Frustration

Dangerous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              It was twenty minutes before the end of the school day. Hani remembered Taehyung had told her he would wait for her at her locker. She closed her calculus textbook and proceeded to pack her things. She was in the student lounge with the other class officers during their study hall. Putting everything away, she headed towards the outdoor track field for Taehyung’s last class: P.E. She quickly sat on one of the bleachers and continued her calculus work. Shortly after, she heard the teacher blow his whistle loudly signaling the end of class. As she was working on a problem, she heard approaching footsteps. She looked up and standing in front of her was a sweating Jungkook. Sweat dripped down from his head to his jaw. His eyes widened in delight when he saw her.

            “Are you waiting for me?” he asked as a large smile crept onto his face.

            “I didn’t know you had this class too,” she replied.

            “Too?” he asked confused.    

            She ignored him and went back to finishing her problem set, leaving Jungkook standing in front of her blankly. He watched as she scribbled down another formula on her piece of paper.

            “I’m just going to go get changed so just wait for me here,” Jungkook said.

            “I wasn’t waiting for you,” she said without looking up at him.

            “Who else could you be waiting for?” he scoffed in disbelief.

            Just as she was about to answer, Taehyung had approached them at the bleachers. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook before shifting his attention to Hani.

            “I’ll be right out. I just need to change and get my things,” he said to her before running back into the school building.

            Jungkook stared at his running back and then shifted his attention to Hani. He didn’t understand the situation. He couldn’t comprehend the Hani who never waited for him would be willingly waiting for another boy. He wasn’t sure if she just didn’t care about him or was testing him. He had sincerely hoped for the later although with Hani, he never knew what was on her mind.

            “You’re seriously waiting for him?” he couldn’t help hiding his irritation.

            “Yes,” she simply answered.

            Before he could say anything else to her, she had already packed her things and had gotten up. She walked by him as if without acknowledgement. He watched as she disappeared into the building. He scoffed loudly in frustration before walking towards the building as well. He entered into the locker room and opened his locker. He did not notice it before but just a few lockers to the right, was Kim Taehyung. Subconsciously, he glared at the said boy as Taehyung lifted his hoodie over his head. The white T-shirt was inevitably drenched in sweat and Taehyung easily pulled it over his head exposing his toned physique.

            Taehyung sensed something strange and he looked to his left instinctively. It was the boy speaking to Hani earlier and the new transfer student, Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook was in the middle of taking off his T-shirt revealing also his toned physique. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung and it was quite clear they did not like each other. Taehyung looked away ignoring Jungkook’s sharp glare and changed into his school uniform. Closing his locker, he grabbed his bag and left soon after.

             At the sight of Hani and Taehyung together, many fellow classmates couldn’t help but gush at their compatibility together. Ignoring the noise, Taehyung and Hani walked out of the building and headed towards the school gate. Jungkook was just a few feet away from the school gate when he saw them together.

             “Oh my god! They are so cute together!” he heard a female gush to her friend.

            “I know. He’s the student body president and she’s vice president. They are both so pretty. They make such a perfect couple,” replied her friend.

            Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek in irritation. Hani would never date someone and definitely not someone like Taehyung. At least that was something he earnestly wanted to believe. He watched as they walked towards the other direction and he stood there perplexed. Was she not going to go home with him?

            “Seo Hani!” he called as he ran up to her.

           “Jungkook…” she replied to the familiar voice.

           “I’ve been waiting for you. The car is here so let’s go home,” he said to her.

            “I’m not going home right now. You can go first,”

            “Where are you going?” he asked her curiously although he didn’t know if he should be infuriated with the fact that she was going to go somewhere with Taehyung.

             “I believe that’s none of your business Jungkook,” she answered coolly before continuing to walk away leaving a dumbfounded Jungkook.

            Jungkoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter