9 .

999 pieces of a puzzle

The break Woohyun pressed so suddenly almost had them hitting the dash board if not for the seatbelts he always adamantly asked to fasten at all costs.

At that point Sunggyu didn't care too much about his friend's feelings, but damn right cared to get in one piece to the place he requested for Dongwoo to bring Song Hye at.

"You'll hear the whole story soon enough,don't make me reapeat myself.Drive."Sunggyu leaned back in his seat,closing his eyes throughout the journey to WU campus.

They didn't have to wait for too long before the other two showed up,not that Sunggyu felt grateful in any way.His new self would've never given into his rage,but that was just the thing:he recalled the old him,the real one.The one who never took from anyone, not even stuck up parents that disowned their flesh and blood for sticking up for what he believed in.

She  also should've known better than that!

He thought she knew him!

Meeting her eyes proved more difficult than expected and he couldn't decide if it was a good or a bad thing.He didn't like her mocking him with that stoic stance, the thin bracelet with the clover charm dangling before him as if  daring him to rip it off.He didn't feel like they've been apart for 4 years,which actually took him by surprise.All that  passed time it was like a glimpse,like just yesterday.

"Why?"Sunggyu launched first."Why the hell would you disappear after all we've went through?!Was it suddenly too much for you to handle?Answer me!"he screamed when she didn't say a word.

"Sunggyu, please don't..."

"No,Dongwoo! I want her to tell me why the did she leave my side all this time!I had the right to be there for my son!I ing had the right to...."

"She tried, alright?"Dongwoo cut in."You may not remember it, but I was there when she faced your parents telling her to abort your son when you forgot all about her ;or him,for that matter."he held tight on her hand."She was there for you everytime you had to see the doctors, hoping to hear you saying her name again,but that never happened.She didn't hide anything,Sunggyu.You just ...forgot."It was like a hidden acusation.

Woohyun was looking at him with such concern that Sunggyu felt like punching him.

"She should've tried harder.You should've ing tried harder!"he accused her,pointing  a finger."I missed my own son coming to life..."he groaned painfully."I've written him a damn lullaby...."

Song Hye finally looked at him,not a single trace of anger on her face;maybe guilt,but no anger,even though he threw all that at her.He was hurt and didn't care that he hurt others as well,but deep down he had to admit she didn't deserve it.As much as he wanted to shake her,he longed to hug her more than anything.He might've forgotten about her for the past 4 years, but in his head he was stuck being irrevocably in love with her.

No she wasn't angry. She was broken, he concluded.And he was the sole culprit.

"You still don't remember,Sung ah."she spoke with a faint voice,already cracking between sobs.

The way she said his name was too intimate;how long had it been since he'd last heard it?

"The funny thing is that you actually managed to help bring Ye Sung into this world.But didn't know it was your own flesh."

"What the heck are you saying?"he wobbled on his feet again,fresh tears slipping from his eyes.

"It's true, Sunggyu."Dongwoo took over."It was a chance meeting,but you ended up sharing a cab on a rainy day when her water broke.You didn't let go of her hand until she gave birth to Ye Sung,though you fled the hospital soon after she'd fallen asleep."

"I..don't...no, you're...." stuttered,looking between the two in greater confusion than before.Why were they messing with his head to such extreme?

"Sunggyu, this is just too much.Please, can't you do this another time?"Woohyun asked all of them seeing what toll it took on them.

"Your friend is right.Why don't you take some rest and we'll get..."

"Are you ting me?"Sunggyu burst in flames."What do you think this is,a game?Taking recess is the last resort!"

"Funny,coming from the one who missed this party for the last 4 years!"Song Hye broke down.

"That's not fair."Sunggyu huffed.

"Neither is your girlish tantrum.Man up!We've all gone through ty times,but whining isn't doing anyone any favours."

"When did you get this sour spirited?"

"You taught me.How else would I have endured your hollow self?"she teared."I had to remember for the both of us and fought against ....it doesn't matter anymore.I can finally have a breather now that you recalled a bit of your past.I'd say welcome back,but I'm not sure you like what you've found."she exhaled."I have to get back.Dongwoo will fill in the blanks if you need to."

"Don't you dare walk away!"

"I guess it's not that pleasant a feeling, huh?You'll get used to it."Song Hye her feet.

"Dammit, I said don't!"he hurried after her,grabbing her hand.

He was lost.He couldn't find it in him to sweet talk his way out of this when he himself was enraged over what happened.Why the heck had they deserved such cruel fate?

 

Sung ah....Sung Gyu ah....Yah! KIm Sunggyu! 

Is there anything I might trouble you with?

No...just making sure you know  I am right here.In case you forgot.

.....................                                .......................................                                   ......................................................................................

 

                       I don't need you to get me anything,I already have everything I want,as long as my wifey here stays in my arms.

                         I can't believe you got me to go along with your nutty plan.Who marries on a trip to the sea side?

                         First trip ever to the sea side, mind you.I needed to celebrate it,what can I say?

                        Well, I guess it's reasonable.You're lucky I love your writing skills,otherwise you might lose this awesome girl to some corporate,business major.

.....................                                .........................................                                   .................................................................................................

       What did you wish for?

       It's supposed to be a secret.

      Come on, Sung ah, let me see....you can't deny a pregnant woman anything! Don't make me climb up there just to take a peek.

      Let's just say that it was more of a thanking tag.Here,I got this for you.

      A clover charm?Wow, we're really sick.Isn't it enough that I carve it in almost every belonging of ours?

      I love it when you say it like that...ours.

      When did you get this cheesy?

      Ever since my wifey wrote down the title for my first song in this small notebook she got me for my birthday.

      And appa here wrote the most beautiful lullaby ever for this small bump.

      Small bump that completed my clover.

     I'll never take this bracelet off.Not even if you forget about us.Once you'll see it,you can't not remember.

      How can I forget my lucky charm?You're the best thing I never knew I wanted.

     Ok, now you make me gag...too cheesy.

     That's just Ye Sung high-fiving his appa.

     Already alike?Uhh, what am I gonna do?

"You kept it on....."Sunggyu palmed her bracelet,eyes roaming over the clover charm that had all their initials engraved on each leaf,the forth one reading 'Family'.

It was him that broke the promise,not her.He was the one that forgot.

"I didn't know remembering would be so tiring."she admitted.

"I'm so sorry,Song Hye."