Confession

Dangerous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “I’m going to make you regret that,” she replayed his words in her head.

            What exactly did he mean by that? She stared at the ceiling as she rested her head on her pillow. She hadn’t exactly understood what had triggered Jungkook to suddenly lash out on her. She pondered on he possibilities of her doing something to him but she couldn’t figure it out. She had attempted to stay as far as possible from him. After minutes of endless questioning, she realized how pointless this all was. Jeon Jungkook was going to do what he liked regardless of what she says or does. She silently dreaded tomorrow though. The uncertainty of what Jungkook might do was almost unbearable. She dozed off into light slumber soon after.

            “You don’t want to hang out with her. She’s just the butler’s daughter,” Jungkook said to his friend.

            “You’re the butler’s daughter?” asked the friend in surprise as he pointed to the little girl.

            The little girl remained silent and frozen in place. She had remembered to ask Jungkook to keep that a secret. She had known how the kids at these private schools were like. She didn’t want to be an outcast. She looked at Jungkook who looked at her without remorse.

            “I’m sorry Hani but I don’t think you can hang out with us anymore. My mom always told me never to befriend the help,” Jungkook’s friend elaborated as he walked away.

            The little girl watched as they turned their backs on her and walked away.

            Hani woke up to the sound of her alarm. She shuffled herself out of bed and quickly got dressed into casual black skinny jeans and a hoodie. Grabbing her bag, she went downstairs quietly and just as she was about to leave the house, she heard someone call her name.

            “Hani... where are you going at eight on a Saturday morning?” Jungkook asked still half asleep.

            “I’m going out,” she simply answered.

            Before Jungkook can interrogate her any further, Butler Seo had walked into the living room with a sandwich wrapped in aluminum foil.

            “You almost forgot this. It’s egg and cheese on whole wheat toast,” her father said as he gave Hani the sandwich.

            “Thanks Dad,” she smiled.

            “Butler Seo, do you know where your daughter is going this early in the morning?” Jungkook asked as he realized asking Hani was doing him no good.

            “Oh! Young Master, you are up so early today… Hani volunteers at the nursing home nearby on Saturday mornings,” explained Butler Seo.

            “She does?” Jungkook asked surprised.

            “I’m going to go now. Bye Dad,” bid Hani as she opened the front door.

            Before Jungkook could say anything else, Hani had already disappeared.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

            “Grandma Lee! Good morning!” greeted Hani as she grabbed the handles of the wheelchair.

            “Hani! It’s nice to see you again. Where’s Taehyung?”

            “Taehyung? Ahh you’re always looking for him. He’s not coming today because he has some work to do at home,” Hani explained.

            Hani brought her back to her room and fed her breakfast. When Grandma Lee finished her bowl of congee, Grandma Byun, in the next bed over, called for Hani to bring her some towels. She left the room and walked down the hall. She opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter