Summer of 2015

[New Chapter-Winter of 2014 Part 2] GEMS - Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls(Apply Open for Graphic Designer)

Of How We Get Upset

The season had finally come, a season of bright smile and happy thoughts, people were all hyped up with idol’s new comebacks and everything but that was not it for Han Mira. Summer, more like an autumn to her, she felt gloomy, down, so grey. Although It had been almost a year since Red velvet’s debut, but she was still in the same place, doing nothing, at all. It was as if she had been hit by a bullet, that took her down in a split second, the year had been so harsh for her. Memories of her trainee days with fellow trainees that had already became red velvet members, regrets came one after another. She was still stuck in the past, in her dark past. Had she worked harder, had she never slacked off, had she not been too cocky, had she not grown overconfident in herself, she would have debuted.

All the negativities she had gotten from people around her, friends turned into enemies, acquaintances turned into strangers, people talking behind her back, mocking, making fun of her, seeing her as a failure, at least that was what she thought in the back of her mind. All of those eyes looking at her, it made her feel small.

“She’s the girl who was supposed to debut alongside Red Velvet, isn’t it?”

“It was her fault for slacking off”

“Just because she’s pretty, she acted all cocky, serves her right”

“Pretty but no talent; useless”

She could hear still them talking, they acted like she does not have a pair of ears, or probably they wanted her to hear them talk. It was as if it happened only yesterday but it did not. Things had changed for everyone, everyone but her.

It was a terrible time for her, a year, for almost one whole year, all she did was stay at home, do nothing, eat whatever she could reach until her fridge went empty. One whole year of her slump, full of regrets, detesting herself for what she had or what she had not done.  

For all those times, she’d been shutting everyone off, the humorous Mira no longer, just the cold one is left. At least that was what her close friends thought of her at the time. It wasn’t until Henry came to visit her that she had finally let a friend in.

“Hey~ it’s been way too long, you know that too. Let’s not dwell over the past, alright? You’re good, you’ve always been. Maybe SM is not meant for you, maybe you could try somewhere else. I know someone from JYP, maybe he could help you out? I’m sure if you audition there, you’ll definitely get it.” He said, it was so hard to see him being all that serious, but he really meant it. Under his great humour, he’d always cared for her and the fact that she’s been hurting, for way too long, over something that she should have gotten over with months ago hurt him as much. He did not want this to do her any more harm than it had already been.

His words woke her up, maybe it was true, maybe she should’ve done something about it, instead of dwelling over it, she should’ve turn over a new leaf. Why hadn’t she thought of that made her feel really stupid and dumb, if those don’t mean the same thing. It funny on how little he said, but how much she could actually understand from it. It must have always been in the back of her mind which were overshadowed by her sorrow.

A new determination was set. Her determination lead her to audition for a different company, she wanted to prove them wrong, she knew she was wrong for slacking off, but that didn’t give them the right to call her talentless. She also knew her chance to debut under SM Entertainment had become as thin as a strand of hair the moment Red Velvet debuted. JYP Entertainment was the first agency that crossed her mind the moment she thought of auditioning. she was not confident of getting accepted to the other company, she’s had enough of hearing things that she did not deserved to hear.


The moment had come, it was her audition day, as timid as she was, she needed to get it through, she had to achieve what she needed to achieve. Although she was not in her best singing condition, she did her best singing.

It was exactly a month after her audition that she was called back with a news that she was finally accepted as a trainee under JYP. To share the great news, she called a great friend of hers from SM, one who had always had her back no matter back no matter what, Henry.

“Hey~ guess what? I am accepted as a trainee in JYP! OMG! I thought I wouldn’t get it, you know how happy I am now?” She announced, on the phone, turning on her automatic aegyo mode that she had never realised when it came out.

“Wow! Really? Wow! Congrats Mia! Oh My Gosh! You did it! Oh My gosh! Congrats girl! Wah~” The boy just never knew how to control his reactions, which however made Mira smile even wider. She knew that he’d be more excited than she could possibly be. It was one of the reason why he’d be the first person to hear the news. Although she knew that she still has a long way to go, considering she had only been accepted, which in fact did not guarantee anything just yet.


She started her training under JYP with full of enthusiasm, although she knew it’d be hard for her to fit in but that didn’t stop her.

“Another foreigner coming in? Hmm, that ”

“Look at her, annoying much”

“Eh, I heard she was dropped from SM, that’s why she auditioned here instead. Bet she can’t do anything, that’s why she was dropped”

“I heard she’s gonna be the new member for GEMS, she just came but went straight to debut preparation? This is so unfair, bet she has connections that’s why she had it easy”

Again, those random voices can be heard, disheartening her already weakening heart. “Let’s ignore that for now Mia, you’re here now, you just got to focus on what you need to do and debut” She told herself. She didn’t want things like that get to her once again.

“Han Mira! Hey! How are you? It’s been awhile” A friendly came from afar as she got closer to the dance practice room. Looking up to see who it was, she couldn’t make out who it was, probably someone she knew but she wasn’t sure.

“Hey! It’s me, Maerin, remember? I was a trainee in SM before too. I was there when you first came in SM too, though it wasn’t long after that I transferred here.” The friendly girl approached, receiving only a blank look from Mira who obviously couldn’t remember her.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Mira bowed 90 ̊. Maerin was astounded by her reaction, she was sure she’d talked to her before, a few times at least. As one of the best in dancing among the trainees, she’d always been the one helping out the newbies back in SM and out of all, Mira was one of them.

Not knowing what to do, Maerin only lead her into the practice room that she was in earlier before she came out to greet the new girl, whom she thought would’ve been glad to see her again.

As soon as she came in, Mira was greeted by four pairs of eyes who looked at her like some predators looking at their prey. She thought the room will be full of trainees but she was entirely wrong.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” She bowed again, the same way she did to Maerin.

“Oh alright, have a seat right there” A voice beside her ordered, it was JYP. Wow, the first day she came in, she could already meet the producer, she was stunned for a second but later did as told and took a seat right by the others, with big gaps in between them.

“This will be your final group line-up. Upon Bang Nami’s departure, she will be a part of GEMS now.” He announced, “Now, I shall leave you to catch up and get to know each other” he said, as he left the room.

It was as though they were muted, only silence can be heard in the room, everyone was looking at one another, pointing at each other to introducing themselves. Mira felt rather left out at the time, she was new, she stood there not knowing anyone other than Maerin who had just introduced herself a few minutes ago, she didn’t even know what she was supposed to do. It felt she had just interrupted a very important meeting.

“What group? Who is Nami? Who are these people? What am I supposed to do now?” She questioned herself in her mind.

“Hello, I’m Jaelyn, I’m going to be your leader in this group, I hope you’ll try to fit in, we’ve been together for quite a while, so honestly, it is quite hard for us to accept you but I hope you make an effort on that” Jaelyn explained, being the bigger one among them. She then looked at the girl next to her who blankly looked at the floor with a very serious face expression. Jaelyn nudged her indicating that it was her turn to speak startling her.

“huh? Oh... I’m Eunkyung” the girl introduced short.

“That’s it?” The others asked, receiving a nod from her.

“I’m Seulyi…” Seulyi introduced herself as short as well as she didn’t know what she was supposed to say other than that.

“I’m Maerin, as you know…” Maerin said, once again telling the new girl what her name was. Maerin was not very satisfied at her reaction.

“I’m pretty sure I don’t have that forgettable face though” she thought to herself.

“Hello. I’m Han Mira, nice to meet you all and I hope we’ll work well together” said Mira, half anxious. She could see it, the look in their eyes, they couldn’t accept her. Whoever Nami was, she was sure that the girl must’ve hold an important position that she might not deserve to take over. However, it wasn’t her decision, she was not even informed about anything at all.

“So, it was true, what they said… I’m going to be with GEMS…” She thought, remembering what she heard earlier on.

“Well… Umm, since you’re taking Nami’s position, then you must be a vocal, am I right?” Jaelyn asked for confirmation, receiving a slight nod from Mira. “Then, do you mind letting us hear you sing? I mean like we will be working together from now onwards, so… “She asked.

“Sing? Now? What about the song?” Dumbfounded, her mind went blank that Mira couldn’t think of any songs to sing.

“The song that you sang for your audition maybe?” Jaelyn suggested.

“Oh… “She finally understood as she started getting ready to sing.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

“well, you’re kind of singing off beat but it wasn’t entirely bad, you have a nice voice” Jaelyn commented.

“We can work on that,” Maerin suggested, “So, can you dance?”

“Umm… If I work hard, I can, but my position is originally vocal” Mira stated.

"And 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and 6 and 7,8" Maerin lead the girls, doing the dance move to their sub-unit debut song.

It's been 2 hours, everyone was completely exhausted but they were not satisfied on what they had just yet. They kept on making mistakes on the choreography like they had not learnt them before. While everyone else had learnt the whole song, Mira was still struggling on getting the right posture and kept doing the moves, leading to a much longer practice session.

Having to keep practicing over and over again kept Eunkyung sighing out of annoyance, her face getting harder each time they had to repeat everything all over again. 

"Let's take 5" said maerin, drained from dancing. Telling herself that if they kept practicing, perfect is what it will be. 

Right after she said so, everyone literally collapse on the floor, their legs just simply gave in. At this time, it was not only Eunkyung whose face had hardened, Seulyi's too. She let out a loud sigh of frustration. She found it funny how the choreography are so simple that even someone who isn't a great at dancing like could catch up but it took Mira so long to even get each steps done. What annoyed her more is the fact that for all those time they had spent, the only thing that filled her stomach was water. Her hunger lead to her anger.

It was a wonder to both Eunkyung and Seulyi how Maerin could still kept smiling and calm while leading the group dance even when they had to stop and repeat a number of times. They salute her for being the way she was, it was as if, none of this upset her at all. It was either she enjoyed dancing so much that even repeating things can be fun to her or she was just extremely patient, none of them know.

While they were all getting ready to start practicing again, Eunkyung took out her phone from her bag and took a snap at what was happening to keep their Leader updated. 

"Eunkyung?" Maerin called out to her.

"huh? oh.. I'm coming."

Starting from the start of the song, with the thoughts that everything will go smoothly, Eunkyung tried to calm herself down, although she could see Seulyi's still annoyed face. Five minutes was not enough to fill in their empty stomach that's been begging for real food for the past hour.

The initial thought was quick to be shadowed when the first thing Mira did was a mistake in the very beginning where Eunkyung and her was supposed to synchronise with one another. Knowing Eunkyung, the girl does have quite a bit of a temper, which both Seulyi and Maerin had known of, especially during practices. It was curious when Eunkyung could actually held in that long because as much as Seulyi is sensitive, that is how much Eunkyung is easily angered. 

"Oh my god! Seriously? Can't you get this right already? We've done this so many times! Urgh!" That was it, it was off her limit, she couldn't hold it in any longer as Eunkyung started complaining on how slow Mira was that it was unbearable for her. "Why can't you be half as good as Nami? or at least be half as hard working as her? Urgh!!" Facepalmed, she expressed her vexation towards Mira although it wasn't entirely the new girl's fault as she labelled her. She didn't have to say it with her own mouth but they all could see how hard Mira work, especially when she knew where she stands at the time. Mira's hard work, that Eunkyung looked down on was way more than what Nami did when she was a part of the group. 

To add up the fuel, Seulyi voiced out "Can't we just call it a day already? I'm already so hungry, seeing what has been happening, I could only see the future of us eating tomorrow. So annoying." It was true, they were starving, the practices they had did not make things any better. "Can't we eat already? Do that tomorrow. Practice tomorrow, not like it'll be perfect if we keep practicing without eating" True again, it would only in their energy without doing them any good.


Jaelyn smiled as Eunkyung send a picture of four of them practicing to their new song.

Eunkyung~

Hows the practice?

Mira is kind bad at dancing. LOL

Give her a chance oi

Yeah, but still for sajang-nim just to put Mira after Nami departure. And suddenly dropping us this new to promote with her instead of Nami. The intro of the dance, Nami and I perfected well. If only Nami didn’t leave.

I thought we already have the talk on Nami departure. Is it unavoidable with her circumstances.

Yeah unnie. And the duet that I already duet with Nami!

Eunkyung-ah, you remember when sajang-nim told us about our sub-unit / project. We both promised to it up and do our best right?

Yes unnie. But we promised to it up together right? And where are you unnie.

Taking Taecyeon oppa from airport? XD

Ugh unnie! Be serious!

Hahahaha. Anyhow what matters is we are like reaching the final steps to our official debut. As duo, with sub-unit. We can do it right?

I hate you unnie.

I love you too.

OMAIGOD THAT’S EFFIN CHEESY. BRB GONNA THROW UP

Anyhow! I’ll just do my best.

Yeah that’s the spirit. Just call me if anything comes up. I’ve seen all the schedules for 2PM this year. Seems more of local promotion. Oppa-duel are on crazier sides when they are overseas.

You mean Taecyeon oppa is more openly flirting with you?

Rolled eye

Do you still have crush on him?

I don’t know who and what are we talking about.

Sure, that’s why you always blush whenever you message him.

OH. Wooyoung oppa said he just breakup with Jessica-shi.

Well good for him.

So means Taecyeon oppa is on the market.

Shouldn’t you be somewhere doing something important? Uh, I don’t know like practicing or something?

We are on break :P

How’s SeulMae?

They are good; Maer is patiently teaching Mira step by step. Seulyi is finally getting the hang of the steps. I’m helping her.

Good, I know I could count on Maer.

Wait. You. Teaching.Wow.

Shut up unnie!

Hahhaha

Hum, how about this let’s go late night snack tonight? We all had morning off tomorrow right?

If we managed to finished by tonight the practice~

And don’t you have to drive Taecyeon oppa to Gangwondo?

Yep, but it’s gonna be a day trip because Taec have to fly back to Japan for noon flight.

Anyhow, if you are still awaken. Let’s just sneak out. LOL

Call!

 

Smiling, Jaelyn putting her phone inside the pocket beside the door handle. Then, she turned the visor mirror so it shows her reflection well. Carefully, she tied her up in a neat bun. She tidies it up with some pins and then, hides it in a cap. Satisfied with her look, she quickly drives out from the side road to the airport.

As the other GEMS members are busy with Ruby subunit, she was assigned to become 2PM’s personal manager again. After the meeting, she quickly drove back to Incheon Airport to pick up Taecyeon who was on a rest day from their Japan concert, 2PM Arena Tour. Later, she will drive Taecyeon to Jeongseong Village in Gangwondo for his '3 Meals A Day' filming.

Taecyeon~

Taec, I’m outside already. I’m driving your car.

Okey, coming in a bit. Passing the immigration now.

 

Jaelyn smiled at the response and her heart fluttered at the thought of seeing Taecyeon after couple of months. Both of them have been messaging each other on and off, updating on daily life. Sometimes they also video call each other if both are free.

Wait. Freeze. Why.my.heart.would.flutter. I already grown out of the crush towards him right?

Jaelyn jumped as she heard someone a harsh knocking sound on her window. She can’t help to smile as Taecyeon smiled mischievously looking at how hard she jumped. She quickly unlocked the door and Taecyeon quickly went over to the passenger ride.

He strapped on the seatbelt and Jaelyn started to drive. “You got anything to share? You look happy?” Taecyeon asked.

“Hum. Can’t I look happy for once?” Jaelyn asked as she takes a turn to exit the airport.

“Of course you can,” Taecyeon ruffled her hair in which Jaelyn can’t help to blush.

“Did you just blush? Does this mean I finally will have a chance?” Taecyeon teased, not missing a beat.

“Maybe~” Jaelyn sing-song.

“Yes!” Taecyeon smiled. “So how are you?”

“Uhm, GEMS have new addition to replace Bang Nami,” Jaelyn said as she pulled handbrake in front of a red light.

“Oh really, how old is she?” Taecyeon asked. He the Bluetooth and swiftly connecting into his iTunes.

“96-er”

“Ohhhh” Taecyeon replied.

“What is that Ohhh” Jaelyn asked as she released the brake pedal as the green light turns green.

“Ohh as in oh. 4 kids. And knowing you, you will push yourself so hard because you have this particular mindset that I’m the eldest I have to be matured, I can’t play around, I can’t cry in public ” Taecyeon said as he shuffled through the songs.

“I did not? I mean don’t the eldest always have to be like that?” Jaelyn said, uncertainty tones echoes in her voice.

“Sure, but they can let lose sometimes. Relax. You have to let others to help you, only then you can see the kids potential,” Taecyeon advised.

Jaelyn shoulder slumped against the seat, retreating. “Okay”

“Good girl. Now, continue be a good girl and listen to these songs,” Taecyeon said as he pressed play. “Because you are special, I let you hear to the album Go Crazy before it’s released,”

Jaelyn batted her eyelashes to Taecyeon, “Aww, I’m honoured” Jaelyn bobbed her head as she listening to the songs. “You will promote My House as title track?”

Taecyeon nodded and suddenly he is playing with his fingers, acting nervous. “Do you like the songs?”

“I like this album. The simple seductive RnB fit your matured image. And the background vocals seem like a good background song for a love dovey scene?” Jaelyn asked as overtake another car which was slow as turtle in the fast lane.

“Whoa, sweetheart. Slow down. Are you sleepy? You wanna switch driver with me?” Taecyeon said as he grabbed the assist grip as Jaelyn take a swerve.

“Nah, I’m still good. I’ll change with you on the next rest area, around 1 hour more? You know I like to drive, I missed travelling as being 2PM’s manager,” Jaelyn said as she stepped on the pedal.

“You missed me especially right?” Taecyeon said. “So, any of your song you dislike?” Taecyeon asked as he stretched his neck.

Jaelyn glance at Taecyeon , “If you wanna sleep, I’m good to drive alone,”

Taecyeon shook his head. “So, my question” Taecyeon tickled her chin.

“I don’t like you Not Only One. Just because of the lyric. I don’t want imagine y-yo, I mean any guy as a Casanova,” Jaelyn quickly correct her slip up.

“Oh so you can play my heart, while I can’t be player to yours?” Taecyeon asked.

“I’m not a player !” Jaelyn insisted.

“Sure, that is the reason we are in the ‘Some’ relationship forever” Taecyeon said. Then, he raised the volume higher as “Wanna Love You Again” was played.

“Ah, next song.” Jaelyn said as she softly slapped Taecyeon’s hand.

“No, I wanna listen to this song. I just wanna love you again~” Taecyeon sang as he quickly grabbed Jaelyn’s hand in his fist.

“Okey, f-fine! Don’t change the song. J-just let my hand go. I need my other hand to drive” Jaelyn said as she feel heat started to creeping on her face.

Taecyeon complied but as he put Jaelyn’s on hand on the steering wheel, he still grabbing Jaelyn’s hand. And start to rap, with his voice lowered.

neowa hamkke haetdeon sigan mada
neowa nanueotdeon gieokdeul sansan
jogagi natdeusi babe its meant to be
Maybe yeogikkaji iljido moreugetdaneun sangsang
modeungeol hamkkehadeon uri dulmani saenghwari
ireoke muneojyeobeoril subakke eopdaneun hyeonsiri
mitgijiga anneundaneun ajik saranghago isseul georaneun
geureon namanui mideumeul beorijima dorawa

Jaelyn waited as Taecyeon finished the rap and asked. “I’m not going away tho, so why should I come back?”

“I write all the raps with thought of you, Jae” Taecyeon softly said.

“Yeah, I remember you tell me last time. Can you let go my hand Taec? I’m literally not going anywhere, I’m gonna be with all the way to Gangwondo” Jaelyn said as she trying to free her hand from Taecyeon after saying it in a joking tone.

“I’m serious Jae” Taecyeon tightened his grip on Jaelyn’s fingers. “Pull over Jae” Tae growled.

“What, we are gonna arrived late at the schedule if we stop now. The rest stop is will be on 20 minutes. Do you need loo?” Jaelyn asked worryingly.

“Just.Pull.Over” Taecyeon growled enunciating every word.

Jaelyn quickly pull over and in a blink of an eye, Taecyeon get out of the car and he go over to Jaelyn side and pulled off her seatbelt then grabbing her off the car. Closing the driver’s door harshly, he slammed Jaelyn against it.

“TAEC” She screamed in shocked.

No bull anymore Jae, do you like me or not?” Taecyeon asked as he trapped her with his body.

“Taec please. This is not the time to argue about this,” Jaelyn pushed Taecyeon body away. As Taecyeon doesn’t budge, Jaelyn took a deep breath.  “Are you sure this is something that you want to do for someone who just got out from a break up?” Jaelyn raised her eyebrow.

“Jessica? I break it off with her long time ago,” Taecyeon said.

“Yes, that’s the reason you contacting me right?” Jaelyn accused.

“You know I like you way before I dated Jessica. Jessica is nothing but a fling!” Taecyeon explained.

“Then, probably you don’t like me that much?”

“What about your feeling huh? You keep holding me whenever I come back to you. Am I just a play to you?” Taecyeon grabbed her chin softly.

“I can’t do this now. I’m gonna debut soon and I can’t be in relationship,” Jaelyn looked away as she explained

“You and your debut reason. If you want to, we can work this Jae. Together,” Taecyeon grabbed both of her fingers, begged for her to reason.

“I can. Sorry Taec. Let’s j-just continue to drive,” Jaelyn quickly free her fingers from Taecyeon. He quickly turned her back to open the driver seat only was stopped by Taecyeon. Frustrated, she yelled, “WHAT!”

Wordlessly, Taecyeon pushed aside Jaelyn to enter the driver seat. He quickly locked it. Jaelyn knocked the window repeatedly. “Taec, what are you doing?” She know Taecyeon won’t leave her by the highway but still an angry Taecyeon is scary.

Taecyeon lowered his window enough for his voice to be heard but with eyes looking forward. “Get to the passenger seat or I won’t unlock the door” He said sternly.

“Fine!” Jaelyn stomped her feet and walked to the passenger seat. For the rest of the journey, both of them drive in silent. They only speak as Taecyeon said they gonna rest at 30 minutes at the rest stop with Jaelyn replying a cold okay.

As soon as they arrived at the fishing village, the crew greeted them warmly as they arrived quite early. Jaelyn keep her busy while helping the staff to set up the camera while Taecyeon entered the house to greet Leo Seojin. The show had Park Shin Hye guest. Seeing how manly and stern Taecyeon pursuing Park Shin Hye it reminds of how Taecyeon always boldly declaring Jaelyn is him.

At one time in shooting, Taecyeon glance toward Jaelyn and then, proceed to pluck a Baby Breath in which he gives to Park Shin Hye. It doesn’t help that Park Shin Hye is enjoying how Taecyeon treat her well and in return, she treat him the same. Never have she want to feel so suffocated and breathless since she got to be assign as 2PM’s manager.

What’s worst is seeing how Taecyeon blushed at the waiting room talk. How he gushed over Park Shin Hye. How he wanted Park Shin Hye to leave early so she could arrive safely. He even dared to say I Love You to Park Shin Hye which hit the final nerve for Jaelyn.

 

 


Maerin clutched her hands together with her eyes closed while sitting in the living room, whispered “ Dear God, please make Ruby debut stage success today. Within this 1 month, we have gave our best even with member going MIA and replacement whom have doubtful dancing capability, one who was quite difficult to approach but later was quite a cool dongsaeng and not to forget my favorite partner in crime. Despite all that, we have try our best! So, please don’t let us screw up. Amen"

Maerin opened her eyes with seeing 3 pair of eyes curiously peeking from the corner of her eyes. She quickly looked at her sides and greeted with Seulyi, Kimmi and Eunkyung. “I was praying for us?” Maerin explained.

The 3 latter giggled and nodded. “I’m kinda nervous. What if I screw up?” Mira asked as the four of them headed outside the house. Maerin who was the last person, locked the door and messaged Aecha they are going down. She quickly walk to the elevator while Eunkyung holding the door.

“Then, don’t screw up,” Eunkyung teased and pressed the close button as Maerin entered the elevator. Mira pouted.

“That’s the reason I pray,” Maerin said. Mira whined, “Because of me?”

“Haha. No. I prayed for us all,” Maerin said. Since Jaelyn was getting busy with being 2PM manager, Jaelyn has unofficially assigned Maerin as the leader which makes Maerin pray harder. Jaelyn who knew Maerin could teach and lead the others patiently was already out early in the morning to for 2PM personal schedule. Lately, she noticed Jaelyn is not looking forward to her work as much since that last schedule with Taecyeon oppa. Though she never known Jaelyn closely when the former was a trainee junior manager, whenever she run into Jaelyn in JYP building she always cheerful around 2PM. Hum, maybe she had to asked Jaelyn sometimes.

In the car, she looked around seeing the other member. Seulyi and Eunkyung is sharing earphones while practicing Hot Summer while Mira in the behind practicing the dance (she think?) with just her hands. "Aecha unnie, we going to perform well right?" Maerin asked Aecha.

Aecha looked at her and smile warmly, "Yep"

As they arrived at CJ E&M Center Studio, they quickly greet the fans and photographers who were waiting for every idol to come out before they started their rehearsal. The four of them bowed and waved as they walked into the building. Inside, Aecha-nim lead them to their waiting room in which they shared with 2PM. As they walked they passed by a lot of idols which they bowed and greeted. Big Bang passed by them and Maerin got starstrucked for a while until Seulyi had to drag her to walk. Maerin can't help to feel surreal though its her second promotion cycle already after Russian Roulette, seeing those idols and she is one.

"Okey guys, settle down first. Ill be back in 10 or 15 minutes. Gotta recheck the schedule, seems our rehearsal has been move up a bit. We might need to swap with SHINee in rehearsal, just for the rehearsal. Ill be right back, stay put ya," Aecha briefed them and took her leaves. The waiting room is still empty due to the members are still in personal schedule.

SHINee? Her heart skipped a beat. Taemin oppa will be there, right? She still remember how Taemin come to MCountdown when she first promoted with Seulyi for Russian Roulette. "Let's stretched a bit?" Maerin asked the girls and the girls followed.

Seulyi who was stretching beside Maerin, whispered, "What holding up SHINee?"

Maerin raised her shoulders, honestly she doesn't know. Both of them got busy with their own practice schedules hence they seldom get to contct each other for the first few months. Seulyi narrowed her eyes in disbelieving. Snickering at Seulyi, "I really don't know".

After good 15 minutes, Aecha was back at the waiting room and ushered them to go on stage. "We will do 2 practice for sound check. Then, we will proceed to break as other group will take place. Then, we may proceed with dress rehearsal after lunch. Okey, guys?" The girls nodded at Aecha instruction. "Hwaiting girls" Aecha cheered them up.

As Maern stands behind in the formation, she looked at the girls. Mira is improving, Seulyi is good at her staying in her formation. Eunkyung tho, her dance feels a bit weak. When Eunkyung's part, she dances well but as she stands in the back Maerin can see she looked a bit tired. As they go down, Maerin intend to ask Eunkyung but got distracted as SHINee was standing on the stairs meaning they are next. Maerin's heart fluttered as she saw Taemin. Both of them locked eyes for a moment and she swear Taemin's eyes twinkled as he realized it was her.

Not wanting to hold them up, as Maerin was literally beside Taemin, "Hwaiting oppa-duel!" Maerin cheered to all SHINee member she known back in her training days in SM Entertainment. The SHINee members smiled and nodded

Taemin nodded. "You are sharing the waiting room with 2PM sunbaes right? Ill come there once I'm free" Taemin said. Maerin nodded quickly. "See you in a bit Maer," Taemin said then, walked up stage.

"I managed to record your performance, girls. And I sent it to our LINE chat already, you girls can monitor each other as one of you ready for make up," Aecha said.  "Oh, Eunkyung do you feel right?" Aecha asked Eunkyung who were looking a bit pale.

Eunkyung nodded weakly and give her best to smile. "Maybe because I couldn't sleep well last night," 

"Did you eat your breakfast these morning?" Aecha asked. Maerin listened to them interaction as she took a place in front of the dressing table to be doll up.

Eunkyung shook her head," I did. Kinda, like 3 or 4 spoons? I think. Haha," 

"Unnie, did you bring the Banana Uyu?" Maerin asked and then pursed her lips as the make up artist applied lip balm on her lips. After a month they promoted Russian Roulette, she and Seulyi managed to secure 1 year Banana Uyu CF deals. Since them, their house has been stocking up with Banana Uyu. Though its the only the CF they managed to get, at least its better than nothing. She prefer Pocari Sweat tho but they are up against actress, Kim So Hyun when they audition so hey.

Aecha's eyes glints and she quickly bring out her mini icebox from her luggage that she carries everywhere with the girls and her stuffs. "Drink up Eunkyung-ah?"

Eunkyung accepted the Banana Uyu hesitantly, "Unnie, is there any fresh milk in your icebox?" Eunkyung asked. 

"Ah the fresh milk just finished. Ill go out and sees if the vending machines sells it okay? For now, can you at least drink up?" Aecha asked.

Eunkyung nodded and took a sips. "Eunkyung, sips more" Maerin said sternly. Eunkyung quickly looked away, as she was caught in action.

Mira who was sitting beside Eunkyung, patted Eunkyung's back encouragement. 

Soon, it was time for their live stage. Taemin never come to their waiting room but she understands as Taemin sent apologies message that he couldn't come and asked if she free tonight for a call. She quickly reply a short yes and passed her handphone to Aecha. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ruby imnida," The girls greeted the audience. In return their fans scream loudly cheering for them. Tho its just a small fanbase but to the girls each of the fans really matters to them. "We hope you will have fun with us, our dear fan!" Seulyi cheered. "Thank you for coming guys!" Mira squealed. Maerin glance at Eunkyung who was struggling to stands up and she can see Mira is holding Eunkyung by her arms.

The girls get into formation and "Its showtime, girls," Maerin whispered just loud enough for them 4 to hear.

As the song ended, the girls took a proper deep breath and the light dims. Maerin quickly glance as she can see at the right corner of her eyes, someone fainted. "Eunkyung?"