Together.

Welcoming Winter

 

We walked out of my room – holding hands behind my back – to see Taemin and Jinki sitting next to each other on one side of the couch ‘subtly’ holding hands – they were watching the static on TV, why I did not know. Maybe it was only obvious to me. Or not, as I looked over to a pissed off and irritated Minho,

“Hey hyung!” Taemin said cheerily, releasing Jinki’s hand to come give me a hug, whispering in my ear. “Are you happy to see Jjong?” I blushed lightly. I nodded. He giggled and walked back over to Jinki, grabbing his hands and waltzing him off to the kitchen saying that they’d make the cocoa.

Jjong leaned back to see into the kitchen better. By his expression I assume he say what I’d seen earlier. I chuckled. He leaned into me.

“Is there something going on with them?” he asked. Duh, stupid.

“Duh, you don’t make out with someone if there isn’t something going on.”I sighed.

“Wait – so theres something going on with us then?” he stepped back looking at me wide eyed. I dropped my hand form his.

“Are you kidding me –?” I began to yell but was cut off by his finger pressing against my lips.

“Shh, yeobo, I’m joking.” He said and leaned in closer to whisper into my ear. “I don’t say ‘I love you’ to just anyone.” I visibly relaxed.

“You’re such an , you know that?” I said giving him an irritated look and walked off into the kitchen.

“Awh! Bummie, don’t be angry!” I heard his call after me; I swiftly ignored him and walked in on the other couple making out. I coughed purposely and they sprang apart.

“Get a room.” I said and walked over to the fridge to grab the milk.

“We did.” Jinki said is an irritated tone. Taemin elbowed him in the stomach, I chuckled and smiled lightly.

“You guys are cute.” I said and went to find the cocoa mix.

“I think you two are cute.” Said Taemin coming up on my side.

“Is it that obvious?” I asked him out of the side of my mouth.

Big time.” Jinki said from inside the fridge – he was probably looking for junk food.

“Ice-cream’s in the freezer moron.” I said over my shoulder, I heard the fridge door shut and the freezer door open, I smirked. I turned back to Taemin.

“If you think we’re so obvious, don’t you think Minho can tell about you two?” I asked raising an eyebrow. Taemin laughed lightly.

“Hyung, we’ve been dating for two months, none of you noticed.” I chocked on the air I was breathing – two months?! Where the was I?!

“Oh. Well, I think you let your guard down.” I said recovering from before. He looked at me curiously. “Even Jjong could tell. The between you two has been strong lately. I’m guessing it’s because you haven’t need to hide it since we got here.” I was amused by Taemin’s frightened expression.

“Jinki! See? I told you!” he whined, walking over to his significant other and hitting him upside the head. “Sorry Taeminnie.” He said with a spoon full of chocolate ice-cream jammed in his mouth. I grabbed onto Taemin’s hand and mentioned to Jinki to get started on that hot cocoa he’d supposedly been making this whole time.

---

We walked back into the living room; Minho and Jjong were taking over in the corner of the room, by the evil window. Taemin was pulling me towards the couch, but my eyes stayed on Jonghyun and when he looked at me I suddenly felt the need to be next to him. I let go of Taemin's hand and walked towards Jjong reaching out towards him. When I got to a close enough distance he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his side, wrapping his arm around me in an almost-protective way, pressing his lips to my hair.

I looked up at Minho, whose face was showing shock, but his eyes were showing regret. He let out a sigh and looked over a Taemin who sat on the couch, seemingly mesmerized by the static on the TV – but I could tell he was just avoiding Minho’s stare. I wasn’t sure what had happened between the two of them, but something told me that Minho was mad, and that Taemin was sorry – he just hadn’t told Minho that. It was my turn to sigh as I let go of Jjong to approach Taemin. I sat down next to him on the couch and gave him a disappointed look.

“You still haven’t told Minho, huh? I think he knows, and I think he’s upset you didn’t tell him” I kept my tone even.

“Awh, hyung! It’s not like you’ve told any of us officially about you and Jjong-hyung! So…” he gave me a childish look as I stood up.

“Fine.” I said. He was not winning this one. I looked over at Jjong across the room, he looked at me. I walked up to him, grabbed his collar and pressed my lips to his. I could tell he was shocked by my sudden approach, along with me just randomly kissing him in front of everyone – I did note Jinki was at the door when I stood up. I pulled back and smiled apologetically at him. I turned to face everyone else, giving a pointed look at Taemin.

“Oh, by the way, me and Jjong are a thing now.” I said. Minho looked very uncomfortable at that moment, he made some sort of grumble-excuse and went into Taemin and Jinki’s bedroom. I assumed he didn’t know that’s where the two of them were residing though. When Taemin made no move after him a sighed in frustration, storming off into the kitchen my hands up in the air in surrender.

I was followed in by someone I assumed was Taemin.

“Tae-” I began but didn’t get to finish by sentence because my lips suddenly met with someone else’s. Someone’s lips I recognized as Jjong’s before my eyes recognized his face. He pulled back to look at me.

“What was that for?” I asked, eye brows raising.

“You gave me one, I wanted to kiss you too.” He said nonchalantly. What?

“You make no sense Jjong.” I said, “Should I get us some ice-cream or something? Maybe I could make oven-s’mores!” I said excitedly heading towards the drawer to pull out some parchment paper and spoons. I had spread them out on the counter when I felt someone’s hands wrap around my waist.

“Mhm, you know, you think of everyone else too much.”  He said resting his head on my shoulder.

“I haven’t been myself these past few days, I owe Jinki and Taemin big time.” I said patting him on the cheek reassuringly. I turned in his arms to face him.

“Sorry.” He said with sad eyes.

“It’s not your fault.” I said a matter-of-factually. I moved both hands to the sides on his faced and kissed him lightly on his lips, lingering a bit.

When I intended to pull back, I was stopped by his hands which were now holding me in place by my hips. He quickly deepened the kiss. I keep forgetting that he’s mine now; it’s something I’m not sure I’ll ever grasp. I twined my fingers through his hair, pulling myself closer to him. I needed to be closer and closer still. Our tongues were dancing as our heart beats increased. He pushed me up against the counter behind me. I had to hold onto the edge to keep my balance. I gripped tighter onto his hair, leaning into him more.

As we took a gulp for air, I felt the world around me melt away. All there was here was me and Jjong. The way it should be. Well, the world was gone until my hand slipped and spoons clattered to the floor making a loud clang as they went – snapping us back to reality. Be broke our lip-lock slightly to look down at the silver ware now scattered on the floor. I heard someone chuckle on the other side of the wall.

“Don’t make out against a counter, it’s too low, your back will hurt in the morning!” Jinki shouted the wall. I sent a glare to the general direction his voice was coming from. He stopped giggling. “Sorry Kibum!” he shouted back, I smirked. Jjong let go of me to pick up the spoons. When he stood back up I looked at his face, his lips were pink and swollen. I blushed and laughed lightly under my breath – I did that.

“Don’t look at me that way,” he said with a pout, blushing lightly. Seeing him blush made me blush.

“Come on. Help we with the bowls.” I said pushing him in the shoulder.

---

I set down the trey of s’mores on the coffee table, handing a bowl on ice-cream to Jinki, who then doused it in whip cream. Jjong plopped down on the couch behind me and I sat down on his lap. We all made comfortable small talk, catching up – even thought we’d only been apart for a few days. I guess it seemed longer to all of us.

“Seriously! The snow was insa-” Jinki was cut off by a loud half-laugh-half-scream coming from down the hall.

Next thing I knew; out ran Taemin, followed by Minho from the bedroom – both carrying pillows. Taemin was frantically running and spinning trying to swat Minho. Minho was laughing so hard I don’t think he would’ve gotten a good shot at him anyway.

Taemin spun around at the wrong time and got hit in the chest, knocking him slightly off balance causing him to tumble over. Minho stopped running to stop and help him up, when out of nowhere Jinki came up beside him and chucked a couch cushion at him hard enough to knock him over. It’s like the air was out of the room as everyone hitched a breath.

“Jinki!” Taemin shouted, frantically trying to get to his feet to help Minho onto his.

Jinki tipped Taemin back onto the ground and put his hand out to Minho.

“C’mon! I want to play too!” Jinki said with a smile. Minho looked up at him, shocked for a second, but his face quickly melted into a smile and he took the other’s hand.

“You got quite a swing there hyung.” Minho laughed. I knew there was no tension between them. As they gathered the pillows up over on the other side of the room, I suddenly got an idea.

I looked at the can of whip cream on the table, looked at Jjong, and back down at it. I stuck my hand out fast and grabbed it. He turned towards me, a curious look on his face. I turned in his lap so my feet were on one side of his legs and leaned back. I sprayed the whip cream in his face falling off his lap and onto the couch as I pushed myself away from any self defense he might try.

I laughed hysterically catching the attention of the others. Suddenly, a pillow hit the side of my face – distracting me long enough to have Jjong knock the can out of my hand and climb on top of me. As we wrestled, we toppled off the couch and suddenly it turned into a doggy-pile. My face and clothes were smeared with cream from Jjong. I cough and laughed trying to pry them off of me.

I laughed even louder. Even if we weren’t home – we really were home as long as we were together.

 

 

A/N: Aha! This is it! thanks so much to all you read and commented on this story~ i really had fun writing it, and i hope you liked reading it. Thank you sooo much for reading! I'm going to go and try to fix all my mistakes within the next few days, let me know if you spotted any, okay? don't forget to comment!