We Meet Again

Dangerous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jungkook walked towards the gate exit. He looked around the crowd of people at the airport waiting to pick up their loved ones. Suddenly, he heard a faint voice calling his name in the back.

            “Young Master! Young Master Jungkook!” yelled Butler Seo as he held a large poster above his head.

            Jungkook nodded in acknowledgment and approached Butler Seo.

            “It’s good to see you again Butler Seo,” Jungkook smiled as he embraced the man tightly.

            “It’s good to see you too Young Master,” the butler replied as he patted Jungkook on the back tenderly.

            “Your mother is waiting for you at the house. She’s prepared the entire day for your arrival,”

            “Really? I called her last night and told her there was no need for the trouble.”

            “This way, Young Master,” said the butler as he guided Jungkook towards the black car parked in the front.

            Butler Seo was preparing to open the umbrella but Jungkook pulled his black hood over his head and began to walk ahead.

            “Young Master, you’ll get wet!” Butler Seo shouted before he followed Jungkook towards the car.

            The car pulled away from the curb and Jungkook gazed at the window intently. He had certainly missed Seoul while he was studying abroad in the US for the past four years. His thoughts momentarily drift in reminiscence. A specific memory replayed in his head when he remembered the first time he had seen Seo Hani. They were just eight years old when he saw the most beautiful girl in his life.

            He was out in the garden, playing with his friends when a gust of wind blew his toy helicopter out of the garden. He followed the direction where it flew and found the helicopter on the ground. Just as he picked it up, he heard Butler Seo speaking in a hushed voice nearby. Jungkook saw Butler Seo crouched down to speak to a little girl and Jungkook quickly hid behind the bush as he listened.

            “Seo Hani, remember your manners when we get in. Mrs. Jeon was nice enough to let me have you stay with me so we must not disrespect her. Understand?”

            The girl nodded in agreement. The girl had delicate long locks of black hair and she had the most beautiful pair of silver eyes. She held onto her father’s hand tightly when Jungkook suddenly heard the girl cry.

            “I want Mom… Daddy… I want Mom,” she cried quietly with her head down.

            “I know baby. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect her,” Butler Seo replied.           

            Seo Hani. Seo Hani. Jungkook repeated her name silently in his head as he closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and shifted his attention to Butler Seo, who was driving.

            “Butler Seo, how has Hani been?” he asked quietly.

            “Oh Hani? She’s been doing fine. She’s now vice president on the student council,” Butler Seo replied proudly.

            “She is?”

            “Yes, Young Master. She didn’t tell you? I thought you two kept in touch all these years?” 

            “No she didn’t,” Jungkook said as he slowly reached for his Bose headphones before he dozed off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________            

            Staring at the words on the page, she yawned tiredly. Stretching her arms in discomfort, her attention shifted to the window. The droplets of rain decorated the window as she watched the heavy rainfall. Just then her phone alarm rang loudly. She glanced briefly at the time and remembered the errands for the day. Mentally taking a note of everything she needed to take care of, she quickly got ready.

            “Dahye, I’m going to go get the cake and the groce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter