Level 12

Genesis

Outfit for the Chapter

 

The devil isn’t the worst evil to befall Earth, humans are.

-01.26.102,010

 

When the time came for Kyungsoo and Soojung to leave Nia could see that the others were having a hard time letting them go. It had been that way for the past two months, ever since she had let the siblings in the first time. Nia knew it was because they had so little human contact since being with her, but it still made her somewhat jealous. In her mind the males were all Nia’s and they should not need anyone else, but she knew that was not the way that most people worked and had to remind herself that they would one day leave too. And, when that day came they would need their families and friends instead of her. It was hard for her to accept, but she knew she had to. Until then though, Nia would entertain her little world of it only being them and her. No one else would exist apart from the people in her four walls. She only allowed Kyungsoo and Soojung in because of how she adored both, but no other person would be allowed to step foot into her house unless absolutely necessary.

 

Turning back in from the closed door Nia found Yixing looking at her with wide wet eyes. She knew what those eyes were about. Nearly the moment that Soojung had stepped into the house she wrecked havoc on their perfect abode. The first thing that broke during ‘playtime’ was the piano. The male before her had hardly moved since he found out it was broke. He tried to smile and have fun, but his eyes were listless when he caught sight of the broken musical instrument. Nia would have to buy another piano or if Yixing wanted she would have it sent to a repairman and have them fix it. One of the first things she had realised about them was the fact that the males hated buying new things when broken things could be fixed, it was a waste they said and she simply let them have their way or it would start another fight. Thinking of the old piano only made her think of her old chair and how Yifan might be sitting on it at that moment as he had been since their fight.

 

“Don’t worry, Xing. We can fix it!” Nia gave the nearly sobbing male a gentle hug adding in the light back rub she knew he liked when down. “Do you want a new one?” She questioned only to get a vehement head shake in return and she knew that she would have to call the repairman soon as the alarm would cry in a few hours and everyone would be off duty and she would have to wait until the next morning to make an appointment. “Then I’ll call the repairman and have it sent to be fixed as soon as possible, sound good?” Nia was doing her best to coax an answer of any sort out of him and was not disappointed when he let out a soft ‘yes’ in reply. Knowing she would not get much better of an answer Nia gave a playful ruffle to the male's hair before going to pull away. When she tried to do she found herself stopped by a lithe pair of arms.

 

“Nia,” croaked Yixing’s cry ridden voice. “Could you, possibly spend some time with me tonight? If you’re not busy that is! I understand if you are.” The way Yixing’s voice trailed off made Nia’s heart crack the slightest bit. Upon hearing his words she could tell he thought that he was being a bother to her. She had never wanted any of them to feel that way, yet she let herself become so caught up in the other males that she stopped paying attention to Yixing. The others demanded her attention when they wanted it, but sweet, sweet Yixing most likely didn’t want to bother her and instead let the others have all the time that they wanted with her while he received barely any at all. As the thoughts ran through her head Nia could feel the lump swell in her heart. It was not often that Nia felt guilty so it took a moment for her to realize that she felt at fault for letting Yixing be so neglected when she promised that she would not let him feel such a way.

 

Giving a slight nod of her head Nia pulled away from the male making sure to grab his hand and drag him to his shared room. She left him there with instructions to find warm clothing. She knew she would most likely have to pick different clothes later on, but doing it  that way gave the males more of an illusion of the independence that they had been stripped of. While he did that she made her way up to her room and also grabbed some warmer clothes to change into before going to take a quick shower, she had paint on her from the crafts time Soojung and Tao had insisted upon. After she finished, Nia returned down to the room and was surprised to find that Yixing had found an outfit that was almost acceptable. The outfit was almost perfect, but there were no sleeves on the shirt, Yixing insisted that it was better for treating injuries. Nia only got him to agree to sleeves because she promised that he would not need to be healing anyone.

 

Making Yixing leave her for a few moments was harder than she had anticipated. The male was rightly confused as to why they were getting dressed up just to spend time together as she never did so with the others. Nia finally got him to leave her when she instructed him to have Luhan, the only one who understood the projector without her help, put on the projector for them to play the newest game she had bought for the males. This action confused him even further as the group was usually not permitted games after dinner as it made them too hyper. She told him that it was so they would be distracted and not disturb the two while they were having bonding time. Yixing seemed to perk up even more than before at this as he nodded quickly and sprinted off to gather the others and force them into the living room which held the projectors.

 

Taking her chance Nia sprang into action. She needed to find what was wrong with the piano and list everything out. To make up for inconsiderate attitude Nia decided to take Yixing out to get the parts for the piano himself. He had been reading up on how to work on pianos so Nia figured she would give him a chance to fix it and if he could not do so then she would just have a repairman  fix it. Either way she would be able to spend time with Yixing undisturbed by the other males and that was exactly what they needed. The plan was to head to the piano store, but Nia figured it would be nice to take the scenic route instead of just going there and back. Honestly, the piano store was two buildings away and a few stories below them, but where was the fun in that? If anyone deserved to get out of the apartment it was Yixing.

 

“Ready?” Nia questioned looking over at Yixing who smiled and nodded scampering over to her side with a peppy reply of affirmation. “I figured that we could go out and get the pieces for the piano ourselves and then you could fix it. Does that sound okay?” She was nervous, Nia knew Yixing would never be rude and  scoff at her idea, but she still wanted him to like it. This was all for Yixing. The look on Yixing’s face told Nia what he thought of her proposal, she was joking. “I’m one hundred percent serious, Xing. I’m sorry I have not given you the attention that you deserve so I want to do this for you. Is that okay?” It was an old habit for Nia to gnaw on her top lip when nervous and she knew she was doing it yet again as she stared at Yixing awaiting his decision. She did not want him to think that she was doing it out of pity. She wasn’t, she was doing it to show Yixing that he was just as important in her life as the others were.

 

“Are you sure?” Always the altruistic one Yixing worried about her first of all. “You haven’t even gone out with Yifan or Minseok yet, why go with me? You’re going to regret this.” Maybe it was not the altruism this time rather it was him belittling himself. Nia couldn’t even say he had no reason to feel that way she had never given him a reason to feel otherwise. The others always came before Yixing or so it would seem. Honestly, Nia appreciated Yixing just as much as the others. While they were all fun and brought life to the house with their noise, Yixing did the same with his quiet presence. The male was always there whether it was with his music or his sleepy smiles. The others were always causing so much noise and while she loved them for it she also loved Yixing for his way of relaxing her and bringing some peace to their loud home.

 

“Xing, I think I would regret it the most if you were not the person who I took out alone first. You out of all the group deserve it.” Nia gave the other a gentle pat on the back before guiding him out the door and away from their home. Sometimes she wondered how much longer it would be that, theirs. The males had to leave at some point and Nia was not sure how she would cope when they did so. For the moment though she had to push those thoughts from her mind and focus solely on the male by her side. It was finally his turn to get all of her attention without having to fight over it with one of the other males, not that he would. “We can look around too, see some sights and what not.” Nia added on smiling over at Yixing who beamed back at her. Yixing and Yifan were alike in the way that they rarely asked for what they wanted and if they did she knew that it was important to them. The difference was that Yixing would be sad and brood internally while Yifan would apparently be willing to light their home on fire.

 

Honestly, aside from Minseok, Yixing was probably the one she worried about least. Tao would do anything he wanted, not in malice rather in wonder. Luhan would draw too much attention with his looks and the same went for Yifan who would probably strike fear, and lust, into the heart of any who passed him. Jongdae was just too loud and unpredictable to know what would happen if she tried to take him out without the others. Yixing was pleasant to be around and she knew that there was no worry of him running off or causing a public hassle thus drawing attention to himself. Not only was he the most reliable to not do something stupid, but she wasn’t lying when she said she would regret not taking him out first. Yixing deserved to go out and see the world more than anyone else. Frankly, Nia wasn’t sure that he was really happy at home so she wanted to see if maybe taking him out would bring a true smile to his face like she saw at the gardens. Call it selfish but she was hoping she could put the smile there.

 

After this the two walked in silence for a while more, the occasional comment or question from Yixing and answer from Nia being the only thing to interrupt their tranquil silence. The two were often quiet when together. The others had originally thought that they were awkward or did not get along and were mildly confused when they found out that the two of them just enjoyed the silence of the others company. For Yixing it was normally to be silent and observe, but Nia was known for jumping around and being loud with the others. While it was true that she liked to have a good time with the loud ones, the woman also liked her quiet time with Yixing. It was different than the silence she shared with Yifan or Minseok as they either meant that something bad had happened or that something non too innocent was happening. With Yixing they were just relaxing and sitting in a companionable silence.

 

“Do you ever think about what will happen when we leave this place?” To Nia’s surprise it was Yixing that began speaking first. “We will have to go one day, right? We have all realized that we can’t live off of you forever. We must cost you a lot of supplies.” So they had realized that the things they did cost money, well not money per say. “Minseok and Yifan would obviously stay with you no matter what, unless you told them to go. I think we all will, stay until you tell us to go I mean.” Nia could easily see the blush that was taking over Yixing’s face. “We miss the outside world, but I don’t think any of us have ever been so comfortable and happy. It’s not like there is much down there for us. We have family down there, but no one really important.” She could hear the nerves in Yixing’s voice. Even after all of the time they had spent together, all the things they had gone through, they still thought she was going to kick them out just like the first night.

 

“Never,” Nia was resolute in her answer. “I never think about the day you will leave. I don’t want to and honestly I don’t think I would be able to handle you all leaving me. I will miss you all too much. Everyone,” She could feel the lump forming in as the words tried to fight their way out. “Everyone has left me and to think that you six will one day leave me as well is too much to bear. I love you all too much to lose you so I’d rather not think of it.” And it was true. She had lost her family, maybe not physically, but emotionally yes. It crossed her mind often in the beginning, but over the past two weeks she had tried to think of it as little as possible. That day had been the first time in a week that she had thought of them willingly leaving. For her to drop her guard and think that they wouldn’t be found out was irresponsible as she knew the longer they stayed the more likely it was.

 

Being met with silence Nia looked over to Yixing and saw he was looking at her with eyes so wide she wondered if she had accidentally let loose something top secret, though she had no idea what she knew that could shock him so thoroughly. They had stopped walking as people passed by and tossed them odd looks. Nia knew it was because Yixing was just a desirable and she was highly-desirable. It wasn’t much of a difference, but she knew people would have stared even if he was of E class instead of his probably G class ranking. Yixing’s gaze was making her uncomfortable as he was never one for staring and engaged in it the least out of the six males. What had she done that was so crazy that it called for him to stare at her like that?

 

Love, she had said she loved them.

 

The moment she realized that not only had she said it without a thought, but that she had also meant it, Nia nearly began to hyperventilate. It was a scary thought, loving someone. She had never loved someone before and was not sure if she was ready to love someone. How could she? What did you do when you loved someone? You brought them flowers and blew on their food right? That’s what she saw in those old drama’s Luhan always had playing. She wasn’t sure she could do either. Flowers were expensive and she had just spent nearly all of her savings on that plant that the others had been freaking out over, the dying one. Nia did not think it would be appropriate for her to blow on a grown man's food either. There was so much that she was unsure of and questioned. She was not ready for the commitment that loving another brought about.

 

“We love you too.” Yixing’s whispered words brought Nia back to the world of the living. He was gazing at her with eyes twinkling and full of what she assumed was love. “You’re scared and I can see it, but don’t be. We have all thought of you as a member of our family for a while now and that means we loved you too. Some of us love you differently, but did we change?” Receiving a short ‘no’ from Nia Yixing smiled sweetly and reached out patting the side of her head. “Then you don’t have to either. Don’t baby us and don’t treat us any differently, we love you for you.” His hand slid down and gave a light squeeze to her shoulder letting Nia know that she did not need to say anything else. Instead of speaking Yixing grabbed the girl’s small hand and began pulling her in the direction that she told him the piano shop was in.

 

Yixing’s words rang in Nia’s head as they continued on. She didn’t need to change and neither did they. Wasn’t she supposed to do something? Maybe tell them? But, telling them that right after being out with Yixing would surely set Yifan off. She had just told him two months earlier how she was sorry, granted he didn’t know what for. He never was good at listening and was always much better at assuming and getting angry, it was like his specialty. Still, she knew Yifan would assume she had only realized because of Yixing, which she did, but he would also assume that she loved him like a brother as she did with the others. Nia could feel the migraine that all of the thinking was going to cause.They still hadn’t made up from their last fight and now she was worrying about one that hasn’t even happened yet?

 

“Sorry, but where to now?” Yixing was giving Nia a teasing smile, one that was rather rare as he was always off in his own world. His pace picked up rather quickly as Nia told him that the store was just right around the next corner. “Look, look there it is!” Yixing called his voice pitching as the store came into view. Nia had to remind herself that this was time for Yixing to have fun and spend with her. This was not time to worry about Yifan and his prissy attitude. Nia picked up her pace so that she and Yixing could get their quicker, maybe by just a second, but that was a second more of blissful happiness that she could give to Yixing. The place was one of the more upscale stores in the area. It was the only piano story within a five building radius and the only one so high up. Logically it was the only one someone like Nia would go to. She knew that there were other stores with musical pieces that were recycled and that Yixing would much rather go there. While Nia was willing to do a lot for the males she was not willing to buy second hand items. Those types of things had no place in her, their, house.

 

Nia doubted that she had ever seen Yixing happier than when she told him to have a look around and tell her if he found something he liked. She would have the owner of the shop record how to fix the piano and then let Yixing listen to it when they returned home. To sit and listen to the old man would seem odd. It was already odd enough that they were coming to retrieve the things for repairs themselves, but to actually pay attention would be unheard of for someone of her classification. Too much attention was a bad thing. While the old man was recording Nia watched Yixing as he looked around, she could tell he was trying to be nonchalant, but everything about him screamed amazed. He stared at a harmonica for five minutes, not even children were amazed by such things. The way Yixing looked at the musical instrument was how she looked at all the handbags she bought, yearning.

 

“Do you see the male over there?” Nia motioned over to Yixing who was still staring at the stupid piece of brass. “When he puts down the toy go and get it, wrap it up with a nice bow and add it to my tab.” The shopkeeper looked shocked and stood there even after Yixing left and moved on to the saxophones, no way was she buying something so loud for the house. “Are you so old you forgot what I just said?” Nia questioned raising an eyebrow in the old geezers direction. Quickly the man shot up, paused the recorder, and made his way over to the trinket to begin doing as she asked. “Honestly, is it so odd?” Nia murmured gently to herself hoping not to be caught doing so. Up here it was viewed as odd to talk to oneself, but the males she lived with often did so and told Nia it was common below. She had found herself doing it more and more as the days went by. She found herself becoming more and more like them as well.

 

Nia wasn’t she why or when it started, but she realized recently that she had started taking on more and more of the traits that the males around her possessed. She could look them in the eyes without wanting to puke and honestly she prefered looking people in the eyes, like Kyungsoo. His eyes were so big and round, they made her realize how kind of a person he truly is. She had stopped looking at people as truly beneath her just because she was prettier than them. Nia had started questioning things around her. Why couldn’t she talk back to a professor or question them? Why was it so bad for the poor to want better resources? How come her looks meant she was better than the others? It was dangerous, questioning things, but Nia could not stop once she started. The males said it was great and that she should not let her leaders control her every thought, but with the way that Yuri responded she did not think that she should openly question things. Those questions were saved for the males around her. They could not answer many of the questions, but it still felt good for Nia to get them off her chest.

 

“Miss?” A voice questioned and Nia turned to find a liberator not five feet from her. Mentally Nia began to freak out. The sound of Yixing happily humming somewhere in the store put part of her to ease, he was safe. Alarms were still ringing in her head though, liberators never question people without reason and Nia knew that. “I just saw you speaking with the shopkeep and I suggest you show more kindness to him next time. His age has made it less noticable, but he was once of D classification. While I am not sure of your classification it is suggested that we treat those within two classes lower of us with some form of respect.” At least he knew she was a high classification and would not both her too much. “I am of B classification so I suggest you listen well.” The voice speaking to Nia made it clear that he was not lying. The people from D classification and up all have different accents taught to them from their judgement day on so that they will be easier to identify along with keywords to use so people of the same ranking can tell they truly are. The C classifications word was ‘kindness’, a word not often used, so he was at least of her class.

 

“There you are!” Yixing chose the wrong moment to come back. “Nia this place is very amazing, thank you for bringing me here!” No, now the liberator would know her name! She could hear Yixing gasp as he finally noticed the liberator in front of them. “S-sir!” Yixing bowed quickly making sure to look at the ground instead of at the other male. The liberator turned his head in Yixing’s direction, but didn’t say anything. Nia could tell he was sizing up the smaller male. Something in the way the male stood seemed familiar to her. It was a rather haughty stance, one that liberators rarely took, even the high ranking ones. He turned back to look at Nia and motioned for her to follow him. She did not have a good feeling about following the male and leaving Yixing to himself as she did not know how long the other was going to take. Nia motioned for Yixing to stay put and could tell that he wanted to say something though in the end he decided against it.

 

Following the male Nia could feel the rock in her stomach becoming larger and larger the further they were from Yixing. What if it was a set up? What if they were found out and this was the council’s way of taking them out? Were the others okay? It was not too long before they made it to a dark hallway, it was under construction or so the sign they had passed a moment before said. Nia waited a few seconds for the other to say something which didn’t happen. Instead Nia was stupefied to see the liberator taking off his helmet. Liberators never took off their helmets. The most shocking part of the whole situation was the face below the helmet. Jongin. Nia rubbed her eyes just to make sure, make sure that the biggest slacker she had ever met was standing in front of her dressed as someone from the hardest working part of their entire society. She could practically feel a groan rising in . How many times had she sassed him and now she comes to find out he has more authority than his beauty had already given him? The city truly was a cruel place.

 

“You need to listen and listen carefully,” Jongin whispered harshly pulling her close. Nia tried to pull away only to have a firm grip pulling her back and even closer. “There are whispers going around about you and what, no who, you are hiding in your apartment.” Now that had Nia’s attention and she nodded for him to keep going. “I don’t particularly care for you, but Kyungsoo does and I care for him. If it wasn’t for you I never would have gotten so close to him.” That kid seriously  could not listen could he. She told him to stay away and yet he still refused. “A situation occurred a few months back, one of the elevators began coming up from a lower level, an obsolete level. That elevator was found trying to go back down to a lower the next day. The higher ups suspect you are harboring dwellers. I’ve been saying I haven’t seen anything, but that guy isn’t on the records.” How did he know that? How did Jongin know that Yixing wasn’t on records? “The helmets were updated for profile searches recently, at first it was only high ranking people and now it is everyone.” Jongin just stared down at her as Nia’s face became engulfed in fear. “You should thank Kyungsoo or I would not even be telling you this.” Note to self tell Kyungsoo what not to do more often.

 

“I understand.” Nia agreed giving a small nod in Jongin’s direction. “What do I do? How long do we have?” She knew there was no point in denying the obvious and decided not to waste time on trying to dissuade him from the truth as it might make him question if he should actually help her not and she did not need that. “I need them to be safe. Kyungsoo too, I assume you are only doing this because he might get into trouble as he is at my home so often.” A stern nod was all the answer Jongin gave. “Please tell me what I have to do.” Jongin gave her a warey look. Nia was always a brat when they met, lecturing him and telling him that the way he lived was wrong. At least, that was how she had always been before. She seemed different as he looked at her smaller form. She seemed more mature and not the hautey type of mature that she often displayed. A true maturity that had to be earned. He thought for sure that she would try and tell him that there was no one in her home and that the guy back there had gotten surgery which would account for not showing up in the system until his new face was registered. Kyungsoo had told him she was different than before, that she was a good person. Jongin thought that maybe he could see it in the way that she was asking, pleading, for his help.

 

Without another word Jongin settled his helmet back over his head grabbed her arm and led her back to the male. In the time that they were gone the shopkeep had finished locating nearly everything she required. He looked shocked to see a liberator approaching with someone of Nia’s desirability. The man stood stiffly unsure of what to do. Nia asked him to hold the piano pieces and she would pay the next morning as they didn’t have time to wait for it all to be wrapped and ready to be taken home. She made sure to pay for the harmonica for the male, Yixing, as Jongin found out. He did not seem threatening or dangerous, but Jongin was not going to take any chances so he kept his guard up always waiting for something to happen. The other male was confused by what was happening and was obviously about to start asking questions, but closed his trap the moment Nia sent him a warning glance. At least she had him under control, things could have gotten messy if not. Frankly Jongin was surprised Nia was even listening to him. The whole thing could have been a setup, but she still went along with it. She must have really wanted him to be safe.

 

“Xing, we are going home. Don’t speak and tell the others to do the same.” Nia knew they had a language that they spoke down on the surface that even she didn’t know. She knew he had figured out what she meant when he cast Jongin a glance and then looked back to her and nodded. “Don’t worry. It is okay, we are okay.” Nia whispered to him softly and took his hand to comfort him. Yixing was the most innocent person that Nia knew and she would treat him as such. She need him to not act too suspicious so as to not draw attention. Jongin was not walking with them, but a head. He was far enough that no one who saw them would think they were being escorted, but close enough that Jongin could keep an eye on them easily. She subtly looked around to see if anyone was watching them, but most people were too busy rushing to their own homes to pay attention to herself and Yixing. A few people’s gazes nervously drifted to Jongin, but it was a common occurrence as the liberators were feared and respected by most.

 

Jongin led them down a few hallways that Nia had never been before and Nia began to worry. He had said that he was helping them, but the places he was taking them through seemed very high class. They were in the B Class section and Nia gulped deeply looking around. There were a few people looking at them as they passed through, but most simply shrugged before going back to what they were doing. A few of the younger people gave them confused glance, but no one attempted to talk to them or question why they were there. It was all Nia could think about though. The further they went in, however, the more clear it became. There were no liberators, none aside from Jongin, anywhere in the area. It made sense really. The B Class had some of the best security only trumped by the A Class and officials who were mostly A and B Class anyway. Since there were no liberators the chance of them being found was lower too. The fact that Jongin was taking such precautions was unnerving to the girl. If he was working so hard to avoid being caught then their time truly must have been running short.

 

It wasn’t long before the three of them reached Nia’s apartment. Yixing was quick to scurry off and find the others to deliver her message. She knew that they would all listen especially when they saw Jongin in his uniform. Neither she nor Jongin looked at the other or tried to break the deafening silence between them. Instead of talking Nia led Jongin to the lower common area, the same one that was filled with laughter just a few hours earlier. She was unsure if it would ever be filled in such a way again. She hoped it would. Light footsteps were approaching alerting Nia that the males were closing in. It had taken her so long to become accustomed to how softly their feet glided over the floor. Maybe once everything was over she would have to get use to just hearing Ola’s mewls again. Without the males there Nia was unsure if she would ever be able to allow anyone into the apartment again. It was sad, the males were not even gone and she was already becoming depressed over their departure. Nia knew that they said they did not want to leave, but from what Jongin had said earlier it did not seem possible for them to stay. It was always best to prepare for the worst.

 

“Now I see why you were always turning Sehun down.” Jongin taunted looking at the six males who had finally made their way into the room. “Got yourself a little harem going on here. Such diversity too, A Class to J Class. It’s no wonder you turn your nose up to anyone who wants your attention.” Nia could feel her nails digging into the skin of her palm. Jongin was such an . But, he was the who was going to help her keep the people she cares about safe, that was all that mattered. If she had to deal with Jongin’s demeaning comments to make sure that the others got away safe, then so be it. She had dealt with worse in the past and for less of a reason.She could throw away her image, her home, and even her pride if only to save the few people she truly loved. She had just found out how much they meant to her and there was no way they would be taken away so soon. She would not let them be taken away from her.

 

“Please, I do not want to fight.” Nia muttered looking over at Jongin who was frowning as he eyed Minseok who was standing unusually close to her. “Just tell them what you told me an the please, please, help us.” She was almost always above begging. The girl was C class after all, people kissed the level she walked on. But, if it were for the sake of seeing Minseok smiling and Jongdae teasing an embarrassed Tao or Luhan and Minseok singing together and if Yifan was able to forgive her then Nia would bow to Jongin. Never had she bowed to someone never had she thought she would bow to someone. It was truly a testament to how much she loved the males in her home. She could see that even Jongin was at least surprised by her polite if not imploring tone. Nia was known for her indifferent attitude towards most things and her scathing one towards things she deemed beneath her. Begging was definitely beneath her.

 

“When you all came up a signal went off to the hire ups. Nothing should be coming up from Level 00. The systems were down in the eyes of the section that you  came up in so no one could figure out what was happening.” So that was how long they had gone without being caught. Nia was shocked at how lucky they had gotten. That’s what it was after all, pure dumb luck. “I’m assuming that you were the ones who sent off the censor the next day too?” Jongin barely stopped to attain nods of approval. “You got lucky too then, they still hadn’t been able to fix the eyes by then. You were almost caught too, got out by the skin on your teeth. They had been trying to find you since then. Your stunt at the gardens didn’t help anything either. So many people of the higher rankings, but not similar rankings in one place was far too suspicious to go unnoticed.” Jongin gave Nia a side-long look that told her she should have known better.

 

He just kept going. Jongin listed off so many things that had seemed off that the elders and council had taken note of. Apparently they had been asking around for people on her level acting weird as they had been able to trace where the elevator had stopped. Nia had never been asked, but Jongin told her there was no point as the council already had a few suspects and she was one of the main culprits they were looking at. Her sudden schedule changes and missing classes was strange. She had befriended Kyungsoo and his sister. She bought Soojung clothes on her judgement day which was the same day that the boys tried to go down, something she had never done before. Another thing was the fact that all of her bills had skyrocketed since the males were living with her and she could not exactly make them stay in the dark while she was away or stop them from bathing. While Nia listened to Jongin listed off all of the evidence against them Nia realized that they were in trouble.

 

“Tell me how to fix this. You said you came here for Kyungsoo right? I do not want to cause him any harm either. Kyungsoo is near to my heart as is Soojung, his sister, and I want them safe too.” Jongin frowned at Nia’s words as if he did not truly believe what she was saying to him. “Listen, I know you do not like me and I do not blame you, but I need your help in this.” There she goes with the begging again. Jongin and Nia had never been friends, maybe they would get along if Nia did not constantly turn down his best-friend and he would not make such sleazy actions. “If you will not tell me what to do I do not think I will be able to do it all on my own.” It was true too. Nia was simply a light sanctum worker, she had no clue about how to get out of a situation like the one she was in. “I’ll have to send them down won’t I? It’s the only way for everyone to stay safe.” Immediately the males who lived with her were objecting to leaving her, but Nia could see a certain sadness and uncertainty in Jongin’s eyes that told her she was not going to like what he was about to say.

 

“Sorry to tell you Princess, but you’ll be going down too.”