Home.

Welcoming Winter

 

I sat there in silence. I had given up on trying to watch my movie, when the two leads became too in love for me to watch any longer. I’ll admit it; I was probably jealous – well more jealous than I should have been. I stared down it my hands, the TV still playing in the back ground, but on mute so I didn’t have to hear the words being said. I’d been fighting back tears since the male lead had said ‘I love you’ for the first time, I don’t think I could stand to hear anything else.

I’d completely lost track of time, when I looked up again, I saw the sky was much darker than before, and credits were rolling on the screen. I sighed and stared at my feet this time. My oh so happy thoughts were interrupted by my door opening and slamming shut followed by something heavy being dropped on the ground. I looked up

“Jinki what do you-” I nearly choked on my words as I recognized the person in front of me, hair dripping wet form melting snow with cold-stained red ears. I blink once more as the boy looked me in the eyes. I lost it. The next few seconds happened in slow motion, but I think I was moving so fast it didn’t matter anyway.

“Jjong!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and lunged over the coffee table, running at him at top speed. I didn’t give myself time to think – or react – as I leaped onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I crashed my lips down on to his, entwining my fingers into his hair.

I suddenly didn’t care what he thought of me at that moment. I didn’t care if he didn’t feel this way about me. His lips were like oxygen I hadn’t had for almost four days. The TV turned to static behind us. I was shocked when he put a hand on the small of my back, pressing me closer to him still, the other he was using to make sure I didn’t fall out of his arms.

He turned and moved me up against the nearest wall – my legs still around him – shifting some of my weight to the wall, allowing him to deepen the kiss easier. There was an insane amount of longing in this kiss. It was making my head spin. The lights went out then. The only light source was the dim pale grey glow from the window. I smiled into our kiss – the first real smile I’d had in days.

I didn’t notice until he pulled back that I was crying. He gave a confused yet amused look. I pouted.

“Don’t you ever leave me again.” I whispered in between breath-stopping sobs.  He brushed away my tears with his warm finger tips.

“I missed you.” Is all he said in return before letting my feet touch the floor; my arms were still around his neck. He leaned in again and kissed me once more. I don’t think I’d ever felt so happy in my life. We pulled back for air, resting our foreheads together.

“Jjong, where were you? How could you leave me for so long?” I asked, pain in my voice. I was still lightly crying.

“It doesn’t matter, as long as I’m here now right?” I looked at him, unsatisfied with his answer. “Listen, when I heard the other planes were going down, I got really scared. I thought I’d never see your face again. Especially since I’d never had the chance to tell you…” I trailed off, blushing and looking away.

“Jjong, finish your sentence, I’m in no mood for guessing games.” I insisted. He looked back into my eyes; his were they were like warm pools of hot chocolate.

“To tell you that I love you.” he said. I’m pretty sure my face froze at that point, because his expression dropped to one of worry. “Kibum?” he asked. The lights flashed back on.

“J-Jjongie, I-I, I love you too.” My voice cracked near the end and I pulled him in for a hug. “I thought I was never going to see you again. Th-they said a plane from Japan had crashed…”I trailed of not wanting to finish my sentence. “I haven’t gotten much sleep.” I confessed.

“I can tell, Bummie, you don’t look so good. You look sick.” He said worry in his voice. I still hit him in the arm though, as hard as I could manage. The lights shut off again.

“Oh, shut up! You big fat dino!” I shrugged out of his arms and walked over to the window.

“You were out in this?” I asked pressing my hand to the cold glass. He came up behind my, wrapping his arms around my waist once more. Now was just as good a time as any. I turned in him arms to face him, lightly pressing my lips to his once more. I pulled back in hesitation when he didn’t react in the same way as last time. He looked at me, annoyed.

“Why did you stop?” he pouted, too cute. I pulled him close to me by his shirt, lightly nibbling on his lower lip until he stopped me from doing that my full-on making out with me. Omo – I must have been blushing like crazy.

 

 

Hahaha!!! I ONLY GAVE YOU HALF THE CHAPTER!