Spring of 2017

[New Chapter-Winter of 2014 Part 2] GEMS - Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls(Apply Open for Graphic Designer)

Of How We Have Fun

⇔In Eunkyung's contact:
♦슬이 슬슬    : Seulyi Seul seul
♦재린 언니    : Jaelyn Eonni
♦한미라        : Han Mira
♦매매매린이 : Mae Mae Maerinnie.

 

Upon arriving at the restaurant, each of them were panting so hard from running although no one was actually going after them as they though it would be. Being the last person to arrive, Jaelyn sat down on their usual table finally completing the odd number. As the restaurant wasn’t all crowded, neither did it has many people there, the girls could finally relax and take off their disguise slightly, particularly their mask.

“I’m so ready to eat!” Maerin exclaimed as she reached out the menu right in front of her.

“I know right. Imma get bibimguksu and iced Lemon. At times like this, I’m so craving for that.” Said Eunkyung, already decided what she planned to eat.

“kimchi jjigae” said Maerin and Seulyi harmoniously, it was as if they planned to say the same thing at the same time.

Each one of them choosing what they wanted to eat including Jaelyn and Mira. It was such a great thing that they know the place well that they didn’t need that much time to think of what they would like to get.

While waiting for their food to come, something crossed Jaelyn’s mind in regards to their group chat. She faced Maerin who was sitting right opposite of her and said “So, your display picture…” she started, being curious of why it was what it was. “why do you have Taemin’s face in your display picture?” she asked, receiving a loud laugh from Maerin.

“HAHAHAHHA. Well, it was game.” Maerin explained in between her laugh, “We were having a bet and whoever wins will get to use the loser’s derp photo as their profile picture. And… as you can see, I obviously won.” Ending her sentence with yet another big laugh.

Making an ‘O’, they girls echoed, although it was Jaelyn who asked, everyone else seemed to be as curious about it as well as they were all so focused listening to Maerin while she was explaining on what actually happened.

As their food were being served one after another, they slowly lose focus in the story maerin was telling them and start to give their attention more towards the food.

 

 

 

 

One thing that caught Eunkyung's eyes wasn't exactly her Bibimguksu but instead, Mira's fried chicken. It was true that she craved for bibimguksu, but at the time, Mira's food seemed more attractive and appealing than hers considering friend chicken has always been her favourite food of all time.

"Let's eat!" Seulyi said excitedly.

"Ehem..." Eunkyung cleared , "Seul seul, so how was your filming today with Kikwangie-Oppa?" She asked, while her right hand was busy trying to reach for Mira's food.

"Hey~ Hands off! This is mine!" Mira claimed, slapping Eunkyung's hands away from her meal.

"It's not like you could finish all that by yourself Mia. Puhlease~ You can hardly even finish 2 pieces of that, by the end of the day, you would end up asking me to finish it all for you." Eunkyung complained, sulking because Mira didn't let her lay her hand on her beloved fried chicken. It was her fault in the first place for choosing bibimguksu over fried chicken.

"Well... Seul, you haven't answered my question yet, " Eunkyung teased, looking at already blushing girl. The question caught her off-guard making her blush even harder that it became too obvious than not that she had been crushing on the boy for far too long.

"Ayy~ Someone is blushing~" Jaelyn teased, joining in the fun. For whatever it was, it was indeed Jaelyn's job to make fun of her dongsaengs, especially when it comes to guys.

Beet red, that was exactly how Seulyi's face looked like at the time. Everyone knew just how much Seulyi likes Kikwang ever since her trainee days and seeing how she was blushing from being shy made it even more fun for them to harder. For Eunkyung and Mira, it was some kind of revenge as the two had always been the main viction to the other trio's pranks. Although the two know very well that making fun of Seulyi would make them pay for it some time in the near future but they wouldn't want to miss out the chance to get back at her for what she always did to them alongside Jaelyn and Maerin.


*Bolded = English Conversation

“This week’s idol!” Doni and Coni said while making the symbolic opening figure.

“For this week, a JYP girl group had come to our 3rd level basement” Doni said.

“Yes, yes. A group that have so many subunits I can’t even remember,” Coni said he shook his head.

Emerald, Ruby, Topaz, Jade, ASDGHJKL#1ASKHL, “ Doni said as he mumbles some nonsense as he reads the cue card.

The camera panned into the member who in cackle of laughter.

“Different group with many concepts and finally on Spring 2017, they officially debut and their debut song, Dream High hit the roof with Naver,” Coni said.

“Let’s welcome GEMS!” Doni and Coni clapped as the GEMS members entered the set. They stand from Jaelyn who was beside Doni to Maerin, Seulyi, Eunkyung and Mira.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, bbanjak bbanjak GEMS imnida!"They chorused and bowed. Doni and Coni cheered.

“What does GEMS means?” Doni asked.

“GEMS mean Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls. “ Jaelyn explained.

Doni and Coni tilted both of their head in confusion, “Mwoya?” They asked.

영원히 웅장한  (Yeongweonhi ungdaehan yeonghon). We achieved to be not today, not tomorrow but eternally magnificent souls in a way which we will achieve our goals despite whatever we are doing,” Jaelyn explained. Maerin and Seulyi shook their index fingers sing song ‘No, not today’ from ‘Not Today’ BTS the leader said ‘not tomorrow, not today’ as Eunkyung and Mira listened intensely.

“Ah, that’s the story. So, do you think you have achieved your goals since you all have debuted with sub-units doing various activities?” Doni asked with a sneaky expression.

“Hum, I think all our member can agree that we are still learning and growing. So the road to be eternally magnificent is still long,” Jaelyn calmly answered.

“You dodge the bait. Aish”

“Honestly, I’m a fan of this show. In fact, we all are,” Jaelyn said as the members nodded in agreement.

“Eunkyung and me especially loves when HIGHLIGHT sunbae-nim come to the show. They were really funny when they said BEAST is their respected sunbae-nim. “ Seulyi said.

Doni’s eyes twinkles like a predator spots a prey, he peeked at Seulyi name tag then “So, Seulyi-yang which of the member of HIGHLIGHT that you think are the funniest?”

“Kikwang sunbaenim were especially funny when he screws up the 2x dances” Seulyi replying, taking the bait well.

Doni snickered,”Ah perhaps you are the member that Kikwang asked to take care of?”

The entire member except Seulyi said uhhhh and whistled exaggeratedly at the news.

Coni quickly nodded furiously as he just remembered, “Ah that’s correct!”

Seulyi blushed with the sudden attack. “So, Seulyi-yang let’s leave a message to Kikwang sunbaenim” Doni attacked her.

“Ah, I’m sorry?” Seulyi stuttered. Jaelyn and Maerin had the hardest time to hold their laughter seeing how the visual is getting red. “Unnie,” Seulyi pouted.

“So, yeah Seulyi-yang. Please proceed with the video message, we don’t have all the time for you” Doni pressed on.

“Uhm, anyeonghaseyo. I’m Seulyi, I supported HIGHLIGHT back in BEAST days and I’ll continue supporting you guys. HIGHLIGHT sunbae-nim hwaiting!” Seulyi hesitated but continued to speak to the camera.

“Seulyi-yang?” Doni asked, reading to throw the next bait. “Neh?” Seulyi asked back.

“Do you love your mum?” Doni asked.

“Yes, I do,” Seulyi replied.

“Do you love your dad?” Coni asked.

“Yes?” Seulyi replied with confusion. Jaelyn and Maerin already turning their back to cover their laughter so Seulyi will not caught on to Doni and Coni’s trick.

“Yes! Okey, pd-nim please edit the part so the second yes will be the first yes and make it sound like she loves Kikwang!”Doni said to the producer.

Jaelyn and Maerin finally laugh out loud as Doni revealed the trick, with Eunkyung and Mira giggling.

“Oh, Eunkyung-yang actually was actually a bit angry when oppa-deul tortured them to do the 2x dances for all their song. She was especially entranced when Doojoon sunbae-nim doing his signature hip dance,” Jaelyn said offering baits for DoniConi.

“Ani, I did not” Eunkyung quickly denied and gave Jaelyn a death glare which the latter ignored.

“Doojoon will be upset if his fan lies to him like that,” Coni said. Eunkyung shook her head.

“So, let’s do a video message to your dear Doojoon sunbaenim,” Doni clapped encouragingly.

“I think Doojoon sunbae-nim will understand. I think I’m good. Thank you very much,” Eunkyung said sternly.

“Eunkyung-yang, do you love your mum?” Ignoring Eunkyung remark, he quickly changed his strategy.

“I love my mum and my dad well,” Eunkyung said.

“Okey, pd-nim. Just cut Doojoon’s name and combine the line with Eunkyung-yang said just now,”Doni said.

“Ani, you guys won’t do it right. You guys never do it,” Eunkyung said as she started to panic.

“Seems like we have to do it for real, pd-nim,” Doni asked. At this rate, Jaelyn and Maerin already in breathless laughter as Jaelyn high-fived Maerin. Seulyi who was the first victim only could smile sheepishly while Mira fan off Eunkyung’s face that is redden.

 

[In the teaser, they did cut Eunkyung line so it will sound like Eunkyung said she loves Doojoon when Doni asked if she loves Doojoon]

 

“So, we are going to RANDOM PLAY SECTION!” DoniConi. The member cheered on and clapped excitedly.

“Since this is a show that GEMS watched well, so Maerin-yang won’t have problem in explaining what this section about?” Doni asked in which Maerin jumped a bit at the sudden question.

“Ah, this section when you play random song for us to dance. In order to win it, we have to have to coolly and calmly dance all our songs well,” Maerin explained while Jaelyn looked at her proud at her calmingly answering the question.

Mira suddenly raised her arm.  “What is that you want Mira-yang?” Coni asked.

“If we win it, can we have new single mattress? “ Mira excitedly explained.

“Why with the current mattress?” Doni asked curiously.

“The mattress that we are using is currently old and the spring is a bit broken. So, whenever we sleep on we always get backaches,” Mira said.

“She is the sleeping beauty in our queen with these two members,” Jaelyn said while sneakily pointing to Maerin and Seulyi. Seulyi and Mira quickled shook their head in disagreement.

“Well, at least I got the beauty,” Maerin flipped her hair in which others can’t help to snicker.

“Oh Oh oh! Can we ask for a new fridge too?” Eunkyung asked eagerly. Seulyi and Jaelyn quickled agree and cheering.

“So, new fridge and new mattresses, anything else?” Coni asked, while counting his fingers.

“Oh can we have a threadmill too? The old one is getting worn out,” Jaelyn suggested enthusiastically.

“These two are the gym rats,” Mira said while pointing to the leader and the maknae in which Maerin laughed.

“Ok, new fridge, mattress, and threadmill if you win in first attempt,” Coni said.

“You are really going to give us all if we win this at first attempt?” Mira questioned in disbelieve.

“Yes, we are going to give it all!” Coni asked.

“Okey, guys! Let’s win this!” Mira cheered on.

“Wait, wait let’s have a meeting first,” Jaelyn quickly group the members. “Whatever happen, don’t dance the OT5 formation for the subunits,” Jaelyn said as after they debut with GEMS, the sub-units got reformed with OT5 formation. The members nodded obediently.

“Okey, so we gonna play Emerald’s It Hurt, Ruby’s Hot Summer, Topaz’s Russian Roulette, Emerald’s IATB, Diamond’s Whisper, Mira’s, Zircon’s Only U, Garnet’s MTBD, and finally GEMS’s Diamond. WHY IS IT YOU HAVE SO MANY SUBUNITS?” Doni said angrily as he finished reading the cue card. The entire member can’t help to double in laughter.

“Different sub-units, different charms oppa” Maerin explained.

“So many songs, can you guys do it?” Coni asked.

“Can we have a practice round first?” Seulyi asked as she raised her arm.

“Okey , sure. 3 2 1, go” Doni said.

The five of them ready with Maerin standing in the center as normally the formation had Maerin in the center. The song played cut to the chorus of Diamond, the five of them who was already in position dance uniformly to show girl crush concept. The next song, cut to Hot Summer bridge and Jaelyn quickly get out of the picture. At this stage, the members still manage to dance effortlessly while acting cute with Seulyi winking at the camera as the song played her part.

Next, come MTBD chorus in which Jaelyn instructed the member, “Member, go out!” Jaelyn run beside Maerin. Jaelyn looked at Maerin while hinting something towards DoniConi and Maerin nodded energetically. Both Maerin and Jaelyn sang while walking towards DoniConi, gesturing them to join them sing all “Karma Karma is looking for you, what you gonna do when they come for you,” DoniConi didn’t managed to join them as the song change to Diamond’s Whisper.

With Eunkyung in the center, they dance ily and gracefully following the RnB rhythm. Mira sang her adlibs and shoot a love towards DoniConi. “Oh, they are still keeping up. PD-nim be quick in changing the song” Doni said.

Next, come Emerald’s IATB as Eunkyung pushed Mira out of the picture and the latter nearly hit the wall but Seulyi quickly caught her. Jaelyn giggled as she was doing the rap when she saw the event. The song hit back to Diamond intro. Maerin quickly run to beside Jaelyn while Seulyi who was still attending dizzy Mira miss the cue. “Guys!” Jaelyn whined.

Happily Doni stopped them, “So,your practice is over! Okey, let’s start the real thing!” Doni sneakily said and the members whined in dispute.

“Shi, shijak!” Coni said.

This time the song start with Russian Roulette, Jaelyn quickly pull Mira and Eunkyung away from center. Maerin can’t help to glance worryingly at Seulyi who was known as their ‘dancing-hole’. Seulyi did a mistake but it was gone unnotice as DoniConi.

Next, the song changes to Diamond song with Jaelyn’s rap taking place. The member was supposed to kneel down while Jaelyn rap but Seulyi the only remain standing. Realizing her member was kneeling down, she quickly kneel down. “Seulyi-yang, I’m watching you” Doni warned.

[1:27-1:32]

Next, in line was Mira’s solo. Mira took the revenge while pushing away Eunkyung. “Maerin-ah, don’t laugh we gonna lose the tempo. Don’t influence Seulyi” Jaelyn warned Maerin as she saw the latter was gonna burst in big laughter as Maerin saw Mira and Eunkyung’s exchange. Seulyi giggled as Maerin started to shake to stop her from laughing.

“Ah, it seems like the fridge is at risk” Doni said.

Preceeding song was MTBD, this time Seulyi nearly enter the picture but quickly got pull by Eunkyung before bumping into Maerin who was still holding up her laughter. Jaelyn who was looking at Maerin didn’t realize Mira was coming out and ending up accidentally bumping into the latter. It sent Mira flying to the wall. This time, Maerin couldn’t hold her laughter and burst out until she fell down to the floor. Seulyi and Eunkyung follow pursuit laughing their off.

“Mira-ah, unnie is sorry,” Jaelyn quickly rubbed Mira’s forehead as Mira was rubbing her forehead in pain. “Mian, mian, mian,” Jaelyn apologized profusely.

“Aahh there goes our fridge! What should we do” Doni said ‘symphatetically’.

Jaelyn helped Mira stands up to go the the others who were still giggling. ”Ah my fridge!” Eunkyung grumbled.

“Guys, let’s do our best! This old unnie need both threadmill and the new matress” Jaelyn said as the GEMS member stand in a circle.

“Shi, shi shijak!” Doni said.

This time, it was Mira solo. Pushing the entire member aside, Mira quickly stand in the center and lip synching to her adlibs earnestly in which the member can’t help to giggle. Next, it was Emerald’s It Hurts. Jaelyn and Eunkyung who was still giggling having trouble to keep the serious expression as the song was ballad. Next, it was Russian Roulette. Seulyi who was in dazed but Jaelyn quickly pushed Seulyi to the center with Maerin puling Seulyi’s hand.

After the song, they play a whole other couple of songs but they managed to dance to the songs correctly sans minor hiccups like when member bump to each other whenever they need to go out or in the picture. “And that’s all! Good job! GEMS will have new mattress and new threadmill!”

As soon as Doni give the cue to end the random play section. The entire member ends up sitting on the floor out of exhaustion. “I can’t believe we did it!” Mira squealed.

“WRITING PROFILE SECTION!” The member chorused with DoniConi as the later duo announce the new section.

“So, we are gonna start with Jaelyn, the eldest and leader,” Doni asked. Jaelyn nodded “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Leader of GEMS’s, Han Jaelyn,”

Doni read the paper in front of him.

  • Han Jaelyn
  • Born in 30th July 1991.
  • Bornt in Manchester, England, United Kingdom.
  • Main rapper of GEMS/Garnet, Vocal/Rapper in Emerald.
  • Specialty rapping, leading, exercising, and cooking.
  • Mum of the group.
  • Trickster of the group (Jae/Seul/Mae)
  • Was 2PM’s manager

“So whats the age difference between you and others?” Doni asked. The other burst out laughter sans Jaelyn sighed. “The entire member is 96-er which explain why I’m the mom of the group” Jaelyn explained.

“So, since you are the main rapper and from United Kingdom. We want to hear you rap,” Doni requested.

Yeah. Rap yo” Coni joined in.

Yeah, okey sure,” Jaelyn stands up.

“It’s okay, you can do it while sitting down,” Doni quickly said.

“Ah okey, I’m gonna rap to Lady Marmalade,” Jaelyn hold up an imaginary microphone and get her fingers up.

“What?” DoniConi chorused.

Lady Marmalde” Jaelyn said as her English accent thickened.

Comes to the rescue, Mira pronounce in KongLish way, “래디 마르마라드 (Laedi Maluemaladeu)”

“Oh, laedi maluemaladeu. I know that song” Doni asked. The members snickered at Doni’s fail attempt to speak English.

“Okay, here I go”

[1:35 to 1:53]

“Oh that was quite good,” Doni said as he hit the xylophone.

“Unnie also cooked well. She can cook any Jeon deliciously and quickly,” Seulyi chimed in.

“I just like to eat so I learn to cook by myself,” Jaelyn explained.

“And for that, we want to see how many Jeon you can cook within 40 minutes” Coni asked as the staff bring out a table with a portable stove on top and some kitchen equipment on top.

“I think I can enough for all staff to bring each one back home,” Jaelyn said as she stood up and walked to the table. She tied up the apron and started to pick up the knife.

“Oh oh oh be careful with the knife, Jaelyn-yang,” Doni said in fear.

“What if you can cook for all staff?” Coni asked.

“Well, then they have to share,” Jaelyn said dismissively. “Can I start cooking?” Jaelyn asked.

“Okey, go ahead. Next, we will move on to Han Mira,” Doni said as she throw Jaelyn’s profile to the floor as replying Jaelyn’s snide just now. “Oppa!” Jaelyn whined. Mira chuckled then, picked up Jaelyn’s profile and put it on behind of the members’ profile.

“Anyeonghaseyo, I’m GEMS’s cute yet sultry voice, Han Mira,”

Doni smirked then started reading Mira’s profile.

  • Han Mira
  • 1st January 1996
  • Born in Seoul, SK.
  • Main Vocal in GEMS, Lead Vocal for Ruby, Zircon duo with Eunkyung.
  • Aegyo queen
  • Want to do musical
  • Exotic Foreignor

“So, what mixes you have beside Korean?” Doni asked he point to Exotic Foreignor.

“Persian. I got it from my mother. My mother who was on student exchange program in Korea meets my father here. They got married and got my sister and me,” Mira explained.

“So, you can speak Persian well?” Coni inquired.

“Uhm,I don’t speak it that well. My Korean is better,” Mira said. Behind her, Maerin sneakily shook her head. Jaelyn who was in the middle of cooking stopped cooking and made an ‘X’ with crossing two spatulas.

“Can you greet your Persian fan?” Coni insisted.

Mira sighed,

                        سلام ما گروهى كه هميشه مى درخشد، GEMS هستيم. من ميرا، عضو بامزه و وكال گروه هستم. اسم ايرانيم هم كيميا است.ما با اولين آهنگمان diamond به صورت يك گروه كامل برگشته ايم. لطفا خيلى به اين آهنگ كوش بديد و از ما حمايت كنيد. مرسى، خيلى دوستان داريم.

“ (Hello, we are twinkling GEMS. I'm Mira the cute one and the vocal of the group, my Persian name is Kimya. We're back with diamond, our first song as a whole group. Please listen to it a lot and support us. Thank you, we love you a lot)

As Mira finished, the members clapped excitedly like they understand. “Do you understand all she said?”

The members shook their head and laughed. Mira giggled, “I’m greeting the fans. Saying I’m the cute one and the vocal of the group. And GEMS is officially debuting with Diamond. Hope our fan will show us lotsa love and support. We love them a lot,”

The members clapped excitedly as Mira finished explaining.

“Now, I can’t help to notice Maerin shaking her head when Mira said she is more fluent in Korean than Persian. Perhaps Maerin had something to share with us?” Coni asked.

“Jaelyn-yang even stopped her cooking to make a ‘X’ with her two spatulas,” Doni said as Jaelyn chortled happily.

Jaelyn smile widely as her tricks worked, “Our maknae, Eunkyung-yang was known to our fans as tteoki (Rabbit) due to her teeth,”

Eunkyang who was watching Jaelyn cooked, gasped as she realized Jaelyn was talking about her teeth, whined,“Yah unnie!” Jaelyn snickered as she flipped her 2nd pancake with the pan effortlessly.

Jaelyn giggled and continued,” So one day, when we were taking a break after practice. I think there was 3 of us, Mira , Eunkyung and me but Eunkyung went to the toilet. So, Mira asked why is Eunkyung-yang is called teoki (turkey)? Not matter how I see it she doesn’t look like a teoki”

The whole set burst into laughter while Mira fixed her bangs to cover her blushing face. Maerin added, “Unnie, don’t you think you should be careful too?”

Jaelyn only laughed out loud and continue cooking,”I don’t want you to tell it because of the bad words,”

Mira accused, “Unnie only know bad word. There is one time she was grocery shopping, she wanted to buy gochujang (chilli paste). She sing sang ‘Ahjumaaaa, I want gochuuu~jang’"

*gochu = slang word for p***s*

Even the staffs start to join, laughing at them. Maerin started to clap like a seal as she laughed along with Seulyi.

Eunkyung add on, “To top that, the ahjumma was so surprised she turned quiet and Jaelyn unnie said shibal instead of jaebal (please)”

*shibal = cursed word ,Sh**, F**k*

Maerin who was now on edge of her chair, falls down backward to the floor at the final blow. Still laughing on the floor, she wiped her tears that are b on her eyes. Seulyi who was still laughing but still on her chair, take a deep breath before she help Maerin back on her feet.

Doni Coni who was now crying stopped and takes a deep breath. “Okey kids, moving on” Coni asked.

“Now we want to see your aegyo. It’s very hard to please Coni,” Doni asked.

“Although I’m the eldest, I had many aegyo with my dad. So, I think I’ll be good in doing aegyo to coax an angry boyfriend through a phone call,” Mira explained. “Can Doni oppa acts as my boyfriend here?”

Eunkyung teased, “Oh, I’m already getting dal (moon) skin.”

*should be Dak (chicken) skin = Korean word for goosebump*

Automatically as if Eunkyung pressed a laughing button, Seulyi and Maerin double in laughter. Doni Coni laughed at the expected usage of words of Eunkyung but wonder why Seulyi and Maerin laughed so hard. Jaelyn quickly take the opportunity to explain, “We were watching a scary movie and Mira said she was getting dal (moon) skin instead of dak (chicken) skin,”

Again, the set echoes with laughter and claps noise sans Mira who was pouting. “Ahhh stop itttt~”

The hosts laugh again and quickly teased,” Oh is your aegyo has started,”

“Aniii~” Mira complained.

“Shi, shijak,” Coni said.

[1:39 to 1:50]

Mira : Yeobseyo~”

Doni : Oh (reply uninterestedly)

Mira : Oppa, what are you doing~

Doni : Nothing much. (still cold)

Mira : Whats with your voice~

Doni : Ah well, just because.

Mira : Ahhh, whyyy? Are you mad because I slept early yesterday.

Doni : Eii, aniya. (Slowly to melt down)

Mira :Aing, oppa. Aingg, why are you like this~ (giggles cutely)

At this rate Doni stuttered and was knocked down. Coni hit the xylophone to the sound of success while Mira cheered on and puts her hands up happily.

Jaelyn suddenly make noise as she cuts the vegetables noisily as a sign that she can’t stand the aegyo. Doni quickly shouted “Ah ahjumoni please pipe up down, we are trying to record here,”

“Ahh sorry sorry,” Jaelyn stopped cutting while waving the knife she holding. With her free hand, she wipes it on the apron.

Doni shrieked in fear, “Ah please continue ahjumoni,” Childishly, Doni move Mira’s profile behind and at same time, throwing Jaelyn’s profile to the floor.

“Okey, let’s move on to Seulyi-yang,”

Seulyi quickly introducer herself before Doni could continue, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m GEMS’ vocal and visual Seulyi,” As she pronounce vocal, she held an imaginary mic then flipped her hair as she pronounce center.

“Jaelyn-yang, why are your dongsaengs are weird like this?” Doni asked.

“Just because,” Jaelyn shortly replied.

“Let’s see Seulyi profile” Doni said.

“Finally! Move Mira” Seulyi said as she raised the chair that Mira was sitting urging her to stands up. “Yah!” Mira whined.

  • Kang Seulyi
  • 25th July 1996.
  • Vocal/Visual in GEMS, Vocal for Ruby/Topaz, Dancing line in Jade.
  • Dancing hole
  • Loves fashion
  • Earn an OSTs as she act in one drama
  • Want to do energy drink CF
  • Trickster of the group (Jae/Seul/Mae)
  • Forgetful

“Dancing hole, I can confirm this seeing how you did on the Random Play Seulyi-yang” Coni said as he put many ticks on ‘Dancing Hole’ point.

“Trickster yes! Look how she ask Mira to move just now,” Doni said. “So, Seulyi-yang how did you know Kikwang-shi?”

“He is my sunbae when I was a trainee in CUBE,” Seulyi calmly explained.

“That’s all? How come you get closer until he can ask us to take care of you?” Doni asked.

“I think we are just that close. I remember I talked about coming to Weekly Idol to him on his birthday party. My members can confirm it, they come too with us” 

Synchronously, the rest of the GEMS’s members shook their head denying Seulyi’s statement. “YAH!” Seulyi stomped feets, flabbergasted by their reaction.

“What party? I didn’t know,” Maerin gasped dramatically.

“Have possible some relationship with Kikwang” Doni asked as he write on Seulyi’s paper profile.

Seulyi got flustered and remain to her seat. “Andwae” She mumbled.

“Did you dress yourself Seulyi-yang?” Coni changing the subject to Seulyi’s relief.

“Yep, I actually chose the outfits for my member today,” Seulyi said proudly. “Guys, stand and spin,” Seulyi said while asking Maerin who was beside her to spin. As Maerin gives her spin, the other member spin until it reach Jaelyn, who spin with her apron.

“Actually, I want Eunkyung’s outfit but since I’m a nice person and she pick first, I let Eunkyung wear it,” Maerin interrupted when Eunkyung was spinning. In return, Eunkyung jutted out her tongue.

“Hum, okey,” Doni said as he gives tick lifelessly.

“Aing, wae” Seulyi face fell sullen and she pouted.

“I don’t know anything about fashion. Nextttt! You want to try acting for energy drink CF?” Doni asked.

Seulyi nodded enthusiastically.

“Shi, shi, shijak,”

“Ah I feel so tired after practice today. Thank god, I had this XX energy drink,” Holding up an imaginary can, she opened the lid not forgetting making the sound effect for herself. Holding the up the ‘can’, she one-shot the drink and make an ahh sound afterwards. “Thank you XX for always giving me the energy to go on again,” Holding up the ‘can’ she kissed it and winked to the camera,

“That was terrible Jie,” Maerin said as she looked away.

Peeking thru her closed fingers that were covering her eyes, Eunkyung asked “It is done yet?”

“Nextttt!” Doni said as she marked off the point “want to do energy CF”.

“Aing, waeeee~”

Ignoring Seulyi cute whines, Doni continued, “How forgetful you can be?”

“Honestly I think I’m not that forgetful,” Seulyi said while the other member boo-ed.

“There was one time, I had to ask Seulyi to buy groceries because there was nobody at home and I couldn’t leave home because I was cooking the broth for Samgyetang. So, in the end she only buys it half of my list and with some other snacks that she bought. So, I had to ask her to go out again and calling her every 5minutes,” Jaelyn interrupted.

“Why didn’t you go out yourself?” Doni asked.

“Yeah, for the broth to cook well it going to take hours right?” Coni added.

“Seulyi and Maerin nearly got kitchen on fire for cooking Bokkeumbap,” Eunkyung explained.

“That was one time!” Seulyi and Maerin whined simultaneously.

“Even I can cook Bokkeumbap well!” Coni said.

“If we went shopping, no matter how heavy the shopping bags we never let her hold it because she might accidentally left it whenever we stop to a new shop,” Eunkyung explained.

“This kid is dangerous!” Coni said dramatically. “Okey, final chance can you do an aegyo to save your image? That confession song,”

Seulyi scratched her chin, sure she can acts cute at certain time but if she was asked like this, her mind went blank.

“The three sleeping beauty can do it well,” Jaelyn said while pointing to the triplet with her spatulas.

“Ahjumoni, be careful with your spatulas” Doni teased.

“How about the knife?” Jaelyn said jokingly as she raised the knife while shooting a murderous glare.

Ignoring the remark by Jaelyn, he continues “Okey ,let’s start with Mira-yang,”

[Mira 0:11 to 0:27]

Eunkyung already turn her chair and not seeing the scene.

[Seulyi 0:29 to 0:54]

“I’m getting dal (moon) skin. Eottokaji“ Doni mocking how Mira used to mispronounce the word. The girls ended laughing louder as compare to as soon as Seulyi starting.

“Maerin, don’t let me down and Eunkyung-yang hold your first” Jaelyn cheered on.

[Maerin 0:55 to 1:14]

The girls started to laugh in high pitched almost mocking how hyena laughters. Doni Coni mock Maerin’s gesture of asking people to drink. “What is this?”

“She wants to confess over a drink,” Coni joked.

As everyone settle down, Doni continued “Moving on to Maerin-yang”

  • Ha Maerin
  • 7th October 1996
  • Born in Jeju, South Korea and was raised in Malaysia for 13 years and can speak Malay well.
  • Main Dancer/Lead Rapper/Lead Vocal in GEMS, Main Rapper for Ruby/Garnet, Vocal for Topaz, Dancing line in Jade.
  • Dancing Derp. 2 persona of when on and off stage (quoted and agree by all member)
  • Trickster of the group (Jae/Seul/Mae)
  • Busking in Myeondong / once a Youtube coverist.

“Malaysia, where is it?” Coni asked.

“It’s a country in between Thailand and Singapore,” Maerin explained. DoniConi stared at her in confusion. “Uhm ah the country that Seo Kang Jun sunbaenim used to live?”

“So you have meet Seo Kang Jun before?”

“You used to date him or?”

DoniConi asked vivaciously while Maerin chortled. “No, we haven’t meet in Malaysia,”

“Okey, moving on to Dancing Derp. What is that?” Coni asked.

“On stage, I’m normally very charismatic on stage but off stage, I’m just naturally clumsy. For instance, my roommate is Seulyi and we are both messy on bed. We always found the blanket on floor. And you know how you feel the need to go toilet in the middle of the night. You don’t even open your eyes properly. So, I always managed to trip over blanket. Every single time but I seldom face-floor because of my quick reflexes,” Maerin explained.

“I think she trip almost every hours. Just now in backstage, she also trip over a big wires. I already warned her and she dared to mock me as I warned, then there she trip,” Jaelyn told as she flipped at the 10th PaJeon.

“When Maerin on stage despite whatever concept, she can do it. But off stage, she is a total derp. In fact, our fans have compiled her derpness and make a collage. Puahahaha,” Seulyi stopped explaining and burst into laughter along with the members as the staff show bring out a big card with image of Maerin’s derpiness on it.

http://vid32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/GemsJYP/WhatsApp%20Video%202017-06-07%20at%201.03.11%20PM_zps52oa3voo.mp4

Maerin laughed and while pointing to the pictures, “I think this my BTS photoshoot. This was done because my fan requested it on a fan meeting,”

Doni asked, “Don’t you have the need to protect your idol image?”

Maerin quickly shook her head. “I had this thought too but I know I can’t pretend well. And as my life goes on, I wasn’t hated or anything. I mean sure, I got people annoyed with me but my friends and family is still there no matter how derp I am. When I debut, my fans like my true image so I’m just going to continue to be me,”

The other nodded in agreement.

“So, for Maerin we had a special clip back in her Youtube days. Please play it” Doni said.

“Haha, is it the dancing clip right” Maerin quickly laughed.

All of them squatted in front of the television to get a closer look. “What even?”

Maerin laughed it off and slowly turning red. “Ah this is embarrassingly funny. In defense, this was done over a short cover so it was this bad,”

“What is this Maerin?” Doni mocked a dance from the part.

“It just happened,” Maerin said with a straight face.

“Food is ready!” Jaelyn said as she finished cooked up 30 Pajeon to be shared among the people on set. “Samchon, you going to need a tissue since you are eating  in front of Eunkyung” Jaelyn said as she passed the plate to Doni Coni.

“Moving to Eunkyung-yang”

  • Jang Eunkyung
  • 6th December 1996
  • Born in Busan, South Korea
  • Main Vocal in GEMS, Main Vocal for Ruby, Main Vocal for Topaz, Zircon duo with Mira.
  • 2PM’s Wooyoung little sister
  • Satoori incident
  • Sloth

“You are 2PM’s Wooyoung little sister?” Coni asked.

“Neh. We are both OCDs so normally when Wooyoung and me were home, our parents always ask us to clean the house,” Eunkyung explained.

“That’s all?” Doni asked as he takes a bite from the Pajeon. Eunkyung gritted her teeth as she can some oils had smear on Doni cheek but she couldn’t bear to wipe it.

Eunkyung nodded innocently. “Aigoo our maknae,” Seulyi cooed.

“Okey, we can move on to next section” Doni said as he gesture to the staff to take the profiles.

“Ah, ah ah ah” Eunkyung whined as she hold on to Doni’s arm.

“Ah, when we are in front of Eunkyung we always try to eat carefully. There was one time Jaelyn unnie got choke up over food so she accidentally some spill food. We were panicking to help Jaelyn, while Eunkyung was wiping the leftover that Jaelyn unnie spill out,” Maerin said.

Doni said, “This girl is more dangerous that forgetful Seulyi,”

“Samchon, can you wipe your cheek, got oil” Eunkyung begged while taking the tissue on the table and passed it to Doni. “Coni samchon too,”

Childishly, Coni wiped his whole face, “Are you happy now?”

“You got it all over your face tho” Eunkyung whined.

Doni cover his face with the tissue, “Are you satisfy?” The girls laughed at the banter.

“Honestly, Wooyoung oppa is a bit too protective. Whenever he on local schedule, he always asked me to go out with him to the point the fans thought I was his girlfriend. He always messaged me asking ‘Oh what are you doing’ ‘Who are you with’,”Eunkyung finally spoke as she feel satisfy as DoniConi wipe their cheeks clean.

“Like a clingy boyfriend. Oh, I remember we five were on late night snack outing. So, while we were hanging out. I got a message from Wooyoung oppa asking me where I am,” Jaelyn explained. “So I’m like ‘I’m outside with the GEMS girls’. So he asked ‘Is Eunkyung there?’ I reply ‘Yes’ and then he quickly asked for a selca of us all in which he quickly reply ‘Thanks’, I was so flustered at that everytime Wooyoung ask me what I’m doing I can’t help feeling not wanting to reply his message,”

“Unnie, oppa still message you these days?” Eunkyung asked.

“Ah molla” Jaelyn quickly denied.

“Jaelyn trying to protect Wooyoung, does she have anything with Wooyoung?” Doni asked curiously.

“NO!” Both of Eunkyung and Jaelyn screamed as even with the thought of it is disgusting.

“I get it, I get it. No need to be angry,” Doni said.

“He was that overprotective since I debuted. Always asking me to be careful of male idols, always ask to me eat. Sometimes it is too much but I understand it’s because he loves me,” Eunkyung explained.

Doni Coni nodded. “Can we hear your satoori accent?”

“It’s been a long time since I used it. Can Coni samchon act as the other person?” Eunkyung requested.

“Sure, sure” Coni said.

[0:30 to 1:00]

"Okey, can consider it. Sloth, you are that slow,” Doni asked.

“I think I’m not that slow but my family always me to do things quickly and end up mocking me as sloth. And also, I can mock the sloth reaction from zootopia. Maerin play with me,” Eunkyung requested.

“Eunkyung, do you know what does the Korean bread say when it hit the wall?” Maerin asked.

“I …..don’t …. Know…Can….you … tell…..me?” Eunkyung said it each slowly.

“Bbhang!” Maerin replied. Doni Coni snickered while Eunkyung is taking her sweet times to give her reaction.

[6:12 to 6:22]

“Ha… ha… ha.. ha..” Eunkyung laugh slowly.

Doni Coni laughed louder. “Okey, I’ll approve this point” Doni give ticks on the point.

“Thank you Maerin-ah,” Eunkyung patted Maerin’s shoulders.

“and that conclude our WRITING PROFILE SECTION” Doni said.

“So, girls what do you think about our show?” Doni asked.

“We were really excited especially Mira who really wanted to come here. Couldn’t been thankful how Doni and Coni samchon in treating us so well, asking us to show more charms. If time given, we want to come again as GEMS or as Emerald or as Topaz or as asdsfhgfdkljl,” Jaelyn said her closing statement.

“How about you Eunkyung, did you feel happy for today recording?” Coni asked.

"I..... had......so... much..f “ Eunkyung slowly laughed.

Halfway, Doni interrupted Eunkyung“Well this have been WEEKLY IDOL!”