Doing It Right

Crumb-o [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside the nicely designed apartment, a nice sixteen year old tossed and her bed, having not so nice nightmares about monsters trying to reach for her feet. For a positive young girl like her it was weird to have dreams like that, but not uncommon.

 

In another bed, there was Irene. She, however, was not having bad dreams. De facto, her dreams were more pleasing than she cared to admit. She dreamed about a date in the park, the sun shining so bright it could blind someone sensitive. But the sun wasn't bright enough to be a strong contestant against the girl holding her hand by her side. Smiling and swinging her arm, and consequently, Irene's arm, was Wendy.

 

Irene smirked in real life, spread out on her bed. The happiness that couldn't be contained was very clear on her face, although it wouldn't be as much when she woke up.

 

On the other hand, Irene also dreamed about a day where she would wake up peacefully. But in that case, that day would not be today.

 

"AAAH UNNIEEEE! THEY WANT ME UNNIEEEE, THE MONSTERS! AAAAH!" Her sister kept on shouting in her sleep, disrupting Irene's dream completely until the only speck of happiness in her previous smile disappeared completely to make space to a worried-as-hell expression.

 

Irene jumped off her bed as quickly as she could, one of her feet meeting the cold floor while the other couldn't tell the difference, favored by a lone sock. She ran to her sister's room and speedily jumped to the girl, accommodating her in a warm embrace while her eyes poured out scared tears. The girl was already woken up by the trauma, but the only thing that made it all go away was Irene's careful personality when it came to her little sister.

 

She was still sobbing while the twenty five year old caressed her head, managing to calm her down.

 

"Shh, it's okay Yerim-ah... I'm right here, they're not gonna get you..." She whispered, her sister's scare finally going away, being replaced with quiet sniffling.

 

That particular day, Irene didn't leave her sister's bed. Instead, she stayed right here, holding her while she drifted back to dreamland and started to have actual good dreams, a fine and calm expression ruling her face. And a few minutes later, she too fell asleep thinking of Wendy and whether she should tell her about the secret.

 

[...]

 

Both woke up hazily when the alarm sounded off, buzzing and warning them about their schedules today.

 

Irene was the first to actually move, whispering a "Good morning," to her sister and kissing her forehead. She responded with a tired hum and a "Morning, unnie.", still with her eyes closed.

 

They got up and hurried to get dressed. Irene's little sister put on her uniform, which was ironed by her unnie the light before. Irene just wore simple yet comfortable clothes, along with a coat for the cold day ahead.

 

They had brief breakfast, scrambled eggs and coffee, and headed out the apartment. The twenty five year old left her sister at school and was gone to the bakery she would learn to treasure very soon.

 

She arrived a few moments later, and tried to open the door, but it was still closed up.

 

"Trying to break in already?" A voice not far away pronounced, a playful tone used. She looked to see Wendy approaching slowly with a smile on her face, one that faintly remembered Irene of the dream she had.

 

"Not at all. I'm just an early bird who likes to start fast." She answered, trying to shake off the stupid smile that insisted on putting itself in her lips.

 

"Good to know. I'll catch up then, don't worry." Irene smiled at the answer and shifted off of where she was standing to let Wendy open the door. They entered the bakery and Wendy the lights and went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter