Business

Crumb-o [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early when Wendy woke up from the state of sleeping nervousness she was in. Surely, she shouldn’t be nervous. Her friends trusted her skill, her family also put their bets on her, and now, she needed to man up, go to her newly arranged shop and bake some freaking cupcakes and brownies and all that stuff that people love to eat when they’re depressed or happy or even sad. Wendy was like that, at least.

 

 

She wore her best coat so the cold outside wouldn’t phase her much and grabbed her personal belongings as well. There were already some messages on her phone, most by friends who were saying they would drop by her store when it finally opened for good.

 

 

Wendy went by feet to her shop. It wasn’t too far away, actually it was just across the street and the effort was proving itself to be minimal.

 

 

When the girl in bangs was arriving to the front door of the shop (Wendy was a slow walker, alright), she started to hear some familiar mumbling.

 

 

“Shut up, don’t you see her right there?! Ow, STOP HITTING ME!” A girl’s low voice was coming from the front door.

 

 

“Yeah, I see her you dumb bear. Don’t you think she is hearing us?” The other girl was beside her.

 

 

“She has no idea of who we are, street lamp.”

 

 

“STOP CALLING ME THAT!”

 

 

The two girls started hitting each other, but they kind of looked more like a couple in Wendy’s eyes. She already identified them as her best friends, Joy, the tall one, and Seulgi, the dumb bear.

 

 

“Hey folks,” Wendy greeted them like nothing was happening while she opened her shop. “aren’t you coming in?”

 

 

The pair stopped fighting and entered the store. All the lights were off so they couldn’t see much but the owner quickly took care of that by going to the nearby light switch and turning it on.

 

 

“Ta-da! What do you think?” She asked, swirling with her arms open and looking at everything with proud eyes.

 

 

The bakery was all set up. Shiny counters could be seen and there was a small door behind them that when pushed, leaded to the kitchen where Wendy would work. There were nicely set tables through the place with comfortable chairs around them as well.

 

 

“Unnie, how did you get it done so fast?” Joy held a surprised look on her face, while Seulgi’s mouth hung open.

 

 

“I’ve managed. I need to start baking now though, people will be coming.” She went behind the counter and had a fast look all over to see if there wasn’t anything missing.

 

 

“Me and street lamp will help you then, that’s why we came in the first place.” Seulgi grabbed Joy’s head and pressed it down on her shoulder, smiling wickedly.

 

 

“STOP CALLING ME THAT, FOR F-”

 

 

“Language!” A kneeling Wendy warned, making the youngest girl shut up. She got back up and looked at the duo. “Maknae, you will attend tables. There’s an uniform for you back there, go put it on.”

 

 

The girl just nodded and entered the pushing door.

 

 

“Ddeulgi, you’ll be the cashier. Just put an apron and you will be okay.” The bear went full soldier mode and greeted Wendy like she was a superior or something.

 

 

“Yes sir, Olaf sir!” The way Seulgi turned like a robot made Wendy laugh.

 

 

After everything was nicely set up and the three girls were ready to bake it on and rock it out (sorry not sorry), they opened the bakery. Wendy had already made some past preparations so people wouldn’t have to wait so much.

 

 

“Ooh, I can already hear the steps outside!” Joy looked through the glass panels and saw what looked like a herd of people heading to the store, and they all looked pretty hungry.

 

 

The maknae proceeded to turn the sign on the door from ‘closed’ to ‘open’. She went back on cleaning tables while people began to fill the store up, while the baker Wendy was at the kitchen starting to prepare things.

 

 

Joy started to attend the tables. And the funny thing was that, it didn't matter which table, everyone would order the Red Velvet related sweets.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter