Of How We Come To JYP

[New Chapter-Winter of 2014 Part 2] GEMS - Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls(Apply Open for Graphic Designer)

June of 2012

She was so happy to hear from her brother that she can finally start her training at JYPE starting today, being reminded to the time when she first became a trainee at CUBE. She had a mixed feeling, Anxious, nervous, scared and excitement combined altogether. Not knowing what to do, she keeps on bugging her brother, Jang Wooyoung, the night before, of what to do, how should she react, how to make friends. She was too excited, she was so happy that she can finally start from zero again, forgetting everything, all the bad memories about entertainment world before she even started few months ago.

"You've been through a lot, Eunkyung-ah. Now let's get through this. Another chapter of your life has now finally begun; It’s gonna be the same yet different from before. It will be another routine but it will be better. Believe in yourself. You know you can do it" she told herself before entering the agency's building.She was determined to do whatever it takes to claim her image again. Her brother and friends are all behind her back, supporting her from behind, she knows that and she believes so. They are the only people that she can rely on for now. Determine to not make the same exact history to repeat again.

She walks into the building with light footsteps, looking around here and there, enjoying the nice view inside the building, not that she's never been there before but it's different, now that she will be coming there every day, it gives off different feeling to her. Slowly, she gets into a room that she was told to go to; she will begin her first day of trainee life in a dance practice room.

Opening the door with a bright smile on her face and excitement in her heart. As soon as the door was fully opened right in front of her, her heart stopped, she was shocked. There were a whole bunch of people in there, she was too scared to even move an inch, that wasnt what she expected, there was too much people inside, more than what she was prepared to face.

"Okay Eunkyung, there's no turning back now, you move yourself and get closer to your dream or close the door now and bury all of your dream of being an idol." she said convincing herself that she can definitely do it.

Eunkyung wasn't the social-friendly type of person, she was scared, scared of the crowd, scared of people judging her. "Eunkyung-ah, introduce yourself to everyone. It’s your first day here right?" asked the instructor. Eunkyung looked at her, blank, so now she had to introduce herself..

"Neh, annyeonghaseyo, I'm Eunkyung, Jang Eunkyung. I'm a new trainee here. Please take good care of me", she introduced herself and bowed out of politeness. She looked up to see people, smiling, some are making faces. Typical, she thought.

"Annyeong!" said a girl at the back.

Oh well, at least someone said hi or else the tension in the room will never cool down, it will be much more awkward for Eunkyung to even take a single step towards anyone.

"Alright people, let's get back to our practice! Eunkyung, there's a toilet outside if you want to change your outfit now, if not, come and join us." said the instructor. Eunkyung nodded and proceed quickly to the bathroom on the opposite side of the room. She hurriedly changed her clothes to a simple ¾ tights and grey t-shirt.

“Okay, Inhale, exhale! You can do this! No more giving up, you’re closer, just a little more, you’ll discover the star in you, Jang! Eun! Kyung! Hwaiting!” She said to herself before coming back in to the practice room. She wanted to enjoy herself and not think about anything. Fortunately, her very first class is a dance lesson, now all she had to do is just ignore the pressure and just go with the flow.

 


July of 2012

"Come on keep rookies! Oi you foreignors come on keep up! “ The coach screams as the group of foreign trainers starts to slows down as they enter their third lap while the k-trainee enter their second laps. This is how the morning exercise starts. The foreignor force to start at 4AM while the k-trainee come down at 4.30AM. When the foreign trainee already draining half of their energy, they are forced to do the routines again with the k-trainees as the latter arrived.

"Oi! Be quick! Final laps for K, one more laps for F!”The coach screams again. Maerin runs to the finishing line and ready for another lap. Just another day as “foreign trainee”. Today is Sunday, and she remembers the message that she got from local group church she join. Since she arrived at SM, not once she can join the routines. As a “foreign trainee” in SM, every each of them is force to train 15hours a day, 7 days a week.

Not that she mind that much about the practice hour but not getting at least 5hour time off for her Church routine on Sunday really kill her. She prays everyday hard about her condition to God and yet every Sunday she never fail to ask to her coach for her some time off, and fail.

She quickly reach the finishing line trying to catch her coach but seems like her coach knows her better, he already was gone by the time she reach the finishing line. Ah crap. She briskly do a warm up down and wave to her fellow trainee saying she will meet them at dance practice room. Under the flowing water, she cries. Again another normal routine after the Sunday morning exercise.

The feel of being deny to her Church routine gets her every time, she doesn’t want to be far from Him. She is a Korean too for god sake. She is not a damn foreigner. Only because her skin is darker than others and she spends half her life in Malaysia, as soon as she enters SM, the foreigner sticker stamped on her head.

After motivating herself “Wait till June ends Maerin, then this nightmare will ends”, she step out from the shower and walks to her locker. She quickly unlock her new locked, again she had to change her lock because her stuff went missing last time. She hates to point fingers but she pretty sure it’s the k-trainee deeds. Only because she doesn’t fight back they keep on harassing her. Normally they only whisper loudly when she and her friends are around, now as they found her old failed Youtube covers, they taunt her more.

She lower her heads in sadness as she again message in the group, “Guys, I can’t make it today again. Please pass my Hello to Father Woon.”

She drags her foot to the dance practice room with heavy heart. She keeps her eyes to the ground as she feels not talking to anyone, but she doesn’t fail to bow to the staffs and other trainees that pass by her. She doesn’t another reason to be taunts today. She stops walking as she bump into someone chest. She winces and rubs her forehead. Looking up, she sees a face that normally will make her day brighter and her heartbeat skips a beat but not today.

"Taemin oppa” She says weakly.

"Is it true Mae,” Taemin asks in serious tone.

"“What?” She answers calmy. She know the news gonna get to him soon, as she remember she bump into Key when she exited the CEO’s room. She had firmly make this decision, thinking it thorough because she need this changes. By telling Taemin about her decision, he will probably tries her hardest to change her mind.

"You have register for the trainee exchange for July?” Taemin asked.

"I need my Sunday," Maerin says as she looks away. She knows she gonna succumb to Taemin pleading eyes if she looks at Taemin face now.

"Ah, that's right,"

Without looking at Taemin, she could feel that Taemin feel the sadness from their partinng news. With Taemin, she had been closer to him compare to other dance-line in SM. She just feel comfortable around him and so does the latter to her. In fact knowing the admiration had grow from fondness. And just on tiny feels, she might like him more than friend. Just tiny feels.

 


February of 2013

"Nami-ah, Sajangnim is calling for you, he said he has something to say to you,” said Sohyun.

"Wae? What is it about?”

"I don’t know actually. He said to call out for you after our meeting earlier. I wonder why as well… hmm”

She nodded her head indicating that she understood everything and that she should quickly go to his office as soon as she finished her vocal training. She looked at Sohyun again to get a confirmation, with an anxious face.

"You’re free now right? You should go. Don’t worry, he’s not gonna get mad at you or anything. I assure you that”

"Arasso… I’m just worried, you never know I might make mistakes without realizing that makes him angry or whatsoever.” She said, more anxious than she was before “I’ll get going then”

She slowly walked down the hallway, with very heavy steps, feeling nervous and scared. She was really nervous that it got her head to rewind back to the past and see whatever things that she did that seemed to be wrong and might result in something horrible. She wondered so badly about what exactly is going to happen to her. She was so terrified, this is the very first that she was called personally by the sajang.

*knock knock*

"Come in” said a voice from inside of the room.

She opened the slowly, peeking inside first without making any steps forward at all.

"Oh Bang Nami. Come in, come sit in front of me”

She looked around to see another two guys who are her trainers, vocal coaches to be exact, she was shocked, it was only a few minutes ago that she had a class with one of them, and there, she saw him sit there, seriously, with the Sajangnim.

"Neh, annyeonghaseyo”

She opened the door, wider to let her in. With another step forward, she bowed 90 degree to them.

"Come sit here.”

Politely, she walked closer towards the sofa in Sajangnim’s room. Bowing again, she allowed herself to sit right in front of the sajangnim. She observed everyone’s facial expression in that room to see where exactly this is going. Things were really quiet in the room until sajangnim finally decided to break the silence.

"Bang Nami, I called you here because…..”

Nami looked up to him, full of wonder. Her anxiousness grew higher and higher.

"We would want to send you to JYPE”

"Waeyo Sajangnim? Did I do something wrong that makes you want to throw me out of this company?” she asked, with such a sad face, as if she was going to cry.

Hey~ hey~ take a breath, it’s nothing like that, really. Actually, there’s this one project that JYPE is going to handle and they asked for us to send them a trainee for this project. So I’ve asked both of your coaches about it, and they said that you’re the most to fit to be sent”

"I don’t understand. Why me? Am I no longer needed in here? Or am I a bad trainee?”

"*chuckles* Aigoo, this girl, this project is a big one, they’re planning to debut a coed group and that we’ve chosen you because you are the most fitted to debut. I’ve told sajangnim everything about you. It’s true that I’ve never seen you dance, and I’ve heard that you cannot really dance, but we have both agreed that your singing skills are the most fitted for this. In other word, you will be transferred there and undergo training under the label JYP.”

"But why me”

"Like I said, this is something to do with debuting. In fact, if you’re transferred there, it will be a much better opportunities because JYPE is such a large company and they will surely make you way better than we can. I promise you that” said the Sajangnim.

She nodded, looking back down, thinking….

"So by the end of this week will be your last day here in Cube Entertainment, which is the day after tomorrow. I hope you will prepare yourself for the best. You will be sent to JYP’s trainee house the day after tomorrow. So you may start packing tonight or tomorrow. Okay?” State the sajangnim.

She nodded. She was not ready for this; she was really not ready for it. With sad face, she walked out of sajangnim’s room only to see her close oppa from a far, standing by the wall. She walked toward him, brightened up a bit.

"Doojoon oppa!” she called out

"Nami-ah~~ I heard you’re transferring to JYP. That’s a really good thing. You have a bright future ahead of you” he said, smiling.

"Oppa, is it going to be a good thing?” she asked.

"Sure it is, JYP is such a big company, you’ll do great there, I’ve heard you sing, and it’s really good. But Nami-ah… I know that this is supposed to be about you… but… I have favour to ask from you….” He said, somehow hesitating.

She looked closely into his face, to see a sign of burden in his eyes. “It’s about Eunkyung, isn’t it?” she asked, knowing exactly what he is trying to say.

"Yes… Will you please take a good care of her for me? Her brother is there for her, true, but is it okay if I do such favour to you too? Maybe update me about how she is doing”

She knew how much he cares about Eunkyung, so she simply nodded even though she knows that Eunkyung and her were never close, she is willing to do so, for herself and for Doojoon. She cares deeply about him, he is like her very own brother.


 

March of 2013

"Today will be a fine day Seulyi, you can do it! You can fix your limbs so it will move accordingly to the song more smoothly,” Seulyi said to herself as she ties up her shoelace. She patted her thighs and limbs as in they will respond accordingly to her request. She energetically stands up and pat for her sling bag front packet for her dorm key and handphone, she can be real forgetful sometimes.

"Let’s go Seulyi!” She whispers only loud that her ears can hear it. She quickly walks down from the apartment that she shared with other trainee to the bus stop to board it to JYP HQ. It’s been 6 months she entered JYP from CUBE. She refused to made friend thus explain how she is always alone going to and fro for practice. She found its easy that way.

Also being alone, allow her to join her weekends class for vocal which she stopped only recently. Ah I missed going to weekend class. I missed going for window shopping and goes glutton at XXY mall with Sujeong. Ah life is hard. If only I work harder, when I’m in CUBE. I could have that part duet with Yoseob sunbae on that Perfume song. As on cue, Perfume plays on the local radio in the bus. Seunghee yah. I really missed you but I’m to ashamed to contact you guys after I got transferred to JYP.

There is no way she could hate Seunghee for singing in Perfume. Together with Sorn (whom she grown closed due to they two enter CUBE in same year), Seunghee help her to improve her in both of her dancing and vocal. They were for her for every tears and laughter. They two really make her life as trainee a lot better. Sure, in CUBE have stricter coaching than JYP’s but she couldn’t find anyone like Seunghee and Sorn who willing to practice after training hours ended. This is also why she joins the weekend class for vocal. There, she meets Ryu Sujeong, a Woolim trainee. With Sujeong she clicked well. She became talkative again with Sujeong.

But lately Sujeong has stopped joining the weekend class because she is preparing herself for her soon to be group debut. And she also stopped replying to Sujeong messages because she knows it will disturb her. Ah life alone is not bad too Seulyi. You got to observe people surround you more. Seems like the ahjumma that sit infront me is happier today. Maybe her son from army is getting discharged today.

Always alone, makes her more observant to other people more. Other trainee always sees her as rude and ignorant trainee from CUBE but the thing is, she feels disheartened in approaching all JYP trainee who already bonded well. Oh well, at least I observe people more when I’m just surrounded by Seunghee and Sorn. Seunghee yah , Sorn yah bogoshipeeo. Himnae juseyo Kang Seulyi! You can do this! Forget about your lacking skills in CUBE, you can do this!

As she was clouded by herself pep talk, she bump into a person until she stumbled backward. Thanks to quick reflex she didn’t fall down. But sadly for the person, who she bumps, falls down on the floor. Flustered, she quickly offers a hand to the girl. Wow her cat eyes and her milky skin is so stunning. She deserved to be to a visual if she ever debut. No! I don’t swing that way!

"Errr sorry, I was walking off with my mind wandering” Seulyi said.

The girl smiles back and bashfully reply, “Ah no no no. I should be more careful too. I was too focus to see the sign, I’m sorry” She bows as she said that.

"Ah, okay. Well, good bye,” Seulyi quickly said before the girl could say anything. Honestly, right now she doesn’t feel like talking to anyone. She just wants to go to her dance practice and quickly goes to XXY mall to eat her heart out.

"Ah, wait. I think I know you! Yes, yes I do!” The girl quickly says as she about to walk away and the latter grasp her arms.

"You do?” Seulyi asks.

"You are Kang Seulyi right?” The girl says in an eager tone that starts to irk Seulyi.

"Yeah that’s me. Sorry who are you?” Seulyi tries to ask politely.

"Ah how silly I am. I’m Bang Nami,” The girl says as she points to herself.

"Bang Nami? Sorry?” Seulyi starts to feel ashamed and mad at herself as she really couldn’t remember the girl in front of her.

"Ah, I guess you didn’t know me cuz you are always with Seunghee and Sorn,” Nami said.

"I’m sorry, is that supposed to be a bad thing?” She asks defensively

"Ani, ani , ani. Its just that. I uhmm I a CUBE trainee too. Used too but now uhm,” Nami frantically waves her hands trying to explain herself.

"Well, I really have to leave Nami-shi. I have appointment to goes. Nice meeting you, again?” Seulyi quickly dismiss herself as she is getting irks again. Except the fact she really can’t remember Nami.

“Ah, ne ne. I’m sorry I speak too much right. Ah I’m sorry. Yes, nice meeting you too. Please be safe,” Nami bows again.

Isnt she too young not to call Seunghee and Sorn unnie? Please be safe? Can she foresee the future for me? Oh well.


April of 2013

Bold = The line in English.

Jaelyn skims thru the list of passport that is in her hand. As soon as the airport landed she held the members' passports in her hand sans Minjun who had to return early for his "The Three Musketeer" Musical. While the member waited for their respecitve luggage's she sits on her own luggae and skims the schedule for the week. After this the member are given one day break before tommorow they are back for dance practice for A.D.T.O.Y. and C.W.Y.H.T.S.. This is their first Korean comeback after the scandal of Nickhun DUI scandal.

She only work for 2PM as their manager for 2 years yet she feels more bonded to them compare to them than her fellow trainee friends. They are really welcoming and friendly well beside the fact they are sometimes like to order her around because they can, but other than they are really helpful. Whenever she screw up, they quickly cover her up and not let other managers know.

Tho this year is her second year as 2PM manager , in three days marked her 7th year as a JYP trainee. She still join the dance practice whenever she got off days as manager just to remind why she is in JYP in first place. Seeing someone younger than her like Suzy debutted in Miss A with 1 year practice makes her wonder is she not really worth it to be an idol. and plus she also getting old. And the chances of her to debut is thinning.

She sighs outwardly then shun as she feel somebody knock her head softly. She looks up and saw Taecyeon swiftly grab her cap off her head. "Oi manager-nim come on. Everyone had their luggages already, " Taecyeon said while he wears her cap.

"Taec come on, give it back. The cap save me from your crazy fangirls," Jaelyn said while she tiptoes on her feet to grab the cap back only fails. Taecyeon smirks seeing her useless attempt. Usually whenever she is out as 2PM manager she always wear cap or thick-rimmed spectacles, that stop fans from attacking her.

"Its ur fault from being to pretty Jay. You have been our manager for 2 years now. They should accept this pretty manager is not going anywhere," Taecyeon winked as he said that. Then he walk while dragging Jaelyn by the shoulder towards the immigration exit.

"It doesnt help you gets too territorial whenever we in public," Jaelyn always feel thankful for the attention that Taecyeon gives since she knew her back in training days. and she being 2PM manager is also because of Taecyeon, she wanted to quit being a trainee at her fifth year anniversary then Taecyeon offer to her to replace Minjae who is on paternity leave because his wife delivers early than the expected date. and since then she started became 2PM manager especially for their overseas promotion. She also serves as their translator.

"I like to see you blush," Taecyen said while holdign out his palm to her for his passport.

Unknowingly she blushes, "My cap for your passport," She held back the passports behind her back.

He dramatically sighs, "This is a scam,"

"Quit it Taec. Come on I still need to pass others' passports," Jaelyn pinches his arm and Taecyeon dramatically whine how it hurts but he complies to Jaelyn request anyway. He takes off her cap and put on head before messing up her ponytail. He quickly speedwalks from Jaelyn after he got passport before Jaelyn could pinches him again.

Before she could tidy up her ponytail and securely wear the cap, a hand steals her cap again. This time it is Chansung. Junho who is standing beside Chansung, squints his eyes with a mischievious gleam. Jaelyn squints her eyes back to Junho in disapproval."Jay can you two date already. Enough joking. Date now," Chansung in broken English.

Jaelyn fight the urge to smack Chansung in the head cuz A.fans are still watching. and B. Her hands could only reach his shoulder. "Yeah stop it. Date now," Junho follows with another broken English. Jaelyn scoffs at both of them and shoved their respective passport at their hands.

"Why Jay did we say something wrong?" Chansung said while Junho pretending to pout at silence Jaelyn.

"You know we ship Taec-Jay," Junho continue to while forcing her to walk, while squeezing her betweeen Chansung and him.

"Keep on walking guys, your fans are waiting for your fashion show, " She said and quicly pinch them at the sides making their two jumps and Jaelyn succeed in freeing herself.

" I'm watching you Han Manager," Chansung said before he walks away with Junho who is squinting his eyes.

"Your eyes are dissappearing, Junho," Jaelyn teases and quickly run to hide behind Nickhun.

"Yah! Hold me Chansung. Hold me. You die!,"

"Keep walking guys, we dont wanna be late," Wooyoung who was walking with Nickhun come and drag them by the collar, (In Chansung case, he drag him by his arm).

She swiftly managed to pass the International Arrival gate without getting too much attention to herself. To her delight, Junseob is already waiting outside with the van.

I survived the zombie apocalypse" She said dramatically as she sit on beside Juseob, on the passenger seat. The two sit in comfortable silent as they wait for 2PM to board the van.

Breaking the silence, Juseob said, "Ah Jay you dont have to go to Minjun musical today, Ill go,"

But its my turn tho oppa," Jaelyn tilted her head in confusion. As the maknae manager, mostly she handled solo activities, aka the personal chaffeur (which is why Nickhun call her Lyn-derella), not that mine as she can ogles all the idols that are filming with the member.

You'll have a more important meeting after this," Junseob smirks like he know something she doesnt. Jaelyn stares at Junseob signing him to continue speaking but he keep on smirking and then back to scrolling his phone's screen. "Any minute now, " He mutters lowly. Jaelyn keep glaring at Junseob but Junseob keep on ignoring her. "Patience is virtue my child,"

And as cue, her phone rings.Seeing MoonSuh unnie, JYP secretary name flashed on her phone shocked her a bit. Normally MoonSuh only contact her regarding her to her trainee contract.

"Anyeonghaseyo Moonsuh unnie, how have you been," Jaelyn cna literally feel Juseob's eyes wander to her as she picked up the phone. Juseob softly nudges her shoulder.

"I'm fine Jay. Jinyoung oppa want to have meeting with you Jay at 7P.M later at his office,"

"Ah really. And I'm getting a raised," Jaelyn said jokingly.

"Yes, you are getting raised from manager trainee to an idol"

 

 

 

EarthJupiterian's NOTE [ ♦ ] We tried our best, hope the very first introduction of the story is to your liking. Not the best writer out here but ENJOY!!! So sorry that it took so long for us to write the very first chapter. But either way, I am so glad that we finally finished the first chapter. And~ Revealation of Gem's members. Yay~~ *Claps like a seal*

 

nerd_91's NOTE [ ♦ ] How is it? Are you looking forward to the member? We hope you are. We are sorry for the long delay for the first chapter but here it the member's story. ;)