Take Care

Crumb-o [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was anyone who could light up Irene’s day like that, it would be Wendy.

 

The former thought about it all day after she said goodbye to her right at the doorstep, after receiving a heartwarming hug and also a couple of kisses that screamed for more.

 

It felt like she has been given a new life, new meanings, new things to expect. She never knew the feeling of craving for someone until she actually got someone to crave for.

 

And when her phone beeps, that precious name lighting up on the screen, she smiles unknowingly, rushing to see what Wendy is saying now.

 

What's cooking, good looking?

 

Not much, just lying in bed. Can't wait to see you tomorrow ;)

 

Me neither. I'll flour up your world, if you know what I mean :o

 

Already starting up with the puns?

 

My specialty :>. I was wondering, can I call you? I just have this need to hear your voice right now.

 

Irene's heart raced just the slightest bit, and she smiled before texting an answer.

 

Sure thing.

 

The call came literally seconds later, and she anxiously accepted it.

 

For a very short moment she thought she heard sounds of very uneasy and hollow breathing but it seemed to be quickly muffled so she couldn’t tell whether it was actual breathing or just her weird mind setting, so she only brushed it away to the back of her head.

 

“Hey.” Wendy whispers out before coughing.

 

“Hey… Wendy-ah, are you getting sick?” Irene asks, an instant frown showing up on her face.

 

“I think so… After you left I went out to play in the snow. It just started snowing again and I was so happy because of you that I forgot to put on warm clothes.” She managed to make her husky voice get a little stronger but it still sounded low and weak. Irene inwardly winced, feeling bad.

 

“Now I feel obligated to come and take care of you.” She teased, wondering how good could a sick Wendy look.

 

“I guess you could do that. I wouldn’t mind.” Wendy teased back, sounding y without meaning to because of her voice.

 

Does she know what she’s doing to me?, Irene thought, biting her lower lip.

 

“But it would have to be another day,” she continued. “My friends are here and I don’t think you would like to turn them into third-wheelers.” She coughed again.

 

“Sounds like I’ll have to make an exception for you though. Are they taking nice care of you? 'Cause if not, I'll have to step in."

 

"Ooh. Serious Joohyun. Scary."

 

"You really like my name, don't you?"

 

"It's part of you, so, yep, sure I like it."

 

Irene was glad she couldn't see her right now, the blush on her cheeks was too apparent. She cleared .

 

“Son Seungwan, now I’m very worried. Are you sure you’re good to go to work tomorrow? Because if I see you coughing you’re gonna die by my hands.”

 

Wendy freezed and put the telephone away so she could cough again.

 

“Sorry, mom. I’m going to be okay, it’s just a passing sickness.” She put on her best original voice tone so she could sound sincere.


 

[...]


 

Irene woke up the next day already predicting a mess ready to happen. The first thing she did after her morning usual activities was checking her phone, and oh lord, she was right about Wendy.

 

It wasn’t just a passing cough. She was very, very sick.

 

And to make things worse, Yerim didn’t have classes today so she would have to stick to Irene like a piece of gum in your shoe.

 

She doesn’t find the courage to say anything when they’re eating breakfast, so she keeps staring at her sister.

 

“Unnie, my friend said you’re dating.” The innocent girl blurts out when Irene is drinking her juice and she almost spits it all out.

 

“W-what?! Which friend?” Irene goes back to her juice.

She has to know. She has to know who is the dead person who spilled the beans.

 

“Sooyoung unnie. Does this mean it’s true unnie? You’re dating someone? Is it Wendy?”

 

And now she definitely spits all of the juice.

 

“Where did you hear that name?!” She shouts and then retracts herself seeing that she’s gone up from her chair.

 

“You said it in your sleep unnie… I’m sorry if I’m being intrusive.” The young teen lowered her voice to try and calm her sister down.

 

Irene takes a deep breath. She should know it would come to this, actually, she should have known all along. The dreams she’s been constantly having would sure warn the little midget and that kid’s too smart to let this kind of obvious behavior slip away.

 

“You sneaky little thing. That's why you kept sleeping in my bed with me, isn't it? And I was the innocent one thinking you kept having bad dreams." She pointed at her, feeling like laughing so hard.

 

There was nothing weighting her down now, the great feeling of release freeing her soul.

 

"Shout it unnie." She purposefully rolled her eyes.

 

"What? No."

 

"Do it, or I'll do it."

 

"Fine." Irene took a deep breath. "Yah!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter