Awake. Again.

Welcoming Winter

 

Knock, knock.I heard the faint taping on my door; I moved the sheets away from my face and sat up in the bed.

“Come in.” I said, my voice hoarse, I needed something to drink.

“Kibum? I brought you some coffee.” Jinki said as he stepped through the door way.

“How long have I been in here?” I asked him after taking a sip. My throat instantly felt better.

“About six hours…” Jinki trailed of as he sat on my bed, “are you feeling any better?” he asked. I nodded, I didn’t feel quite as sick anymore. Just tired, very tired. I was tired of trying to keep my hopes up, of trying to stay awake when I really did just need a dreamless sleep, of trying to be brave for my friends, but mostly, I was tired of lying to myself that I could be brave.

“Hmm, I’m fine. Thanks Jinki.” I said taking another sip. He got up and walked over to my bed-side table, picking up a remote – I didn’t know what it belonged too. He pressed a button and the wardrobe in front of my bed opened revealing a TV.

“Omo! I didn’t know that was there.” I said, moving my legs into a crisscross position.

“Oh, you didn’t?” Jinki said, he wasn’t really asking, he was too focused on hitting the buttons on the remote, he changed the station to the news.

“Jinki, I don’t want to watch this!” I complained, I was about to flop backwards onto the bed but then I remembered my coffee. But, I remembered too late and it got on my shirt. “Omo! Ow!” I said as the hot liquid seeped through my thin t-shirt. “See what you made me do? Get out you big piece of tofu! Go cuddle with Taemin or something.”

Jinki smiled, “it’s good to see you haven’t lost your sense of humor.” He said, tossing the remote over on the couch in the corner of the room and walked out, closing the door behind him. It’s good to see you haven’t lost your sense of – my foot up your ! God, he was annoying sometimes.

I rolled out of bed, grabbing another sweater out of my suitcase, which was now moved closer to the half-bath I had attached to my room. There were a lot of things I hadn’t noticed about this place until today. Like the fact I had a mini-fridge in here too. A mini-fridge­. I so wasn’t leaving this room any more. I chuckled to myself as I walked into the bath room to quickly clean up and change.

---

I walked out of the bath room, looking at my bed all way over near the other side of the room. There was no way I was going to make it that far and to be honest; I didn’t want to be in bed any more. I’ve spent too much time in that thing, even though I just finished saying I need sleep. Needing sleep and needing a bed are two different things.

I sat on one of the loveseat couches – the one the remote was on – and tucked my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them to hold my coffee. I switched the channel away from the news; I didn’t want to hear it anymore. I wound up on the weather network. You know, because that’s so much better. I let my eyes scan the screen.

"Oh great.” I huffed; it looked like the snow storm was picking up again. I turned my vision over to the window, it was easier to see out of now, but at the same time, it wasn’t – mostly because I was too far away, I hoped. I looked back at the TV; I assume it won’t be available much longer. But oh well.

I aimlessly flipped through channels until finally landing on some old movie. I didn’t know the name, but I remember watching it from before. I set my coffee down and leaned back farther into the couch. I let myself relax a little and started to watch my movie.