Chapter 24

Love & Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s not fall in love, we don’t know each other very well yet
Actually, I’m a little scared, I’m sorry
Let’s not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes
But I really mean it when I say I like you

Big Bang Let's Not Fall In Love

 

 

Choi Villa
Gijang-eup, Busan
September 12 2015


After weeks of flying back and forth, Korea to some other countries, TOP and the rest of Big Bang were given a chance to have a full week of rest away from their hectic schedules. This time TOP takes the chance to have a wonderful vacation with his family at their private vacation home. All he wanted for the full rest week is to relax and have some moments with his family. Simultaneously to celebrate his elder sister's wedding also.

TOP gazes away from the road for a second to look at the person by his side. He let out a soft chuckle seeing her whimpering. She's clutching her bag as if her dear life depends on it. His hands automatically reaches for the warmth of hers and felt her shudder on his touch.

"Choi look at the road please.", she rolls her eyes and takes a deep long inhale. TOP shakes his head and stares back at the road. "They don't bite MiYoung. My mother is really expecting your presence." He felt her relax at his statement and let her fingers weave on his own that's resting on his lap.

"But still.. It can't erased the fact that I'm still meeting your family.", Tiffany bite her inside cheeks and stares at the handsome piece of man by her side. A memory run in to her mind that happened a few weeks ago, the both of them are just hanging out at his apartment when he asks her to join his family for an out of the town escapade. He fills her with the information from their lodging to whom will join the event. Of course, she was apprehensive to go since it involves his family. A family that she still haven't met except for Hyeyoon and YeonJun. She's scared about their initial reaction. As far as from what she heard, his family or rather his father is pretty uptight person. A person who takes Korean tradition and culture to the heart, a patriotic man who would stand up for the love of his country. Her mind was blinded with negative thoughts, who wouldn't? She grew up in one of the most liberated country, even though both of her parents are Korean, they didn't restricted her from being a Cali girl that she is now. She's far cry from the conservative typical Korean that she thinks his father would want for his son. Aside from that, she's still inarticulate when it comes to Korean language especially the formal ones. She's freaking scared that her soon-to-be parents in law, yeah she thinks about it, will think of negative about her. What would they think of her? Will they like her for their son? What would she do if they didn't? His answer gave her confidence and washed all of her doubts.

"Stop overly thinking about stuffs. Just be yourself MiYoung. My parents would love you I have no doubt about it. They'll love the person that is on the same tier as them."

TOP look once again to his side to see what got the pretty girl all tongue tied up. Curiosity got in to him as she sees her face contorted to daze looking to anxiety to sadness and lastly to a small and contented smile. "MiYoung you aren't getting crazy right?", his question got him a good glare and a pinch on the flesh of the back of his hand. "What the heck is that question oppa?", an angry invisible tick formed at her temple.

Tiffany looks at TOP with confusion. She can't believe that he'll be asking such an atrocious question to her. The answer that she's waiting to come out is not what she expected. 'Did he laugh at me?' She can feel the vein in her forehead pop at his reaction.

"Okay sorry sorry.", TOP raise his right hand away from the wheel and cleared his throat. "Well you have this different kind of looks plastered on your face. Like this.", he tried to impersonate her different facial expressions.

Tiffany her right eyebrow before giving his arm flesh a lovely pinch. He squealed like a little girl and then glare at the culprit. She just sneer at him and takes her gaze away from the man. "Uhm are we near yet?", she silently asks after a couple of silent minutes.

"Yep, only a kilometer ahead.", he answered back, eyes are still out looking at the road. Tiffany let out a deep sigh and once again held on her bag like its her dear life. 'Chill down Tiffany.'

As if reading her mind, TOP grabs her left hand and draw it near to him. He gives her back hand a kiss of reassurance. Tiffany relaxes at the soft touch of his lips on the skin of her back hand and gives him a slight squeeze. "Don't be too nervous MiYoung. Remember what I told you..."

"Just be yourself.", they both said in chorused. They look at each other and laugh. A soft and natural comfortable aura exudes from them. Making it look like their long drive just a piece of cake.

A few minutes afterwards, the couple are heading out of their automobile with full disguise on their head. They can't afford to slip out and be on the headlines the next day. Surely their company president will strangle their neck for another foolishness.

Tiffany closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. When she's still inside the car, her confidence is pumping up to her heart but right now, standing in front of the large steel gate while awaiting for it to be opened. She can hear her heart pounding and her hand sweating in nervousness. All she wants to do is grab the car keys out of TOP's hand and drive all the way back to Seoul.

As though he can read her mind, TOP pulls a smirk down at her and puts the keys on the opposite side pocket. He slings his arm on her shoulder, carefully leans his head closer to her head and blew an air on her ear. The girl squirm under his hold and glares at him. A soft elbow punch is thrown at his side making the guy giggle more.

"Welcome home Mr. Choi, Ms. Hwang.", an old lady about roughly aged of 60 opens the the door and welcomes the couple. Tiffany politely bows her head in greeting and smiles at the old lady.

"I'm home Mrs. Park. Thank you.", Tiffany glances at TOP who bow his head down and grab her hand. The couple walks at the pathway heading to the main door of the house. She takes a peek at the surrounding of the house. A large ginkgo stands tall at the far right side of the garden, a white painted chair and table steel lays on the newly lawned grass by the tree side, trimmed shrubs aligned at the both sides of her, and lastly a small bamboo waterfall is carefully placed at the other side of the garden. Overall, it looks like a traditional garden that can be seen at some traditional houses in Korea. Tiffany looks ahead and sees that they are now standing at the wooden door. She can feel her heart beating down. At the other side of the door is where his family awaits.


The door opens and reveals two figures. Both of them carefully takes their shoes off and replace their footwear with indoor shoes. They gracefully maneuvers on the floor and walks up to the main living room where a young man and woman around 30's are seating together with a familiar little kid, at the other side of the couch two pairs of old couple- 40's born couple and 60's born couple, are seating. They all look up to the intruder and a smile formed on their faces.

"Seunghyun my son.", a beautiful woman stands up from her seat and walks in front of his son to give him a hug.

TOP hugs back his mom and gives her a soft peck on the cheeks. "I'm home mom.", he lays his head on her mom's shoulder. He misses her mom's warmth, it's been a few weeks since he saw her.

She opened her eyes and noticed a figure standing bind his son. A beautiful girl dress in powder blue dress -the skirt reaching an inch above her knee, a white belt is on her waist. Mrs. Choi pulls away from her son and walks in front of the obviously fidgeting girl. She grab her free hand and smiles warmly at her. "You must be my son's girlfriend. Nice to meet you. I'm Seunghyun's mom."

Tiffany felt her hear beating faster than the usual rate. She sees his mom pulls away from TOP and walks in front of her. The moment the older woman introduce herself, she can feel her knees getting jelly. 'Crap, they thought I'm his girlfriend.' A small nervous smile escape from her lips as she greets the older woman. "Good afternoon Mrs. Choi. I'm Hwang Stephanie. It's nice to meet you too.", she ignore the girlfriend part, maybe they can clear it out later on. "This is just a small gift. I hope you'll like it.", Tiffany hands the basket filled with homemade bread, baked by her with the help of Taeyeon and Yoona, and an expensive wine that she bought from USA, a month ago during the KCon New York.

"Oh thank you dear. You don't have too."

Mrs. Choi feels delighted to see the person who made her son feels loved and happy once again. She grab her hands and lead her to the immediate family that's waiting for them. A happy smile is etched on her face as she looks at the faces in front of her. "My dear I want you to meet our family.."

"Uhm mom. Should I be the one to introduce her?", TOP who walks behind them speaks up. His hand is scratching the back of his nape as he smiles sheepishly at them. Mrs. Choi looks at him with a stern eye but give way to her son. She walks up to her husband side and smiles at them.

He casually puts his hand at Tiffany's back. A proud smile is on his face as he introduces his girl to his whole family. "Grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, HyeYoon noona, Min Jun Hyung- this is Hwang Stephanie.", he crawled his hand from her back to her shoulder gripping it softly.

Complete utter silence filled in the room. Tiffany feels like she'll faint any minute now. The way they stares at her makes her feel embarrassed. She's never the quiet type of person, the silence between makes think of her dilemma earlier. 'I knew it. They don't like me.'

"Auntie Pani.", the young kid who looks like Seunghyun wobbly walks in front of her and calls out her name, breaking the silence in the room. YeonJun raises his arms, asking for Tiffany to carry him. She did like what he wants and place the little kid in her arms.

Grandma and grandpa Choi where the first one to approach. The old couple gave Tiffany a hug and pleasantries. Both of them lead the poor embarrassed girl to the couch adjacent to them. HyeYoon snap out of her thought and joins the old couple in entertaining the young woman.

TOP sigh in relief he can see that his grandparents accepted Tiffany wholeheartedly. He takes a step towards his father and gives him a respectful greeting. He awkwardly takes a seat by his father's side and starts chatting to him about his impending military service. Throughout the whole afternoon, Tiffany mingles with the women of the family. The women settles theirselves at the porch where they can see YeonJun playing with the family's dog.

They talked about different stuffs. Mostly asking Tiffany about her personal life. Mrs. Choi telling Tiffany how happy she is knowing that a famous idol- a kind and beautiful one would go out with his son. The old women especially TOP's mom squealed in delight when the woman in front of her granted her request- to dance and sing Lion Heart and Gee. The two elder women love the two songs, Grandma Choi admits that during the Gee syndrome she was greatly affected by it. She even dances the famous crab dance of the girl group. The sun already settled to the horizon when Mrs. Par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter