Came the Healer

Seal of Dark Fate

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Came the Healer


 

IT WAS TOO LATE.

She wasn't able to reach him in time.

She wasn't able to save Yoongi.

But the Guardians did.

The sound of the sword hitting a hard surface reached her ears and she saw a thick wall of ice protecting Yoongi from the black sword that was just three inches away from taking his life away.

She turned and saw Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun and Suho.

Chanyeol attacked Yoongi's opponent with a fire ball while Suho helped Yoongi and dragged him to the safe side. Xiumin and Kyungsoo joined in the fight by helping JR and Jackson.

Baekhyun and Sehun ran towards her. "Thank goodness you're okay."

"They got Jungkook and our friends," she said frantically, pointing to where her friends are as well as Jungkook. "We have to get them back!"

Then her eyes widened when she saw something very weird happening. The air—no, the space—was being opened; like it was being torn apart until a hole appeared out of nowhere. Light was coming from it and it seemed to lead into another place.

"W-what was that!?" she blurted.

"Damn, they opened a portal!" Baekhyun said. "Suho, they're planning on escaping!"

"Get the Prince and protect the Princess!" Suho yelled back as he was trying to stop the severe bleeding on Yoongi's shoulder. The others were trapped in their own fight, too.

Sehun charged towards the two sorcerers holding Jungkook and the other boys captive. He sent sharp blows of wind towards the one not holding the Prince. He managed to wound him and knock him off his feet, thus, freeing the five boys. They dropped to the ground, taking air into their deprived lungs, still too weak to move.

Sehun faced the one holding Jungkook next but he can't just make an attack lest he'll hurt the Prince, too.

"Hello, Guardians," the sorcerer greeted in a mocking voice, "Here to save your Royalties?"

The Wind Guardian gritted his teeth in anger as he took a glance at the trembling Prince. "Release him now!"

Jungkook was too frightened and shaken to escape the evil sorcerer's grasp.

The sorcerer laughed. "Hate to break it to you but he's not your Prince to save."

"What the are you talking about?!" Sehun asked angrily.

"Let's go now, Kyuhyun!" one of the sorcerers yelled before he disappeared into the portal.

"See you soon," the one called Kyuhyun said. In a blink of an eye, he attacked Sehun with a black fire ball that the Guardian barely blocked as it caught him off guard. Right after that, he disappeared into the portal, too.

"No!" Haeyoon shrieked and was about to run towards the portal, too, but Baekhyun held her back. "Let me go! I need to get Jungkook back!"

"No," Baekhyun pulled her closer and hugged her tighter. "We can't lose you, too! We'll get him back but not now!"

"For collateral," one of the cloaked men left uttered before knocking Jimin unconscious and dragging him towards the portal. It happened so fast and none of them was able to react.

"T-they're taking my friends, too!" Haeyoon struggled in Baekhyun's hold once again, frustrated angry tears now streaming down her face. "Do something!"

However, before any of them could attack, the other cloaked men disappeared, too, as well as the other four boys and the portal.

 

IT WAS NOT HER FAULT, that's what they kept on telling her.

But then whose fault is it?

Whose fault is it that her friends and her brother got captured?

None of this could've happened if she only knew how to use her powers properly. None of this could've happened if she was strong enough to protect them. If only she was as strong as what they thought her to be.

But she was weak. Always weak. Always the one that needed protection. And the people protecting her always end up getting hurt.

How pathetic.

"Here, drink this," Kyungsoo said softly as he handed her a mug of hot chocolate.

She took it and said in a quiet voice, "How is he doing? Can I see him now?"

Kyungsoo slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry but...you can't...I mean not until they're finish tending to his wound..." he sighed. "Haeyoon...please..." he wasn't even sure what he's pleading for anymore. All he was sure about was that it hurts to see her like that.

Haeyoon drew her knees closer to her chest as she stared out the window and into the dark starless night. The warm drink was a comfort to her shaking and cold hands but it wasn't enough. She knew Kyungsoo was lying about Yoongi's condition. They were all lying to her with the intention of making her feel better but she's feeling the opposite. She felt terrible, so, so terrible, but she didn't say anything. She didn't insist on seeing Yoongi, instead, she stayed on one of the rooms in Myungsoo's house like they told her because, honestly, her strength seemed to have left her all at once.

Kyungsoo's heart ached at the sight of Haeyoon. Her eyes lost its twinkle and her lips lost her pretty smiles. He knew she was hurt, sad, scared and lost because he can somehow...feel it, too. The other Guardians were being affected by her emotions, too.

Her eyes were still puffy and her nose was still red from her previous crying and it pains him that he can't do anything to cheer her up.

"Haeyoon..." he reached for her cheek and caressed it.

"He will get better, right?" Haeyoon suddenly said and to him, it sounded more like she was pleading him to agree with her. "We will get them back, right?"

There was that painful squeezing at his heart again when he saw her eyes glimmered with unshed tears once again. "Yes, everything will be alright, I promise."

 

"WHAT NOW, MYUNGSOO?" Suho asked frantically, his hands never leaving Yoongi's bleeding wound. "He will die of blood loss at this rate."

At this point, Yoongi was as pale as a sheet of paper and he was on the verge of losing his consciousness.

"Can't we bring him to the hospital?" Sehun suggested.

"Are you an idiot?" Xiumin hissed at him. "It's not just a simple wound," he pointed to the Gieldan's wound where black smoke was coming out. The wound was clearly poisoned. "The human doctors will freak out once they saw that."

Apparently, black magic can be a poison to Light sorcerers like them. Yoongi's wound can't be healed by human ways. It needed to be healed in a sorcerer's way but there wasn't any healer among them.

"That's why I'm looking for something that we can do to his wound!" Myungsoo answered as he browsed through the Lucerian books they had found on his shelves. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were helping him out. The other five Guardians were still out looking for Lay and have no idea about their encounter with the black sorcerers yet.

"What about Haeyoon?" Chanyeol said. "She can heal, too, right?"

"No," came Yoongi's weak protest. "Don't let her see me in this state."

The Gieldan's answer shut Chanyeol up. They can see where Yoongi's disapproval of the idea was coming from. Haeyoon might not be able to take seeing her brother in this state after what happened earlier.

"Hey, we brought something that might help," Jackson announced as he entered the living room, his six other brothers right on his tail. They approached the table in the middle where Yoongi was laid.

Jackson and his brothers offered help in protecting Haeyoon and the Guardians accepted. Besides, they need all the help they can get if they really want to pursue the plan that Myungsoo came up with about saving the Prince and the five other human boys.

Sehun scoffed. "Coming from you? I don't think it is any good."

However, not all of them are happy with having the Hunters as alliance. Sehun was one of them. He still can't forget the fact that Jackson and his group left Lucere in the middle of the war.

"Sehun!" Suho said in a reprimanding tone. "Now's not the time for that."

Yugyeom glared at Sehun and when Mark saw this, he instantly clamped a hand on the younger's shoulder to calm him.

"Let me see," JB, the leader of the Hunters, stood beside Suho to take a good look at Yoongi's wound. "Are there any scissors?"

Xiumin gave him a pair and he quickly but carefully cut Yoongi's shirt. They all frowned at the extent of the damage. The poison was already spreading on his arms and half of his chest, turning his skin grayish and his veins black.

JB brought out a small vial with a rich purple liquid inside. The Guardians knew that it was a medicine for wounds used in Lucere. JB poured the contents on the wound and they watched as it produced white mist upon contact on his flesh. Some part of the wound healed but it wasn't enough.

"There's too much damage," JB said.

"Don't you have anymore of the medicine?" Myungsoo asked as he paused from finding some alternative remedy on his books.

"I believe that's our last stock," Youngjae answered.

"," Yoongi moaned from the pain. "Am I gonna die?"

"If the poison spread throughout your body, yes," Suho answered in all honesty.

"Your too blunt," Yoongi rasped, "You know that?"

"Seeing as you still can speak like that, I guess you'll live long enough for us to find a cure," JR said.

"Ah, helping out your rival school," Yoongi cracked one eye open as he remarked with a hoarse voice. "What a turn of events."

"Shut up, Suga," Myungsoo said. "You're dying yet you still talk about that rivalry between your schools."

"Just goes to show that he's not really dying," Bambam butted in.

"Ugh!" Yoongi groned in pain as his breathing became labored.

"The poison is still spreading," JB said worriedly.

"This is pointless!" Baekhyun yelled in frustration as he threw the book he was reading. "There's nothing in this books!"

Everybody grew anxious. Their time was running out and they might not be able to save Yoongi in time.

"We need a sorcerer that can heal," JR said.

"Good thing we found one here," someone said.

They all turned, except Yoongi, towards the entrance of the living room and saw Kris standing there together with Luhan, Kai, Tao and Chen.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked.

Another figure stepped in front and surprised gasps were heard.

"Lay."


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

YEY! The twelve Guardians are complete!!!! Poor Haeyoon, Jungkook and the others are kidnapped. What'll be our casts plan now that the HUNTERS are on their side? Who are these Hunters anyway? Find out on the next chap!

Short and unedited. Hope ya'll still like it. Toodles! Gonna go party now! LMAO!

Please, let me hear your thoughts, guys! :D