Chapter 22

Love & Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did you ever fall on hard times?

I quickly forget the memories of hard times. Just like everyone else, everyday is a challenge for me.

 

Esquire May 2015 TOP Interview

 

Esprit Dior Exhibit
Seoul, South Korea
June 18 2015


Famous artists, designers, bloggers, models and chaebols are present at the glamorous event by Dior. The famous European couture brand is showcasing their newest collection at the newly opened building in Gangnam. Cameras clicking can be heard everywhere, chatters and mutters of the people hype up the whole place and two people out of hundreds invitees are trying their best to ignore each other.

Tiffany who's also invited at the event is busy mingling with some of her friends. One of them is the newly found trusted friend, Lee SooHyuk.

"So you guys are still not talking?", SooHyuk whispered softly to her.

"Well, it's awkward.", Tiffany tried her best to mask her inner feelings by faking a smile.

"You know it right? Rumors are just rumors.", he looks away from her.

"Rumors won't sprout from nowhere.", she did the same as she twirls the wine glass on her hand.

"Tiffany, they already broke up years ago.", SooHyuk stops looking out when he finds the certain person he's searching.

Tiffany looks at the person where SooHyuk's eyes stops. She rolls her eyes and looks away. "I know that. I just can't help it.", she faces SooHyuk and smiles. "I'm the type of person who gets jealous easily."

"That's why you should stop hanging on the Internet.", SooHyuk playfully knocks her head making Tiffany laugh.

"That would be hard.", she grins at him while brushing the side of her hair.

"Stop being childish! You're already a lady.", he adds up.

"Whatever! Ahjussi!", Tiffany teasingly said to him.

The two of them are enjoying each other companion. Unbeknownst to them another person in the room is looking really bored and uninterested in the event hall.

 

Seunghyun is feeling lost in his own little bubble world. A week ago he's still excited to attend the event since both Tiffany and him are invited. It's their once in a lifetime chance to show the public that they are close. They'll use this opportunity to take some selfie then follow each other on IG and let the unknowing fans or rather shippers play their part for the story.

But right now it's impossible.

"Seunghyun get out of my sight.", CEO HyunSuk whispers to his talent's ear.

"I don't want to hyung.", TOP stubbornly says.

"I can't believe your cowardice my boy. See SooHyuk is making his move.", HyunSuk smirks evilly as he sees TOP's glare.

"He's not like that.", TOP confidently says. He also looks at the spot where the CEO stares at. He sees Tiffany and SooHyuk standing side by side looking seriously talking with each other.

"Hyung I want to go home.", TOP nudge the side of the CEO to gain his attention.

"What?"

"I want to go home. It's suffocating here.", TOP stands from his seat and bows before leaving the event.

He's been thinking about their situation lately. Their fights and arguments are getting frequent. There's no day in a week that they won't argue. Every time that they'll see each other bickering will happen.

Just like a few weeks ago.

 

June 1 2015

TOP raises his eyebrow as he reads the message.

최황미용

Today

Oppa~ I'll be attending my first public event tomorrow. You'll never guess where it is!

Hmm... Where?
Seen

The Street!!

The Street what?
Seen

2PM's cafe!

What!! Let me call you!!
Seen


TOP immediately calls Tiffany who answers the phone call in just one ring.

"MiYoung! Can you please not attend the event?", TOP touches the crease on his forehead in irritation. He knows that after this event Nichkhun and Tiffany's supporters will come up with their own he still=she still loves her=him. Media will used the story of the ex going to her ex business for click bait.

He can hear her releasing a heavy sigh after he asks her.

"I can't. This is a book launching of my friend."

TOP rolled his eyes. She's really stubborn and not afraid to do things. "But-"

"No buts. bye!"

She hangs up the call making TOP flustered in anger.

That small argument lasted for 3 days.
Tiffany being the hard headed that she is didn't dare to call him.
TOP being the stubborn and prideful guy let it pass.

It also helps that both of them are busy with their schedules.
She's still filming for Heart-a-Tag and practicing for their comeback.
He's busy with their concert practice and comeback recording.

But they didn't forget to send each other a message.
One in the morning.
One in the afternoon.
One in the evening.

 

June 5 2015

TOP and Tiffany are once again at their usual bickering. It's been only an hour since they reconciled and their at it again. The difference is just that they are face to face arguing at something that Tiffany didn't like.

"So you're telling me that you want to attend the party where your ex is also invited too!", Tiffany clench her hands into a tight fist.

"It's not just me! Seungri and Jiyong will also come.", TOP tried his best to control his anger.

"Daesung and Youngbae oppa? If they won't come why can't you?", Tiffany raise her eyebrow. If there's anyone who can see them right now they'll see a Tiffany that they'll never imagine.

"They aren't invited.", he looks at her straight in the eyes. "Come on MiYoung! Michiko and I have been friends for so long. She's getting married for goodness sake and as a friend I want to be their during their vows!"

Tiffany looks away from TOP. She can already feel the water that's slowly filling her tear ducts. It's not that she can't understand, she knows very well how TOP treasures his friends and Michiko is one of them. But she still can't help it, there's a 100% chance that his ex -Moeka will also attend the party.

"Isn't this what you also did? You still came to the launching party even if I don't want too.", TOP cross his arms and looks away from her.

"So this is your revenge? You are taking a revenge since I came to the place that is co-owned by my ex! What the !", Tiffany grabs her bag and tries to leave the place. She's eventually stop by TOP who looks at her with apologetic eyes.

The moment he realized the words that came out of his mouth. He felt guilty. He didn't mean what he said. He doesn't even know why he said those. "I'm sorry.", those two words are the only thing that he can say due to shock.

"Damn it!", she snaps her hand away from him and directly looks at his eyes. "How can you do this to me! I've been keeping quiet about everything! I've been keeping the pain to myself! You! Have you heard anything from me when you followed your ex on Instagram? Nothing right? You made me look like a fool!"

Tears have started to pour out from her eyes. Hands are trembling in anger. She keeps on stammering in her words but she kept it clear so that the 2nd person can understand what she went through.

"It's been bugging me for so long! Questions have been rising from my head! Why did you follow her? What's the deal between the two of you? Why does she still keep on liking your posts? Do-", Tiffany stops for a second. She doesn't want to say it out loud.

She's afraid at the answer that he'll give.

"Do you still love her? Are you just staying with me because of pity?", Tiffany felt drained. Her mind and body are already out of energy. But most of all her heart is slowly crumbling into pieces.

But TOP isn't also in a good condition. He's in a state of shock at what he heard. He can't believe that Tiffany endured those heartaches alone. That she's been keeping those questions in the back of her head.

TOP slowly stands up from his seat and hugs her. He let her cry her eyes out on his chest. His hands are slowly patting her shaking body for comfort.

"I'm sorry MiYoung. I'm sorry for everything. I'll answer your questions. But please always keep in your mind that I love you. I will never ever loved anyone that isn't you. Moeka-ssi is just a friend.", he buried his face on the crown of her head.

Minutes have passed and no one dared to talk. Tiffany lifts her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter