Ch 6: Adagio Pt. 1

Pas de Deux

adagioa succession of slow and graceful movements which may be simple or of the most complex


 

 

-Hakyeon’s POV-

 

My legs felt like jelly walking away from the pool. I forced myself to keep it together long enough to grab my towel from the dance bag and pat my arms and legs as dry as possible before walking towards the exit. Upon reaching for the door handle I noticed just how bad my hands were shaking and cursed at myself for being weak. I pushed through the door with more force than necessary and quickly started making my way down stairs, somehow missing a step along the way. I miraculously caught onto the railing before I could slip too far down the steps, managing to only land on my . Hard.

 

“Ouch, for ’s sake!” I winced at both the pain and how loud my voice echoed throughout the stairwell and immediately hoped no one was around to hear. Standing up slowly I reached around and rubbed at my backside, applying pressure in random areas until I winced at a particularly sore spot. That’ll be a bruise.

 

I continued down the steps with a sigh, albeit a bit slower than before but still quicker than a leisurely stroll. If Sanghyuk was serious about still getting a lesson then he would probably be on his way soon enough and I wasn’t in the mood to face him any more than necessary until then. My emotions were a complete mess after that incident and I intended to use this time to compose myself as best as possible.

 

In what little tiny bit of defense that Sanghyuk had, he really didn’t know what was going on and I could tell he meant it when he apologized, but at the same time he had plenty of opportunities to stop when I asked. It was more of a plea then asking, really. Whatever, what’s done is done and rather than worrying about it I decided to plan out the lesson during the time it took for me to get back to the dorms. I must have spent more time looking for Sanghyuk than I thought, not at all expecting Taekwoon to be out of class already.

 

“Oh my God, you nearly scared the out of me, Taekwoon!” I exclaimed with a hand clutched to my chest as I hurriedly moved around him and into our shared dorm. “Is your class already over?” I tried to make small talk as I hurried around the room, grabbing dry clothes and a bigger towel to dry my hair with.

 

“Yeah… We got out nearly fifteen minutes ago. I was just about to go find you since you’re usually back before me. Hakyeon, why are you soaking wet?” I froze in place for a moment before continuing to peel off my now freezing socks and replace them with new dry ones.

 

“I-I.. I fell into the pool. It was an accident though, and thankfully Sanghyuk was there. He got me out really quickly, don’t worry.” I explained calmly, stretching to truth a bit in order to keep Sanghyuk in Taekwoon’s good graces. I avoided eye contact and continued changing my clothes as quickly as possible, not wanting to waste too much time in here, but there was no avoiding Taekwoon’s worried questions.

 

“How the hell do you just fall into the pool? What were you even doing up there? Did you just happen to forget that you can’t swim? Why wasn’t Sanghyuk in class? Why weren’t you in class? Hakyeon, none of this is really adding up here.” My head started to spin at all the questions he was firing at me -as if my emotions already being in overdrive wasn’t enough- and the room start to tilt in my vision. I collapsed onto my bed before the dizziness worsened and tried to answer him as best as I could.

 

“You know me, I’m clumsy as when I’m not dancing. I lost my balance while walking along the edge and fell in. I was up there because I went looking for Sanghyuk when I saw that he wasn’t in class this morning. Like I said, thankfully Sanghyuk got to me before anything could happen. And don’t even start on the whole scholarship thing because I already told him. He’s going to have a private with me here in a few- , I need to get going.” I sat up and finished lacing up a different pair of sneakers before slowly getting up from my bed to make sure I didn’t have another dizzy spell. I nearly made it to the door when Taekwoon’s hand caught my wrist and turned me back around to face him, instantly gathering me into a tight hug.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for getting worked up, okay? You know how I am, though. I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something had happened to you without me being there to save you.” I let out a breath I didn’t realize I’d been holding and wrapped my arms around Taekwoon’s waist for a brief moment before backing out of his embrace.

 

“Sorry for worrying you, but I really have to leave now. It would look bad if I’m late to my first private lesson of the term, right?” I backed away towards the door until I was close enough to rest a hand on the doorknob.

 

“Right, right. Go on. Tell Sanghyuk I said hi!” Taekwoon said with a small wave and hint of a smile playing at his lips. I returned the gesture and quickly made my way to the dance annex.

 

-Hyuk’s POV-

 

[7:45AM] binnie: y did that hakyeon guy just pound on our door looking for u?

[7:45AM] binnie: his hair isn’t red anymore

[7:46AM] binnie: where the hell are u?

[7:46AM] binnie: istg hyuk i still had almost 20min to sleep

[7:47AM] binnie: u aren’t stupid enough to skip class

[7:47AM] binnie: or are u?

[7:52AM] binnie: i’m going to kick ur for being woke up this early

[8:07AM] binnie: are you okay at least?

[8:21AM] binnie: i hope whatever you’re doing is more important than class

[8:28AM] binnie: if you don’t answer me by the time i’m out of class han sanghyuk, i will personally hunt you down and kill you.

[8:29AM] binnie: i hope you’re okay.

 

.

 

Eleven texts and five missed calls all from Hongbin. I hadn’t meant to worry him, or anyone for that matter. I just needed to clear my head for a bit, and it worked for the most part. That is, until Hakyeon came around.

 

He seemed to be the source of the constant cloud of confusion that was beginning to suffocate my mind. That’s why it took nearly fifteen minutes of back and forth internal arguments with myself before finally deciding to trust him and go on with the stupid private. The stupid private that happened to be starting in less than five minutes and had me nearly flying down the stairs once I dried off and changed my clothes in the locker room near the pool.

 

It wasn’t until I was finally scanning the hallway of the third floor in the dance annex that I had decided to check my phone. “I’m so dead…” I mumbled to myself, halfway through typing out an explanation to Hongbin when Hakyeon’s voice caught my attention.

“You’re late.” He deadpanned, leaning against the door frame of one of the studios -studio 3-B I observed once I got closer. Had he been standing there just waiting for me the whole time?


A/N: This is extremely short because it's the first part of what I was planning on updating as a whole. Buuut I decided to split it from the rest of the update bc I haven't updated in so long -sorry-. I'll finish up the rest of the next chapter tomorrow and hopefully have it posted if not tomorrow night then probably sometime Monday ^^ 

Also this is how some of the chapters will be from here on out; I will sometimes switch POVs within the chapter. 

I hope you're all at least kind of enjoying the story so far, I have so much planned for it that I can't wait to show you<3 <3 <3