Winter of 2014

[New Chapter-Winter of 2014 Part 2] GEMS - Group of Eternally Magnificent Souls(Apply Open for Graphic Designer)

Of How We Meet

 

Will I be a good leader to lead the kids? 5 years . Even my manager is younger than me. Argh, me and my ego in taking orders from someone younger than me. I should know this would happen, who even debut at this age? What even.. I can’t even

How do I remain respected as a leader and being a good friend to girls? Can I do it? And I’m even half talented, I should practice more. Eunkyung and Nami have their golden voice. Maerin is a triple threat; she can dance, sing and rap. Winni can hold her vocals well but no double she will be the visual or center. I only have my rapping and thank god at least I’m getting better in dancing. Argh, too many worries.

 

“Oh crap, I’m sorry sorry” Jaelyn quickly apologize as she felt she hit someone. The other person apologized profusely and pick up stuffs from the floor.

“Normal klutz me. Haha”

“Oh Hyojin-nim. Anyeonghaseyo,“ Jaelyn quickly bowed as she realized it is Hyojin, the lyricist that she run into.

“Ah, I told you many times not to call me that. We are same age peers,” Hyojin teased.

“Ah but still, you are my sunbae in the entertainment world. Oh! ”Then,  Jaelyn clapped her hand as she remembered something.

“Yes?” Hyojin asked, eye-wide.

“I wanna thank you for voting my name against Jiyeon, Jiyeon is a strong contender. And without you, I could never get the rap part in Sunmi’s sunbae Full Moon. Thank you very much. Allow me to buy you lunch someday, please,”

“Ah no no. You are good rapper, your style of rap fits the song feels more. I mean sure Jiyeon is a better rapper, but your style fits it better. Oh, I’m not saying that your style of rapping is bad” Hyojin said animatedly.

Jaelyn laughed. “Nah, I admit Jiyeon is a better rapper than me, which I’m really thankful that for your vote of confidence towards me and also allowing me to write my own rap for my part. Gomawoyo Hyojin-nim”

“Ah sure, your welcome. Oh, I just remember how you and Aecha-shi are?” Hyojin asked, trying to divert the attention off her.

Jaelyn hesitated. Sure, she want to tell Hyojin as she feel ease with Hyojin but she is a staff. Isn’t there like secrecy of JYP staff not to rant out each other?

“Uhm we are getting better. I guess,” Jaelyn scrunched her nose, a habit she developed when she is lying.

“Maybe you guys can have a casual lunch and talk about it? Like you guys can set the rule, “ Hyojin advised softly.

“Yeah, you know my thing with age and order” Jaelyn said reluctantly.

“I know, that’s why I choose you for the rap part. You can work well with Sunmi because she is closer to your age and as I imagined you help Sunmi shine more in Full Moon and in Aecha’s case, I mean sure Aecha-nim is new to JYP and younger but she is still your manager and she is in charge of the group management,”

Jaelyn stay silent as she trying to digest Hyojin’s advice. “Okay. Thanks tho. I have to leave for the group meeting. Uhm it was nice talking to you Hyojin-nim,” She is thankful for Hyojin concern and her advice but right she gotta meet the kids first to gain her confidence.

“You will be a great leader Jaelyn-shi. Hwaiting!” Hyojin mock saluted. Jaelyn nodded weakly in return.

“Ack, I’m late for my date” Hyojin shrieked as she glance at her watch

“With yoongi?” Jaelyn asked.

“Yeah, today is his day off and I promised him that I will bring him to my family grape farm today. I have to leave first, take care Jaelyn” Hyojin bowed.

“Neh, be safe” Jaelyn bowed back.

 

 

For the past few minutes, Seulyi has been pacing back and forth in front of the Dory practice room. She knew nobody is inside as

A. She arrived one hour early from the schedule.

B. The practice room was dark from the moment she arrives until this particular moment.

C. She went back inside to practice some dancing task the trainer assigned and after good 10minute, she went back outside.

 

And here she is pacing back and forth in front of the room. She stopped as she heard footsteps approaching. Is it gonna be other staff or trainee or just passing by or Moonsuh unnie the head of manager, the one that call for the meeting.

“Oh, it’s you!” Seulyi shouted as she a familiar face, with her hand pointing towards the other. Ha Maerin

“Yes, it is me!” Maerin replied to the call with the same volume, only with tone of excitement of seeing a familiar face contrasting to Seulyi’s shaky tone.

“Ah sorry,” Seulyi quickly lowered her fingers as she find it’s a bit rude to point. “You are here for THE meeting too?” She point at the practice room.

“Oh yeah, you too? Let’s wait inside for others,” Maerin said gleefully as she opened the door to the practice room.

“T-there is others too?” Seulyi followed Maerin’s pursuit.

“Yeah, I asked the person in charge. It seems like we are gonna debut with 5 members. You, me, Jaelyn unnie, Eunkyung and another girl from CUBE. You should know right Seulyi-shi, “ Maerin said excitedly and clasped her hands together.

“Uhm sure. Jaelyn unnie? The ex-trainee who is now 2PM’s manager?” Seulyi asked.

“Yeah, that unnie. I heard that she only become 2PM’s manager to replace this particular manager and then because of 2PM sunbaenim got comfortable with her so she stayed there. And now, since JYP planned to debut a new girl group AKA us she got called back,” Maerin said while sitting down near the mirror.

“Oh okay okay. Eunjung or ?” Seulyi asked as it seems like Maerin know everyone.

“Haha, its Eunkyung. It seems like she is the youngest of all member. Hum, I don’t know about her that much beside her golden voice. She doesn’t interact much with other trainee and she always had her RBF on,” Maerin replied while putting a cold expression and then snickered.

“RBF, what’s that?” Seulyi tilted her head in confusion.

“Resting face,” Maerin mocked a RBF expression.

“Ahh I understood. How about the other trainee, the one from Cube?” Seulyi wondered. A girl from CUBE then she must at least seen her when she was in CUBE.

“Hum, she just arrived so I haven’t managed to meet her but I also noticed she always stays to herself.” Maerin scratched her chin. Seulyi nodded.

“Oh, I’m Ha Maerin. You can me Maer or Maemae as in little sister in Mandarin,” Maerin held out her hand for a handshake.

“Oh, I’m Kang Seulyi. You can call me Seul. Oh you know Mandarin too? Are you perhaps Chinese too?” Seulyi asked. Normally, she tried to hide out that she has Chinese blood because of her Chinese grandmother married her Korean grandfather. Foreign trainees aren’t much welcomed compare to Korean trainee.

“Yeah, I’m half Chinese. My mum,” Maerin said.

“Oh, me too! I mean not my mum but my grandmother is Chinese and she got married with my Korean grandfather. Oh, it seems like you know everyone well Maer. For how long, you’ve been training in JYP?” Seulyi said while trying to find a comfortable spot on the floor. She ends up leaning against the mirror.

“Hehe, not long. Only 2 years. I requested to be transferred from SM to here. Ugh, I don’t know what SM have against foreign trainee and going to church. You know how typically the weekends training are way more harder than the weekdays because we had extra time?” Maerin whined. Seulyi nodded then pouted remembering how hard she was pushed back in Cube.

“So, I requested for my off time to go to church on alternate Sunday and they said no! I got so frustrated so I’ve requested to be transferred when the chances was there. And I’m really glad how JYP training on weekend only half difficult back in SM and sometimes we even got time off right?” Maerin said.

Seulyi put her hand up asking for a high five which Maerin complied happily, “Yeah, I agree! I feel more relaxed in JYP. Back in CUBE, we never got time off on weekends and sometimes we were asked to be personal assistant for our sunbae for the sake of ‘instilling’ our social skills. Sure, it was fun we get to see how they work on set and we get to meet all the idols but being ordered around all day, it’s NO.FUN. at all. Sometimes the sunbaes, they don’t even ask us to do anything but the manager can’t stand us not doing anything,” Seulyi pouted.

Dumbfounded, Maerin stay silent for a while, “CUBE does that. That is literally abusing the traineers. I can’t stand people like that” Maerin held her fist up.

A couple of minutes later, their chatters were interrupted as a timid-looking girl entered the room. “Uhm H-hi is this Dory practice room?”

“No,” Maerin put a stern face. Seulyi stiffled her giggles, looking how Maerin trying her best to tease the new girl.

“Ah really, I’m sorry” The girl bowed profusely and quickly heads back out.

“Hehe. This is Dory. Hi, I’m Ha Maerin,” Maerin quickly stands up and goes to the girl with Seulyi following her.

The girl sighed in relief, “Oh hi Maerin. I’m Bang Nami” Nami said and she bowed politely.

“Hi I’m Kang Seulyi. Oh, the Bang Nami that knew I hung out with Seunghee and Sorn,” Seulyi pointed her index finger towards Nami and quickly put finger down in hasty.

“Ah yes, that is me. Hehe.” Nami smiled sheepishly.

“How come I never see you in CUBE?” Seulyi asked.

“Uhm I always keep to myself. Hehe” Nami meekly replied.

Maerin glance at Seulyi as in sending message See I told ya was right. Seulyi giggled. And that was the start of SeulMaeT.


“Yugyeom, you think this will work?” Jaelyn stared into Yugyeom’s intensely.

“Yes noona,” Yugyeom grabbed both of Jaelyn’s hand and put the muslin bag into her palm.

Glaring at Yugyeom’s hands who still linger on her wrist, “Do you want to die?”

Yugyeom chortled happily and quickly remove his hand off Jaelyn’s.  “I wonder why you don’t like skinship”“That matter is not up for discussion. This however is. Again, you sure this gonna work for second time?” Jaelyn raised the Muslin bag to their eye level. Yugyeom nodded sternly.

“101%”

“Why the 1% tho?” Jaelyn questioned.

“Just because” Yugyeom raised his shoulders dismissively.

 

Bambam, Mark, Jaebum and Youngjae stared at Yugyeom and Jaelyn who was squatting at the corner while talking in hushed tone. Then, the three of them return to their respective games while Bambam continue trying out the outfit for today. Today is the day 1 of practice stage of SBS Gayo Daejun.

“I’m pretty sure those two are up to no good, again” Youngjae said while killing another bunch of mages.

“I think Jae noona hangs out with the kids too much until she too, act childishly,” Jaebum said.

“Shush, don’t say it outloud. You know how sensitive noona about her age,” Bambam hushed as he tries the ninth shoes of the day.

All of JYP trainee knew about Jaelyn story. How she is the longest trainee JYP Ent ever have, 11 years. Some when have exceeded 5 to 6 years, they either got transferred or requested to be drop but not Jaelyn. She stayed when JYP promised her a solo debut; she stayed there when JYP replaced her with Hyuna in Wonder Girls and with Suzy in Miss A.

“But we do have Jisoo right? She is going to reach her 10 years next year right?” Bambam said.

“Yeah, but Jisoo is like 6 years younger than noona” Mark said matter-of-factly.

“Argh, minion attacks. JB hyung, help me” Youngjae said while elbowing Jaebum on the sides.

“I heard that beside Eunkyung, those two would be joined by other 96-er member. Mark hyung, can you pass the shoes beside your feet?” Bambam requested.

Mark without raising his head, slides the shoes to Bambam with his legs.

“Thanks hyung. Anyhow, they will start with sub-unit first like how you start hyung JJ project. Jinyoung PD-nim wasn’t satisfied with the reaction from Emerald debut,” BamBam continued.

“More kids to handle then. I hope noona will gain strength” Jaebum said.

“Hyung, aren’t you glad you have us?” Youngjae said. Jaebum ignore Youngjae remark and remain focused playing his game.

“Oh I think Mark hyung know one of the possible members, Mira was it?” Bambam asked.

“Yeah, I know her” Mark said nonchalantly.

“Ah that Mira. The one Henry hyung ask Jackson to take care of” Jaebum said as he remembered how Jackson was excited to have Mira coming over to JYP. Once Mira arrived, Jackson introduced her to all GOT7 members and not long, everyone but Mark can see Mira had a thing for Mark.

“Hyung, I think she likes you tho” Youngjae teased.

“Oh really. I think she is a cute dongsaeng” Mark, again nonchalantly.

At the same time, Youngjae, Jaebum and Bambam snickered at Mark reply.

“We have two SM transfer into Jae noona’s group. Mira and Maerin. I hang out with Maer  and her partner in crime Seulyi yesterday, both of them seems cool. They know a lot of place to hang out especially Seul, she know a lot about the latest fashion” Bambam said.

“Oh already on pet names. Hyung, look at this guy” Youngje said menacingly.

“I’m watching you Bambam,” Ironically, Jaebum doesn’t even raise his head to look at Bambam. “So, technically all 4 of them are 96-ers. Wah, the ” Jaebum continued.

“So, that’s explained why Jae noona is more childish than usual, probably she is stressed. But, should we worry about those two lovebirds tho?” Mark said while lips jutting out towards Eunkyung and Jinyoung who was giggling and talking quietly.

“I think they are good tho,” Jaebum raised his head in nanoseconds to glance at them and then continue playing.

“Are you that nervous that you keep on trying the same shoe for the ninth time Bam?” Mark asked.

 

Bambam frozen and looked at his shoes, “Oh I did. Am I supposed to be cool we gonna dance with RedVelvet and Lovelyz tho?”

 

“So, Tuesdays With Morrie start with the Curiculum chapter, Albom reminisce how he was the only student of Morrie. No grades are given but there were oral exams like responding to questions, perform physical task like placing the professor’s glace on the bridge of his nose and in fact kissing him good-bye earned you extra credit. Can you imagine class as free like that?” Jinyoung said animatedly while Eunkyung listened intensely.

“Wow, class like that would be super interesting tho. Class as free like that, learning wouldn’t be super hard. The professor too seems understanding,” Eunkyung chortled.

“And the catch is that, Albom is the only student for Morrie”

“The only student, how?” Eunkyung tilted her head.

“Morrie was diagnose with Amyotrophic Lateral Scelorosis”

“Oh ALS, a terminal disease,”

“Yes, at first he was frustrated like why me, god. How did he get it? And then as time goes by, he come to accept the cold truth and so he announced to the class, that he was going to die and he might not even survived the finish the semester, thus he asked if the students wish to drop the course its fine by him,” Jinyoung explained.

“Wow, Morrie is really cool. I wish I had teacher like him,” Eunkyung said.

“The one with terminal cancer?” Jinyoung fake out a gasp.

“What no, I don’t hate my teacher that much” Eunkyung slaps Jinyoung arm.

“Sure you don’t~ ” Jinyoung singsong.

“Okey, I just have minor dislikeness towards my teacher. He doesn’t get it why I couldn’t nail the acting class. Acting is not for me. Why do I even need the acting class, I’m majoring in vocal? And he always nitpicking my expression and sometime he even purposely give me zero!”

“Hum in my honest opinion, we need acting class as it helps with our expression on stage. The facial expression is part of our fan service as we perform on stage. And knowing you because you already mark in your mind you dislike the acting class, its making yourself harder to perform well,” Jinyoung said.

“Ah but it’s still too hard,” Eunkyung whined.

“First, set your mind on positive thoughts; remember the passion that drives you on stage? Oh, I remember you gonna bring the poetry book you just read?”Jinyoung as he rested his chin on his palm.

 

Eunkyung remembering the book drew the book out of her backpack and put the book on Jinyoung’s lap. “A Streak of Color. The poetry book has different parts, divided by colours so it’s based on mood. For example, if you are feeling down you read the blue part. When you are in joy, you read the orange or yellow part.This author is such an inspiration, he write these when he as 16!”

 

“Wow, at 16 years old. So, currently what color are you feeling?” Jinyoung asked while randomly going thru the pages of the book.

“I’m feeling orange,”

“Oh orange, any poems you like to share,” Jinyoung passed the book back to her.

“Hum, let me see. Body Motion sounds good”

 

With the motion of your hands

The motion of your leg

The music’s gotten you to dance

From the next song to the next

 

You move your head

To the rhythm

Everyone’s mad

Crazy like you are

 

The heavy bass pumps up your heart

Everyone with smiles and everyone laughs

All dance along and do their part

Dance is a bodily art

You can do it however you like.

 

Both of them immersed in reading the poetry and the people surrounding slowly start to fade out into nothing.

Jinyoung breaking the silence and softly ruffled Eunkyung’s hair. “Aigoo”

Eunkyung, cleared in embarrassment “Uhm, whats up with Jackson oppa tho? It’s a bit weird to see him sleeping and not making ruckus,” Both of them diverted their attention to Jackson who was sleeping soundly on a dressing table, one sofa away from Jinyoung.

“Oh he just came back from Roommate recording at 7AM and then our manager drop him directly to SBS station as he missed the bus to our dorm,” Jinyoung explained.

“Ah, really. Oppa, I’m pretty sure Jae unnie and Yugyeom is up to no good” Eunkyung point to Jaelyn and Yugyeom who is walking sneakily towards Jackson. Noticing that Eunkyung and Jinyoung are eyeing them, Jaelyn put her index finger on her lips indicating them to be silent.

“What do you think inside the small bag?” Jinyoung asked as he saw Jaelyn slowly put the small bag on top of Jackson’s lips. Jackson pursed his lips as he can feel something on his lips, Jaelyn quickly lift up the small bag.

Again, she repeats as Jackson unjutted his lips. She repeats until Jackson got his tongue over his lips to feel the taste. Jaelyn give sign to Yugyeom and Yugyeom quickly pinch Jackson’s nose which resulting to Jackson opening his mouth. Quickly, Jaelyn drop the bag in Jackson's mouth and both of them run away before Jackson could react.

Jackson got awake as he started to choke on the bag. Angrily, he spit out the bag. “Arghh salty. Blegh. Water!” He looked at where he just spit out. A muslin bag of salt. “Jae noona, Yugyeom!” Jackson roared.