread across her face. "This jersey, Jooyoon my love, is for you and yours only," she threw it at her.
 
 
 
Jooyoon frowned. "Unnie, I really think that you should wear this. . ." she unfolded the jersey and cut her sentence short. Rein's football number was sixteen. But there wasn't a sixteen on the jersey. It was a twenty-two. And twenty-two was Joon's football number. 
 
 
 
Jooyoon looked at her, mouth slightly hanging open. Taeyeon's eyes danced in amusement. "Unnie, I can't wear this. This is supposed to be for Alicia. I mean, you know, his girlfriend? Just take it and give it back to-"
 
 
 
Taeyeon interrupted her. "That's why I can't wear that jersey. Since I already got Rein's. And besides, Alicia's a cheerleader. So, no way could she wear that during a game," she winked. "Joon wants you to wear it, Yoonie. No one else but you," she said quietly. "You are someone special to him. And he said that if you wear it, it'll bring them good luck. He thinks he can play better with you wearing his number."
 
 
 
Jooyoon looked from Taeyeon to the jersey in her hands. "Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, we're not exactly talking right now. Shouldn't he give this to someone else? Per se, his girlfriend?" 
 
 
 
Taeyeon shook her head. "You don't get it, do you, Yoonie?" she asked. "He doesn't want anyone to have it but you. And don't even try to give it back to me because I know you and I know you'll wear it to the game tonight. Hell, I even know that you'll probably cheer for him the loudest out of all the people in the stands."
 
 
 
Jooyoon arched an eyebrow, but she kept her eyes on Joon's jersey in her hands. "What makes you say that?" she asked, looking up at her.
 
 
 
"Because," Taeyeon's tone was matter-of-fact, "you're in love with him," she grinned. "And he loves you, even though he's stuck with she-who-must-not-be-named."
 
 
 
Jooyoon looked at her, dumbfounded. Kim ing Taeyeon. Yeah, she sure as hell knew her really well. Damn her. 
 
 
 
"I'll take your silence as a sign that I'm right," she chuckled. "Anyway, I should get ready. The game is gonna start in a couple hours."
 
 
 
"Yeah," Jooyoon nodded.
 
 
 
"And you'll be wearing that?" Taeyeon nodded at the jersey.
 
 
 
"We'll see," she said.
 
 
 
*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・
 
 
 
Jooyoon had never been more nervous in her life. Actually, she wasn't really nervous, she was anxious more than anything, especially when it comes to games. She was sitting in the stands next to Taeyeon, Mimi and Naru, intently watching the football game. Taeyeon was in Rein's jersey much to Naru's hatred, Mimi in Doojoon's jersey, and against her better judgment, she had Joon's jersey over her dark blue long sleeve shirt. It was a little big and kind of heavy on her body, but she bunched up the back and secured it with a hair tie, tucking up the extra part underneath the back of the jersey.
 
 
 
She bumped into Alicia earlier, when she went to the washroom a few moments ago. And to make the whole bumping-into-each-other-story short. Queen Bee wasn't at all smiles and joy, when she saw Jooyoon wearing her boyfriend's jersey.
 
 
 
A catfight would have formally took place, if Alicia wasn't called by her coach. Breaking up, the glare-fest. 
 
 
 
But that wasn't why Jooyoon was full of anxiety and nervousness. Hell, bumping into Alicia wouldn't even scare her. She always hated the girl, and her becoming Joon's girlfriend didn't diminish the hatred whatsoever.
 
 
 
The cause of Jooyoon's anxiety is due to the fact that they were down to the last two minutes of the game and neither team had scored a touchdown yet. The score was still zero to zero. And the crowd was going crazy with anticipation. In fact, she could have sworn that everyone was on their feet and holding their breath. 
 
 
 
The Alpha's opponent currently had possession of the ball, but they were on their final down in Alpha territory. They had about twenty yards to make the touchdown and ten yards to get a first down. And if they got the first down and then the touchdown, their team, the Alpha's would need to fight like hell to tie the score so they could go into overtime.
 
 
 
The offense could have—should have—gone for the field goal, but the Alpha's defense had done a great job at blocking the kick each time they went for one. It was only twenty yards to a TD, so the opposing team must have figured they could make the drive. 
 
 
 
Once the offense's quarterback had the ball snapped, the Alpha's defense was on the move. They knocked blockers out of the way and in the blink of an eye, Doojoon tackled the quarterback. Sacked. Thank the Lord. The crowd cheered for Doojoon and the other guys on the team patted him on the back and the helmet, their way of saying good job for the tackle.
 
 
 
With one minute and thirty seconds left in the game, the Alpha's offense made their way onto the field. Jooyoon's heart raced. This was it. The final drive of the game. It was now or never and she hoped that by some miracle, they would score a touchdown, and win the game of the first season of the semester. 
 
 
 
The offense was in a huddle and once they yelled 'break,' they got into their positions. Rein got ready, and in a breath, he snapped the ball. His blockers made sure to keep the defense off of him as he stayed in the pocket to look for the open man. Joon was open and Rein threw a perfect spiral to him. He caught it and ran like hell, gaining fifteen yards and the first down before he got tackled.
 
 
 
Since they didn't get out-of-bounds, the clock continued to count down. Time was running out and in a few more plays, the Alpha's were in the same position that their opponents had been in. They were twenty yards away from the end zone with fifteen seconds on the clock. The offense had to move fast. Jooyoon watched as the ball was once again snapped into Rein's hands, defenders blocking for him left and right. Time was running out and the crowd started the final countdown.
 
 
 
"Ten... Nine..."
 
 
 
Rein looked around and cut back and forth through his opponents and found his open man. He threw the ball into Joon's waiting hands. Joon caught the ball with graceful precision.
 
 
 
"... Eight... Seven..."
 
 
 
Joon ran for the end zone, the defense gunning for him. Fifteen yards to go. Ten yards to go.
 
 
 
"... Six... Five..."
 
 
 
Five yards. The defense picked up their pace.
 
 
 
"... Four... Three..."
 
 
 
As Joon got closer to victory, he jumped and was tackled by at least five defenders.
 
 
 
"... Two... One..." the buzzer sounded.
 
 
 
That was it. Time was out. Everyone on the home side and the opposing side was on their feet, holding their breath. If Joon made the touchdown, they would win the game. If he didn't, they would go into overtime. The referee's ushered the defense off of Joon's body and once they saw that the upper half of his body and the football were in the end zone, they held up their arms in the universal sign for a touchdown.
 
 
 
"TOUCHDOWN!" The announcer in the booth called.
 
 
 
The home crowd went wild! They scored the only touchdown in the whole game. Joon scrambled to his feet and lifted his arms in victory. Rein, Doojoon and his other teammates raced up to him and Joon jumped leaping into his team's arms. They were all patting him on the back and on his helmet. Special teams got out on the field and once the ball snapped, the kicker kicked the ball through the goal post. Once again, the referee's raised up their arms. The kick was good and the crowd cheered.
 
 
 
The announcer spoke up again. "THE ALPHA'S WIN!"
 
 
 
The football team removed their helmets and rushed out onto the field to enjoy their victory. Most of the crowd consisted of students and they raced out of the bleachers and onto the field as well.
 
 
 
"Jooyoon, come on!" Taeyeon pulled her best friend's arm and they ran out onto the field together to congratulate their friends.
 
 
 
Once Jooyoon was on the field, she pushed through the throng of people. She wanted to find Joon. It was only fitting that she congratulate him before anyone else whether their friends or not, because he scored the winning touchdown and she was wearing his jersey. The only problem was that there were so many people on the field that she lost her unnie's and Naru in the sea of people. She made her way to the side where there wasn't as many people and she tried to look for him, but she was too short to see over anyone else. Being short sometimes.
 
 
 
"Jooyoon!" She turned at the sound of her name. That was Joon's voice, but where was he? "Jooyoon!" He called again. Her brown eyes scanned the crowd until she saw him push his way through people, a big smile on his face. His helmet was in his hand, his black hair damp, and he pushed his way through until he finally stopped in front of her. "Hi," he breathed.
 
 
 
"Hi," she smiled at him. "You were amazing out there."
 
 
 
"You're wearing my jersey," he stated and pushed some dark brown hair behind her ear.
 
 
 
She shivered from the light contact. "Yeah, I'm glad you wanted me to."
 
 
 
"It wouldn't have felt right if someone else had it on," he said simply. 
 
 
 
Jooyoon wanted to ask him why he decided to make her wear his jersey instead of his girlfriend. But the next thing Jooyoon knew, his lips were on hers in a light kiss and she briefly kissed him back before he pulled away. "Jooyoon, I-"
 
 
 
His sentence was cut off when he was lifted up by his teammates and whisked away to the crowd. He tried to protest and told them to put him down, but they didn't listen to him. He turned around to look at her and frowned. "Wait for me in the bleachers," he called back to her. "I have to tell you something."
 
 
 
She watched as he was praised by his teammates and their classmates. She didn't join the crowd around him, she backed off by herself. Of course she would wait for him in the bleachers. Hell, if the Earth was flat, she'd wait for him at the edge of the world if he asked her to.
 
 
 
Wait. Huuuuuuuh? Whaaaaaat? I'm confused. Like gosh. SJ loves LJ? And LJ actually seems to feel the same way? OHMYGAWD. But they're best friends! And what will happen to A now? Poor girl, seems like she needs to find another guy. 
 
 
Looks like the games are over for now. There sure were some winners as well as some definite losers. Although, knowing our favorite socialites they’ll be ready to play again very soon. Whatever it is, it's CRAZY. But A seems to have a few tricks up her sleeves. And I cannot wait to see what she would pull out. Game's on. You know you love me.
 
 
xoxo, 
Gossip Girl.
 

 

*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:**.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・

Congratulations to Keybabyy!

She owns Seo Jooyoon. xD

Your character was chosen because it was detailed and it wasn't the typical jocky-tomboy girl. :D

In case you noticed, I sorta changed Rein's partner into Taeyeon for some reason. :]

And is it just me, or is Joon sort of becoming a 'main character' in this story? :O

Anyway, next to be revealed is gonna be Mimi's BFF! xDDD

So stay tuned. Comments are LOVE!

And Happy Holidays! xD