Winter of 2016

[New Chapter-Winter of 2014 Part 2] GEMS - Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls(Apply Open for Graphic Designer)

GEMS Diary Episode 1

"Hello everyone,uhem right now is 4AM. So, I'm gonna show you guys hows the morning in GEMS dorm. And thank god I dont look bloated," Jaelyn said as she held the self-camera near to her face. She fixed her bangs she walk towards the kitchen. "So here is our two members who are working diligently to make our breakfast, Mira and Eunkyung. Normally, the ahjumma who clean our dorm will left some ingredients for us to make our breakfast since we always leave early in the morning. Normally, Eunkyung and I will be in charge for the breakfast but our dear Mira is up early today, especially today. "

"Unnie, she even had her make up on" Eunkyung shouted as she carefully rolled the ingredients for Gimbap.

Mira stayed silent as her face redden. "I did not" She said timidly.

"Mira is a bit hard to be waken up guys, but our first episode of GEMS Diary she wake up, claps for her" Jaelyn teased. "So what is our menu today, Chef?" Jaelyn asked as she twisted the camera so it could record both Mira and Eunkyung.

"Ah unnie, don’t record me. My hair is messy and my face is oily, I haven’t wash up," Eunkyung as she turned her back against the camera. "I’ll just record Mira then" Jaelyn said.

"Today on our menu is Gimbap and Japchae. Japchae, we have packed for all our member, individually. Dark purple for Jaelyn unnie, mint green for Mae, baby blue for Seulyi pink for Eunkyung and black for me," Mira said as she scoops the japchae into the black container. "Oh,today is my turn to get the purple container! I have a funny story about the purple container. Well, not really funny tho. So, yeah because we have 3 members, Mira, Mae and me that like purple, so us three always argue who will get the container, so our Manager Aecha make a schedule for us to use that,"

"Pink is a nice color too!" Eunkyung said.

"Purple is nicer" Both of Jaelyn and Mira shouted.

"Whatever rocks your boat people. “

“Eventhough we are only seeing her back but I can imagine Eunkyung rolling her eyes,” Jaelyn shoot the camera towards Eunkyung back. "Guys, let's zoom into pink container and black container. I don't see any sighting of vegetables, this is major problem people. MAJOR PROBLEM. Speak you convict, why there is no vegetables inside your Japchae?" Jaelyn ed the camera into Mira face.

"Uhm, its because I dont like vegetables?" Mira said innocently.

“Okay, I'm done. I'm gonna wash up. Unnie, no camera" Eunkyung said as she rolled the last Gimbap and ran away from Jaelyn as Jaelyn followed her closely.

"Hi Aecha-nim," Jaelyn said as she saw Aecha-nim who was tidying up the living room. "Our living room is in non-idol image friendly-ish state. Last night, we played till morning until all us five member ended up sleeping on the floor. "

"Unnie ,camera off my face. Ah, I reminded you guys to always clean up after you used it. " Aecha said as she folded the futtons. Jaelyn slowly tip toed as Aecha continued to babble how messy the room is.

"Let's move on to see how our other member is doing. In 3, 2, 1" Jaelyn said as she kick the door. Inside, the camera was greeted with the sight of two bodies, Maerin and Seulyi cuddling with each other. "Ahh 18SX. Kids wake up, wake up. This is the third time I'm waking you up, wake up!" Jaelyn said she patted Maerin's then Seulyi's butts. Then Jaelyn threw pillow on top of both of their heads.

"Unnie, five minute more," Maerin said, Seulyi only hummed as she put away the pillows that Jaelyn threw just now. She turned sideways, and then Maerin followed and hugged Seulyi's back.

"The camera is on" Jaelyn said as she sang.

"Andwae~" Seulyi quickly pulled both blanket over her and Maerin head.

"Aecha-nim, look at these two!" Jaelyn screamed towards the living room. Quickly, Seulyi pulled Maerin out of the room. "Ah unnie, five more minutes” Maerin whined but pursuited with Seulyi towards the bath room.

"Ill be right back, gonna clean up the mess of their room,” Jaelyn said she put the camera on the dressing table and start making up the beds.

"Kids, we will be leaving in 15 minutes, " Jaelyn shouted as she walked towards the living room.


"Hi, this is SeulMaeT" Maerin as she greeted the camera. Seulyi waved towards the camera as she chewed another Gimbap. "Jie, ask me what is the meaning of SeulMaeT?" Maerin asked.

"What does it mean?" Seulyi asked as she chewed another Gimbap.

"It mean Seulyi-Maerin time. Aka soulmate, the playing of our names." Maerin said excitedly. "Jie, feed me" She said towards Seulyi and Seulyi feed her a Gimbap.

"Good job," Eunkyung said apathetically from the back seat.

"Our maknae is half sleeping but still managed to be savage. Right now, Jae unnie is sitting in front navigating the GPS, helping our Road Manager, Kyunbin oppa because Aecha unnie is bad at it" Maerin said while rotating the camera around the car. "And now our maknae, Eunkyung is sleeping soundly at the back. I can't zoom on her, she is sleeping with open," Maerin giggled.

"Say ahh Mae," Seulyi said as she scooped another Gimbap for Maerin. "Hum, this is delicious but something is a bit off like its tasty but it’s not that tasty?" Seulyi said as she scooped up Japchae.

"Mira help in cooking it," Jaelyn giggled.

"Ooohhhh" Both Maerin and Seulyi chorused then ended up bursting in laughter.

"Wae, I dont think it’s that bad?!" Mira whined.

"Well, I'm glad that she only helps once a while in the kitchen" Seulyi said.

"Oh, remember that one time we ask her to cook the rice because she was the first to arrive home after training?" Maerin quipped in.

"Oh yes, so we all happily brought home the banchan our company gave an hour later and only to find out, the rice cooker wasn’t even in the first place," Seulyi teased.

“I was so hungry~” Maerin chortled.

Mira face reddened and hung her head low.

“Not as bad as SeulMaeT burning the Bokkeumbap last time” Eunkyung defended Mira.

“We did not~” Maerin chorused together.

“Anyhow, we just arrived at the company building to start out our debut album recording. Finally after all the sub-unit appear it’s time for GEMS official debut, ppaksu juseyo!” Seulyi said as she jumped off the van. Jaelyn and Maerin clapped excitedly and making noises while Eunkyung and Mira followed silently.

“We're going to do a little bit of sound check before we start our full recording and I’m already excited,” Maerin said skipping towards the building.

“SeulMae do that celebratory dance that you guys invent last night,” Jaelyn requested then took over the camera from Seulyi.

Both Maerin and Seulyi started to dance goofily but synchronously. “This feels like a sneak peek to our debut dance,” Mira said while watching in amazement.

“So, Eunkyung what do you think of finally debuting with other GEMS members?” Jaelyn asked as Eunkyung was slowly trying to let herself out of the camera view.

Eunkyung blanked out for second as she realized she was caught. “Ah, I’m really excited. Finally, all five of us debuting together! What do you think Mira?” Swiftly, she passed the question to Mira.

“Uhm, I’m very excited because for Diamond and my solo, I got to try ballad n RnB types of songs so as GEMS, I get to try a new concept again. I’ll do better!” Mira said timidly.

“And now entering our recording room, Seulyi can you briefly introduce our album producer today?” Jaelyn asked as Maerin and Seulyi skips into the room.

“It is favorite PD-nim, who composed Pig Song, most downloaded song on Naver for 2012, Moving On, song of the year 2013 and my favorite song, Thank You. ppaksu” Seulyi said dramatically while Maerin fanned Hyunmi.

“Anyyeonghaseyo, Jang Hyunmi PD-nim imnida,” Hyunmi said and bowed.

“And our PD-nim who announced her public relationship with INFINITE’s Woohyun recently. I totally ship them!” Maerin said excitedly.

“Ah I wanna get into a relationship too. PD-nim can’t you introduce Sunggyu-shi to me?” Jaelyn said.

“Your heart changes too quickly, andwae!” Hyunmi reprimanded.

“Oh well, at least I tried. Oh, Hyunmi PD also composed Emerald debut song, It Hurts song. I’m still regretting on how it turned out to be, I’m sorry but Diamond’s Baby Step turned out really well for Mira, Seulyi and Eunkyung" Jaelyn pointed out while Mira, Seulyi and Eunkyung looked a bit proud.

“Well, let’s just do better this time Jaelyn” Hyunmi said with a smile.

“She looks way scarier with that smile,” Eunkyung whispered.

“Okey, let’s do some warm up before we start recording. The senior can start first I think, Jaelyn go in” Hyunmi said sternly as she put on her game face.

“Neh” Jaelyn passed the camera to Maerin, walking timidly into the recording room.

“Jae unnie , hwaiting!” Seulyi cheered.

Jaelyn cleared up and started singing.

Listen from 0:00 to 0:29

“Okey, that’s enough. Okey, Jaelyn you started of strongly and your low notes are obviously your forte. But, as it went on you started to lose the tempo. As we record it will be no problem as we can take many takes as we wish but I’m worried for your live. So, let’s work more on the tempo okey?” Hyunmi said.

“Neh, I’ll work harder,” Jaelyn said.

“As a leader and senior from the kids, let’s show a better image okey?” Hyunmi said softly.

Jaelyn nodded.

“Next is, our maknae Eunkyung” Hyunmi said while turning her chair to look at Eunkyung.

As Jaelyn exit the recording box, she high fived Eunkyung who was entering.

“Okey, let’s hear it Eunkyung-ah”

Listen from 1:14 to 1:45

“Good, good. You have better control in putting in emotions in the song, better than It Hurts. The control of your voice as it changes from chest voice to falsetto also good. But, in ballad song you need to put a good and long stop on the stacattos. The aratdamyeon should be held on longer notes. Other than that, all is good. Good job Eunkyung,” Hyunmi said.

“Neh, thank you very much, “ Eunkyung bowed and exited the room.

“Maer, let’s hear it from you,” Hyunmi said.

Maerin stood abruptly. With a mock salute, she entered the room.

Listen from 0:20 to 0:35

Good job! I really like the flow of the rap. It was really smooth and nice to hear. I’m bobbing my head as I hear it. You have it in you!” Hyunmi clapped.

"The thing I like about Maer is how her face change to a really serious expression whenever she sings or dance, it seems like she is having this dual personality." Jaelyn commented.

“Thanks!” Maerin winked to Hyunmi and danced her way out of the room.

“Mira, you’re up next! Chop chop. Don’t be so lifeless Mira yah” Hyunmi cheered as Mira walked slowly towards the exit room. “Okey, we gonna take it from the bridge okey Mira?”

Mira took a deep breath and sang.

Listen from 2:20 to 2:40

“Good, you started nicely and slowly building up the tempo nicely. Because that’s how bridge works, it starts nicely then builds up at for the final . The high note was on tune and flawless. Good job Mira, you should sing like this more” Hyunmi said.

“Neh PD-nim. Thank you for the kind words!” Mira bowed and exited the room.

"Good job Mira!" Maerin and Seulyi cheered. Mira literally skips to her seat as she heard that.

“Seulyi, okey you are the last contender. Go in”

Listen from 0:53 to 1:14

“Seulyi-yah, you have a beautiful color tone and it’s really calming to hear. Your voice really suits this type of song. But I can’t hear it very well, I feel like you are chewing your words thus affecting the momentum of the tone. I feel like the energy of the tone also faded out, let’s work on it okey Seulyi?” Hyunmi said.

“Okey, let’s rest a bit while we wait for our audio engineer, Chiyeon-shi and our lyricist, Hyojin-shi to come in with your new song.”

“Guys, I’ve bought your drinks. Mlik teas for the Eunkyung, Maerin and Seulyi, Latte for Mira and Green Tea for Jaelyn unnie” Aecha said while putting a plastic bag of various drinks on the table. “And also our for our PD-nim, Green Tea Frapuccino”

“Thanks Aecha-nim,”The GEMS members chorused together.

“Ah, I forgot to charge my phone last night and great, I left my charger” Seulyi said after rummaging her backpack.

“Such a forgetful Jie~” Maerin said while sipping her drink.

“Your charger is in my bag , Seul” Jaelyn said while passing her bag to Seulyi.

“Thanks unnie~ Wanna hug you” Seulyi teased knowing how Jaelyn dislikes skinship.

“Ah don’t,” Jaelyn swatted Seulyi’s hands away. “Mira, hold the camera” Jaelyn passed the camera to Mira casually.

"Uhm, guys we will be right back with dance training as we cannot reveal our debut song yet. Stay tune, annyeong~" Mira chimed.

Note: Gimbap/ Kimbap | Japchae | Ppaksu = Clap | Unnie => A call to an older sister. | PD => Producer | xxx-nim => Callilng someone with respect | Naver => Popular web portal in Korea. | Jie => Jiejie (Older sister in Mandarin)

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE [ ♦ ] Hi, Zee speaking here. Elea and I decided its better for us to do simple prompts chapter like this rather than normal story. For our member, there is a slight change we will explain more in LINE group. Haha. Anyhow, drop us a comment cuz we wanna hear feedbacks from you <3